Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 09:07:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227782 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl Rose, New York's hottest party boy
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl Rose, New York's hottest party boy  (Read 15116 times)
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2010, 07:33:11 PM »

Its interesting to me how Axl becomes such a party animal when he's out on the road touring yet when he's not touring he seems to lay really low.  Of course, I only know what I read about him, but certainly NYC seems to bring out wild side.  Back in '06 Axl stayed in the city for some time partying at Butter and other hot spots at that time.  After the subsequent tour there was basically not one reported sighting of him until he got to LAX to fly out for the recent Asian shows.  He's definitely got his mojo going again.  Great to see.  Would be cool if he buys a place in CT, we need Axl out on the east coast!
I don't know why in the world anyone would want to move from Malibu to CT, but Axl would make a fine addition to the Nutmeg State.  I remember Axl saying during a 1992 concert in CT (New Haven?) that he had family in CT.  Granby, CT I believe it was.  Don't know if they still live there.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2010, 07:40:11 PM »

They just mean disappointing cos it didn't sell as well as people thought, but it was never going to live up to the hype anyways.

It has sold over 5 million copies in a little more than one year... pretty impressive IMHO

Wonder what members of Black Eyed Peas he was with.  They're now hanging with Axl and Slash  hihi

Probably the ones with talent, like will i am for example...

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
Maxi Fisher
Headliner

Yep we're fucked !

« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2010, 02:40:41 AM »

Fuckin nother Kevin Bacon connection  rofl rofl rofl rofl

Go Axl  peace beer beer beer beer beer
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2010, 03:41:16 AM »

It has sold over 5 million copies in a little more than one year... pretty impressive IMHO

That was never confirmed.  Smiley

Cool to see Axl is such a party animal at 48!!!

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2010, 04:05:37 AM »

I do like this tid bit , from this article on same subject.. 

We're exhausted just looking at that. But it begs a great question: Where will Axl go next? What stones has he left unturned? What does this week hold? It's a new month chock full of new opportunities to smash guitars, swill pink drinks, and generally act like a teenager. Axl shows no signs of slowing down, and for that, we are thankful.

Keep up with Axl's shenanigans on his Twitter!

http://guestofaguest.com/nyc-nightlife/is-axl-rose-downtowns-newest-darling/

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2010, 08:41:10 AM »

They just mean disappointing cos it didn't sell as well as people thought, but it was never going to live up to the hype anyways.

------------------------------

thats highly doubtful
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2010, 08:43:00 AM »

Its interesting to me how Axl becomes such a party animal when he's out on the road touring yet when he's not touring he seems to lay really low.  Of course, I only know what I read about him, but certainly NYC seems to bring out wild side.  Back in '06 Axl stayed in the city for some time partying at Butter and other hot spots at that time.  After the subsequent tour there was basically not one reported sighting of him until he got to LAX to fly out for the recent Asian shows.  He's definitely got his mojo going again.  Great to see.  Would be cool if he buys a place in CT, we need Axl out on the east coast!
I don't know why in the world anyone would want to move from Malibu to CT, but Axl would make a fine addition to the Nutmeg State.  I remember Axl saying during a 1992 concert in CT (New Haven?) that he had family in CT.  Granby, CT I believe it was.  Don't know if they still live there.

just cause the article says he's gonna but a place in CT doesn't mean he's moving here; many celebreties own multiple homes;  now if you want to question why he'd want to buy a place in CT, thats a great question when he could buy place in NYC
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2010, 09:00:10 AM »

just cause the article says he's gonna but a place in CT doesn't mean he's moving here; many celebreties own multiple homes;  now if you want to question why he'd want to buy a place in CT, thats a great question when he could buy place in NYC
Yeah, there's a few things in the article I'd love to be true but kind of question.  Notably, working on a second album and moving to CT.  CT is actually home to lots of celebrities, down in the Greenwich/Stamford area.  It's a stone's throw from NYC.  Mike Tyson lived in CT in his prime and sold his home to 50 Cent.  Tennis star Ivan Lendl lived in Greenwich for years.  Rip Torn lives, and was arrested in CT recently.  Just to name a few.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2010, 02:01:31 PM »

the why...could it be linked to someone's mediatized plenty of horrors divorce ? Undecided

Nothing to say
AC
Rocker

« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2010, 02:51:24 PM »

Not sure what the big fuss is about someone partying all night. Anyone can do this if you're able to live that kind of lifestyle. Big deal.

The more I read the more I'm confused, but the more interested I get...
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2010, 12:10:07 AM »

Howard Stern had a small Axl Rose mention on his show today.  He's been talking about John Varvatos lately, he digs his clothing.  So that and this latest article in the NY Post, I figured he'd mention Axl eventually.  Well today, Fred played "Paradise City" coming out of a break and Howard mentioned how he'd read a few articles about how Axl Rose was hanging out, partying, and playing shows in the city.  He must've picked up on the part of the article that focussed on Axl not having the same body he had when he was in his 20's because he was saying how Axl was still dressing like he was in the 80's.  He then went on to mention how lots of rock stars never change their looks. 

plissken2013
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2010, 02:54:50 AM »

Howard Stern had a small Axl Rose mention on his show today.  He's been talking about John Varvatos lately, he digs his clothing.  So that and this latest article in the NY Post, I figured he'd mention Axl eventually.  Well today, Fred played "Paradise City" coming out of a break and Howard mentioned how he'd read a few articles about how Axl Rose was hanging out, partying, and playing shows in the city.  He must've picked up on the part of the article that focussed on Axl not having the same body he had when he was in his 20's because he was saying how Axl was still dressing like he was in the 80's.  He then went on to mention how lots of rock stars never change their looks. 

Another proof that this guy is a huge moron. People actually wanted him to interview Axl? Come on!

I see the light at the end of the tunnel now
Someone please tell me it's not a train
Cracker

Political correctness is for dumbasses

Mods are the new Hitlers
Uzi76
Headliner

Despite everything, all is beautiful

« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2010, 03:51:24 AM »

If Axl is havin' a good time I am very happy for him.
Partying until 8 a.m is the best!!!!!

Although I do take this article with a grain of salt. But it's cool, nevertheless.  beer

Remember in this game we call life that noone said it's fair.
inlikeflynn420
Rocker

Fuck 'em if they can't take a joke!

« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2010, 08:29:30 PM »

I think it's great that Axl is out having a blast during his downtime from touring (although it seems like he was tearing it up pretty good while touring, too). I showed the article to some coworkers today and they thought it was awesome that Axl is behaving like a true fucking rock star! Someone's gotta do it -- and who better than Axl Fucking Rose!  I also liked the map of where all Axl has been spotted.  Party on, brother!
 beer

8.4.88Philly
6.11.91Hershey
7.17.92D.C.
12.6.2Philly*
10.25.6Tampa
11.13.6Baltimore
1.28.10Toronto
11.20.11WilkesBarre
11.26.11Camden
2.27.12Philly
5.13.14Bethlehem
4.8.16Vegas
7.14.16Phil
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #34 on: March 05, 2010, 12:17:09 AM »

Another proof that this guy is a huge moron. People actually wanted him to interview Axl? Come on!
Absolutely, I'd love him to interview Axl.  He's the greatest interviewer of our time, it would be amazing.  And I don't think the comments Howard made were all that bad actually.  He was just commenting on the article he read.  And let me explain one more time the point of the Howard Stern Show.  It's a comedy show, and Howard bags on all celebrities and people in general unless they're on the show.  When they're on the show, he's as polite as can be and very grateful.  If Howard said glowing things about everyone, it wouldn't be The Howard Stern Show.

plissken2013
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #35 on: March 05, 2010, 02:16:52 AM »

Absolutely, I'd love him to interview Axl.  He's the greatest interviewer of our time, it would be amazing.  And I don't think the comments Howard made were all that bad actually.  He was just commenting on the article he read.  And let me explain one more time the point of the Howard Stern Show.  It's a comedy show, and Howard bags on all celebrities and people in general unless they're on the show.  When they're on the show, he's as polite as can be and very grateful.  If Howard said glowing things about everyone, it wouldn't be The Howard Stern Show.

"He's the greatest interviewer of our time"

That made my day, thanks! Grin  hihi

Anyway, it will not happen, and I think it's a good thing. You don't do interview with a person who has talked shit about you for ages, unless you're a whore. And if Axl is not a saint (which is a good thing IMHO), he's not a whore too!

I see the light at the end of the tunnel now
Someone please tell me it's not a train
Cracker

Political correctness is for dumbasses

Mods are the new Hitlers
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #36 on: March 05, 2010, 04:28:07 AM »

LOL.  He would have Axl sit on a Sybian? 

He's the worst media personality since Sally Jessy Raphael. 
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #37 on: March 05, 2010, 08:28:25 AM »

"He's the greatest interviewer of our time"

That made my day, thanks! Grin  hihi

Anyway, it will not happen, and I think it's a good thing. You don't do interview with a person who has talked shit about you for ages, unless you're a whore. And if Axl is not a saint (which is a good thing IMHO), he's not a whore too!
Well, he really hasn't talked shit about Axl for ages.  But if that's what you want to believe, go right ahead.  I do agree with you though, he will not go on the show.  So it's not really worth discussing.

Uzi76
Headliner

Despite everything, all is beautiful

« Reply #38 on: March 05, 2010, 08:46:09 AM »

Who the fuck is Howard Stern?  Huh

(don't worry, we do know in Europa who Howard Stern is, thanks to that movie where the guitarist of Fergie was in. oops  Lips Sealed)

Remember in this game we call life that noone said it's fair.
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #39 on: March 07, 2010, 03:04:54 PM »

Actually I've heard Howard say positive things about Axl in the past..He even played the BETTER leak and gave it a promising review..
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: