Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:00:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  POLL: Favorite guitar player?
Poll
Question: Who's your favorite GN'R guitar player (listed alphabetically)?
DJ Ashba - 25 (21.9%)
Richard Fortus - 35 (30.7%)
Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal - 54 (47.4%)
Total Voters: 109

Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: POLL: Favorite guitar player?  (Read 64345 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« on: March 05, 2010, 08:34:37 PM »

Vote for your favorite GN'R guitar player!

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2010, 08:55:50 PM »

hahaha well this is an accurate poll, as much as I know some people are going to disagree with it.  I voted for Bumblefoot.
Guifris
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2010, 09:05:32 PM »

i'm the only one that voted in Ashba?
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2010, 12:21:40 AM »

I can't vote just yet because I haven't seen the new lineup up close and personal.  I love what Fortus does in a live setting and DJ seems to have what it takes.  Bumblefoot is a class act all the way around, plus he can play.  So he'd probably get my vote at this point, but I'll reserve judgement until I get to see DJ live.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2010, 11:16:20 AM »

damn it faldor, you always sounds so fkn reasonable, I agree with pretty much every word you say smoking
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2010, 11:34:58 AM »

damn it faldor, you always sounds so fkn reasonable, I agree with pretty much every word you say smoking
Thank you sir.  I just hope I get to see the band sometime soon so I can cast my vote once and for all.  US, late summer?  Can't get here soon enough.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Jdog0830
Legend

Rocking and Rolling because I am young and free!!!

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2010, 02:36:37 PM »

I got to go with Bumblefoot. I just like his guitar playing style.

Joe

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=59678.0

Just keep on moving on don't turn around or you'll lose it all
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2010, 04:22:58 AM »

So, were is the other poll gone?  hihi

Did it really get taken down cos the minority weren't happy with the results?
I don't think i will vote this time around, it might not suit everybody and then what... We vote again?

Reminds me of referendums in Ireland.

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2010, 06:46:12 AM »

I don't think i will vote this time around, it might not suit everybody and then what... We vote again?

Does make sense to keep a thread with the name of four gone guitarrists as "Favorite guitar player" of Guns N' Roses?

I think this thread is perfect. If we should vote our favorite guitar player of Guns N' Roses, then the names that should be there are the names of the people that ACTUALLY are in the band

jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2010, 07:16:35 AM »

Does make sense to keep a thread with the name of four gone guitarrists as "Favorite guitar player" of Guns N' Roses?

I think this thread is perfect. If we should vote our favorite guitar player of Guns N' Roses, then the names that should be there are the names of the people that ACTUALLY are in the band

i think if anything, 2 threads would be better. One for "favourite GNR guitar player" and one for "Favourite GNR guitar player of all time". 
I think the person that was winning in the other poll,  just didnt sit too well with some people.

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2010, 07:49:03 AM »

i think if anything, 2 threads would be better. One for "favourite GNR guitar player" and one for "Favourite GNR guitar player of all time". 
I think the person that was winning in the other poll,  just didnt sit too well with some people.

A guy who tried to destroy GN'R . It's understandable not to like him.

If it were up to him, we couldn't have "Chinese Democracy", the excellent 2006/2007 tour, this awesome 2009/2010/I-hope-2011 tour, etc.

jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2010, 08:38:53 AM »

A guy who tried to destroy GN'R

Were do you get that idea from?  Do you have any solid evidence to support such a statement?

Remember that he helped to make GNR what they are.

To be honest, this is a stupid arguement though.  it could go on for pages an pages.  I made my point and im leaving now.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2010, 08:43:29 AM by jacdaniel » Logged

Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2010, 09:35:31 AM »

It could go on for pages, yes.

You made your point, please let me do mines (well...i'll try because I can't manage english that well).

It's simple, he tried to hinder Guns N' Roses' work all these years. Yes, he helped to make GN'R what they are but he tried to destroy it as well.

He filed several suits against Axl  and he tried to destroy the musical legacy of the band. How? Trying to deny Axl's rights on Guns N' Roses material with a mission: sell Guns N' Roses music, to prostitute Guns N' Roses' legacy. As a proof that I know what I'm talking about, Slash claimed that Axl prevented the sell of Guns N' Roses' music to movies like "Just Married", "We were Soldiers", "Death to Smoochy", "Old School", etc.

He smashed Axl blaming on him of "breach of written contract", "breach of fiduciary duty", "unfair competition", "unjust enrichment" and all kind of shit. WHAT A NICE GUY, huh? If you file suits against the singer of the group several times, logic dictates that the group will be affected for all this kind of things...

Slash always was moved by the money, Axl was always moved by art and keep Guns N' Roses alive.

However, this is not a topic about these kind of issues.

LUCKILY, THE REALITY SAYS THAT GUNS N' ROSES HAVE THREE AMAZING GUITARRISTS: THAL, FORTUS AND ASHBA. The name of "that guy" is not there peace
« Last Edit: March 09, 2010, 09:37:26 AM by Ulises » Logged

GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2010, 09:42:06 AM »

WOW!!!  Turning a thread into an "old vs new" argument!!!  What a novel idea!!!!  Roll Eyes

On Topic:  I voted for Richard.  Grin
Hope that doesn't jinx him now.  Embarrassed

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2010, 09:43:53 AM »

WOW!!!  Turning a thread into an "old vs new" argument!!!  What a novel idea!!!!  Roll Eyes

Yes, you're right.

And it's kind of my fault. Sorry for that.

It was hard but I chose Ron.

GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2010, 09:52:21 AM »

It was hard but I chose Ron.

It really was hard to choose but I guess that's a testament to how equally talented each one is and how each one adds his own unique style into a great sounding "team" effort.  ok 

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Ignacio
Rocker

I'm fn' inoccent!

« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2010, 09:53:32 AM »

Ron got my vote!  Cool

M?sica, m?sica, m?sica, siempre s?...
axlroselegend
Headliner

Irish Gunner

« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2010, 10:04:40 AM »

I think all three are awesome guitar players and cool guys each bringing a different style and energy.
But for me its DJ Ashba all the way...I love is guitar style and techniques.
In saying that I own a number of Bumblefoot Albums and love them, I love the raw energy that Richard has on stage...but Dj's style with Guns, his work with Sixx AM and Beautiful Creatures puts him in a league of his own for me.
DJ Ashba is my Number 1 Axeman
seely
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2010, 12:21:57 PM »

I vote Richard, great live player, great stage presence, does the old solos well live
DJ is great, but can't reallu judge till we hear him in the studio

But Slash is still the best guitarist GN'R have ever had, all the same

(\__/)
(O.o )
( > < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny and this attached message into your signature to help him on his quest for world domination.

----------------------------------------------------
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2010, 04:12:44 PM »

But Slash is still the best guitarist GN'R have ever had, all the same

thats not one of the options, so how about taking that shit to the ex-members section so we dont have to hear about it.   ok

i voted for DJ, but I love all three of them.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: