Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 07:47:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  March 22 - Buenos Aires, Argentina @ Velez Sarfield [ UPDATES +DICUSSIONS]
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: March 22 - Buenos Aires, Argentina @ Velez Sarfield [ UPDATES +DICUSSIONS]  (Read 63260 times)
Tatiana
Headliner

Hi gunners!

« Reply #180 on: March 23, 2010, 07:24:16 PM »

He didn't insult Argentinians, he used the word 'n***o' which is a racist and insulting term for many people (whether or not it is used as a non racist term in Argentina) - That is what I am guessing is the reason for the deletion

But estebanf used that word as a form of insult. And in Argentina that word is also used as an insult.  
fieldsy
Careless whisper
VIP

Use Your Illusion

« Reply #181 on: March 23, 2010, 07:26:27 PM »

He didn't insult Argentinians, he used the word 'n***o' which is a racist and insulting term for many people (whether or not it is used as a non racist term in Argentina) - That is what I am guessing is the reason for the deletion

But estebanf used that word as a form of insult. And in Argentina that word is also used as an insult.  

Great - everywhere else it is racist. 

w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #182 on: March 23, 2010, 07:26:52 PM »

oh! You erased my complete review!! So cool of you!!

thank you for making me waste my time freely!!

"estebanf"......your thoughts??

it has been COMPLETELY erased by a mod. This is how things work here.

We're not really interested in flagrant racism.

you could of just left the positive part of his review and erase the negative.
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #183 on: March 23, 2010, 07:28:31 PM »

Or people could just not be racist? I'm not here to make people look good, if someone does something disgusting I'm going to remove it then, if they whine about it I'm going to point it out.
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #184 on: March 23, 2010, 07:32:55 PM »

or the mod could have also asked him to edit his post or it will get deleted.... you know, a warning.
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #185 on: March 23, 2010, 08:07:39 PM »

i couldn't care less.

Its quite simple Adz is not argentine and was not waiting for a single show after 17 years of waiting, to be ruined by some stupid people.

And i cant care less about Tatiana's comments. I explained i used that ''n'' word the way is used here, because I just cant explain it better since my mother language is not english. Its typical of argentine people, being such hypocrites, reading that ''n'' word (the way we used) and feel it scandalous, but i bet she has used that word plenty of times. ABout her saying ''insulting argentine people'': FUCK YES: i was doing that, so fucking what? Im argentine too.

I know i made a mistake using that word, which has a different and a more heavy connotation in english. I just think Adz could EDIT that parts, maybe giving me a negative point of karma, and avoid erasing my whole post, which i dedicated a lot of time.

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
Tatiana
Headliner

Hi gunners!

« Reply #186 on: March 23, 2010, 08:42:08 PM »

estebanf: I think you should live in another country, if you hate your own country.
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #187 on: March 23, 2010, 08:43:27 PM »

Hahahaha, "best fans ever" is all I've been hearing.

Yeah, ya'll were great.

So you thought 17 years was a long time....
imsorry
Rocker

d|0_o|b

« Reply #188 on: March 23, 2010, 09:53:42 PM »

i feel sorry for everything going all wrong for those ppl attend the show lots of expectations were made  about that gig "WAIT N SEE..." but for me as Brazilian its just hilarious i have to LOL  rofl  rofl  rofl  rofl

Don't take my coment to serious i couldnt let it pass  ok

20-23/01/1991
10-12/12/1992
15/01/2001
07-13-16/03/2010
11/20/2016
I believe!
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #189 on: March 23, 2010, 10:05:27 PM »

so there back to playing only 5 songs of democracy and the rest of the old stuff; they hav more solo's/jams than tunes od Democracy Shocked
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #190 on: March 23, 2010, 10:14:49 PM »

and they are no longer starting shows at 10:45pm  Shocked
Christian
VIP

« Reply #191 on: March 23, 2010, 10:31:23 PM »

I feel sorry for Tatiana and other fans, but i just can't get the "we deserve a blablablablabla" bullshit.

I went to the shortest setlist show (Belo Horizonte) and i didn't get home disappointed. It was a fucking great time and i hope they come back soon!

Anyway, i saw the "translator" youtube video and yeah, he didn't tell Axl what the crowd was screaming
LittleFly
Legend

A dream realized

« Reply #192 on: March 23, 2010, 10:44:04 PM »

Huge props to the band for continuing to play through all the troubles.  As others have said, if this show were stopped, I am sure there would have been some kind of horrible trouble.

Damn, they played Don't Cry! Unbelievable Grin

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"

www.cindyscrazy.com   www.facebook.com/cindyscrazy

"...now where's that monkey? I want to shoot something"- Cap'n Jack Sparrow
KeifferGNR
Headliner

Guns N' Roses

« Reply #193 on: March 23, 2010, 11:14:10 PM »

hollyshit, amazing setlist for the argentinians!  Grin

Brasil!
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #194 on: March 23, 2010, 11:54:17 PM »

so there back to playing only 5 songs of democracy and the rest of the old stuff; they hav more solo's/jams than tunes od Democracy Shocked
Actually they played 6 songs off of CD.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #195 on: March 23, 2010, 11:58:08 PM »

I understood your frustration estebanf and took it as a difference in languages.  You certainly haven't presented yourself as a racist or bigot here before.  All around fun kind of person for the most part.

I still can't believe Argentina got Don't Cry, that's special.  As soon as I can wade through all the posts I hope I can find the youtube of that.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
manteca80
Opening Act

« Reply #196 on: March 24, 2010, 01:14:20 AM »

This is my channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/manteca080
gabrieltoxic
Opening Act

« Reply #197 on: March 24, 2010, 01:35:26 AM »

Not trying to pick a fight with you, estebanf, but "the n word" is a racist term EVERYWHERE.
The fact that you and I come from a country that refuses to acknowledge this term as racist when it is clearly used in a derogartory way, insulting and entire race, doesn't make it ok. It just proves that our society needs to learn a few things, advance a few ideas and grow out of these ignorant ways.

I'm from Buenos Aires, born and raised here, and I do agree that a lot of people at the show (and at other shows I've attended, to be honest) behaved like idiots. But we have a name for that: IDIOTS. Idiocy doesn't come with the color of your skin, and it has nothing to do with where you were born: all human beings are capable of behaving like idiots. It's a choice.

I'll grant you that some people don't know any better, sometimes because of how they were brought up, but that doesn't give anyone the right to spew racism.

Again, I'm not trying to pick a fight here, I'm not trying to insult you or anything like that, and I'm not trying to convince you that I'm right and you're wrong. I'm just adding my two cents about this whole thing, because while I agree with you on some things about last night's concert and certain people who just don't know how to behave in public, I'm not with you regarding how you chose to describe those people.
I understand you're frustrated, and I am too.

I hope this clears the air a bit, and we can move on with the discussion, posting of photos, videos, and the things we all look for in these boards.

Cheers.
Six Strings
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #198 on: March 24, 2010, 03:05:51 AM »

Good old Guns N' Roses... Grin

"...It don't really matter..."
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #199 on: March 24, 2010, 05:13:45 AM »

I still can't believe Argentina got Don't Cry, that's special.  As soon as I can wade through all the posts I hope I can find the youtube of that.

that was special.

but what was even more special is watching DJ, Richard and Bumble playing ''Por Una Cabeza'' (by one head > a horse winning a horse race at an hippodrome by the minimum difference), which is a tango written by the legendarious performer/songwritter Carlos Gardel, and his ethernal partner Alfredo Le Pera. What is really ironic is neither Gardel or Le Pera were argentine: there is a huge mistery and a lot of theories about Gardel's nationality (the strongest theories around claim he was born in France or in Uruguay), and Le Pera was born in Sao Paulo, Brazil. ''Por Una Cabeza'' is as typical as our national anthem. This, along with ''Sossego'' and ''Tavaszi sz?l vizet ?raszt'', was one of the most incredible tributes ever done by GNR, but my impression is ''Por Una Cabeza'' was performed flawlessly, which is not the case of Sossego and the hungarian song.

Not trying to pick a fight with you, estebanf, but "the n word" is a racist term EVERYWHERE.
The fact that you and I come from a country that refuses to acknowledge this term as racist when it is clearly used in a derogartory way, insulting and entire race, doesn't make it ok. It just proves that our society needs to learn a few things, advance a few ideas and grow out of these ignorant ways.

I'm from Buenos Aires, born and raised here, and I do agree that a lot of people at the show (and at other shows I've attended, to be honest) behaved like idiots. But we have a name for that: IDIOTS. Idiocy doesn't come with the color of your skin, and it has nothing to do with where you were born: all human beings are capable of behaving like idiots. It's a choice.

I'll grant you that some people don't know any better, sometimes because of how they were brought up, but that doesn't give anyone the right to spew racism.

Again, I'm not trying to pick a fight here, I'm not trying to insult you or anything like that, and I'm not trying to convince you that I'm right and you're wrong. I'm just adding my two cents about this whole thing, because while I agree with you on some things about last night's concert and certain people who just don't know how to behave in public, I'm not with you regarding how you chose to describe those people.
I understand you're frustrated, and I am too.

I hope this clears the air a bit, and we can move on with the discussion, posting of photos, videos, and the things we all look for in these boards.

Cheers.

That was a great demonstration of civic conscience, as well as a demonstration of first class hypocrisy. Dont need any of your lessons, sorry. Claiming you're an argentine gives my words even more strenght.

If you are walking the streets and you get robbed by someone once, then twice, then again and again, by the same person, you're not facing ''an idiot'' (''idiocy'' is a pathological / mental illness, not the case here), you're facing a ''insert word here / choose a word you feel confortable with''.

This is the case with some people at rock shows in Argentina. People who just dont go to the venue to see the artist performance. I could have been robbed TWICE yesterday, and got hit by these people multiple times. They dont know the words for Nightrain, but they know how to throw a lighter to DJ Ashba. 100% of them were white-skinned people, so your ''Idiocy doesn't come with the color of your skin'' is another proove of your cheap demagogy. I fucking know that, and i have lots of things to learn but i do not need to learn civic lessons from anybody.

If you are a brazilian, an american, if you live in europe or asia / australia, and you're a GNR fan, you'll never understand what some of the argentine GNR fans that attended yesterday's show felt there. 17 fucking long years waiting to see the band, and some assholes that dont even know who Axl Rose is were trying to ruin that ONLY and ONE date to make your dream come true. I am a human being, and opposite as you, I do not pretend im perfect: i feel hatred. I just hate these persons. Its not a matter of skin colours, religion, sex orientation: i hate [insert word here]. They tried to ruin it all for us, but they failed.

And you see ME speaking here, who was lucky enough to see two other nice shows, that occured with no problems. But there are THOUSANDS of fans who only were able to see the Buenos Aires show, and now they feel like if they were raped by these persons. I friend of mine was robbed (a very expensive cellphone), some others got their wallet robbed, and one motherfucker also hit a 20 years old girl who dreamed all her life this show, and because of the hit, she was pulled out from near the stage to see the whole show by the videowall, 60 meters away from the stage. Do you think this is fair, Mr. Civics? How would you call the guy who hit her and spoiled her dream? How would you fucking qualify the guy who steals a wallet, a cellphone, or the two times these guys tried to steal my wallet? And these people, some of them who had to travel like 800 km just to change the ticket (due to the change of venue), and then come back to their cities, and then 800 km to the stadium, and then 800 km back home... how do you think they feel? You think its funny to see how some motherfuckers ruin your dream? They are all expressing their anger in spanish speaking forums. I manage to speak some english, that's why im here, but trust me im not the only one with hatred flowing in the veins, and that, as i said, the immense majority of them COULDNT attend two toher shows like i did. They hatred is even bigger than mine.

I know Adz will erase this post, but who fucking cares.

The good thing is Guns N' Roses is the best fucking sounding band in earth, and that Axl Rose is the biggest and last true rockstar of this era. Long live to Guns N' Roses  beer
« Last Edit: March 24, 2010, 05:19:52 AM by estebanf » Logged

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: