Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 12:31:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227981 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  "Slash" album charting
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Slash" album charting  (Read 61088 times)
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #180 on: April 16, 2010, 07:04:40 PM »

Does Gold in Canada equal 500,000 copies?   Or did he sell 500,000 copies world wide?

The Gold certification is from Canada only. So I guessing it would be canadian sales only. As far as totals it does not say. 

edit

After doing some research I found out that Gold in Canada is 50,000 units

So between Canada and the US alone he is at 110,000 copies... He probably equaled that in the rest of the world... So Slash has probably sold 220,000 - 250,000 copies world wide. 
sleeper
Rocker

« Reply #181 on: April 16, 2010, 07:14:19 PM »

From Slash's twitter

I have to again say thanks for the warm reception to my record. I never imagined it would come out this strong,... http://bit.ly/9A2YNH
about 6 hours ago via Facebook

BUMP

Slash is surprised and pleased
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #182 on: April 16, 2010, 08:41:27 PM »

Does Gold in Canada equal 500,000 copies?   Or did he sell 500,000 copies world wide?

The Gold certification is from Canada only. So I guessing it would be canadian sales only. As far as totals it does not say. 

edit

After doing some research I found out that Gold in Canada is 50,000 units

40,000 units for gold in Canada it was changed in 2008. http://www.cria.ca/cert.php
demo23nz
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #183 on: April 17, 2010, 12:16:07 AM »

That would be the name of Slash's publishing company. A lot of musicians set up their own publishing company's with joke names. Wink

The Soundgarden guys had the best... 'You make me sick I make music' and 'In one ear and out your mother'.
Jdog0830
Legend

Rocking and Rolling because I am young and free!!!

« Reply #184 on: April 19, 2010, 02:13:29 PM »

From Slash's twitter

I have to again say thanks for the warm reception to my record. I never imagined it would come out this strong,... http://bit.ly/9A2YNH
about 6 hours ago via Facebook

BUMP

Slash is surprised and pleased
Why is he supprised hell he is one of the most reconizable figures in Rock N' Roll today.
I mean who is not going to know the guy with the kick ass top hat???!!!

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=59678.0

Just keep on moving on don't turn around or you'll lose it all
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #185 on: April 19, 2010, 05:07:51 PM »

Snakepit's Ain't Life Grand didn't even chart on the Billboard 200, so I think even he was not totally sure how it would do

libertad
audjon
Rocker

It's a bit cold here...

« Reply #186 on: April 20, 2010, 04:34:22 AM »

NOW IN: 36.20%

3 38 SLASH DIK HAYD/EMI 3,899 SLASH

Gle?i, gle?i, gle?i
Au?j?n
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #187 on: April 20, 2010, 04:58:48 AM »

yeah not sure what the numbers will be this week.  IF it is still in the Top 20 I would be absolutely shocked.  It did what it had to though, debuted in the Top 5!! So that is an accomplishment in itself.  It will probably take a HUGE sales dive this week like every other hard rock record does that isnt released by Metallica.
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #188 on: April 20, 2010, 05:01:55 AM »

yeah not sure what the numbers will be this week.  IF it is still in the Top 20 I would be absolutely shocked.  It did what it had to though, debuted in the Top 5!! So that is an accomplishment in itself.  It will probably take a HUGE sales dive this week like every other hard rock record does that isnt released by Metallica.

He needs to try and get that video out ASAP, hopefully followed by a second single.  (prefarbly the Fergie one)

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #189 on: April 20, 2010, 04:17:58 PM »

"Slash" is currently at #38 with 3,899 sold with 36% reported.

30   36   GORILLAZ   VIRGIN/EMI   4,177 PLASTIC BEACH
41   37   YOUNG MONEY   CASH MONEY/UNIV MOTOWN   3,900 WE ARE YOUNG MONEY
3   38   SLASH   DIK HAYD/EMI   3,899 SLASH
39   39   JASON DERULO   BELUGA HGTS/WARNER BROS.   3,592 JASON DERULO
49   40   GARY ALLAN   MCA NASHVILLE   3,586 GET OFF ON THE PAIN
34   41   SUSAN BOYLE   COLUMBIA   3,550 I DREAMED A DREAM

Hits Daily Double

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
audjon
Rocker

It's a bit cold here...

« Reply #190 on: April 20, 2010, 06:16:01 PM »

NOW IN: FINAL

3 17 SLASH DIK HAYD/EMI 20,993 -66%

Gle?i, gle?i, gle?i
Au?j?n
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #191 on: April 20, 2010, 06:31:01 PM »

NOW IN: FINAL

3 17 SLASH DIK HAYD/EMI 20,993 -66%

That's the largest negative percentage change by far (the next is -34%) in the top 50.  Undecided

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #192 on: April 20, 2010, 07:52:23 PM »

81k in 2 weeks isn't too bad though

wait till the Fergie single drops.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Trist805
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #193 on: April 20, 2010, 07:55:53 PM »

Yea that's not too bad.  I'm sure a lot of bands would love to sell 21,000 copies at all, let alone in their second week.     
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #194 on: April 20, 2010, 08:41:12 PM »

I am absolutely shocked it's sold 81k domestically so far, especially for a DIY effort.

That said, I really don't see it having any legs - Fergie single or not.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #195 on: April 20, 2010, 08:58:27 PM »

I am absolutely shocked it's sold 81k domestically so far, especially for a DIY effort.

Very true.  It wont have legs, it over performed for a solo record.  It did what it was supposed to do, its a very good record, and sold reasonably well for an indie record.
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #196 on: April 20, 2010, 09:03:47 PM »

It will sell maybe a few more units during the tour.
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #197 on: April 20, 2010, 09:13:21 PM »

I agree, and I think that is partly due to the album itself.  What I mean is that people who like the Fergie will track will likely only buy that track as it is not at all representative of the album as a whole, for better or for worse.

The success of any single from here on in will in my estimation only serve to sell those individual singles as downloads rather than the album as whole because the album is fairly diverse.

Ali
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #198 on: April 20, 2010, 09:47:15 PM »

The success of any single from here on in will in my estimation only serve to sell those individual singles as downloads rather than the album as whole because the album is fairly diverse.
I don't think you're giving the "listening public" enough credit.  Most people don't listen to just one type of music.  Isn't the whole idea behind being "diverse" is to show the fans, who might put you as an artist into a "box," that you're more than one-dimensional?

That being said, IMO, album sales charting is very much an inexact science not only because of the whole downloading thing but also the timing of the release.  Like in this case, there really wasn't any "competition" releases in that week so there's really nothing to compare the sales to.   

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #199 on: April 20, 2010, 10:04:02 PM »

I don't think you're giving the "listening public" enough credit.  Most people don't listen to just one type of music.  Isn't the whole idea behind being "diverse" is to show the fans, who might put you as an artist into a "box," that you're more than one-dimensional?

That being said, IMO, album sales charting is very much an inexact science not only because of the whole downloading thing but also the timing of the release.  Like in this case, there really wasn't any "competition" releases in that week so there's really nothing to compare the sales to.   

I understand what you're saying, but I think you're underestimating the consequences of making songs available for individual purchase.  Before the iTunes/Amazon/Online music world, people would be forced to buy the whole album for one song.  That is no longer the case.  No, people will preview songs or listen to them on YouTube and decide which songs they like and which they don't and purchase accordingly.  People just don't purchase whole albums like they used to.  This is a factor in why CD sales are down in recent years.

The album is diverse, and I don't think that is a bad thing.  However, in this era of individual songs being available for download, I think that may work against sales of the album as a whole, not work for it.

Ali
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: