Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 01:52:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  LOST: The Final Season
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: LOST: The Final Season  (Read 21491 times)
Annie
« Reply #60 on: May 24, 2010, 08:45:43 AM »

Personally I thought the finale SUCKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want the 4.5 hours of my life back that I wasted watching it yesterday. WTF happened? I don't get it. somebody please enlighten me. The only part I liked was Ian Somerholder who was Boone who actually seemed more like his character Damon from Vampire Diaries laughing at us that he was really a vampire with immortality. I liked the commercials of people's final transmissions, particuarly the one comparing trekkies to losties. hihi
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #61 on: May 24, 2010, 02:40:32 PM »

SPOILER ALERT!!!

Well, I don't know, I just watched. The very ending was more like the end of the final season than the end of a story (I mean, they wanted to bring a kinda happy ending in some way).

I liked how Hurley stayed in the island as the new jacob, tho. That and how Jack died. But still, what made me more curious about the show was the mistery elements of the island, like the Dharma thing - and that is still uncleared. I heard they will give some answers in the DVD/Blu-ray of the last episodes, so let's wait a bit more.

Overall, I'm glad I can use the Twitter again without having a flood of spoilers, haha. hihi

Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #62 on: May 24, 2010, 02:44:08 PM »

BTW, Bumblefoot posted something about Lost's end:

On Monday 24th May 2010, @bumblefoot said:

Re: Lost Finale

It was a beautiful show that touched every part of the viewer's brain, heart and spirit, a show that the deeper you watched, the more you appreciated. There were so many opportunities for the finale to give purpose to all the numerology, theoretical science, religious & mythological characterizations, philosophy & physics they pointed toward throughout the show, and I wish we were given more closure. Or is the point that there is no closure, closure is a need to control, that all these things exist in a reality beyond our material world, infinite beyond our comprehension, there is no 'here' and 'now', and evolving past the need to control is how we can accept the next greater existence and move on...? Unfortunately, I'm not there yet - I'm still a half-beast living in the physical realm, underdeveloped, imperfect, a work-in-progress, hungry for gratification from my TV, here and now. That means I may have to treat the Lost finale like it was a horoscope, where you apply it to your own life & interests in order to be satisfied with it. Was a very emotional finale, all the couples reunited, absolutely moved by it. I LOVED it. But it was also frustrating, where you can sum up what happened in 6 seasons in 2 words, 'they [ ]'. (Won't say it in case anyone didn't watch it yet.) My 'feeling thumb' is up, my 'thinking thumb' is down, only because we're still left with a lot of 'why this?' and 'why that?'. This was comparable to the 'Mash' finale, heart-felt, huge - but the unanswered questions can reduce the impact to a 'St. Elsewhere' "It was all just a [ ]" Would love to hear from the writers about some of the rides we were taken on over 6 seasons, that now seem like dead ends in a maze. Or is that the point?? Everyone I know who died or almost died, self included, experienced the whole 'Price Is Right pick a door, door #3 means you're dead' thing, dead ends in a maze... We certainly got to know the depth of the characters, that's how we fell in love with show - but this HAS to be more than a 30-minute Twilight Zone episode stretched into 6 years of character development, we need more answers! Please...!!! Smiley Polarized thoughts about the finale aside, this will always be one of the most compelling shows ever to hit TV, exceptional writing, filming, acting. Thank you for an unforgettable show...!

Annie
« Reply #63 on: May 24, 2010, 03:55:21 PM »

I really wanted to feel the way that Bumblefoot does, but I just don't. I did always suck at physics. Somebody please explain the side flashes to me? Did they really happen or were they part of purgatory? Did Lapidus and crew make it back to civilization? How long was Hurley the new Jacob? What is the island a metaphor for? Why was Desmond the one bringing people together? I guess I just like things tied up in a neat little bow. I did really like the show as a whole, and I really cared about the characters.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 03:56:54 PM by Little EMO Annie » Logged
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #64 on: May 24, 2010, 04:33:34 PM »

Somebody please explain the side flashes to me? Did they really happen or were they part of purgatory?
They really happen - untill this final season.

Did Lapidus and crew make it back to civilization?
Guess so.

How long was Hurley the new Jacob?
I dunno, does it really matter?

What is the island a metaphor for?
For inner demons and for people searching for salvation?

Why was Desmond the one bringing people together?
Because he was the first to realise they were all dead in this purgatory thing, I guess.

C0ma
Legend

« Reply #65 on: May 24, 2010, 04:47:43 PM »

One thing that I think we are going to start seeing are 'authorized' serial novels based on the mythology of Lost. Similar to all of the Star Wars books that get into the back stories of Boba Fett (etc...). It would be interesting to get an idea of what came of Hurley and Ben on the Island after Jack passed, and what filled the 2500 year gap between Jacob being born and flight 815 crashing.

C0ma
Legend

« Reply #66 on: May 24, 2010, 04:55:26 PM »

(One unsolved aspect of the finale that annoys me is Richard: How can Richard get on the plane at the end and fly back to society? The dude's 200 years old. Will he continue to live forever? He had a gray hair in this episode, a sign he may finally be aging. Now that Jacob's dead, and especially now that Richard left the island, what happens to him? I was half expecting them to just show him crumple to dust like a mummy once they left the island.)

Richard, Jack, and Locke/Smoke Monster/MIB lost their immortality when Desmond lifted the plug out of the hot tub (for lack of a better description) he then got a grey hair and decided he wanted to live out the remained of his 'natural' life. So at that point he picked up where he left off 200 years ago with (I'm assuming with a bit of a technological disadvantage)...

The one thing I can't seem to remember was did Richard leave the Island to recruit people like Juliet?.. I'm going to start watching it from the begining again, but that is one of the things that become fuzzy for me in the mid seasons.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 05:03:21 PM by C0ma » Logged
gilee7
VIP

'09 & '14 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champion

« Reply #67 on: May 24, 2010, 05:40:31 PM »

(One unsolved aspect of the finale that annoys me is Richard: How can Richard get on the plane at the end and fly back to society? The dude's 200 years old. Will he continue to live forever? He had a gray hair in this episode, a sign he may finally be aging. Now that Jacob's dead, and especially now that Richard left the island, what happens to him? I was half expecting them to just show him crumple to dust like a mummy once they left the island.)

Richard, Jack, and Locke/Smoke Monster/MIB lost their immortality when Desmond lifted the plug out of the hot tub (for lack of a better description) he then got a grey hair and decided he wanted to live out the remained of his 'natural' life. So at that point he picked up where he left off 200 years ago with (I'm assuming with a bit of a technological disadvantage)...

The one thing I can't seem to remember was did Richard leave the Island to recruit people like Juliet?.. I'm going to start watching it from the begining again, but that is one of the things that become fuzzy for me in the mid seasons.

I forgot all about that. I definitely remember Richard coming to see Locke when he was a little kid, so I guess Richard had left the island before. Still, now that we know this guy is as old as he is, it seems odd that he would even want to return to the real world, or that he could function in it. Last night when Richard was in the plane, I was thinking, you know, even with all the magical things he has seen on the island, just seeing our advancements in technology, just seeing this plane, probably still blows his mind.

The more I think about last night's finale, and the last few seasons as a whole, the more I'm disappointed. The creators claim they've known what was going to happen all along, but you know that's complete bullshit. They probably had a vague idea of what would happen overall, as far as the big picture is concerned, but when you look back on it now, there are so many things that happened in the series that were never resolved, things that seemed important at one time and were then just tossed aside. Everything involving Widmore comes to mind. It's like Bumblefoot said, "dead ends in a maze."

I feel like the creators were too sympathetic toward their own characters and were afraid to give them anything but a happy ending. Jack fulfills his purpose, saves the world, and dies, and I thoroughly enjoyed his journey. But all the purgatory crap feels like a cop-out. Locke died a very pitiful death a couple seasons ago, so now we get to see Jack fix him and give him his legs back. Charlie is reunited with Claire. Jack has a son. Juliet and Sawyer find each other. Hurley's lucky. Blah, blah blah. It's unnecessary and pointless, imo. I don't care what happens to them after they die. I only care about what they did while they were alive.

Here Today . . .
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #68 on: May 25, 2010, 04:20:07 AM »

I really liked the finale and i hardly ever watched the series before lol.

im just reading all the comments on the Internet and i think it proves a lot about humans.  We all want the answers to everything when in reality, thats impossible.

The island was real.  Some got off it, some died on it.  I take it the other world was some form of purgatory...

I didnt really "get it" but it seems they all moved on in the end.  Glad i didn't watch the whole thing though!

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #69 on: May 25, 2010, 07:18:12 AM »

For those who didnt get all of it, you should read this recap
http://darkufo.blogspot.com/2010/05/all-roads-lead-here-end-recap-by.html

i LOVED the ending and it also made me very very sad. for once because we saw jack dying which was just heartbreaking, second because LOST is finally over and i find myself kind of lost now.

i also loved the sideways thing.
one of the most moving scenes of the finale was the one with ben and locke outside the church. when ben apologized to locke for what he did to him, that was just phenomenal

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #70 on: May 25, 2010, 07:54:04 AM »

interesting, what one of the writers of the show has to say about it, especially the sideways part is interesting

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/index.php?showtopic=102576&st=1020&p=1867089&#entry1867089

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #71 on: May 25, 2010, 11:48:17 AM »

I think i am one of the few people who never watched one single nano second of this.

reading about the finale.. kinda glad i didn't invest time into it.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #72 on: May 25, 2010, 12:11:31 PM »

I think i am one of the few people who never watched one single nano second of this.

reading about the finale.. kinda glad i didn't invest time into it.
I'm with you D.  And I couldn't be happier that the show is over so I don't have to listen to my friends talk about the show incessantly and over analyze every single second of it at parties.  At least in a couple weeks.  I'm sure they'll have to let some steam off about the finale first.  It had to be the MOST talked about show ever, in my experience.  I talk about the shows I watch, don't get me wrong.  But the conversations last a couple of minutes, not hours.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #73 on: May 25, 2010, 12:21:03 PM »

Most TV shows only require a couple of minutes discussion. Lost is a rarity for television... a show that touches on various intellectual, philosophical and spiritual themes that doesn't talk down to its audience and refuses to spoon-feed people every last detail. Makes discussions a lot more interesting, and a lot longer. It will be missed. Haven't felt such loss after the end of a TV show since The X-Files.

EDIT:

In regards to people's opinions of the finale, think of it like this...

From the writer's point of view. They are like the Axl Rose of television writers. They told their story, the way they wanted to tell it, without giving in to fan pressure. They knew from the outset that no matter what they did it was going to polarise people, so all they could do was do what they wanted to do and hope for the best. This makes Lost the most rock n' roll show in the world. Wink

And from a fan's point of view. The entire premise of the show was that we were following the adventures of the characters, and what made it interesting was that we knew as little as they did. So every big revelation, we found out at the same time as them. At times there were characters like Ben, who seemed like they knew more than us, but it was later revealed that they were just as oblivious as us. The point? The moment that we started to know more about what was going on than the characters is the moment the show ceases to be interesting, and it would be a real shame for the show to cease to be interesting in the last hour or so. And quite frankly, there was so much in the background that the characters were never going to be able to get to the bottom of no matter how long they had, that not only do I expect some of the mystery's to go unanswered, I welcome it. This way, you get to make up your own version of events, thus keeping those discussions that non-fans find so irritating going. Wink

And that's despite the fact that a lot of things people were demanding answers for were either not mysteries in the first place, or already answered when people obviously weren't paying attention.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 01:12:36 PM by AxlReznor » Logged
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #74 on: May 25, 2010, 01:32:12 PM »

interesting, what one of the writers of the show has to say about it, especially the sideways part is interesting

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/index.php?showtopic=102576&st=1020&p=1867089&#entry1867089
That was an awesome read. Thanks!

CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #75 on: May 25, 2010, 01:37:03 PM »

I liked the finale a lot, it could have been better.. but it could also have been as bad as some people make it out to be Tongue
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #76 on: May 25, 2010, 01:38:38 PM »

Julliet did invited James again for a coffee. Grin

C0ma
Legend

« Reply #77 on: May 25, 2010, 04:25:32 PM »

I agree... the only thing that bothers me is his description of how the final scene was written right after the pilot and nothing changed about it... If so why was Julliet there... Ben was there first and played a bigger role and they had to write him out?

Otherwise I loved the write up.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #78 on: May 25, 2010, 04:28:52 PM »

I agree... the only thing that bothers me is his description of how the final scene was written right after the pilot and nothing changed about it... If so why was Julliet there... Ben was there first and played a bigger role and they had to write him out?

no, ben was originally meant to only be in 3 episodes or something like that so they didn't write him out, they kinda wrote him in by having the scene where he said he's sorry to locke, it was probably meant all along that juliet and sawyer would fall in love
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #79 on: May 25, 2010, 05:06:58 PM »

no, ben was originally meant to only be in 3 episodes or something like that so they didn't write him out, they kinda wrote him in by having the scene where he said he's sorry to locke, it was probably meant all along that juliet and sawyer would fall in love

That would mean that durring the pilot they new about the season 5 1974 timeline where they fell in love (when the all but admitted that everything between the pilot and the last ten minutes was made up on the fly).

Not a huge sticking point for me, because I enjoyed the episode, but just a funny hole in the story.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: