Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 06:48:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  [updated!] iPhone OS 4.0 released - multitasking, iAds and more!
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: [updated!] iPhone OS 4.0 released - multitasking, iAds and more!  (Read 9756 times)
slash1213
Rocker

GNR42

« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2010, 06:11:10 PM »

I jailbroke mine, and installed Backgrounder, Its almost like multitasking.. Jailbreaking rules,  smoking

11-30-1992 Bogota, Colombia
05-14-2006 New York, NY
10-24-2006 Sunrise, FL
10-27-2006 Estero, FL
11-10-2006 New York, NY
10-29-2011 Miami, FL
12-31-2011 Las Vegas
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2010, 03:26:46 PM »

It was released a couple of hours ago. Pretty good, I'm still figuring it out. The folders thing is really useful. Smiley

badapple81
« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2010, 11:07:33 PM »

I find the latest Facebook update for OS4 is really buggy.

When I exit an app using the traditional way of pressing the front button, it now of course minimises. I'm finding all these apps not properly closed is really slowing down my iphone. I then have to double click the front button and close all the apps. Unless I'm a no0b and missing something Cheesy I have a 3GS.
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2010, 11:07:41 AM »

Yeah the Facebook app is in need of a fix...it's not updating itself unless you click it to and it won't show friend requests and such.  So far I am loving my Iphone 4 though.  I haven't had any issues with reception or dropped calls.  The screen is absolutely beautiful. 

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2010, 06:44:39 PM »

I find the latest Facebook update for OS4 is really buggy.

When I exit an app using the traditional way of pressing the front button, it now of course minimises. I'm finding all these apps not properly closed is really slowing down my iphone. I then have to double click the front button and close all the apps. Unless I'm a no0b and missing something Cheesy I have a 3GS.
As far as I know, the apps arent really working like in a PC. Its all on hold, so it shouldnt use any more memory from the device. Unless you have all those softwares with push notifications open - and even that Im not sure if it affects.

I have a 3GS too and I didnt notice any change on performance. From what I can tell, its more of a cache of history of opened apps.

Maybe its a matter of buggy apps? Like the Facebook one, I find the Twitter with some "bad gateway" issues on Wi-Fi and it needs some tries to refresh the timeline.

Some games also suffered. My Table Tennis (ping pong) needs to wait a little before starting to play or else it shuts down.
Yeah the Facebook app is in need of a fix...it's not updating itself unless you click it to and it won't show friend requests and such.  So far I am loving my Iphone 4 though.  I haven't had any issues with reception or dropped calls.  The screen is absolutely beautiful. 
Thats cool man. Tell me something: does it runs HD video on YouTube? I know it records 720p, but I dunno about the YouTube app..

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2010, 07:40:15 PM »

Does the texting ever get easier on an Iphone?

On my Pantech Impact, or my Blackberry previously, I can literally send a 140 character txt in less than 60 seconds

on an Iphone, it takes me forever!

I seriously considered getting an Iphone, but I send probably 3 thousand texts a month, and the Iphone made me want to beat myself over the head.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2010, 08:13:14 PM »

You can get used to it, but it will never as good as a BlackBerry or some side-keyboard device like the Motorola Droid.

CrucialFate
Opening Act

« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2010, 04:46:33 PM »

I actually can't text on a Blackberry if my life depended on it. On the other hand, I text on my iPhone 3GS no problem. Still waiting for iPhone 4 in Canada. Love OS4 though.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2010, 06:30:08 PM »

Quick Tip: Opt Out of iAd Data Collection

http://theappleblog.com/2010/07/08/quick-tip-opt-out-of-iad-data-collection/

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2010, 07:27:14 PM »

Damn, nice tip, thanks a lot. Kinda alarming how this is not being really well spread, specially with the new iPhone 4 just released.

Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: