Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 03:03:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227826 Posts in 43249 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Slash was thinking of asking Axl to be on solo record
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash was thinking of asking Axl to be on solo record  (Read 30277 times)
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« on: April 21, 2010, 10:52:42 AM »

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/showbiz/celebrity-interviews/2010/04/21/guns-n-roses-legend-slash-i-ve-always-been-focused-about-my-music-it-s-the-down-time-that-s-the-problem-86908-22200908/

Incredibly, Slash reveals he considered even more controversial singers - his old enemy Axl Rose and king of pop Michael Jackson.

"Axl did cross my mind a couple times. Another one was Michael Jackson. I'm not sure if he might have done it because dealing with Michael is so complicated. So I just never pursued the idea.

"Then I was in the studio and I got that phone call that he was in a hospital. He wasn't even dead yet.

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
Ashba Rocks
Headliner

All things are possible, I am unstopable

« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2010, 01:18:45 PM »

I think we know exactly the answer axl would of gave lol

"No one can make you, do what they want to"
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2010, 01:34:57 PM »

I wonder why he would make that comment -- he probably has a better chance of still getting Michael Jackson.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
WTTJ_91
Rocker

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2010, 01:38:14 PM »

I wonder why he would make that comment -- he probably has a better chance of still getting Michael Jackson.

hahah that's so wrong but true...
Jdog0830
Legend

Rocking and Rolling because I am young and free!!!

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2010, 01:52:49 PM »

I think its a intersting comment but he never would be able to make it a reality.

Joe

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=59678.0

Just keep on moving on don't turn around or you'll lose it all
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2010, 01:57:23 PM »

Slash just said that Axl crossed his mind when pondering singers for his album, which is only natural.  I think people are misreading that as a serious contemplation of actually asking Axl to do it, which I seriously doubt Slash is naive enough to do.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2010, 12:44:21 AM by Bridge » Logged
Jdog0830
Legend

Rocking and Rolling because I am young and free!!!

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2010, 02:12:10 PM »

Bridge you got it right!

+1

Joe

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=59678.0

Just keep on moving on don't turn around or you'll lose it all
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2010, 03:24:56 PM »

Bridge has it right, case closed.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Pine Barrens
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2010, 06:48:51 PM »

Funny, I have caught myself imagining what By the Sword would've been like with Axl on vox. No offense to Stockdale who fucking elevates that song to new heights with his vox.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2010, 07:32:23 PM »

He just said that Axl crossed his mind when pondering singers for his album, which is only natural.  I think people are misreading that as a serious contemplation of actually asking Axl to do it, which I seriously doubt he is naive enough to do.

Do I really think Slash would "reach out" to Axl about singing on his album, no.  And without knowing exactly what question he was asked, but it does say...

Slash reveals he considered even more controversial singers - his old enemy Axl Rose

"Axl did cross my mind a couple times. Another one was Michael Jackson. I'm not sure if he might have done it because dealing with Michael is so complicated.

And this is not the first time he has mentioned Axl when talking about singers on his album.

Bridge
Legend

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2010, 12:39:12 AM »

Do I really think Slash would "reach out" to Axl about singing on his album, no.  And without knowing exactly what question he was asked, but it does say...

Slash reveals he considered even more controversial singers - his old enemy Axl Rose

"Axl did cross my mind a couple times."

Pay close attention to who is speaking here...   It is the WRITER who says that Slash "considered" Axl.  Slash HIMSELF only says that Axl crossed his mind.  Another classic example of a writer misinterpreting what someone says, then printing it, only for fans to misinterpret it even further.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2010, 12:42:40 AM by Bridge » Logged
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2010, 01:04:02 AM »

"Axl did cross my mind a couple times."

Pay close attention to who is speaking here...   It is the WRITER who says that Slash "considered" Axl.  Slash HIMSELF only says that Axl crossed his mind.  Another classic example of a writer misinterpreting what someone says, then printing it, only for fans to misinterpret it even further.

Pay close attention to what I posted...I said, without knowing what question Slash was asked, it's hard to interpret his answer.  Yes, the WRITER says "considered" but what if Slash was asked "did you consider Axl for the album."  Wink

Bridge
Legend

« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2010, 01:36:33 AM »

Pay close attention to what I posted...I said, without knowing what question Slash was asked, it's hard to interpret his answer.  Yes, the WRITER says "considered" but what if Slash was asked "did you consider Axl for the album."

Yeah, I gotcha chief.  But having enough experience with these kinds of things, I'd wager that the writer is being deceptive.  Usually, the writer asks a very vague question and then misconstrues the answer.

And if the writer DID ask Slash directly about considering Axl, I suspect Slash would've shot the question down more directly.  Slash's vague answer ("Axl crossed my mind") is very indicative of a vague question.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2010, 02:22:43 AM »

And if the writer DID ask Slash directly about considering Axl, I suspect Slash would've shot the question down more directly.  Slash's vague answer ("Axl crossed my mind") is very indicative of a vague question.

He has already commented in another interview about how he thinks Axl would sound singing on his album.

jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2010, 03:01:59 AM »

He has already commented in another interview about how he thinks Axl would sound singing on his album.

Really, you got a link?  id be interested in reading that.

TBH, these days you don't even need to be in the same country to record a song lol.  And Slash doesn't seem to have a huge problem with Axl so it wouldn't be too surprising to me that he considered Axl.

But Axl wouldnt do it cos he hates Slash and the album would of been huge had Axl and Slash collaborated

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
gcluskey
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2010, 08:21:05 AM »

Axl crosses my mind everytime I listen to VR and of course when listening to this album. I just think how the songs would sound with Axl on vocals and lyrics. Awesome!!

With your piss flaps flappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nuthin' done...
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2010, 09:50:32 AM »

Really, you got a link?  id be interested in reading that.

I posted it a while ago, it's just a short comment where he said something about when making the record he thought about how great Axl would sound on some of the songs, it's here somewhere.

Bridge
Legend

« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2010, 01:23:27 PM »

And?  That's just a rewording of the "Axl crossed my mind a couple times" statement.  So he thinks about Axl singing for him.  So what.  Like I said before, that's only natural, given the long professional relationship that they had together.  But the article (and the title of this thread) misleads people to believe that Slash actually seriously considered Axl to sing, something which is highly improbable.
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2010, 02:14:43 PM »

And?  That's just a rewording of the "Axl crossed my mind a couple times" statement.  So he thinks about Axl singing for him.  So what.  Like I said before, that's only natural, given the long professional relationship that they had together.  But the article (and the title of this thread) misleads people to believe that Slash actually seriously considered Axl to sing, something which is highly improbable.

Really? Considering slash has tried to get back in Guns in recent years and even went to Axl's house, I think it's highly probably that he was considering it.
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2010, 02:17:25 PM »

^I doubt Slash was serious about asking Axl to sing on the album, considering Axl called him a cancer not too long ago. I don't think I'd go to too much effort y'know?

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: