Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 12:33:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227825 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Slash was thinking of asking Axl to be on solo record
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash was thinking of asking Axl to be on solo record  (Read 30273 times)
WTTJ_91
Rocker

« Reply #40 on: April 23, 2010, 03:15:54 PM »

I'm fairly certain we are off topic at this point  ok
sleeper
Rocker

« Reply #41 on: April 23, 2010, 03:45:19 PM »

I believe Marc made that comment saying Slash would have fucked a snake to get Perla off of his back. Perla wanted the reunion. Here is the quote;

The last time Slash went there was because his wife made him. Just before he did that he called me for Axl's phone number and when I said that I couldn't do that he said I know I know and then I herd Perla saying things to him. He said that he was sorry for asking and I could tell in his voice that he was being pushed into it. Also at that time Perla hated Duff and Slash was not getting along with Scott and Duff that well and was doing heavy drugs and lots of them that should have killed him. He was living in hell. He also started a big law suit about not getting paid for things from GNR and was drunk at the time of the visit. He could have easily said bad things about some of the guys in VR to Beta. At that point he would have fucked a snake to talk with Axl and if nothing else just to get Perla off his back. She was the one who wanted the reunion at that time. But then the whole thing backfired on Slash when Axl called the press. It could have cost him loosing VR and then he would have nothing.

There you have it chinese blues.  Making up shit to disparage Slash.  I'm sure ol' Axhandle would be proud of you though.  Now if it's true that Rim Job learned to trash Slash in the according section and be absent from here, I'm sure you can too.  (I was wondering why Job was not around here bashing every single person who posted about Slash anymore!)

I guess you need to read that again, it clearly states that slash would have fucked a snake to get to talk to Axl about a reunion (doesn't matter if Perla was pushing him into it or not), he was still trying to get back in the band which is what I said.  ok

Read it again maybe it will become clear after this time!
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #42 on: April 23, 2010, 04:46:28 PM »

I dont think axl respects slash as a guitar player or as a person, axl has such a hate for him, which i can't comment on because i dont know whats happend for that hate to be there, only slash n axl will know, im a fan of both parties but it is a shame they can't do something together as they do inspire eachother

i think if slash emailed or whatever axl for a song on this album, axl wouldnt have replyed for "legal reasons" or whatever and rant on about it on tour lol

I still to this day cannot go more then a few days without listening to Chinese Democracy. Chinese Democracy is inspired work. Maybe you mean Slash inspired Axl to write the song "Sorry." Clearly though, Axl's inspiration comes from greater places then Slash.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #43 on: April 23, 2010, 04:51:07 PM »

I believe Marc made that comment saying Slash would have fucked a snake to get Perla off of his back. Perla wanted the reunion. Here is the quote;

The last time Slash went there was because his wife made him. Just before he did that he called me for Axl's phone number and when I said that I couldn't do that he said I know I know and then I herd Perla saying things to him. He said that he was sorry for asking and I could tell in his voice that he was being pushed into it. Also at that time Perla hated Duff and Slash was not getting along with Scott and Duff that well and was doing heavy drugs and lots of them that should have killed him. He was living in hell. He also started a big law suit about not getting paid for things from GNR and was drunk at the time of the visit. He could have easily said bad things about some of the guys in VR to Beta. At that point he would have fucked a snake to talk with Axl and if nothing else just to get Perla off his back. She was the one who wanted the reunion at that time. But then the whole thing backfired on Slash when Axl called the press. It could have cost him loosing VR and then he would have nothing.

There you have it chinese blues.  Making up shit to disparage Slash.  I'm sure ol' Axhandle would be proud of you though.  Now if it's true that Rim Job learned to trash Slash in the according section and be absent from here, I'm sure you can too.  (I was wondering why Job was not around here bashing every single person who posted about Slash anymore!)

I guess you need to read that again, it clearly states that slash would have fucked a snake to get to talk to Axl about a reunion (doesn't matter if Perla was pushing him into it or not), he was still trying to get back in the band which is what I said.  ok

Read it again maybe it will become clear after this time!

It's clear as day, slash would have done anything he could to get back in guns because that's what his wife wanted him to do. You slash fans really need to open your eyes.

No it DOES NOT clearly state that!  It says "talk with Axl".

Keep on huffing, CB!

Oh so he was just going to talk to Axl about what pants he wears then hey? 2 + 2 does not equal 3 you know.

Let me break it down into simpler terms so you can understand it:

Perla wants slash to rejoin Guns
Slash will do anything to get her off his back
Slash goes to Axl's house to try and get back in the band so Perla will leave him alone
Slash then LIES about even going there

How you guys couldn't figure that out on your own is very strange.
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #44 on: April 23, 2010, 09:44:02 PM »

Oh so he was just going to talk to Axl about what pants he wears then hey? 2 + 2 does not equal 3 you know.

No, in your mind, it equals negative integers.  It's already been documented that Slash went to Axl's house to attempt to resolve the legal issues between them, NOT to rejoin Guns N Roses.

Besides, given the situation, the word "Reunion" could very easily mean (and probably did mean) between Slash and Axl, meaning the two men sitting down and talking to one another, NOT being bandmates again.  YOU, chineseblues, are misreading it, and it's obvious that you will continue to do so until you are chineseblue in the face.

I still to this day cannot go more then a few days without listening to Chinese Democracy. Chinese Democracy is inspired work. Maybe you mean Slash inspired Axl to write the song "Sorry." Clearly though, Axl's inspiration comes from greater places then Slash.

It's cool that you like Axl's album, though I personally couldn't listen to the whole thing more than once, save two songs (the title track and "This I Love").  I do however agree that Axl is inspired by many other things than Slash or any of his former bandmates.  However, I don't think it's unreasonable to assume that Axl is indeed inspired by negative emotions resonating from that period of his life, since Axl writes everything out in song.  We know he correlated "November Rain" and "Estranged" to his bitter breakups with Stephanie and Erin, so it's not outlandish at all to suggest that at least SOME of what Axl wrote on Chinese Democracy could indeed be correlated to the bitter disintegration of his relationship with Slash, be it the song "Sorry" (which you acknowledged) or otherwise.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2010, 09:51:03 PM by Bridge » Logged
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #45 on: April 26, 2010, 03:10:43 AM »

Slash goes to Axl's house to try and get back in the band so Perla will leave him alone

Do you really believe that?  after 10 years or so, you think he went around to Axl's house to rejoin Guns  hihi
He went around for legal issues and probably to try and probably to try and mend his relationship with Axl.

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #46 on: April 26, 2010, 10:56:02 PM »

Really? Considering slash has tried to get back in Guns in recent years and even went to Axl's house, I think it's highly probably that he was considering it.

What kind of paint thinner are you huffing?  Slash has never tried to return to Guns N Roses.  He went to Axl's house to attempt to resolve the legal issues between them, not to rejoin the band.

You're believing slash's version of the events? hahahahahahahahaha you must be the one huffing paint thinners.....

I guess you believe Slash went around to Axl's house with the intention of dropping to his knees and begging Axl to take him back?
Most people know by now that, like Jim Bob, you only post in this section with your own agenda.  (To make Slash look bad).

Ahh of course that must be it! It couldn't be that slash own friend (Marc Canter) said that slash would have fucked a snake in 2005 to get back in Guns. No that couldn't be it at all, it must be that I'm just trying to make slash "look bad," like he hasn't done enough on his own to make himself look bad.  Roll Eyes

actually he would Canter said slash have fucked the snake to talk to axl; if nothing else, to get perla off his back

-if your gonna post inflammatory comments/quotes, at least quote it properly, rather than distort people's words to fit what you want them to say.  Otherwise, your no better then the media / press that axl hates so much.............at least we know where yor future lies rofl
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #47 on: April 27, 2010, 09:45:10 AM »

Really? Considering slash has tried to get back in Guns in recent years and even went to Axl's house, I think it's highly probably that he was considering it.

What kind of paint thinner are you huffing?  Slash has never tried to return to Guns N Roses.  He went to Axl's house to attempt to resolve the legal issues between them, not to rejoin the band.

You're believing slash's version of the events? hahahahahahahahaha you must be the one huffing paint thinners.....

I guess you believe Slash went around to Axl's house with the intention of dropping to his knees and begging Axl to take him back?
Most people know by now that, like Jim Bob, you only post in this section with your own agenda.  (To make Slash look bad).

Ahh of course that must be it! It couldn't be that slash own friend (Marc Canter) said that slash would have fucked a snake in 2005 to get back in Guns. No that couldn't be it at all, it must be that I'm just trying to make slash "look bad," like he hasn't done enough on his own to make himself look bad.  Roll Eyes

actually he would Canter said slash have fucked the snake to talk to axl; if nothing else, to get perla off his back

-if your gonna post inflammatory comments/quotes, at least quote it properly, rather than distort people's words to fit what you want them to say.  Otherwise, your no better then the media / press that axl hates so much.............at least we know where yor future lies rofl

Oh look the slash boys have come out to bash anyone who says anything bad about their hero yet again!
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #48 on: April 27, 2010, 11:02:29 AM »

Oh look the slash boys have come out to bash anyone who says anything bad about their hero yet again!

I really am starting to believe that Jim Bob just created a new account.  Why is it that being a fan of Slash's music has to equal to him being our hero?
Thats just fucking stupid.

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #49 on: April 27, 2010, 12:13:18 PM »

Wow, I am patently ASTOUNDED by the eloquence, logic, and sensibility found in this reply!  And so intimidated too!  PLEASE, oh PLEASE chineseblueballs, don't smite me again!  I am so humbled by the wisdom found in statements that contain the words "slash boys"!  You should've added a little  rofl to your posts, that way I would REALLY know you were high on the pedestal, looking down upon such a common, nickel and dime peon like myself!

So chineseblue, have you gotten that degree from Harvard yet, or do they first require you to graduate 3rd grade?
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #50 on: April 27, 2010, 01:15:54 PM »

Yep yep, you know you have showed their hero for what he is when all they can do is call you names and insult you're intelligence. Gotta love the slash boys.  Roll Eyes

When you guys finally open your eyes and see slash for who he really is, then we can continue this conversation. I have already proven what I originally said so I have nothing else to say.
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #51 on: April 27, 2010, 02:19:59 PM »

not really, just making a point that you totally took Canter's quote out of context in order to prove a point that you think to be true; rather than what Canter actually said

did I bash you or just summarize the facts and provide a bit of free career advise?
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #52 on: April 27, 2010, 02:22:21 PM »

Yep yep, you know you have showed their hero for what he is when all they can do is call you names and insult you're intelligence. Gotta love the slash boys.  Roll Eyes

When you guys finally open your eyes and see slash for who he really is, then we can continue this conversation. I have already proven what I originally said so I have nothing else to say.

the only thing you've proven is you can't read; but you can distort quotes just as well as Axl's favorite media/press outlets....

other than that, what points id you make?

all's slash is a guitarist

Jdog0830
Legend

Rocking and Rolling because I am young and free!!!

« Reply #53 on: April 27, 2010, 02:24:08 PM »

Do you really believe that?
When dealing with issues like this at times I dont know what to believe.

Joe

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=59678.0

Just keep on moving on don't turn around or you'll lose it all
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #54 on: April 27, 2010, 02:50:42 PM »

not really, just making a point that you totally took Canter's quote out of context in order to prove a point that you think to be true; rather than what Canter actually said

did I bash you or just summarize the facts and provide a bit of free career advise?

I never took Marc's quote out of context at all. As I originally said, Marc said slash would have fucked a snake to get to talk to Axl. The fact that Perla was pushing him into it doesn't change the fact that slash still went ahead and tried to talk to Axl. Something you people refuse to acknowledge.
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #55 on: April 27, 2010, 03:16:40 PM »

don't backtrack when your called out on something, especially when the proof is on the same page

the exact words were"Ahh of course that must be it! It couldn't be that slash own friend (Marc Canter) said that slash would have fucked a snake in 2005 to get back in Guns. No that couldn't be it at all, it must be that I'm just trying to make slash "look bad," like he hasn't done enough on his own to make himself look bad." 

not, as you claim"Marc said slash would have fucked a snake to get to talk to Axl. "

face it, you just as bad as the press/media axl loves too hate

do you even know what it means to take a quote out of context? b/c you seem to make a habit out of it yet seem unaware of it
« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 03:20:12 PM by oldgunsfan » Logged
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #56 on: April 27, 2010, 04:10:21 PM »

Why is it that being a fan of Slash's music has to equal to him being our hero?

Because it makes you seem like a bigger fan of him than you are. Cheesy

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #57 on: April 27, 2010, 04:16:18 PM »

don't backtrack when your called out on something, especially when the proof is on the same page

the exact words were"Ahh of course that must be it! It couldn't be that slash own friend (Marc Canter) said that slash would have fucked a snake in 2005 to get back in Guns. No that couldn't be it at all, it must be that I'm just trying to make slash "look bad," like he hasn't done enough on his own to make himself look bad." 

not, as you claim"Marc said slash would have fucked a snake to get to talk to Axl. "

do you even know what it means to take a quote out of context? b/c you seem to make a habit out of it yet seem unaware of it

And you don't think slash was trying to get back in Guns? Please, there is no reason why Perla would be after him to talk to Axl if it wasn't to get back in the band. She obviously don't care about lawsuits. Take your blinders off.
sleeper
Rocker

« Reply #58 on: April 27, 2010, 04:52:11 PM »

Someone that cannot read a direct quote and take it a face value is the one with blinders on. Or were you there? Or maybe you have a personal relationship with the people involved that you have not told us about. You seem to know what everyone was thinking at the time and can make all these judgements.
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #59 on: April 27, 2010, 05:27:46 PM »

And you don't think slash was trying to get back in Guns? Please, there is no reason why Perla would be after him to talk to Axl if it wasn't to get back in the band. She obviously don't care about lawsuits. Take your blinders off.

just because that's your interpration of why slash went over there; doesn't make it true

personally I could give a fuck why slash went over to axl's house as it has no bearing on my life whatesover
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: