Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 02:18:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227825 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Slash was thinking of asking Axl to be on solo record
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash was thinking of asking Axl to be on solo record  (Read 30276 times)
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #60 on: April 27, 2010, 07:43:57 PM »

Ufff.. Only..

Blah, Blah, Blah.. Interesing __ NOT.

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #61 on: April 28, 2010, 03:08:49 AM »

don't backtrack when your called out on something, especially when the proof is on the same page

the exact words were"Ahh of course that must be it! It couldn't be that slash own friend (Marc Canter) said that slash would have fucked a snake in 2005 to get back in Guns. No that couldn't be it at all, it must be that I'm just trying to make slash "look bad," like he hasn't done enough on his own to make himself look bad." 

not, as you claim"Marc said slash would have fucked a snake to get to talk to Axl. "

face it, you just as bad as the press/media axl loves too hate

do you even know what it means to take a quote out of context? b/c you seem to make a habit out of it yet seem unaware of it

And you don't think slash was trying to get back in Guns? Please, there is no reason why Perla would be after him to talk to Axl if it wasn't to get back in the band. She obviously don't care about lawsuits. Take your blinders off.

She might not care about lawsuits, but i bet she did care when the royalties stopped coming.  Hence, they went over to Axl's house to sort out some issues.  and probably to try and mend their friendship.

It would make Slash really stupid if he thought he could just go around to the house and instantly be back in GNR, wouldnt you agree?

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #62 on: April 28, 2010, 03:52:47 AM »

Well, he essentially accused Axl of stealing $100,000 in royalties from him.. I'm sure Axl could find that under a couch cushion if he really had to.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #63 on: April 28, 2010, 02:12:10 PM »

Well, he essentially accused Axl of stealing $100,000 in royalties from him.. I'm sure Axl could find that under a couch cushion if he really had to.

not quite, he stopped receiving royalty checks.....when you are in a situation like they were in, lawyers are the only way to go

not sure if you were ever expecting large sums of money at regular intervals and suddenly stopped receiving them but if I was in the same or a similar situation, you bet I'd have my lawyer banging on his door demanding payment

AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #64 on: April 28, 2010, 02:23:51 PM »

not quite, he stopped receiving royalty checks.....when you are in a situation like they were in, lawyers are the only way to go

not sure if you were ever expecting large sums of money at regular intervals and suddenly stopped receiving them but if I was in the same or a similar situation, you bet I'd have my lawyer banging on his door demanding payment

One would think the publishing company in charge of dispersing royalties would be the party best suited for Slash to sick his lawyers on, and not Axl.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #65 on: April 28, 2010, 02:41:56 PM »

Maybe if he wasn't higher than a kite on pills he would have realized it was ASCAP who made the mistake and it had nothing to do with Axl at all (which is why the lawsuit was dropped).
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #66 on: April 28, 2010, 03:11:51 PM »

One would think the publishing company in charge of dispersing royalties would be the party best suited for Slash to sick his lawyers on, and not Axl.

like I said, who really cares as it has no bearing on any of our lives - axl's a big boy, he can have his lawyers handle these things - but you can't say Axl is GNR and then when former members are not getting paid on work they wrote and played on - get all hot and bothered when they file suit to recover said money - it goes with the territory - $100K is nothing to sneeze at

« Last Edit: April 28, 2010, 03:46:04 PM by oldgunsfan » Logged
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #67 on: April 28, 2010, 04:16:12 PM »

like I said, who really cares as it has no bearing on any of our lives - axl's a big boy, he can have his lawyers handle these things - but you can't say Axl is GNR and then when former members are not getting paid on work they wrote and played on - get all hot and bothered when they file suit to recover said money - it goes with the territory - $100K is nothing to sneeze at

When the reason they are not getting their money has nothing to do with Axl then yes people can be bothered about the lawsuit or think its a shitty thing for them to do.
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #68 on: April 28, 2010, 07:20:19 PM »

like I said, who really cares

Well, evidently you do or you wouldn't have bothered to quote me.

When the reason they are not getting their money has nothing to do with Axl then yes people can be bothered about the lawsuit or think its a shitty thing for them to do.

Exactly. What oldgunsfan is desperately trying to do is establish a false dilemma:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_dilemma

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Jdog0830
Legend

Rocking and Rolling because I am young and free!!!

« Reply #69 on: April 30, 2010, 02:06:53 PM »

Why is it that being a fan of Slash's music has to equal to him being our hero?

Because it makes you seem like a bigger fan of him than you are. Cheesy
Yeah but dont forget he was part of GN'R and that is kinda a big reason we are all here hihi

Joe

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=59678.0

Just keep on moving on don't turn around or you'll lose it all
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #70 on: April 30, 2010, 08:16:25 PM »

Slash and Duff had to file a lawsuit to find out about said Royalties.. it isn't like they had any knowledge of ASCAP. didn't Axl change the publishing company or something?

People act like they were trying to bankrupt him. when a party refuses to speak to u, u have to go through attorneys to get info. it isn't like Slash had the capabilities to just call Axl up and say, Hey are u getting royalties? what's goin on?

so everyone stop acting like giant mother hen's like SLash was out to get Axl or something.

If i got 100k every quarter and all of a sudden it stopped for no reason, u are damned right i am going to do whatever it takes to find out what happened.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #71 on: April 30, 2010, 09:11:16 PM »

Slash and Duff had to file a lawsuit to find out about said Royalties.. it isn't like they had any knowledge of ASCAP. didn't Axl change the publishing company or something?

People act like they were trying to bankrupt him. when a party refuses to speak to u, u have to go through attorneys to get info. it isn't like Slash had the capabilities to just call Axl up and say, Hey are u getting royalties? what's goin on?

so everyone stop acting like giant mother hen's like SLash was out to get Axl or something.

If i got 100k every quarter and all of a sudden it stopped for no reason, u are damned right i am going to do whatever it takes to find out what happened.

Axl changed HIS publishing company not theirs.

They had to file a lawsuit against Axl to find out where their money is? Are you serious? They could have called up ASCAP and asked them why they were not getting royalties. Problem would have been solved with 1 sing phone call, but no they automatically assume it is Axl's fault and go after him.

You really need to take the blinders off for this one dude, that lawsuit was ridiculous and everyone knows it.
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #72 on: May 01, 2010, 05:32:45 AM »

Maybe Axl became a registered accountant, and we just don't know about it.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #73 on: May 01, 2010, 03:11:47 PM »

Point is, we don't know their mindsets, what they were told etc. couple that with their relationship with Axl, and maybe they just assumed the worst.

chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #74 on: May 01, 2010, 04:49:45 PM »

Point is, we don't know their mindsets, what they were told etc. couple that with their relationship with Axl, and maybe they just assumed the worst.

So your finally admitting they had no business suing Axl over this as it had nothing to do with him at all?
WTTJ_91
Rocker

« Reply #75 on: May 02, 2010, 01:42:31 AM »

Are we all sure 110% what he was suing for because according to the court information it was

"Intellectual Property - Copyrights" , which makes me think about the access to Guns master tracks and such that Slash isn't allowed to have.

For the record he sued Axl is 2005 about all of this and THEN in 2007 he sued Sanctuary Music ( with Duff ) for the same thing.

http://dockets.justia.com/docket/court-cacdce/case_no-2:2005cv06028/case_id-177159/

http://dockets.justia.com/docket/court-cacdce/case_no-2:2007cv04894/case_id-393220/
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #76 on: May 02, 2010, 07:16:21 PM »

So your finally admitting they had no business suing Axl over this as it had nothing to do with him at all?

no, im saying we don't know Slash's mindset or what he thought was going on.

to him, he probably didn't trust Axl and feared that since Axl owned the GNR name, maybe he thought Axl was trying to cut them out of their shares once the checks didn't arrive. did Axl not transfer the publishing to Sanctuary though without their knowledge or am i misremembering?

point is, say u and i are partners.. if i don't receive something etc, i can pick up the phone and call u and ask, "Hey, whats going on, i didn't receive my check, did u get yours and what is going on?"

with their situation, He doesn't have the option to call Axl cause they aren't speaking, so they communicate through attorneys.

so suing someone to all of us who grew up watching tv and movies etc is like this real evil terrible word, when in reality, it was a means to find out what was going on.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #77 on: May 02, 2010, 07:17:49 PM »

Are we all sure 110% what he was suing for because according to the court information it was

"Intellectual Property - Copyrights" , which makes me think about the access to Guns master tracks and such that Slash isn't allowed to have.

For the record he sued Axl is 2005 about all of this and THEN in 2007 he sued Sanctuary Music ( with Duff ) for the same thing.

http://dockets.justia.com/docket/court-cacdce/case_no-2:2005cv06028/case_id-177159/

http://dockets.justia.com/docket/court-cacdce/case_no-2:2007cv04894/case_id-393220/

I thought those lawsuits had to deal with Axl turning down lucrative offers from Movie soundtracks etc without the knowledge or approval of Duff and Slash?

chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #78 on: May 03, 2010, 09:48:14 AM »

to him, he probably didn't trust Axl and feared that since Axl owned the GNR name, maybe he thought Axl was trying to cut them out of their shares once the checks didn't arrive. did Axl not transfer the publishing to Sanctuary though without their knowledge or am i misremembering?

point is, say u and i are partners.. if i don't receive something etc, i can pick up the phone and call u and ask, "Hey, whats going on, i didn't receive my check, did u get yours and what is going on?"

with their situation, He doesn't have the option to call Axl cause they aren't speaking, so they communicate through attorneys.

so suing someone to all of us who grew up watching tv and movies etc is like this real evil terrible word, when in reality, it was a means to find out what was going on.

Again Axl only sold HIS portion of the publishing to Sanctuary, you should know this stuff D. Slash's mindset doesn't matter in this regard. He had no business suing Axl for something that had NOTHING to do with him in the first place. Like I said before, all he had to do was call ASCAP to find out where his money is not Axl.
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #79 on: May 03, 2010, 10:26:39 AM »

Again Axl only sold HIS portion of the publishing to Sanctuary, you should know this stuff D. Slash's mindset doesn't matter in this regard. He had no business suing Axl for something that had NOTHING to do with him in the first place. Like I said before, all he had to do was call ASCAP to find out where his money is not Axl.

We don't know the details of lawsuits. unless you have legal documents, probably best not to discuss them

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: