Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 05:20:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227824 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Slash was thinking of asking Axl to be on solo record
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash was thinking of asking Axl to be on solo record  (Read 30257 times)
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #80 on: May 03, 2010, 12:58:51 PM »

Point is, we don't know their mindsets, what they were told etc. couple that with their relationship with Axl, and maybe they just assumed the worst.

So your finally admitting they had no business suing Axl over this as it had nothing to do with him at all?

no, im saying we don't know Slash's mindset or what he thought was going on.

to him, he probably didn't trust Axl and feared that since Axl owned the GNR name, maybe he thought Axl was trying to cut them out of their shares once the checks didn't arrive. did Axl not transfer the publishing to Sanctuary though without their knowledge or am i misremembering?

point is, say u and i are partners.. if i don't receive something etc, i can pick up the phone and call u and ask, "Hey, whats going on, i didn't receive my check, did u get yours and what is going on?"

with their situation, He doesn't have the option to call Axl cause they aren't speaking, so they communicate through attorneys.

so suing someone to all of us who grew up watching tv and movies etc is like this real evil terrible word, when in reality, it was a means to find out what was going on.

Again Axl only sold HIS portion of the publishing to Sanctuary, you should know this stuff D. Slash's mindset doesn't matter in this regard. He had no business suing Axl for something that had NOTHING to do with him in the first place. Like I said before, all he had to do was call ASCAP to find out where his money is not Axl.

We don't know the details of lawsuits. unless you have legal documents, probably best not to discuss them

The documents were posted in the original thread discussing this lawsuit. Slash and Duff sued Axl because they claimed he was stealing their royalties when it was a clerical made by ASCAP. Those are FACTS, you cannot dispute them.
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #81 on: May 03, 2010, 01:14:23 PM »

To maintain systematic denial, we just better not discuss them hihi

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #82 on: May 03, 2010, 01:19:37 PM »

Im not saying they were right or wrong. Once they found out the truth they are wrong but my point is, they didn't know it was a clerical error, therefore they sued to find out what happened.

It isn't like they sued him for 100 million and all of his belongings. They sued to find out what was going on with the royalty situation.

U are judging it in hindsight which u can't do because u don't know what they were told in regards to the situation.

they heard Axl sold his shares but once they didn't receive theirs, maybe they thought all of it got sold?

people tend to expect the worst especially when it comes to money.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #83 on: May 03, 2010, 02:48:24 PM »

Again all of it would have been solved with a simple phone call to ASCAP. I know if I didn't get money owed to me I would sure as hell call the people who are responsible for sending me the money not file a lawsuit against someone who had nothing to do with it in the first place. Then again I'm not a junkie.....
WTTJ_91
Rocker

« Reply #84 on: May 03, 2010, 03:38:55 PM »

Again all of it would have been solved with a simple phone call to ASCAP. I know if I didn't get money owed to me I would sure as hell call the people who are responsible for sending me the money not file a lawsuit against someone who had nothing to do with it in the first place. Then again I'm not a junkie.....

Or where in Guns N Roses? Or know Axl Rose personally for years? or possibly lost millions of dollars?

A ) Slash gets money

B ) Axl switches the company

C ) Slash gets no money

D ) WTF

It's pretty obvious where the issue happened? and Axl couldn't be civil enough to have discussions so they sued and let their lawyers deal with it. Besides even if Axl took the money half the board would have some justification for it. In fact I've never seen someone has an issue with ANY choice Axl did. The braids and jersey? oh he's original and unique? His horrible voice pre '06 ; oh so what he's Axl Rose its GNR. Slash does GH SELL OUT , Axl does GTA ; cool career move.

EDIT : which is not to say that some Slash fans will do the SAME thing about all his career moves. Blind allegiance is really disturbing and quite frankly pathetic.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2010, 03:50:44 PM by WTTJ_91 » Logged
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #85 on: May 03, 2010, 03:48:04 PM »

Or where in Guns N Roses? Or know Axl Rose personally for years? or possibly lost millions of dollars?

A ) Slash gets money

C ) Slash gets no money

D ) WTF

It's pretty obvious where the issue happened? and Axl couldn't be civil enough to have discussions so they sued and let their lawyers deal with it. Besides even if Axl took the money half the board would have some justification for it. In fact I've never seen someone has an issue with ANY choice Axl did. The braids and jersey? oh he's original and unique? His horrible voice pre '06 ; oh so what he's Axl Rose its GNR. Slash does GH SELL OUT , Axl does GTA ; cool career move.

very well said!

chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #86 on: May 03, 2010, 04:38:43 PM »

A ) Slash gets money

C ) Slash gets no money

D ) WTF

EDIT : which is not to say that some Slash fans will do the SAME thing about all his career moves. Blind allegiance is really disturbing and quite frankly pathetic.

Again you guys are looking for something where there isn't anything. Axl switched HIS publishing company, NOT their's. It's not his fault or problem that ASCAP made an error and slash and duff did not get their money. Jesus you people are making it out like Axl is the reason that anything bad happens with slash when IT HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH HIM AT ALL!! Get it through your heads. It was a bogus lawsuit that never should have been filed and could have easily been cleared up if slash would have called the people he was expecting money from. That's it, nothing more nothing less.
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #87 on: May 04, 2010, 04:24:51 AM »

A ) Slash gets money

C ) Slash gets no money

D ) WTF

Very well said.  its crazy that some people find Axl faultless in all situations.  (not this one, just in general though)

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #88 on: May 04, 2010, 01:38:10 PM »

my point is, u are judging it after the fact. Its easy to sit and say he should've done this or that after the resolution.

its like losing all of your money gambling and saying "damn, i should've picked this team"

u cant judge shit in hindsight because as pointed out above, when u stop receiving your money, u don't always think the most rational shit.

people think aw, whats a hundred grand to Slash... trust me, 100 grand or whatever it is, def worth getting up and arms about

Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #89 on: May 04, 2010, 01:41:39 PM »

A ) Slash gets money

C ) Slash gets no money

D ) WTF

Again you guys are looking for something where there isn't anything. Axl switched HIS publishing company, NOT their's. It's not his fault or problem that ASCAP made an error and slash and duff did not get their money. Jesus you people are making it out like Axl is the reason that anything bad happens with slash when IT HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH HIM AT ALL!***! Get it through your heads. It was a bogus lawsuit that never should have been filed and could have easily been cleared up if slash would have called the people he was expecting money from. That's it, nothing more nothing less.

yes.....ASCAP is to blame for all GUNS N' ROSES-related publishing royalties being sent to the singer, thereby bypassing the band's other partners, Slash and Duff McKagan (at least for the first quarter of 2005). BUT this problem occured right after Axl decided to sell his publishing rights. he isnt responsible for the ASCAP mistake but somehow accidently made the 1st move for that***. and its not like Axl has found out himself about the first quarter $$ check problem and called or let call Slash/Duff fast either to inform them, ya know? hard to do it justice when there isnt any cool communication.

Re-Union time, baby!!
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #90 on: May 04, 2010, 03:02:25 PM »

my point is, u are judging it after the fact. Its easy to sit and say he should've done this or that after the resolution.

its like losing all of your money gambling and saying "damn, i should've picked this team"

u cant judge shit in hindsight because as pointed out above, when u stop receiving your money, u don't always think the most rational shit.

people think aw, whats a hundred grand to Slash... trust me, 100 grand or whatever it is, def worth getting up and arms about

You still don't get it. It's like if you were on unemployment and you were waiting for your money from the government but you didn't get. You don't then go after your former boss about the money you go after the people who owe the money to you. That's as simple as it is. I don't care how bad of a relationship they have with Axl, it still had nothing to do with him.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #91 on: May 04, 2010, 03:47:29 PM »

sorry dude, not the same thing

they heard axl sold his publishing

they don't get their check and right or wrong, they automatically assume Axl did something with theirs.

once again, is it really technically a lawsuit if u don't go to court?

resolution was reached, lawsuit dropped.. no biggie.

CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #92 on: May 04, 2010, 04:36:32 PM »

Slash just said that Axl crossed his mind when pondering singers for his album, which is only natural.  I think people are misreading that as a serious contemplation of actually asking Axl to do it, which I seriously doubt Slash is naive enough to do.
this is the only post in this thread that makes sense, it shoulda been over when bridge posted the above hihi

suing this suing that, yada yada
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #93 on: May 04, 2010, 04:55:55 PM »

sorry dude, not the same thing

they heard axl sold his publishing

they don't get their check and right or wrong, they automatically assume Axl did something with theirs.

once again, is it really technically a lawsuit if u don't go to court?

resolution was reached, lawsuit dropped.. no biggie.

They filed legal papers and there was court dates etc. So yes it was a lawsuit and yes it was wrong to file it.
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #94 on: May 05, 2010, 04:06:37 PM »

there was some analogue kind of problem with Robert John where Axl bought pics from him but Merck didnt pay Robert for ages and communication from both sides were about zero. so Robert didnt have any legal chance to get the money without fullfilling a lawsuit which he then did. so its not like there havent been problems inside Axl's camp regarding money issues.

Re-Union time, baby!!
Jdog0830
Legend

Rocking and Rolling because I am young and free!!!

« Reply #95 on: May 07, 2010, 02:27:21 PM »

A ) Slash gets money

C ) Slash gets no money

D ) WTF

The biggest and only problem I have with Axl is the kilt. It just makes me feel unconfortable that it resembles a skirt to much!

As for Slash my problem with him is that he works with some people that makes him and his fans look kinda bad like Furgie. (We all know she just wants Slash though)

Yet I am still real big fans of both of them. You just need to listen to the music and thats honestly what I think Slash was thinking about when he thought of Axl in "Slash"

Joe

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=59678.0

Just keep on moving on don't turn around or you'll lose it all
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: