Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 07:41:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227824 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Wake up, it's time to play!
| |-+  Appetite For Collection
| | |-+  My GNR Collection!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: My GNR Collection!  (Read 52067 times)
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #40 on: May 07, 2010, 09:19:50 AM »

uhm, hope you're not playing games. can you at least back-up this with a sample (with Axl singing)?

No im not authorized to share demos, whether its the rapidfire demos or cd era demos or whatever.
I spent thousands on them and i gave my word

Oh My God i cant deny this...
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #41 on: May 07, 2010, 09:50:40 AM »

so you just cant back it up!
a small snippet (with Axl singing) is not like sharing a whole song. you openly speak about them and also say you've paid thousands(!) for but refuse to do like a 20sec-sample? dont know you but what i know for sure is that the gnr fan community had to deal with similar things over the last ~9 years often and it mostly turned out not being for real. so....without any sample, too hard to believe, sorry.

Re-Union time, baby!!
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #42 on: May 07, 2010, 09:58:32 AM »

so you just cant back it up!
a small snippet (with Axl singing) is not like sharing a whole song. you openly speak about them and also say you've paid thousands(!) for but refuse to do like a 20sec-sample? dont know you but what i know for sure is that the gnr fan community had to deal with similar things over the last ~9 years often and it mostly turned out not being for real. so....without any sample, too hard to believe, sorry.

I understand what you're saying, but you asked and i answered. I dont need anyone to believe me.
Im very happy with what i have but im not gonna share it. First because im not authorized to do so, then because i gave my word and also because its illegal to put them on the internet.Im just keeping it to myself. Dont have anything to prove to no one and dont need to...
« Last Edit: May 07, 2010, 10:05:08 AM by Halo69 » Logged

Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #43 on: May 07, 2010, 10:18:52 AM »

what about this cd roots of guns n roses? is it good?
...its not as good as the rapidfire demos but its really cool....

i only asked because you decided for whatever reasons to talk about in the first place (see your quote ^^above). common thing for rare stuff like that, huh?
about the illegal thing....well, its not officially released so i dont see that point at all.

but yeah, here we go again: "i have this and that but am unwilling to prove anything"....

Re-Union time, baby!!
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #44 on: May 07, 2010, 10:23:52 AM »

so what if i mentioned it? does it mean i have to explain myself to you... i dont owe a damn thing to anybody and if i decide not to share it, its my decision and my choice.
I dont owe you or anybody and i certainly dont need the approval or for you or anyone to believe me.
Im sorry dude, im not trying to be harsh, but i have my reasons

Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #45 on: May 07, 2010, 11:02:56 AM »

as easy as that:
you talk about things nobody here seems to have and how great they are -> people get interested in and ask some details!

and then you seem to get pissed and refuse to create samples. as said before, gnr fan community had this stuff a lot before so we're kinda used to it.

now what about giving some other details, for example complete lyrics to one of those songs or so?
let me guess: "i'm also not allowed to do this, i'm not to allowed to give out any closer info at all, i gave my word, and off course i dont owe you anything! but the demos are outstanding!!"
if thats the case (and i'm hell sure it is again!) you're just one more of these talkers and chances are very very high you're not having the items described.
its not hard to prove something you do have but its hard to prove something you dont have.

Re-Union time, baby!!
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #46 on: May 07, 2010, 11:11:04 AM »

as easy as that:
you talk about things nobody here seems to have and how great they are -> people get interested in and ask some details!

and then you seem to get pissed and refuse to create samples. as said before, gnr fan community had this stuff a lot before so we're kinda used to it.

now what about giving some other details, for example complete lyrics to one of those songs or so?
let me guess: "i'm also not allowed to do this, i'm not to allowed to give out any closer info at all, i gave my word, and off course i dont owe you anything! but the demos are outstanding!!"
if thats the case (and i'm hell sure it is again!) you're just one more of these talkers and chances are very very high you're not having the items described.
its not hard to prove something you do have but its hard to prove something you dont have.

Ok.. im gonna repeat it. I dont have to prove anyone to you or anybody, i just said they were awesome, does that mean i have to post a sample or a clip or lyrics? No..... and no im not gonna do it.
Anyways my last post about this.

cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #47 on: May 07, 2010, 11:42:56 AM »

Are the Rapidfire demos even that good?

Talking quality wise and all that.
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #48 on: May 07, 2010, 11:52:20 AM »

Cotis, this is what  "Halo69" said about the (original eight-track-format) demos from May 25, 1983 he secretly bought for thousands ( Wink) of dollars:

...Nonetheless the tracks are great and whats amazing about them, is the quality of such old songs being perfect! It seems like a new album that just came out in 2010 or something

so they are sooooo fucking awesome but no more info allowed because he/she doesnt owe us anything. but they are killer  rofl

i'll quote myself again:

Re-Union time, baby!!
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #49 on: May 07, 2010, 11:56:28 AM »

Are the Rapidfire demos even that good?

Talking quality wise and all that.

I dont mind answering, i hope the conversation doesnt drag up from here like it did in previous posts.
Anyways the quality to me are quite amazing considering they were demos from such a long time. They sound kinda like the greatest hits album remasters, but the songs themselves sound like the songs in Lies.

AMONMAT
Headliner

KING OF THE ROW

« Reply #50 on: May 09, 2010, 09:18:35 AM »

Picture of my BOOTLEGS collection, Lp's not included, I will post them..

A LOT OF NEW RARE STUFF IS COMING!

Steam
Opening Act

« Reply #51 on: May 09, 2010, 07:38:03 PM »

you have an awesome collection, how I told you, I love bootlegs, the best part of a collection  hihi
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #52 on: May 10, 2010, 06:31:50 AM »

this kinda hurts, cause i could have bought most of these bootlegs 2 or 3 years ago.however at that time i wasnt really interested in them cause i could just download them. I even saw some of those big boxes.

I might just go to my store, and they have 2 bootlegs now that i might be buying. The reason i didnt was because of the sound not being that perfect

AMONMAT
Headliner

KING OF THE ROW

« Reply #53 on: May 10, 2010, 09:27:08 AM »

Me too..
If I have bought all the bootlegs I have seen in the past, now I could have a bigger collection..

Steam
Opening Act

« Reply #54 on: May 10, 2010, 09:55:48 AM »

I started buying bootlegs 6 months ago and I only have 30 cd boots
izzyjim
Rocker

« Reply #55 on: May 10, 2010, 11:13:47 AM »

about the "INGLEWOOD 07.30 - 02.08.1991 - SHADES RECORDS"-discs:
the taper was so nice to torrent quality transfers from his masters on DIME some months ago, and those are the best quality sources we will see (AND FOR FREE!!). all other copies, pressed with nice covers or what ever are just lower quality rip offs from the masters and cost you money.

I love bootlegs - I grew up listening to the Ritz bootleg without knowing how famous it was until I found it on video and was AMAZED by the fact that it's the same show.
So, I love bootlegs and I'm willing to pay for them but now it feels wrong because I see some guy sharing his stuff online and next thing you know it's up for sale with a pretty cover, pressed on a silver cd. I don't mind buying old bootlegs, that's cool, but buying NEW bootlegs of OLD shows - that's just rip off.
AMONMAT
Headliner

KING OF THE ROW

« Reply #56 on: May 10, 2010, 02:09:31 PM »

about buying bootlegs I prefer The old show with the original line-up,
I don't like new shows..and I rarely listen to new "Gn'r"

spookeend
Rocker

Love kills more than booze can make up for

« Reply #57 on: May 11, 2010, 02:44:19 AM »

the taper was so nice to torrent quality transfers from his masters on DIME some months ago, and those are the best quality sources we will see (AND FOR FREE!!). all other copies, pressed with nice covers or what ever are just lower quality rip offs from the masters and cost you money.

I love bootlegs - I grew up listening to the Ritz bootleg without knowing how famous it was until I found it on video and was AMAZED by the fact that it's the same show.
So, I love bootlegs and I'm willing to pay for them but now it feels wrong because I see some guy sharing his stuff online and next thing you know it's up for sale with a pretty cover, pressed on a silver cd. I don't mind buying old bootlegs, that's cool, but buying NEW bootlegs of OLD shows - that's just rip off.

the reason i only get boots on vinyl. Ok, some are made multiple times, like the ritz, and a lot have poor quality, but they are harder to make, so more rare and, well, vinyl just does it for me.
However, now, it's only the good shows, quality wise i want, most of the rest is gone allready, sold through to other collectors. but, then again, they still know they have the real thing, not a copy or so.....
izzyjim
Rocker

« Reply #58 on: May 11, 2010, 06:48:16 AM »

the reason i only get boots on vinyl... well, vinyl just does it for me.

I hear you, that's why I bought a new (purple) vinyl called "Unplugged" with a shitty cover art and a lousy sound - even though I have an old school KTS cd with the same shows : /
svdv22
VIP

This is not a piano falling out of the sky

« Reply #59 on: May 11, 2010, 04:12:48 PM »

How's the quality of those bootlegs (the inglewood series from shades records). Since we're talking about bootlegs "original masters" doesn't say anything. I have those shows but the quality isn't that great.. And since one of those shows has an amazing setlist I'd love to get my hans on one with b+ or higher quality Smiley

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: