Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 07:25:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Rhianna impersonates Slash in new video
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rhianna impersonates Slash in new video  (Read 3773 times)
Annie
« on: May 26, 2010, 02:18:24 PM »

I found this video to be a bit bizarre.

http://www.popeater.com/2010/05/26/rhianna-blackface-slash-rockstar-101-video/

What do you guys think? I feel slightly nauseous. It was kind of hard for a true blue hardcore Axlite like myself to watch this video.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2010, 02:20:30 PM by Little EMO Annie » Logged
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2010, 02:22:19 PM »

What do you guys think? I feel slightly nauseous. It was kind of hard for a true blue hardcore Axlite like myself to watch this video.

What does that have to do with Axl? And what control would Slash have over someone impersonating him? Warren Buffett impersonating Axl didn't make you nauseous?

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
Annie
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2010, 02:25:48 PM »

What does that have to do with Axl? And what control would Slash have over someone impersonating him? Warren Buffett impersonating Axl didn't make you nauseous?
Actually it did.  hihi I just like Rihanna, and I don't really  care for Slash. Seeing her pay tribute to him, made me slightly nauseous.
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2010, 02:40:29 PM »

seeing her, pay tribute to the man that contributed to 3 albums, 2 eps and 1 cover album of GNRs back catalogue made you want to be sick? Thats dumb.

The only thing that makes me feel sick, is that Slash would work with such a poor excuse for an "artist"

html sucks
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2010, 05:08:40 PM »

I think Slash should be grateful that one of the hottest artists on the planet asked him to be on her album and impersonated him in her video.

Though I still say Slash is way underutilized in the song.  If you didn't tell me he was on the song and if Rhianna didn't dress up as him I would've never heard the song and said, "Is that Slash on that song?"  There's just no way, he's unnoticeable on the track.

Rhianna looks fine, dressed as Slash or not.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2010, 05:34:28 PM »

Actually it did.  hihi I just like Rihanna, and I don't really  care for Slash. Seeing her pay tribute to him, made me slightly nauseous.

do u feel nauseous during the NR and SCOM solos or do u just fast forward to the vocals?

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2010, 05:43:32 PM »

Just because she doesn't like Slash doesn't mean she can't admire his playing.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Annie
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2010, 11:17:00 PM »

Just because she doesn't like Slash doesn't mean she can't admire his playing.
True that. Double true!
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2010, 05:59:48 AM »

i think its a big barrel of hypocrisy myself. Sure, you may not like him, doesnt mean it makes you feel sick :S

Fuck, i mean, there are so many people in bands that i love, but dislike certain members because of how they act. Doesnt mean they make me feel sick, i just think "haha dickhead" n then get back to enjoying the music.

html sucks
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2010, 06:27:58 AM »

Am i in the right place here?  I thouht i was on a GNR board!

Do people really like Rihanna and not care about Slash (a key figure in GNR history) ?

or think that its a huge honour for Slash to play with Rihanna?  I think its a huge honour to her that Slash agreed to play.  Not that its not an honour for Slash  too but..

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2010, 10:00:49 AM »

i think its a big barrel of hypocrisy myself. Sure, you may not like him, doesnt mean it makes you feel sick :S

Not really. Herman Melville treated his entire family, especially his kids horribly, and yet Moby Dick is still universally recognized as a quintessential masterpiece of literature.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2010, 10:17:49 AM »

Do people really like Rihanna and not care about Slash (a key figure in GNR history) ?

or think that its a huge honour for Slash to play with Rihanna?  I think its a huge honour to her that Slash agreed to play.  Not that its not an honour for Slash  too but..
I wouldn't say it's an "honor" for Slash to play with Rhianna, that's going a little far.  But I would say that it is honorable that he is thought of in such high regard that one of the hottest pop artists of today chose him to feature on a song, though he can barely be heard on said song.

And in case you haven't noticed, there are people who don't like Slash that reside on this board.  You should be used to that by now.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2010, 10:50:14 AM »

I wouldn't say it's an "honor" for Slash to play with Rhianna, that's going a little far.  But I would say that it is honorable that he is thought of in such high regard that one of the hottest pop artists of today chose him to feature on a song, though he can barely be heard on said song.

And in case you haven't noticed, there are people who don't like Slash that reside on this board.  You should be used to that by now.

Ah i get what your saying  Smiley

I am used to that Faldor, but i always assumed it was in relation to others in GNR.
never thought  id see someone support Rihanna over him  hihi

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
Annie
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2010, 11:13:52 AM »

Ah i get what your saying  Smiley

I am used to that Faldor, but i always assumed it was in relation to others in GNR.
never thought  id see someone support Rihanna over him  hihi
Just shows that life can always surprise you. hihi I was a Madonna fan before I was a  GNR fan, and I am a total Axl fan!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: