Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 31, 2024, 09:41:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227976 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash Receiving Star On Hollywood Walk Of Fame - July 10th
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash Receiving Star On Hollywood Walk Of Fame - July 10th  (Read 37463 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2010, 09:31:51 AM »

please, who on that list doesn't deserve a star?

Enough with the ass kissing in this thread people, u aren't going backstage

not u funky... talking to a few of the others.

Slash is on tour, getting HUGE Rave reviews, so of course right on time, people have to come on and take shots at him. typical.

D, as usual you fail to see what the whole point is.

Nobody claimed people don't deserve getting a star. Especially since they're paying for it!

You just make it seem like this is some kind of big achievement related honor.

It's really not.

Since you continuously keep bring this up, are you hoping to get backstage to meet Slash and Perla with your ass kissing?  Huh

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2010, 11:57:56 AM »

I find it amusing that his wife and a friend nominated him and he got selected, not to mention that he has to pay for the star. I always thought that it was some great 'honour' bestowed upon you by some invisible men in some secret committee. So much for the Hollywood Walk Of Fame...

Fuck 'Em All.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2010, 12:54:49 PM »

I always thought that it was some great 'honour' bestowed upon you by some invisible men in some secret committee.

I thought the same thing -- I didn't know you had to pay and be nominated.

I deleted my earlier post -- misread the not u funky part. Lips Sealed

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2010, 02:37:19 PM »

SLASH Comments On 'Hollywood Walk Of Fame' Honor - June 20, 2010

The Hollywood Chamber of Commerce announced on Thursday (June 17) that legendary guitarist Slash (VELVET REVOLVER, GUNS N' ROSES) will receive a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. The star will be unveiled sometime in 2011, although a specific date and location have not been confirmed. Others scheduled to be inducted into the Walk of Fame next year include RASCAL FLATTS, Melissa Etheridge, LOS TIGRES DEL NORTE, THE GO-GO'S, Will.I.Am and BeBe and CeCe Winans. The late Buddy Holly and Louis Prima will be inducted posthumously.

Commented Slash: "I am sincerely honored and humbled by my induction into the Hollywood Walk of Fame.

"What an amazing honor!

"I came from the ground up in Hollywood, so this is the most genuinely special distinction I could ever receive."

Honorees have up to five years from this week's announcement to schedule their respective unveiling ceremonies.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=141840

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2010, 03:59:29 AM »

Of course whenever anyone says anything bad about slash D comes along with his "stop ass kissing you are not going backstage" shit. I think he must be really jealous that some people get to go backstage and he never has, but that is another topic altogether.

Or maybe you're jealous that you aren't getting a star?

Funny how certain people appear in this section when they choose and suddenly they're just expressing their opinions.
One or two people have suddenly appeared that havent bothered commenting on the tour or anything like that.

lets wait for Axl, DJ or Ron to get a star and then'll we'll hear how "cool" it is.  Like the Macy thread all over again.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2010, 04:04:05 AM by jacdaniel » Logged

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2010, 10:00:10 AM »

I defend any member of GNR past or present when people try to undermine their accomplishments by nitpicking and acting like somehow their accomplishments are bogus.

You all are coming on here, ignoring "WHY" people have to pay the 25000 and are just insinuating that Slash is paying to be honored when that is not true.

If his loved ones or friends nominate him for the honor, he still has to be accepted. You still have to be accomplished to get that star.

the 25k is for the construction and the upkeep of the star. Like I said, do you really think the taxpayers would be happy fronting the bill for something like this?

Point is, before Axl blasted Slash and publicily spoke of his hatred, this kind of Slash bashing didn't happen on here.
Now Slash's solo album has been a hit and his tour is getting recognized and he is stealing the show people feel the need to now find things to try and discredit him.

As far as the backstage thing, i don't "want" to do that kind of thing, and i sure as hell don't post hoping to be recognized in hopes of getting to do that sort of thing. If that were so I also would've turned into a slash basher a long time ago.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2010, 10:10:48 AM »

Of course whenever anyone says anything bad about slash D comes along with his "stop ass kissing you are not going backstage" shit. I think he must be really jealous that some people get to go backstage and he never has, but that is another topic altogether.

Or maybe you're jealous that you aren't getting a star?

Of course that's it! I want one of those lovely pieces of cement that anyone in the entertainment business with 25k can get!  rofl rofl rofl
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2010, 10:22:03 AM »

As far as the backstage thing, i don't "want" to do that kind of thing, and i sure as hell don't post hoping to be recognized in hopes of getting to do that sort of thing. If that were so I also would've turned into a slash basher a long time ago.

If it's true for others, then it must be true for you as well.  Cheesy

I defend any member of GNR past or present when people try to undermine their accomplishments by nitpicking and acting like somehow their accomplishments are bogus.

Or maybe you just have a different view on accomplishments when it's Slash that gets something?

Nah, that couldn't be it.

You accuse others of being biased while act like you're objective yourself. You're not fooling anybody.

Real accomplishments are often ignored because the "wrong" guys are accomplishing them.

Now Slash's solo album has been a hit and his tour is getting recognized and he is stealing the show people feel the need to now find things to try and discredit him.

"Hit" and "stealing the show"?

He's the opening act and playing afternoon sets at festivals....

People go, and then hear the GNR hits.

How can you fail by playing the biggest GN'R hits to a festival crowd?

Remember how VR "stole the show" at Live8 by playing their own songs that nobody knew?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2010, 10:48:30 AM »

Let me get this straight... I am posting about Slash in a subforum on a GNR site and Slash or Perla will see this how?
people on here know u roll with GNR and they change their posting style and start sucking up etc
Huge difference!!!

The reviews I've read and the message forum on the Download Festival were full of big time buzz over his performances.

So, in all honesty, you guys don't think Slash deserves a star on the walk of fame? Really? If not, why doesn't he?

He is one of the most accomplished, most famous guitar Icons of all time, he has written some of the most famous riffs/guitar solos in music history.

how does that not qualify?

I also do not, and will not ever subsribe to the u are either with us or against us theory that seems to exist on GNR forums. Like you have to choose a side etc. I like both, i defend both, i hold each side accountable when i don't agree with something they do. I've been this way for 7 years. so lets don't pretend my style has changed . all you have to do is check my post history.

« Last Edit: June 21, 2010, 10:51:34 AM by D » Logged

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2010, 11:08:20 AM »

Let me get this straight... I am posting about Slash in a subforum on a GNR site and Slash or Perla will see this how?
people on here know u roll with GNR and they change their posting style and start sucking up etc
Huge difference!!!

Not a huge difference. Since you accuse others of doing it, the same can be said about you.

It's the Internet. I'm sure you can figure it out.

Hint: People don't need to post on a web site to notice.

So maybe you should be more careful about attacking people in the future....

The reviews I've read and the message forum on the Download Festival were full of big time buzz over his performances.

So it happened at one festival and you read forum posts by fans. Got it.

So, in all honesty, you guys don't think Slash deserves a star on the walk of fame? Really? If not, why doesn't he?

Please provide a quote where I said so.

All I said is that some of you make it seem like a bigger achievement than it is.

He is one of the most accomplished, most famous guitar Icons of all time, 

Where did I disagree? I'm confused.

I also do not, and will not ever subsribe to the u are either with us or against us theory that seems to exist on GNR forums.

Either you love GN'R or you don't.

Notice I say love, not loved.

/jarmo

jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2010, 11:12:08 AM »

i wouldnt even bother trying to argue with some people D.  Its just like the Macy Gray thing.. Slash was a sell out for adding some guitar to her album but when she said she loved Axl.. suddenly she was "cool".

Same with Slash tweeting. remember when people used to bash Slash for tweeting?  Then Axl got an account and it was "Cool" that he kept in touch with the fans.

You can't.  Thats why all the ex and current gunners do it.

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
Genesis
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2010, 11:14:42 AM »

I think most people were just surprised to find out that the star has to be paid for and that his wife nominated him. That kind of relegates the Walk Of Fame to just bragging rights. It's kind of like a millionaire paying for a new university building, after which they name it after him in some big ceremony. Hardly 'honourable', is it? I'm not slamming Slash, I'm just disappointed that the Walk Of Fame works this way.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2010, 11:16:15 AM by Genesis » Logged

Fuck 'Em All.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #32 on: June 21, 2010, 11:18:11 AM »

You can't.  Thats why all the ex and current gunners do it.

Please. You go see the band play the songs people associate with said band.

It's not weird in any way. Unless you're a Slash fan and you try to make it seem weird....

I think most people were just surprised to find out that the star has to be paid for and that his wife nominated him. That kind of relegates the Walk Of Fame to just bragging rights. It's kind of like a millionaire paying for a new university building, after which they name it after him in some big ceremony. Hardly 'honourable', is it? I'm not slamming Slash, I'm just disappointed that the Walk Of Fame works this way.

There you go D, and other Slash fans who fail to get the point.

/jarmo

sleeper
Rocker

« Reply #33 on: June 21, 2010, 11:18:33 AM »

Give up D it is a double standard and people know it. Look at it this way if Slash was in the gutter the way some people claim around here they would not be posting about him. The star is a great honor anyway that it is looked at. The people that have received the stars over the past 50 plus years have been the tops in there field. Paul McCartney, Liz Taylor, Elvis (the king), Marilyn Monroe etc. When you walk on the walk way and see the names it is like looking at history. And soon People will see Slash's star.

Genesis
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #34 on: June 21, 2010, 11:22:30 AM »

Give up D it is a double standard and people know it. Look at it this way if Slash was in the gutter the way some people claim around here they would not be posting about him. The star is a great honor anyway that it is looked at. The people that have received the stars over the past 50 plus years have been the tops in there field. Paul McCartney, Liz Taylor, Elvis (the king), Marilyn Monroe etc. When you walk on the walk way and see the names it is like looking at history. And soon People will see Slash's star.

Well, I guess that's a more positive way to look at it.

Fuck 'Em All.
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #35 on: June 21, 2010, 11:25:34 AM »

Jesus, why are all the Slash fans getting hot by some people saying that it's not as big of an honour they thought it was originally. Simply because his own wife nominated him and also on top of that the ''honouree'' has to pay quite a substantial fee to be inducted.

It would be the equivelent of somebody getting knighted in the UK, only to have written to the queen asking for it and also paying a large sum of money to do so.  hihi

I'm not saying it's not an achievement at all, just that I'm surprised at how the ''walk of fame'' works.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #36 on: June 21, 2010, 11:45:23 AM »

It isn't that people are saying it isn't a big honor, maybe i am reading too much into it, if i am, i apologize, but i just feel it isn't that big of an honor because its "Slash"

his wife nominated him, but he still has to be accepted for it. If it were some one hit wonder, reality TV show nobody getting a star, I'd agree, but thats hardly the case.. then u guys post a list of who is getting one when everybody on that list deserves a star. there are some on there i don't recognize, but Im not one of these people that thinks if i haven't heard of it, it isn't famous kinda people.

He isn't "Paying" for the star. He is paying for it to be constructed and for the upkeep. U know, putting something like that in the ground costs money. so someone has to pay for it.

It also goes a lot deeper than one message forum braggin on Slash's performances. just check Youtube or other GNR forums on the net.
Also, It isn't like the crowd only applauds the GNR stuff. from the shows I've seen, they are into pretty much every song in the set.

jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #37 on: June 21, 2010, 11:53:20 AM »

It isn't that people are saying it isn't a big honor, maybe i am reading too much into it, if i am, i apologize, but i just feel it isn't that big of an honor because its "Slash"

You're right there D.  If it was Axl or DJ, it would be so "cool".  But its Slash so its not cool.
Some people seem to be using this for their own agenda's - to take a few shots at Slash.

read the text a little closer.  Its full of some people putting down his new album, songs and sets. 
bitter people that can't stand to see Slash play PC, SCOM and Nightrain.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #38 on: June 21, 2010, 11:59:34 AM »

I missed the love or loved GNR part.

That is my point. There is a hiearchy on GNR forums that feels if u love Slash, u "loved" Gnr and no longer do.

But yet in my case, every post i have in the GNR section was first driving the DJ Ashba bandwagon, then on multiple forums defending Axl in his lawsuit..

I have came down very hard on Slash with bullshit he has done.. the PC remake, the Fergie stuff in general, his lying about the ST Louis riot when video evidence showed he was lying. the Atlanta VR concert where i thought Slash gave a terrible performance etc.

Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #39 on: June 21, 2010, 12:06:41 PM »

I have came down very hard on Slash with bullshit he has done.. the PC remake, the Fergie stuff in general, his lying about the ST Louis riot when video evidence showed he was lying. the Atlanta VR concert where i thought Slash gave a terrible performance etc.

"Real" fans don't ever acknowledge negativity or question anything associated with the entities they claim to be a fan of. You must have missed that section of the indoctrination camp. nervous
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: