Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 02:00:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Feeling like shit
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Feeling like shit  (Read 13583 times)
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #40 on: July 20, 2010, 11:36:09 AM »

Don't get me wrong I am fortunate for what I have in this world but I am guessing you simply didn't have a similar problem as me so it would be hard to explain.
I had a nervous breakdown and was an alcoholic by age 14 so maybe if you use small words you'll be able to explain it to me.  Roll Eyes

First, i hate when people say cheer up, it could be worse, u could have cancer or muscular dystrophy or whatever.

maybe it isn't meant that way but its like using someone's even worse situation to feel better about ur own.. i don't like that.
This from the guy who blames his shortcomings on not being diagnosed with depression or bi-polar disorder.  hihi

Here's a clue for the two of you

Volunteering is NOT about making yourself feel better by seeing other people who you think are worse off than you!!!  IMO, 90% of people who find themselves in "those circumstances" have a better appreciation of what life is truly about.

VOLUNTEERING IS ALL ABOUT MAKING THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE BY SHARING OUR GIFTS WITH ONE ANOTHER WITH NO OTHER MOTIVE THAN SHARING!!!

And as far as that whole 'psychological disorder' thing goes, Dr. Leary and I have a special message for the two of you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAVoQfoU0dQ

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #41 on: July 20, 2010, 01:18:18 PM »

^
While seeing other people with greater suffering certainly makes one empathise with them.

Self loathing never goes away.

html sucks
Jdog0830
Legend

Rocking and Rolling because I am young and free!!!

« Reply #42 on: July 20, 2010, 02:28:27 PM »

^
While seeing other people with greater suffering certainly makes one empathise with them.

That's exactly the point I was trying to make with GypsySoul although it does seem she posts a lot in these threads to simply bust my balls  hihi

Just joking GypsySoul I greatly respect volentering and helping our fellow man.
I guess I am being selfish even by saying it but I am trying to figure out more about myself and my nature.
I never had any intention to make it sound like you never knew pain it's that it's hard for even myself to explain these things.

Joe

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=59678.0

Just keep on moving on don't turn around or you'll lose it all
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #43 on: July 20, 2010, 03:16:19 PM »

Don't get me wrong I am fortunate for what I have in this world but I am guessing you simply didn't have a similar problem as me so it would be hard to explain.
I had a nervous breakdown and was an alcoholic by age 14 so maybe if you use small words you'll be able to explain it to me.  Roll Eyes

First, i hate when people say cheer up, it could be worse, u could have cancer or muscular dystrophy or whatever.

maybe it isn't meant that way but its like using someone's even worse situation to feel better about ur own.. i don't like that.
This from the guy who blames his shortcomings on not being diagnosed with depression or bi-polar disorder.  hihi

Volunteering is NOT about making yourself feel better by seeing other people who you think are worse off than you!!!  IMO, 90% of people who find themselves in "those circumstances" have a better appreciation of what life is truly about.

VOLUNTEERING IS ALL ABOUT MAKING THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE BY SHARING OUR GIFTS WITH ONE ANOTHER WITH NO OTHER MOTIVE THAN SHARING!!!

And as far as that whole 'psychological disorder' thing goes, Dr. Leary and I have a special message for the two of you:

Short comings? I am a college graduate and i work in Nursing Homes helping people everyday... if someone in my family dies or i have a shitty day, trust me, that doesn't cheer u up.

just sayin u sound ridiculous, bipolar, manic depression, ADHD are REAL medical problems. U can't just say cheer up to someone with BiPolar. Or hey u, concentrate harder.. if u have a chemical deficiency in the brain, that can't be overcome by thinking of someone worse off than u. u have a shitty way of oversimplifying people's problems.

« Last Edit: July 20, 2010, 03:18:30 PM by D » Logged

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Jdog0830
Legend

« Reply #44 on: July 20, 2010, 06:49:41 PM »

Now D I can relate when your talking about stuff like ADHD because I have that shit and missed out on a lot because of it but also learned a lot because of it.

Just another fight we have to go through throughout our lives. And where I learned to control it mostly on my own through a lot of sheer will power I don't really concider it much of a problem for me anymore thanks to everything my parents did to help me. That's also why I don't want to dissipoint them much like it is with many parent child relationships.

Joe

Sin Cut
Lovegun
Legend

« Reply #45 on: July 21, 2010, 03:59:45 AM »

^

That's exactly the point I was trying to make with GypsySoul although it does seem she posts a lot in these threads to simply bust my balls  hihi

Just joking GypsySoul I greatly respect volentering and helping our fellow man.
I guess I am being selfish even by saying it but I am trying to figure out more about myself and my nature.
I never had any intention to make it sound like you never knew pain it's that it's hard for even myself to explain these things.

Joe

What's up with you and how everyone is busting your balls?  hihi

Short comings? I am a college graduate and i work in Nursing Homes helping people everyday... if someone in my family dies or i have a shitty day, trust me, that doesn't cheer u up.

just sayin u sound ridiculous, bipolar, manic depression, ADHD are REAL medical problems. U can't just say cheer up to someone with BiPolar. Or hey u, concentrate harder.. if u have a chemical deficiency in the brain, that can't be overcome by thinking of someone worse off than u. u have a shitty way of oversimplifying people's problems.

I agree with D, but I do find it strange how common these are. My opinnion is that things go wrong when I medicate the problem and not the cause.

I've gone through depression myself and looking back to the time I think all the meds just made me worse and the real problem was work and social life related, my boss really drained me with work, I just needed some time and what really was the start for me getting better was when I realized the meds ain't going to make me better if nothing they made me worse, I was in apathy and didn't want to do shit and the circle was ready.

Feeling bad for not getting things done, I remember being too depressed to pay my bills or to see my friends. I even disabled by doorbell and didn't answer the phone.

On my summer vacation at the time I realized that the medication is making things worse and I quit, then I made a list of what I don't like about my life and started to correct it.

Somewhere along the way I got back the old me and frankly without the summer vacation and sick leave I wouldn't have the energy to do this.

And the changes were big, for an example I quit my job which I hated.

"The real reason a man hits on a girl - is to fight masturbation."
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #46 on: July 21, 2010, 04:53:23 AM »

There is a difference though Sin Cut.

like for instance, if a family member dies, that is normal depression, no one should run out and get on Paxil or Zoloft or what  have you..

Serotonin deficiency,however, is real and needs treatment. I've always found proper diet and exercise controls this problem well, but not everyone chooses that route.

If u are just stressed at work,broken hearted, mourning etc. it isn't a hormone deficiency therefore meds wouldn't help and would probably screw u up cause u would have an abundance of the hormone.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Jdog0830
Legend

« Reply #47 on: August 06, 2010, 01:26:26 AM »

Ah I am fucking stupid even when I ask a girl out that I know is single, hot, and even does some of the same things as me  I manage to fuck it up!!!

Ah I got them summer time blues.

Joe

cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #48 on: August 06, 2010, 01:28:48 AM »

Did you just straight up go up and say lets go out?

Gotta have better game than that.

Ask (insert random name)TONY how he gets all the men in his life...

« Last Edit: August 06, 2010, 01:31:54 AM by cotis » Logged
Jdog0830
Legend

« Reply #49 on: August 06, 2010, 01:36:08 AM »

I tryed to break the ice with a like 2 jokes and it seemed like she was playing along when she told one (saying she hated everyone in our school) so then I asked her "Well if you don't hate this stupid stoner maybe we can hangout sometime?" she said maybe but she said it in the way that said not gonna happen.

And the bitch wonders why she is single??? Ah women are crazy.

Joe

Jdog0830
Legend

« Reply #50 on: August 06, 2010, 01:38:12 AM »

Ok but if you say whip out her penis I dint think that will work.
 hihi

Dam now I laughed.

Joe

cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #51 on: August 06, 2010, 01:40:38 AM »

hihi

Dam now I laughed.

Joe

If she has a penis, you are barking up the wrong tree my friend.
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #52 on: August 06, 2010, 01:44:47 AM »

hihi

Dam now I laughed.

Joe

If she has a penis, you are barking up the wrong tree my friend.

hahahahahha
Jdog0830
Legend

« Reply #53 on: August 06, 2010, 01:45:34 AM »

Haha your telling me!!! No but she does seem to get pissed off alot!!!

And basic that was the joke because she doesn't have a dick!!!
rofl  If I fall for a dick girl I hit rock bottom hard!!!
Joe
« Last Edit: August 06, 2010, 01:50:50 AM by Jdog0830 » Logged

Jdog0830
Legend

« Reply #54 on: August 06, 2010, 01:58:03 AM »

What should I do though I really like her and I don't want her to think I am a freak or a stalker!!!
Women sure can be crazy!!!

Joe

nekomex
Rocker

« Reply #55 on: August 06, 2010, 02:06:39 AM »

What should I do though I really like her and I don't want her to think I am a freak or a stalker!!!
Women sure can be crazy!!!

Joe

keep talking with her and try to hang out, but dont invite her to go out. wait for the proper time, like if she says something about a party or that she wants to see a movie or whatever, then you take the chance .
Jdog0830
Legend

« Reply #56 on: August 06, 2010, 02:13:47 AM »

That sounds like a good plan but I tried that before and the chick thought I was stalking her and I wasn't.

And this girl lives real close by me which is one of the reasons I know her. Last thing I would want is her saying I am a freak and like my little brother hearing that.

Maybe I should wait till collage to even bother trying to get a girl friend.

Joe
« Last Edit: August 06, 2010, 02:22:57 AM by Jdog0830 » Logged

Sin Cut
Lovegun
Legend

« Reply #57 on: August 06, 2010, 02:25:54 AM »

Ah I am fucking stupid even when I ask a girl out that I know is single, hot, and even does some of the same things as me  I manage to fuck it up!!!

Ah I got them summer time blues.

Joe

I manage to fuck them.

Jdog0830
Legend

« Reply #58 on: August 06, 2010, 02:44:59 AM »

Well that's nice for you not all of us get laid like you apparently do.

Joe

Sin Cut
Lovegun
Legend

« Reply #59 on: August 06, 2010, 03:23:41 AM »

Well that's nice for you not all of us get laid like you apparently do.

Joe

Really, it ain't hard.

Here's how it usually goes, I go with friends to a club or a pub, wait for a woman to check me out and go to talk (if she isn't fat or plain ugly). We have a few drinks, have a good time and the next morning I wake at her place or she wakes up at mine. I don't remember when was the last time I had to leave empty handed.

We usually first hit some pub and then some nightclub. After I've been on stage (karaoke) there's always girls coming to talk.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: