Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 04:05:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  INCEPTION *SPOILERS*
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: INCEPTION *SPOILERS*  (Read 6211 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« on: July 20, 2010, 04:34:18 PM »

Opinions?

ending?

Were his crew even real?

top kept spinning at end?

what happened do u think?

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
GnFnR87
Legend

GNR FOREVER!!!! AXL'S THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2010, 07:08:06 PM »

well....

there are two possiblities.

the whole thing was a dream and in the ending its still a dream but he overcame his demons and got over his wife. so the question is  does it really matter if its real or not if he overcame his demons?

or...

the crew was real and in the end it is in fact reality, the totem felll etc.

but in the supposed reality,there are alot of hints that it could have been a dream. i mean his whole crew wasn't very developed(almost like they were projections of leo's subconsious, and in that chase through the town when he is in between the buildings its almost like the walls are collapsing in on him like a dream, then he gets out and of course Saito just shows up conveniently to save him. could be a dream i guess

here is a really good link: http://chud.com/articles/articles/24477/1/NEVER-WAKE-UP-THE-MEANING-AND-SECRET-OF-INCEPTION/Page1.html

really loved this movie, that hallyway fight scene was fucking incredible!
definitely gonna see it again
« Last Edit: July 21, 2010, 07:10:33 PM by GnFnR87 » Logged

Shows:?? 5/17/06 @ Hammerstein, 11/10/06 @ MSG
It's so close..... i can feel it.....
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2010, 06:43:51 PM »

Well, who cares and does it really matter? It tries to be complicated, but it's not. It tries to be deep, but is in fact extremely shallow. Script is weak, editing is bad and the acting is nothing to write home about. Some decent music and photography and at least one action scene that wasn't redundant, although it kinda was. Its pivotal achievement was exposing Nolan for the light director I for a time thought he was. He came close to touching the greatness of Coppola and Lucas, but this flick is certainly the confirmation that after all he's just another James Cameron. A flashy hack with no substance.

A chocolate cake made up of shit, that's the best way to describe this movie.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
GnFnR87
Legend

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2010, 07:55:27 PM »

umm dude this is an action movie. and for a summer blockbuster action movie it has enough substance in leo's character. did we watch the same movie? sure the actual premise of corporate espioinage was thin but everything else was awesome, and i forgive that mistake for the questions the movie raises and for the fact that every action movie is pretty ridiculous when u get down to it.

and lucas? really? i love star wars but c'mon nolan destroys lucas and his prequel abominations.

and james cameron? avatar was overrated but the terminator and t:2 fucking rock. get out of here man.

this movie was surely a breath of fresh air in a pretty boring summer movie scene for the most part.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2010, 08:11:47 PM by GnFnR87 » Logged

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2010, 08:11:53 PM »

just watched it again and the 2nd time its even better.

yeah, people can not like it if they want, thats your prerogative but Dark Knight and this movie are up there with any other two movies imo.

GnFnR87
Legend

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2010, 08:12:53 PM »

just watched it again and the 2nd time its even better.

yeah, people can not like it if they want, thats your prerogative but Dark Knight and this movie are up there with any other two movies imo.

hell yeah mean. i'll take dark knight over transformers(which i kinda like in a guilty pleasure kind of way), terminator salvation,   or that twilight garbage

cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2010, 12:09:12 AM »

Just saw it today, and was blown away.

Going to see it again sometime soon, and see if I can put together some loose ends that come to mind and really figure it out.
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2010, 01:38:26 AM »

Great movie....

... but, basically, Leo's character is a prick who is willing to potentially ruin another man's life (Cillian Murphy), for a small chance that he can be reunited with his kids.  He's fully aware that the idea placed from an inception can grow to have terrible consequences, yet he goes ahead with the plan anyways.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2010, 07:43:48 PM »

I figure u can have the happy ending and play the movie straight like everything ended super nice and in reality OR u can do the he was still dreaming at the end, found the reality he wanted to be in, found Catharsis through his dreams, was able to let his wife go, so was now able to look his children in the eye. He was in limbo but found a way to spend that limbo with his kids...

I thought at first the top kept spinning at the end, but upon 2nd viewing, im not so sure cause it sounds like it was wobbling... it wouldn't wobble in a dream

ive also heard rumors that the entire movie was a dream and all the people were just projections from his subconscious so the Russian guy and everyone else weren't even real to begin with.. i don't know about that.

I thought also, that he walked away from the top because he was where he wanted to be and no longer cared if he were dreaming or awake it didn't matter.. remember the they dont come here to sleep, they come here to be awake speech in that one place?

So he was where he wanted to be, he was home, so it didn't matter.

nekomex
Rocker

« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2010, 01:35:33 AM »

at the end the little stuff (i dont know the name)was wobblling, it looked like it was going to fall, but then the movie stops, so we really cant know. but i have to say that the point of Leo's character was to forgive himself and carry on with his life to be able to take care of his children because he was responsible for the death of his wife and the mother of the children. if it was a dream then he acomplished to forgive himself but he ended up leaving his kids with out a father and mother which was one of the points he tried to avoid.

so yes maybe he ended up in a dream and got carried away again, but i think that he overcomes that and its able to see past the dream, he is able to see the faces of the kids again because he has lost the guilt and he is there to take care of them.
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2010, 03:49:11 PM »

I'll admit, I had a hard time understanding a lot of this film. In the end, I think I've kinda got it, but watching it, it's hard to keep track of what 'level' they're in and who's dream it is and whatnot. I have a headache now.

Maybe it's a film I'll have to watch again to understand better, but I'm not really sure how much that'll help.....

I liked it overall, it just makes youhave to think that little bit too hard for a film.

And yah, I think the top was about to fall over at the end. Cool

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2010, 03:31:18 AM »

One of the best movies that I've seen in a long time, really refreshing. Nolan is a genius.
I'd like to think that the ending was real, since they finally show the children's faces. I had to think for a bit after the movie ended, but just awesome.

Fuck 'Em All.
Sin Cut
Lovegun
Legend

« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2010, 07:08:06 AM »

"The real reason a man hits on a girl - is to fight masturbation."
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2010, 04:53:06 PM »

I thought Inception was ok, but I would not watch it again. People think it's clever because you effectively have five stories running at the same time, each at a different time scale, and within those five stories, are two main plots, the inception, and Leo's hang-ups. It is done well enough so you can watch it, but the ending was daft.
Genesis
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2010, 07:25:54 AM »

I thought Inception was ok, but I would not watch it again. People think it's clever because you effectively have five stories running at the same time, each at a different time scale, and within those five stories, are two main plots, the inception, and Leo's hang-ups. It is done well enough so you can watch it, but the ending was daft.

Why do you think the ending was daft?

Fuck 'Em All.
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2010, 05:38:27 PM »

Because events were defined the stages. Leo's wife died in the level with the aircraft story, and the dream levels were defined and limited by memories. I know there were subtleties to suggest otherwise, but it was fairly clear that the ending was reality. Nolan made the ending feel complicated by skipping scenes and ending the story quickly.
Axlative
Rocker

All Better now!

« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2010, 01:10:08 PM »

Because events were defined the stages. Leo's wife died in the level with the aircraft story, and the dream levels were defined and limited by memories. I know there were subtleties to suggest otherwise, but it was fairly clear that the ending was reality. Nolan made the ending feel complicated by skipping scenes and ending the story quickly.

Ever considered that maybe things were "skipped" because... It was all a dream and "it's only after you wake up you notice the inconsistencies". That is, when you walk out of the theater.

IMO, everything was spelled out in the movie. You just had to apply the information. The science of the whole dream sharing stuff was almost completely overlooked unlike in The Matrix for example, where you somewhat understood how the unplugging went. On the top level lots of stuff was as inconsistent as in the deeper levels but just a bit more subtle. Like the whole totem thing. Cobb says never to even touch another's totem yet he uses
another person's totem himself. Makes no sense at all if it was real. I can't see it any other way anymore. For me, the "all a dream" explanation holds best.
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2010, 02:21:13 PM »

Ever considered that maybe things were "skipped" because... It was all a dream and "it's only after you wake up you notice the inconsistencies". That is, when you walk out of the theater.

IMO, everything was spelled out in the movie. You just had to apply the information. The science of the whole dream sharing stuff was almost completely overlooked unlike in The Matrix for example, where you somewhat understood how the unplugging went. On the top level lots of stuff was as inconsistent as in the deeper levels but just a bit more subtle. Like the whole totem thing. Cobb says never to even touch another's totem yet he uses
another person's totem himself. Makes no sense at all if it was real. I can't see it any other way anymore. For me, the "all a dream" explanation holds best.

I believe the film was set in a world where invading dreams was a reality. I do not believe that the film was all a dream.
Genesis
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2010, 01:21:58 AM »

^ Correct. It is set in a future where people can share dreams via that suitcase thingamajig. The whole movie is not a dream.

Fuck 'Em All.
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2010, 11:34:40 AM »

The problem with the end of Inception is that it doesn't matter if the top stopped spinning or not - it didn't actually belong to Leonardo's character. It belonged to his wife, and he explains (and you see it) that he took it out of her safe.

People are arguing that the beginning of the movie and the reality that you think they're all in is yet another dream level. There's lots of hints... Leonardo was spinning the top in the bathroom to check, and he was interrupted so we're not certain. Plus, they go down to that place where people go to wake up from their dreams to get back to reality - and the owner of that place for no reason says to Leonardo "you should know". Also, Michael Caine, his father-in-law, emphasises to him to "get back to reality".

To put it this way: The idea that Michael Caine's character, his father-in-law, and that student chick are trying to wake him out of his dream where he's planning that whole mission, is a plausible one.

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: