Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 04:10:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227798 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  2010 Fantasy football
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2010 Fantasy football  (Read 27413 times)
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« on: August 18, 2010, 09:31:33 PM »

Since it IS a new season.  I re-published the league this morning.  I see D signed up and some of the guys from www.gnrevolution.com.  Not sure on some of the teams.  Identify yourself if you could.  I'll adjust the divisions based on HTGTH members and GNRevo members once everyone is signed up.  IF it's close to an even number on both sides.  They had us by 2 teams last year and they have a couple more guys interested this season, so I may have to split the divisions some other way.  I made a change to the waiver wire system as I had set it incorrectly last season and was unable to change it once the season got underway.

I THINK this is the best option.  Let me know what you think.  Once again, guys who are free agents would automatically be put on waivers once the games get underway on Sunday and teams could put claims in on guys through Tuesday.  I think it's the most fair way, so it's not based on who gets to the computer first to pick up the hottest waiver wire pickups.  But you have to remember you can't pick up any players once the games get underway, so make sure you have guys you want to use on your roster before the games begin.

- Weekly rolling list based on standings: waiver claims are processed in reverse order of standings and each successful claim moves a manager to the end of the waiver priority list
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 09:33:17 PM by faldor » Logged

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
gilee7
VIP

'09 & '14 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champion

« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2010, 02:13:47 AM »

I just signed up. Same team name as always (Estranged Eagles). Now it's time to defend my championship!!!!

Here Today . . .
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2010, 08:15:43 AM »

Yeah, you did go on quite the run in the playoffs I remember.  I pretty much dominated the regular season and then you bitch slapped me (Mr. Brownstone) in the semi-finals.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
gilee7
VIP

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2010, 02:57:43 AM »

Yeah, you did go on quite the run in the playoffs I remember.  I pretty much dominated the regular season and then you bitch slapped me (Mr. Brownstone) in the semi-finals.

I know what that feeling's like, too, though. I had Brady the first year we did this league together, the season he went ballistic and shattered every passing record. I think I only lost two games during the regular season, thought the championship was mine, then lost my first playoff game thanks to Brady's terrible performance against Miami (or was it the Jets? I can't remember).

Here Today . . .
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2010, 08:52:08 AM »

Yeah it's real hard to win both the regular season AND the playoffs in fantasy sports.  Rarely happens.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2010, 04:55:11 PM »

so am i reppin GNRevo this game?

either way im cool

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2010, 11:01:51 PM »

so am i reppin GNRevo this game?

either way im cool

We'll have to see how the numbers stack up.  As of now, they're just randomly putting teams in the 2 divisions.  I can mix things up when the league gets filled, or closer to it.  You'll probably be back in the HTGTH division, if we even have enough guys from this site to compete with them.  They outnumber us, if it's by too much I'll have to figure out another way to divide the teams.

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2010, 09:37:57 PM »

Looks like we have the same 6 teams for the HTGTH group this year so far.  Not sure which side Zed's Dead falls on.  I'm guessing GNRevo, but correct me if I'm wrong.

Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2010, 10:46:57 AM »

Draft is tonight right??

We all set?
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2010, 10:54:04 AM »

Yeah, the divisions are set.  Same as last year, 6 from HTGTH and 8 from GNRevo.

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2010, 12:45:08 AM »

Axl4Prez, what's the deal with Percy Harvin?  Any news on that front?  I took him in 2 drafts so far. 

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2010, 08:55:17 PM »

Axl4Prez, what's the deal with Percy Harvin?  Any news on that front?  I took him in 2 drafts so far. 

Hey man.  Here's the latest...they're being pretty guarded about the whole thing. 
http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/Percy_Harvin_John_Sullivan_in_uniform_but_not_starters_against_Seattle

My guess is Harvin does well once the season starts...he may miss a couple games during the season, but overall he'll be successful.
Get that man some medicinal marijuana. Smiley

btw, thx for setting up the football league once again.  I had a lot of fun...even with the negative dude I chatted with towards the end from that other site...the "Can it Get any Worse" dude.  Smiley

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2010, 12:04:21 AM »

Hey man.  Here's the latest...they're being pretty guarded about the whole thing. 
http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/Percy_Harvin_John_Sullivan_in_uniform_but_not_starters_against_Seattle

My guess is Harvin does well once the season starts...he may miss a couple games during the season, but overall he'll be successful.
Get that man some medicinal marijuana. Smiley

btw, thx for setting up the football league once again.  I had a lot of fun...even with the negative dude I chatted with towards the end from that other site...the "Can it Get any Worse" dude.  Smiley

Yeah I meant to mention.  I liked you response to the "say hi to jarmo" after you said you'd have to go to HTGTH to check on the Leeds updates.  "Of course if I wanted to check on feminine hygiene products, I'd go to GNRevo".  That was classic.  I couldn't join in on the chat that night, but I got a chuckle out of that.  Of course, I post over there quite a bit so I don't condone such statements, but it was funny.  And yeah, "Can It Get Any Worse" is a bit negative, though he'd call it being realistic I'm sure.  He seems like a good guy outside of his harshness though.

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2010, 10:43:27 PM »

I had my 3rd, and looks like final, fantasy draft last night.  Overall I'm pretty pleased with my team.  I had the 4th pick and ended up with MJD, as Brees was taken 3rd.  QB's were taken mad early as a result of that, so that's where one of the big question marks with my team lies.  I ended up taking Kevin Kolb after the cream of the crop were all gone.  You never know with a guy who's entering his first year as a starter.  And to top it off I didn't draft a backup, when I probably should've taken a guy like McNabb, who was available late.  Mistake on my part?  There are still SOME guys that went undrafted, Henne, Campbell, Garrard, Hasselbeck, V. Young, Cassel, A. Smith, Freeman.  Any thoughts?

gilee7
VIP

« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2010, 12:08:37 AM »

I had my 3rd, and looks like final, fantasy draft last night.  Overall I'm pretty pleased with my team.  I had the 4th pick and ended up with MJD, as Brees was taken 3rd.  QB's were taken mad early as a result of that, so that's where one of the big question marks with my team lies.  I ended up taking Kevin Kolb after the cream of the crop were all gone.  You never know with a guy who's entering his first year as a starter.  And to top it off I didn't draft a backup, when I probably should've taken a guy like McNabb, who was available late.  Mistake on my part?  There are still SOME guys that went undrafted, Henne, Campbell, Garrard, Hasselbeck, V. Young, Cassel, A. Smith, Freeman.  Any thoughts?

I don't think Kevin Kolb is fantasy starter material. Everyone seems to think that he's going to come in and be just as good if not better than McNabb, and that the Eagles will continue to score a lot of points. Kolb certainly has a lot of weapons around him, so there's definitely potential . . . but I have zero faith in him. He wasn't very impressive this preseason and never did lead his team to a TD. The Eagles always seem to have poor play-calling in the redzone, and I also think Reid's going to use Vick a lot more in those situations this year. Kolb's had one good game so far in his career. He hasn't played a very good defense yet, and we've yet to see how teams gameplan for him and how he adjusts. Also, how good can he take a hit? Way too many questions for a fantasy starter.

Of course, I'm still bitter about the McNabb trade, so maybe I'm overly biased.

In all honesty, though, I could see Henne, Campbell, Garrard, Hasselbeck, Young and Smith having better stats this season---- particularly Henne, whom I like a lot this year now that he has Marshall. I think he has a chance of leaping into the top-ten of fantasy QBs this season. I'd pick him up if I were you.

Here Today . . .
gilee7
VIP

« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2010, 12:28:12 AM »

BTW, how's everyone feel about their teams in the GNR league?? I think everyone was more concerned about the concert than the draft that night.

I'm happy to have Rivers, and I like my WRs .... but my RB situation definitely worries me, and I'm already open to any trades to get better at the position. I have Mendenhall, who should have a good year; he'll get plenty of opportunities, at least. But my other RBs are Michael Bush, Forsett, Sproles, and Larry Johnson. Not a great group. I liked M. Bush's potential, but now he's got the thumb injury which may cause him to miss a few games. Forsett is probably going to be in a time share; Sproles breaks a couple nice plays here and there, but you can't exactly rely on the guy. And Larry Johnson, well . . . his tank is pretty much on empty.

I like D's team alot, especially if Forte has a bounce-back season, which I think he will. Overfloater has a pretty solid team, as well.

Here Today . . .
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2010, 08:43:28 AM »

BTW, how's everyone feel about their teams in the GNR league?? I think everyone was more concerned about the concert than the draft that night.

I'm happy to have Rivers, and I like my WRs .... but my RB situation definitely worries me, and I'm already open to any trades to get better at the position. I have Mendenhall, who should have a good year; he'll get plenty of opportunities, at least. But my other RBs are Michael Bush, Forsett, Sproles, and Larry Johnson. Not a great group. I liked M. Bush's potential, but now he's got the thumb injury which may cause him to miss a few games. Forsett is probably going to be in a time share; Sproles breaks a couple nice plays here and there, but you can't exactly rely on the guy. And Larry Johnson, well . . . his tank is pretty much on empty.

I like D's team alot, especially if Forte has a bounce-back season, which I think he will. Overfloater has a pretty solid team, as well.
Yeah I liked Bush a lot too until I read about that thumb injury.  I drafted him anyway in my 3rd draft, then I took McFadden just in case.  Though he'd be my first choice to drop to pick up a QB (Henne).  I like Forsett a lot, but from everything I've read he's not an every down back.  Though there aren't many of those out there these days.  I think he's the best back in Seattle, so he should do fine.

I also took Forte in my 3rd draft, so I too am hoping for a bounce back year for him.  I like my team in our league the best of the 3 I drafted, but we'll see.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2010, 09:27:25 AM »

i haven't faired well at all in our HTGTH leagues.. seems ive always caught an injury or i made a bad trade or someone "lendale White" just totally turned into a bust.

i like my team but fantasy.. u never know.

i was in a league last year where i was the 2nd highest scorer.... missed the playoffs finishing 7th... seems i got the hot man every week who would have a player just go nuts.

missed the playoffs in this league last year thanks to a tiebreak. .UGH!

Neemo
Legend

« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2010, 01:53:55 PM »

my whole team is up for trade....make me some offers

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2010, 03:15:49 PM »

Damn if i had kept starting McFadden and not gotten 'cute" putting Forte in.. I'd be 3-0 and rolling

Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: