Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 12:30:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227808 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  2010 Fantasy football
Pages: 1 2 3 [All] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2010 Fantasy football  (Read 27427 times)
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« on: August 18, 2010, 09:31:33 PM »

Since it IS a new season.  I re-published the league this morning.  I see D signed up and some of the guys from www.gnrevolution.com.  Not sure on some of the teams.  Identify yourself if you could.  I'll adjust the divisions based on HTGTH members and GNRevo members once everyone is signed up.  IF it's close to an even number on both sides.  They had us by 2 teams last year and they have a couple more guys interested this season, so I may have to split the divisions some other way.  I made a change to the waiver wire system as I had set it incorrectly last season and was unable to change it once the season got underway.

I THINK this is the best option.  Let me know what you think.  Once again, guys who are free agents would automatically be put on waivers once the games get underway on Sunday and teams could put claims in on guys through Tuesday.  I think it's the most fair way, so it's not based on who gets to the computer first to pick up the hottest waiver wire pickups.  But you have to remember you can't pick up any players once the games get underway, so make sure you have guys you want to use on your roster before the games begin.

- Weekly rolling list based on standings: waiver claims are processed in reverse order of standings and each successful claim moves a manager to the end of the waiver priority list
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 09:33:17 PM by faldor » Logged

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
gilee7
VIP

'09 & '14 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champion

« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2010, 02:13:47 AM »

I just signed up. Same team name as always (Estranged Eagles). Now it's time to defend my championship!!!!

Here Today . . .
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2010, 08:15:43 AM »

Yeah, you did go on quite the run in the playoffs I remember.  I pretty much dominated the regular season and then you bitch slapped me (Mr. Brownstone) in the semi-finals.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
gilee7
VIP

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2010, 02:57:43 AM »

Yeah, you did go on quite the run in the playoffs I remember.  I pretty much dominated the regular season and then you bitch slapped me (Mr. Brownstone) in the semi-finals.

I know what that feeling's like, too, though. I had Brady the first year we did this league together, the season he went ballistic and shattered every passing record. I think I only lost two games during the regular season, thought the championship was mine, then lost my first playoff game thanks to Brady's terrible performance against Miami (or was it the Jets? I can't remember).

Here Today . . .
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2010, 08:52:08 AM »

Yeah it's real hard to win both the regular season AND the playoffs in fantasy sports.  Rarely happens.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2010, 04:55:11 PM »

so am i reppin GNRevo this game?

either way im cool

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2010, 11:01:51 PM »

so am i reppin GNRevo this game?

either way im cool

We'll have to see how the numbers stack up.  As of now, they're just randomly putting teams in the 2 divisions.  I can mix things up when the league gets filled, or closer to it.  You'll probably be back in the HTGTH division, if we even have enough guys from this site to compete with them.  They outnumber us, if it's by too much I'll have to figure out another way to divide the teams.

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2010, 09:37:57 PM »

Looks like we have the same 6 teams for the HTGTH group this year so far.  Not sure which side Zed's Dead falls on.  I'm guessing GNRevo, but correct me if I'm wrong.

Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2010, 10:46:57 AM »

Draft is tonight right??

We all set?
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2010, 10:54:04 AM »

Yeah, the divisions are set.  Same as last year, 6 from HTGTH and 8 from GNRevo.

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2010, 12:45:08 AM »

Axl4Prez, what's the deal with Percy Harvin?  Any news on that front?  I took him in 2 drafts so far. 

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2010, 08:55:17 PM »

Axl4Prez, what's the deal with Percy Harvin?  Any news on that front?  I took him in 2 drafts so far. 

Hey man.  Here's the latest...they're being pretty guarded about the whole thing. 
http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/Percy_Harvin_John_Sullivan_in_uniform_but_not_starters_against_Seattle

My guess is Harvin does well once the season starts...he may miss a couple games during the season, but overall he'll be successful.
Get that man some medicinal marijuana. Smiley

btw, thx for setting up the football league once again.  I had a lot of fun...even with the negative dude I chatted with towards the end from that other site...the "Can it Get any Worse" dude.  Smiley

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2010, 12:04:21 AM »

Hey man.  Here's the latest...they're being pretty guarded about the whole thing. 
http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/Percy_Harvin_John_Sullivan_in_uniform_but_not_starters_against_Seattle

My guess is Harvin does well once the season starts...he may miss a couple games during the season, but overall he'll be successful.
Get that man some medicinal marijuana. Smiley

btw, thx for setting up the football league once again.  I had a lot of fun...even with the negative dude I chatted with towards the end from that other site...the "Can it Get any Worse" dude.  Smiley

Yeah I meant to mention.  I liked you response to the "say hi to jarmo" after you said you'd have to go to HTGTH to check on the Leeds updates.  "Of course if I wanted to check on feminine hygiene products, I'd go to GNRevo".  That was classic.  I couldn't join in on the chat that night, but I got a chuckle out of that.  Of course, I post over there quite a bit so I don't condone such statements, but it was funny.  And yeah, "Can It Get Any Worse" is a bit negative, though he'd call it being realistic I'm sure.  He seems like a good guy outside of his harshness though.

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2010, 10:43:27 PM »

I had my 3rd, and looks like final, fantasy draft last night.  Overall I'm pretty pleased with my team.  I had the 4th pick and ended up with MJD, as Brees was taken 3rd.  QB's were taken mad early as a result of that, so that's where one of the big question marks with my team lies.  I ended up taking Kevin Kolb after the cream of the crop were all gone.  You never know with a guy who's entering his first year as a starter.  And to top it off I didn't draft a backup, when I probably should've taken a guy like McNabb, who was available late.  Mistake on my part?  There are still SOME guys that went undrafted, Henne, Campbell, Garrard, Hasselbeck, V. Young, Cassel, A. Smith, Freeman.  Any thoughts?

gilee7
VIP

« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2010, 12:08:37 AM »

I had my 3rd, and looks like final, fantasy draft last night.  Overall I'm pretty pleased with my team.  I had the 4th pick and ended up with MJD, as Brees was taken 3rd.  QB's were taken mad early as a result of that, so that's where one of the big question marks with my team lies.  I ended up taking Kevin Kolb after the cream of the crop were all gone.  You never know with a guy who's entering his first year as a starter.  And to top it off I didn't draft a backup, when I probably should've taken a guy like McNabb, who was available late.  Mistake on my part?  There are still SOME guys that went undrafted, Henne, Campbell, Garrard, Hasselbeck, V. Young, Cassel, A. Smith, Freeman.  Any thoughts?

I don't think Kevin Kolb is fantasy starter material. Everyone seems to think that he's going to come in and be just as good if not better than McNabb, and that the Eagles will continue to score a lot of points. Kolb certainly has a lot of weapons around him, so there's definitely potential . . . but I have zero faith in him. He wasn't very impressive this preseason and never did lead his team to a TD. The Eagles always seem to have poor play-calling in the redzone, and I also think Reid's going to use Vick a lot more in those situations this year. Kolb's had one good game so far in his career. He hasn't played a very good defense yet, and we've yet to see how teams gameplan for him and how he adjusts. Also, how good can he take a hit? Way too many questions for a fantasy starter.

Of course, I'm still bitter about the McNabb trade, so maybe I'm overly biased.

In all honesty, though, I could see Henne, Campbell, Garrard, Hasselbeck, Young and Smith having better stats this season---- particularly Henne, whom I like a lot this year now that he has Marshall. I think he has a chance of leaping into the top-ten of fantasy QBs this season. I'd pick him up if I were you.

Here Today . . .
gilee7
VIP

« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2010, 12:28:12 AM »

BTW, how's everyone feel about their teams in the GNR league?? I think everyone was more concerned about the concert than the draft that night.

I'm happy to have Rivers, and I like my WRs .... but my RB situation definitely worries me, and I'm already open to any trades to get better at the position. I have Mendenhall, who should have a good year; he'll get plenty of opportunities, at least. But my other RBs are Michael Bush, Forsett, Sproles, and Larry Johnson. Not a great group. I liked M. Bush's potential, but now he's got the thumb injury which may cause him to miss a few games. Forsett is probably going to be in a time share; Sproles breaks a couple nice plays here and there, but you can't exactly rely on the guy. And Larry Johnson, well . . . his tank is pretty much on empty.

I like D's team alot, especially if Forte has a bounce-back season, which I think he will. Overfloater has a pretty solid team, as well.

Here Today . . .
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2010, 08:43:28 AM »

BTW, how's everyone feel about their teams in the GNR league?? I think everyone was more concerned about the concert than the draft that night.

I'm happy to have Rivers, and I like my WRs .... but my RB situation definitely worries me, and I'm already open to any trades to get better at the position. I have Mendenhall, who should have a good year; he'll get plenty of opportunities, at least. But my other RBs are Michael Bush, Forsett, Sproles, and Larry Johnson. Not a great group. I liked M. Bush's potential, but now he's got the thumb injury which may cause him to miss a few games. Forsett is probably going to be in a time share; Sproles breaks a couple nice plays here and there, but you can't exactly rely on the guy. And Larry Johnson, well . . . his tank is pretty much on empty.

I like D's team alot, especially if Forte has a bounce-back season, which I think he will. Overfloater has a pretty solid team, as well.
Yeah I liked Bush a lot too until I read about that thumb injury.  I drafted him anyway in my 3rd draft, then I took McFadden just in case.  Though he'd be my first choice to drop to pick up a QB (Henne).  I like Forsett a lot, but from everything I've read he's not an every down back.  Though there aren't many of those out there these days.  I think he's the best back in Seattle, so he should do fine.

I also took Forte in my 3rd draft, so I too am hoping for a bounce back year for him.  I like my team in our league the best of the 3 I drafted, but we'll see.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2010, 09:27:25 AM »

i haven't faired well at all in our HTGTH leagues.. seems ive always caught an injury or i made a bad trade or someone "lendale White" just totally turned into a bust.

i like my team but fantasy.. u never know.

i was in a league last year where i was the 2nd highest scorer.... missed the playoffs finishing 7th... seems i got the hot man every week who would have a player just go nuts.

missed the playoffs in this league last year thanks to a tiebreak. .UGH!

Neemo
Legend

« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2010, 01:53:55 PM »

my whole team is up for trade....make me some offers

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2010, 03:15:49 PM »

Damn if i had kept starting McFadden and not gotten 'cute" putting Forte in.. I'd be 3-0 and rolling

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2010, 04:31:38 PM »

On another team I have MJD, Forte,  and McFadden and I haven't started Darren yet.  Luckily it didn't hurt me this week. McFadden has a tougher matchup this week, but he's playing the best so it's a tough decision.

Neemo
Legend

« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2010, 11:43:05 AM »

I have Bradford and Brees...i'm entertaining offers, and looking for RB's and/or WR's

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2010, 05:49:54 PM »

IN my money keeper league i took over a team 2 years ago that was terrible:
my keepers i was left with from a 4-13 were Brandon Marshall,Greg Jennings and Darren McFadden

I traded McFadden for DeAngelo Williams before last season

I ended up going 7-10 which a 3 game increase was good

The offseason the commissioner added PPR *points per reception* so WR's became more valuable.

I traded Brandon Marshall for Tom Brady and my keepers coming into this season were Tom Brady,Myles Austin and DeAngelo Williams.

My Goal this season isn't to win necessarily but to end the year with three awesome keepers so i can compete in every future game.

Right now, I am sitting at 3-1 having hit on Darren McFadden in like round 11, Austin Collie off the FA wire.

I traded DeAngelo Williams straight up for Anquain Boldin and I moved Steve Smith And Dez Bryant for Stephen Jackson last week

so going into next season I am fucking golden

I plan on keeping Myles Austin,Stephen Jackson and Anquain Boldin

its a ten team league, we pay 200 dollars each.

so i got a shot this year, i grabbed Brandon Tate and Davone Bess plus i hit on Mike Vick week 1 so if he keeps it up losing Moss' value on Brady won't hurt me.

gilee7
VIP

« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2010, 02:53:40 AM »

I have Bradford and Brees...i'm entertaining offers, and looking for RB's and/or WR's

I got your inquiry about Michael Bush, and I meant to respond to it but never did. Truth is, I have no interest in trading him at the moment. McFadden is very injury prone (he's already got a hamstring issue, which will probably linger throughout the season) and I was really high on Bush before the season, so I'd like to hang on to him. At least for now.

Here Today . . .
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2010, 07:22:21 PM »

I got your inquiry about Michael Bush, and I meant to respond to it but never did. Truth is, I have no interest in trading him at the moment. McFadden is very injury prone (he's already got a hamstring issue, which will probably linger throughout the season) and I was really high on Bush before the season, so I'd like to hang on to him. At least for now.
I made the mistake of dropping Bush in another league, in which I have McFadden.  The only reason I dropped him is a) because Darren was playing so well, and b) fellow Raider Louis Murphy was questionable last week so I picked up Devone Bess just in case.  Turns out Murphy was good to go, so I started him.  Though he only one catch for five yards, while Bess had 96 yards and a TD.  Luckily I won my matchup anyway and didn't need those points, but Bush was grabbed off the waiver wire so I no longer have insurance for McFadden and am down to 2 healthy RB's in MJD and Forte.

gilee7
VIP

« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2010, 04:40:58 AM »

I made the mistake of dropping Bush in another league, in which I have McFadden.  The only reason I dropped him is a) because Darren was playing so well, and b) fellow Raider Louis Murphy was questionable last week so I picked up Devone Bess just in case.  Turns out Murphy was good to go, so I started him.  Though he only one catch for five yards, while Bess had 96 yards and a TD.  Luckily I won my matchup anyway and didn't need those points, but Bush was grabbed off the waiver wire so I no longer have insurance for McFadden and am down to 2 healthy RB's in MJD and Forte.

I have a special place in my heart now for Davone Bess. Last weekend, in the league I do every year with my friends, I was going against a guy who was 3-0. He and I don't get along too well in real life because he's kinda of a dickhead, but he's friends with my friends so unfortunately I have to tolerate him from time to time. Beating him is always a little more special, but going into the Monday night I was losing by 8 points. I still had Bess to play, but he had Marshall, so I figured there was no chance I'd pull off the comeback. But sure enough, I did it, all thanks to Bess and your Pats' D making Marshall pretty much a non-factor.

Here Today . . .
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2010, 05:42:10 PM »

Yeah Bess is pretty good, especially against the Pats.  But I have Marshall as well on that same team, so I can't see myself starting 2 Dolphin WR unless I'm in desperate measures.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2010, 07:33:11 PM »

in our HTGTH league i start Marshall and Bess

Figure i got a shot at pts every time the ball goes up in the air.

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2010, 10:47:47 PM »

The Battle for 1st in the HTGTH division is ON!  May the best man win. 
Natalie Portman vs. Appetite for D.

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2010, 02:11:55 PM »

makes me even more mad i sit mcfadden that one week or id be 5-0 and id have a nice small cushion.

this week is critical. i missed the playoffs last year due to a tiebreak.

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2010, 08:13:04 PM »

Looking for recommendations for my $ league.

qb
concussed Rodgers or Orton.
(I'm leaning Orton)

wr
desean jackson or crabtree colston (pick 2)
(I'm leaning Crabtree and Colston)

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2010, 08:27:10 PM »

yikes you're hurtin @ wideout

i know i had both colston and crabtree in our league :haha:

yeah i'm pretty much fucked...0-5 holy crap...just gonna try to roll with as many pats (my team) as i can grab for the rest of the season...maybe I'll get lucky and win a couple, i dunno what happened this year just unlucky draws i suppose, 2nd last in points for and most points scored against me, wasnt quite prepared for the draft i suppose, in previous years i bought the Yahoo fantasy guide...didnt do that this year...ah well theres always next Smiley

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2010, 11:07:22 PM »

Yeah Neemo, sometimes its the unluck of the draw. I was in a league last year. finished 2nd in overall pts scored but finished a whopping 7th!!!!!!!!! Seemed I'd score 2nd highest pts every week but unluckily get the top scoring guy every week.

Prez

Orton against the Jets but Revis probably won't play and the Jets are on a short week having played Mon night. Orton is one of the top fantasy QB's this year. I'd go with him.

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2010, 11:43:19 PM »

Yeah Neemo, sometimes its the unluck of the draw. I was in a league last year. finished 2nd in overall pts scored but finished a whopping 7th!!!!!!!!! Seemed I'd score 2nd highest pts every week but unluckily get the top scoring guy every week.

Prez

Orton against the Jets but Revis probably won't play and the Jets are on a short week having played Mon night. Orton is one of the top fantasy QB's this year. I'd go with him.

D, exactly my thoughts on why I'm leaning Orton.  Not to mention the fact the Jets may not be taking Denver seriously.  Plus, Denver aint gonna be running the ball...and if they did, I don't see it being effective.

...and yes Neemo, my wideouts have been stinkin'.  Thankfully, DeSean had 2 monster weeks in there and I haven't started Crabtree yet.  Now that it looks like he's emerged, I'm getting him in there for DeSean as Kolb doesn't seem to feature him, and the Falcons don't allow big wr plays from what I've heard.

luckily, I'm 4-1 in that league as I do have Rodgers and my rb's are studs, Arian Foster, Mendenhall, Steven Jackson, and throw in Michael Bush and Green-Ellis.

btw, my 1st loss last week, I got blown out.  I would rather be blown out than lose by a stinking point.  Those are the worst!

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #34 on: October 14, 2010, 11:46:35 PM »

Prez

is Danny Amendola available? i picked him up last week got 12 catches and almost 100 yds

Clayton out for season

gilee7
VIP

« Reply #35 on: October 15, 2010, 06:48:39 AM »

Hey now, I take offense to that statement. It's quite possible that I could be first in the division if you beat D, all depending on how many points we score. I've got you by 10 so far.

Here Today . . .
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #36 on: October 16, 2010, 09:06:58 PM »

Prez

is Danny Amendola available? i picked him up last week got 12 catches and almost 100 yds

Clayton out for season

My $ league team is pretty darn good for a 12-team dynasty league.
Rodgers, Orton, Stafford (k)
Mendenhall (k), S. Jax (k), A. Foster (k), M. Bush, B. Green-Ellis
D. Jax, M. Crabtree (k), M. Colston (k), D. Bryant, D. Thomas (k)
B. Celek, J. Carlson
D. Buehler
Vikings D, Dolphins D

(k) is for keeper.  my dynasty league is an auction draft league with a salary cap.  drafted players can be signed to multi-year deals up to 5 seasons...but, keeper players' salaries are on automatically escalating salaries, AND, there's a % cap penalty on teams that drop a keeper (for every season he is cut from on his contract), AND a stud tax.  The stud tax helps keep things fair for example when a guy nabbed Chris Johnson at the end of the draft in his rookie season for $1...all players landing in the top-5 at their position at the end of the season, if keepers, get their salaries jacked up to equal the average of the 4th highest paid out of the 5 best players at the position.

Fun (but a little complicated) stuff. Smiley

btw, Gilee, how could I have missed that?  Good luck.  As long as we're all in the playoffs, that's all that matters.  Smiley

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #37 on: October 17, 2010, 10:51:06 AM »

what an ama zingly close projection today between appetite for D and Natalie Portman

less that a point difference

in my PPR money league I gotta start 2 of the three

Austin Collie
Danny Amendola
Davone Bess

Collie seems to be a no brainer as he has tore shit up consistently, he practiced yesterday and foot seems better
Amendola is a PPR monster so far, but with CLayton out, i worry he will get more attention thus less catches
Bess is a wildcard. He hasn't done as well on the road but with GB depleted with injury and Woodson on Marshall all game.. seems to me, bess will get lots of targets.. could have a big day

I also have Brandon tate, but i gotta see something first. I am 4-1 in my money league and am playing a 3-2 guy, so no ability to take chances today.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #38 on: October 19, 2010, 08:38:47 PM »

Would i be nuts trading Miles Austin for Rashard Mendenhaal?

its PPR 1 pt per reception

Miles has had 3 30 pt weeks.. but he has had 2 under 5pt weeks
Mendenhaal is a consistent 15-20 per week

Also its a keeper league, so im thinking Dallas have so many weapons, Dez Bryant will become more and more featured which will take targets away from Miles, they still have the running backs...

gilee7
VIP

« Reply #39 on: October 20, 2010, 10:25:38 AM »

Would i be nuts trading Miles Austin for Rashard Mendenhaal?

its PPR 1 pt per reception

Miles has had 3 30 pt weeks.. but he has had 2 under 5pt weeks
Mendenhaal is a consistent 15-20 per week

Also its a keeper league, so im thinking Dallas have so many weapons, Dez Bryant will become more and more featured which will take targets away from Miles, they still have the running backs...

I guess it depends on who your other RBs and WRs are. I definitely think it's a good trade, though. Mendenhall was usually taken before Austin in drafts anyway, and he's one of the few RBs who isn't in some kind of time share.

Here Today . . .
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #40 on: October 21, 2010, 10:11:36 PM »

we keep 3 offense and 1 defense

so my offensive keepers right now would be

Miles Austin
Stephen Jackson
Anquain Boldin

I traded Dez and Steve Smith NYG for Jackson
traded Deangelo for Boldin

so i was thinknig going forward having keepers  Mendenhaal,Jackson,Boldin

PPR makes Austin very valuable though. just thinking next year and beyond.. Dallas may go back to run game and then that limits Myles catches.

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #41 on: October 22, 2010, 12:57:04 AM »

How many WR, RB, and/or flex spots are there?  For a long while RB's were the way to go and they got you the most points.  But in this day and age with the emphasis on the passing game and most teams going with RB back committee types, WR's tend to be more valuable and consistent.  For that reason I'd tend to lean towards Austin.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #42 on: October 22, 2010, 05:00:11 AM »

We do 1 RB, 1 WR and 3 Flex

I'm 4-2 at the moment

my team right now looks like:

QB: Brady/Vick
RB: S Jax,Darren McFadden,Danny Woodhead
WR: Miles Austin,Anquain Boldin,Austin Collie,Jabar Gaffney, Davone Bess,Danny Amendola
TE:Brent Celek, Benjamin Watson
K: Mike Nugent

we play individual defense, no team defense. 1pt each for solo and assist tackle
I got
Ray Lewis
Laron Landry
TJ Ward

I was on a roll till Mcfadden got injured and now Collie is out 3 weeks. not to mention Vick and now Moss is gone.. Brady isn't as valuable.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2010, 05:03:50 AM by D » Logged

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #43 on: October 22, 2010, 06:59:14 PM »

D, does it matter where your players were drafted?  If you've got 3 keepers, do you just not have a draft pick in the first 3 rounds?  Some leagues require you to keep the player, but sacrifice the round the player was drafted in.
Just curious as that would influence your decision.
I'd lean towards Mendenhall...but...
I don't believe Dallas is gonna abandon the pass.  No way no how.  Barber's got one foot in the grave and Felix is illustrating why he can't handle a full load (had to get an i.v. at halftime of the Vikes game, was vomiting, etc.)
PLUS, Miles Austin and a Dez Bryant who's going to be awesome...they are going to throw the ball....just how much is Dez gonna cut into Miles' numbers?
S-Jax looks better now as Bradford's panning out to be a good one.
I like your keepers.
Perhaps this fella might be willing to sweeten the pot.  Honestly, either way I don't see too much downside.  Like I said b4, I lean Mendenhall.

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #44 on: October 23, 2010, 06:32:05 AM »

everyone must keep 3 and the way we do it, we have 10 people.

worst record gets first pick, champion gets 10th pick and by record it goes in order from 1-10

first 3 rounds however, there is no SNAKE draft. snake begins in round 4.

with our 200 dollar entry fees, they do it that way so the rich don't get richer and people don't drop out.

i took over a shitty 4-13 team last year this guy abandoned and he left me with not much:

I've turned BrandonMarshall,Greg Jennings and Darren McFadden into Miles Austin,Stephen Jax and Anquain Boldin somehow.

Im looking big picture, and like you said, I think Dez is a superstar and will cut big time into Miles' looks. So i kinda want to sell Miles while he is super hot for Mendenhaal who is gonna consistently get me no worse than probably 15 a week.

I'm gonna sleep on it a couple weeks and see how Big Ben's return affects the running game. I thought of trying to get him to throw in Deion Branch.  I'm gonna reevaluate after this weekend.

gilee7
VIP

« Reply #45 on: December 17, 2010, 10:13:05 PM »

I just wanted to wish you good luck in fantasy this week, Faldor. I'm hoping you and I will meet in the championship next week, that way we can be guaranteed another HTGTH champ.

Here Today . . .
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #46 on: December 18, 2010, 02:32:25 AM »

I just wanted to wish you good luck in fantasy this week, Faldor. I'm hoping you and I will meet in the championship next week, that way we can be guaranteed another HTGTH champ.

Same to you.  The GNRevo guys seemed to have better records, but I think that was due to the unbalanced schedule.  They took advantage of the weaker teams in their division.  I cleaned up against them.  Didn't lose a game.  Then again, I didn't win any against HTGTH teams until late in the season.  I lost to you last year in the championship game if I recall.  I'd like a rematch.

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #47 on: December 22, 2010, 06:01:12 PM »

Gilee and Faldor, I love all your posts, but I've got to root for Faldor...his screen pic is AWESOME!   peace

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #48 on: December 22, 2010, 10:29:06 PM »

Thanks, but I got knocked off by 3 points in the semis.  All I needed was a damn FG from my kicker, but NO.  All he could muster were 2 PAT's.

So it's up to gilee.  Good luck.  Bring the trophy back to HTGTH.  The 2 division winners square off in the finals.  That's kind of rare for fantasy.

And I can't help staring at my screen pic either.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #49 on: January 07, 2011, 01:01:02 AM »

Damn my team collapsed. i think i lost 5 straight or something

injuries... i started wrong people here n there.

oh well

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #50 on: January 07, 2011, 09:25:11 AM »

I actually won my league, the first year I've ever played.

That shit is like crack, withdrawals were so bad last weekend I nearly had to check into Dr. Drew's...

In a playoff contest from this point on, the NFL has meaning once again.. yes

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #51 on: January 09, 2011, 03:54:11 AM »

oh me too.. this week has sucked not having my team.

I won 2nd in money league in just my 2nd year. pocketed 425 bucks!
First won 1500

i lost by 1 game........... gutted

Pages: 1 2 3 [All] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: