Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 08:46:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227808 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  2010 Fantasy football
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2010 Fantasy football  (Read 27425 times)
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2010, 04:31:38 PM »

On another team I have MJD, Forte,  and McFadden and I haven't started Darren yet.  Luckily it didn't hurt me this week. McFadden has a tougher matchup this week, but he's playing the best so it's a tough decision.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2010, 11:43:05 AM »

I have Bradford and Brees...i'm entertaining offers, and looking for RB's and/or WR's

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2010, 05:49:54 PM »

IN my money keeper league i took over a team 2 years ago that was terrible:
my keepers i was left with from a 4-13 were Brandon Marshall,Greg Jennings and Darren McFadden

I traded McFadden for DeAngelo Williams before last season

I ended up going 7-10 which a 3 game increase was good

The offseason the commissioner added PPR *points per reception* so WR's became more valuable.

I traded Brandon Marshall for Tom Brady and my keepers coming into this season were Tom Brady,Myles Austin and DeAngelo Williams.

My Goal this season isn't to win necessarily but to end the year with three awesome keepers so i can compete in every future game.

Right now, I am sitting at 3-1 having hit on Darren McFadden in like round 11, Austin Collie off the FA wire.

I traded DeAngelo Williams straight up for Anquain Boldin and I moved Steve Smith And Dez Bryant for Stephen Jackson last week

so going into next season I am fucking golden

I plan on keeping Myles Austin,Stephen Jackson and Anquain Boldin

its a ten team league, we pay 200 dollars each.

so i got a shot this year, i grabbed Brandon Tate and Davone Bess plus i hit on Mike Vick week 1 so if he keeps it up losing Moss' value on Brady won't hurt me.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
gilee7
VIP

'09 & '14 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champion

« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2010, 02:53:40 AM »

I have Bradford and Brees...i'm entertaining offers, and looking for RB's and/or WR's

I got your inquiry about Michael Bush, and I meant to respond to it but never did. Truth is, I have no interest in trading him at the moment. McFadden is very injury prone (he's already got a hamstring issue, which will probably linger throughout the season) and I was really high on Bush before the season, so I'd like to hang on to him. At least for now.

Here Today . . .
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2010, 07:22:21 PM »

I got your inquiry about Michael Bush, and I meant to respond to it but never did. Truth is, I have no interest in trading him at the moment. McFadden is very injury prone (he's already got a hamstring issue, which will probably linger throughout the season) and I was really high on Bush before the season, so I'd like to hang on to him. At least for now.
I made the mistake of dropping Bush in another league, in which I have McFadden.  The only reason I dropped him is a) because Darren was playing so well, and b) fellow Raider Louis Murphy was questionable last week so I picked up Devone Bess just in case.  Turns out Murphy was good to go, so I started him.  Though he only one catch for five yards, while Bess had 96 yards and a TD.  Luckily I won my matchup anyway and didn't need those points, but Bush was grabbed off the waiver wire so I no longer have insurance for McFadden and am down to 2 healthy RB's in MJD and Forte.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
gilee7
VIP

« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2010, 04:40:58 AM »

I made the mistake of dropping Bush in another league, in which I have McFadden.  The only reason I dropped him is a) because Darren was playing so well, and b) fellow Raider Louis Murphy was questionable last week so I picked up Devone Bess just in case.  Turns out Murphy was good to go, so I started him.  Though he only one catch for five yards, while Bess had 96 yards and a TD.  Luckily I won my matchup anyway and didn't need those points, but Bush was grabbed off the waiver wire so I no longer have insurance for McFadden and am down to 2 healthy RB's in MJD and Forte.

I have a special place in my heart now for Davone Bess. Last weekend, in the league I do every year with my friends, I was going against a guy who was 3-0. He and I don't get along too well in real life because he's kinda of a dickhead, but he's friends with my friends so unfortunately I have to tolerate him from time to time. Beating him is always a little more special, but going into the Monday night I was losing by 8 points. I still had Bess to play, but he had Marshall, so I figured there was no chance I'd pull off the comeback. But sure enough, I did it, all thanks to Bess and your Pats' D making Marshall pretty much a non-factor.

Here Today . . .
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2010, 05:42:10 PM »

Yeah Bess is pretty good, especially against the Pats.  But I have Marshall as well on that same team, so I can't see myself starting 2 Dolphin WR unless I'm in desperate measures.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2010, 07:33:11 PM »

in our HTGTH league i start Marshall and Bess

Figure i got a shot at pts every time the ball goes up in the air.

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2010, 10:47:47 PM »

The Battle for 1st in the HTGTH division is ON!  May the best man win. 
Natalie Portman vs. Appetite for D.

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2010, 02:11:55 PM »

makes me even more mad i sit mcfadden that one week or id be 5-0 and id have a nice small cushion.

this week is critical. i missed the playoffs last year due to a tiebreak.

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2010, 08:13:04 PM »

Looking for recommendations for my $ league.

qb
concussed Rodgers or Orton.
(I'm leaning Orton)

wr
desean jackson or crabtree colston (pick 2)
(I'm leaning Crabtree and Colston)

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2010, 08:27:10 PM »

yikes you're hurtin @ wideout

i know i had both colston and crabtree in our league :haha:

yeah i'm pretty much fucked...0-5 holy crap...just gonna try to roll with as many pats (my team) as i can grab for the rest of the season...maybe I'll get lucky and win a couple, i dunno what happened this year just unlucky draws i suppose, 2nd last in points for and most points scored against me, wasnt quite prepared for the draft i suppose, in previous years i bought the Yahoo fantasy guide...didnt do that this year...ah well theres always next Smiley

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2010, 11:07:22 PM »

Yeah Neemo, sometimes its the unluck of the draw. I was in a league last year. finished 2nd in overall pts scored but finished a whopping 7th!!!!!!!!! Seemed I'd score 2nd highest pts every week but unluckily get the top scoring guy every week.

Prez

Orton against the Jets but Revis probably won't play and the Jets are on a short week having played Mon night. Orton is one of the top fantasy QB's this year. I'd go with him.

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2010, 11:43:19 PM »

Yeah Neemo, sometimes its the unluck of the draw. I was in a league last year. finished 2nd in overall pts scored but finished a whopping 7th!!!!!!!!! Seemed I'd score 2nd highest pts every week but unluckily get the top scoring guy every week.

Prez

Orton against the Jets but Revis probably won't play and the Jets are on a short week having played Mon night. Orton is one of the top fantasy QB's this year. I'd go with him.

D, exactly my thoughts on why I'm leaning Orton.  Not to mention the fact the Jets may not be taking Denver seriously.  Plus, Denver aint gonna be running the ball...and if they did, I don't see it being effective.

...and yes Neemo, my wideouts have been stinkin'.  Thankfully, DeSean had 2 monster weeks in there and I haven't started Crabtree yet.  Now that it looks like he's emerged, I'm getting him in there for DeSean as Kolb doesn't seem to feature him, and the Falcons don't allow big wr plays from what I've heard.

luckily, I'm 4-1 in that league as I do have Rodgers and my rb's are studs, Arian Foster, Mendenhall, Steven Jackson, and throw in Michael Bush and Green-Ellis.

btw, my 1st loss last week, I got blown out.  I would rather be blown out than lose by a stinking point.  Those are the worst!

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #34 on: October 14, 2010, 11:46:35 PM »

Prez

is Danny Amendola available? i picked him up last week got 12 catches and almost 100 yds

Clayton out for season

gilee7
VIP

« Reply #35 on: October 15, 2010, 06:48:39 AM »

Hey now, I take offense to that statement. It's quite possible that I could be first in the division if you beat D, all depending on how many points we score. I've got you by 10 so far.

Here Today . . .
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #36 on: October 16, 2010, 09:06:58 PM »

Prez

is Danny Amendola available? i picked him up last week got 12 catches and almost 100 yds

Clayton out for season

My $ league team is pretty darn good for a 12-team dynasty league.
Rodgers, Orton, Stafford (k)
Mendenhall (k), S. Jax (k), A. Foster (k), M. Bush, B. Green-Ellis
D. Jax, M. Crabtree (k), M. Colston (k), D. Bryant, D. Thomas (k)
B. Celek, J. Carlson
D. Buehler
Vikings D, Dolphins D

(k) is for keeper.  my dynasty league is an auction draft league with a salary cap.  drafted players can be signed to multi-year deals up to 5 seasons...but, keeper players' salaries are on automatically escalating salaries, AND, there's a % cap penalty on teams that drop a keeper (for every season he is cut from on his contract), AND a stud tax.  The stud tax helps keep things fair for example when a guy nabbed Chris Johnson at the end of the draft in his rookie season for $1...all players landing in the top-5 at their position at the end of the season, if keepers, get their salaries jacked up to equal the average of the 4th highest paid out of the 5 best players at the position.

Fun (but a little complicated) stuff. Smiley

btw, Gilee, how could I have missed that?  Good luck.  As long as we're all in the playoffs, that's all that matters.  Smiley

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #37 on: October 17, 2010, 10:51:06 AM »

what an ama zingly close projection today between appetite for D and Natalie Portman

less that a point difference

in my PPR money league I gotta start 2 of the three

Austin Collie
Danny Amendola
Davone Bess

Collie seems to be a no brainer as he has tore shit up consistently, he practiced yesterday and foot seems better
Amendola is a PPR monster so far, but with CLayton out, i worry he will get more attention thus less catches
Bess is a wildcard. He hasn't done as well on the road but with GB depleted with injury and Woodson on Marshall all game.. seems to me, bess will get lots of targets.. could have a big day

I also have Brandon tate, but i gotta see something first. I am 4-1 in my money league and am playing a 3-2 guy, so no ability to take chances today.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #38 on: October 19, 2010, 08:38:47 PM »

Would i be nuts trading Miles Austin for Rashard Mendenhaal?

its PPR 1 pt per reception

Miles has had 3 30 pt weeks.. but he has had 2 under 5pt weeks
Mendenhaal is a consistent 15-20 per week

Also its a keeper league, so im thinking Dallas have so many weapons, Dez Bryant will become more and more featured which will take targets away from Miles, they still have the running backs...

gilee7
VIP

« Reply #39 on: October 20, 2010, 10:25:38 AM »

Would i be nuts trading Miles Austin for Rashard Mendenhaal?

its PPR 1 pt per reception

Miles has had 3 30 pt weeks.. but he has had 2 under 5pt weeks
Mendenhaal is a consistent 15-20 per week

Also its a keeper league, so im thinking Dallas have so many weapons, Dez Bryant will become more and more featured which will take targets away from Miles, they still have the running backs...

I guess it depends on who your other RBs and WRs are. I definitely think it's a good trade, though. Mendenhall was usually taken before Austin in drafts anyway, and he's one of the few RBs who isn't in some kind of time share.

Here Today . . .
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: