Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 05:36:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227808 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Adler's Appetite blew me away
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Adler's Appetite blew me away  (Read 4227 times)
Annie
« on: September 01, 2010, 03:03:15 PM »

I was sad to cancel my trip to the GNR performance at the Reading show for various reasons, but I received a great concillation prize. Instead of going to London, I went to the Seattle area to stay with Ms Axl and her family.

On my second night in town, there was an Adler's Appetite concert at a small venue in Everett. We were able to get front row center. We could have reached up and touched the guitar player's guitars and the lead singer's jeans. But we didn't want to be rude.

When Steven came out it was truly  a magical moment. He looked great, and he was so happy to be there. He had a look of pure rapture on his face, and he smiled throughout the whole concert. He was amazing. He trew drumsticks out to the crowd, and I was able to shake his hand twice. He told the crowd that he loved them, and he meant it. It was a little heartbreaking to hear his speech impairment from the stroke, but it certainly did not affect his drumming.

The lead singer Rick Stitch was totally hot and he did justice to the Appetite songs. When he was singing WTTJ, he looked straight at me when he sang "You're a very sexy girl." It takes so little to make me Happy.

Some people really like my Hello Kitty I love Heavy Metal tshirt. I felt a little pretentious when they asked me where I got it, and I said Paris, but the truth is the truth

Here is the irony of attending this concert. One of the reasons I cancelled the trip to England was my fear of getting hit in the head with a bottle. Throughout the show this guy kept hitting me on top of the head with his beer mug. He must have done that about a half a dozen times, but I was having so much fun looking at this guy on the side of the Stage who looked like Eric Northman from TRUEBLOOD with tattoos, that I just chilled.

I loved their new single ALIVE.

This band rocks. Go see them if you have a chance.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2010, 03:18:18 PM by Little EMO Annie » Logged
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2010, 03:56:46 PM »

HAHAHAH when u see the title on the main board page it says:

Adler's Appetite blew me

hahahahahahaha

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
svdv22
VIP

This is not a piano falling out of the sky

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2010, 05:21:29 PM »

hahahaha lol

Glad you had a great time though Smiley

Annie
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2010, 07:57:53 PM »

HAHAHAH when u see the title on the main board page it says:

Adler's Appetite blew me

hahahahahahaha

I am so NOT that girl. hihi
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2010, 07:59:01 PM »

+1 for 'Thread Title of the Year'.
Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2010, 08:12:59 PM »

That's cool Annie but let's face it...be unable to go to a GUNS N' ROSES concert and instead going to an Adler's Appetite one...i mean...it's not the best thing that could happen to you  hihi

Annie
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2010, 08:25:25 PM »

True that, but I did get to visit Forks! I had some really deep discussions about TRUEBLOOD with some of the people in the Dazzled by Twilight store. One guy i met, sent me a replica bottle of V, we were laughing that if V were a real drug, we would so totally do it. And I have never done drugs in my life.

I bought a bottle of TRUEBLOOD  and there was a guy who was even cuter than Robert Pattinson who was taking pictures with people for $10. We took a pic together holding the bottle of TRUEBLOOD. It is really funny and cute.

As for Adler's Appetite, I never would have gone to see them if I hadn't been in the Seattle area, but I was just amazed by their performance.

Hopefully I will get to see GNR at the Joint or Hammerstein Ballroom again someday.

I am so grateful for this board. I had a great time with Ms Axl and her family. They are like the Osbourne's in Seattle. We would have never met if I hadn't been a member of HTGTH. Alot of my friends thought I was stupid for going to stay with someone I knew online, and her daughter thought she should do a background check on me, but we had a great time.  Axlites are good people. ok
« Last Edit: September 01, 2010, 08:31:31 PM by Little EMO Annie » Logged
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2010, 08:32:46 PM »

AA didn't blow me.... when i saw them  Lips Sealed I only saw them because Slash was going to come and play with the band along with izzy and duff. left hom sad since i didn't get to see slash... but i must admit those two cokes i had that night where  drool
Trist805
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2010, 04:32:52 PM »

I saw them last night for the 3rd time.   It was really fun.   The whole crowd was into it.   Pretty good turnout for a place slightly outside of LA.   Adler was smiling the whole time, and was very upbeat.   Rick Stich may not be on Axl's level, vocally, but he has an amazing stage presence and did an awesome job and still sang really well.   It was a total party!  I brought a casual GNR fan and they really liked it too.  Got to hear Reckless Life, and they also changed the setlist up from the last times I saw them, no Civil War or KOHD or random covers but they replaced it with other stuff and originals.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2010, 04:36:28 PM by Trist805 » Logged
Annie
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2010, 06:01:31 PM »

What I liked about Rick Stitch was that he didn't try and be Axl. That being said, he rates an 8 or 9 on the Axl scale. hihi
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: