Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 15, 2024, 04:57:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228059 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Koran Burning
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Koran Burning  (Read 13294 times)
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« on: September 10, 2010, 12:19:47 AM »

A pastor in the US wants to burn copies of the Koran on 9/11 as a form of protest against terrorism (Now the plan has been put off I think).
What do you think?

Personally, I don't see the relevance. Burning the Koran will only anger a lot of Muslims, it's akin to burning the Bible. I think it's insulting and intolerant.
At the same time I don't think Muslims should be building a mosque close to Ground Zero either.

The world is going crazy.

Fuck 'Em All.
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2010, 01:15:17 AM »

Pale blue dot madness. 

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
nekomex
Rocker

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2010, 01:49:04 AM »

the dangerous thing its that is a Pastor who is thinking this. cant he see the irony? 

people giving bad use of the Koran (or just using it for an excuse) are the ones using it for terrorist acts, just creating hate.

and this pastor is using his position to insult an entire religion just creating more hate.

religious figures should try to create peace and understanding between religions, not hate.
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2010, 05:03:07 AM »

it's the usa. land of the free, home of the dumb

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
Annie
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2010, 08:33:53 AM »

He has called it off. Thank goodness.
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2010, 10:01:43 AM »

Burning the Koran will only anger a lot of Muslims, it's akin to burning the Bible.

It's equally everyone else's book, and people, in the name of those infertile tyrantgods have cause much harm on humans.

Like throwing rocks at women that are like Freyja

the dangerous thing its that is a Pastor who is thinking this. cant he see the irony? 

Just let him burn it, it's his book.
-There is a lot of opression and cruelty that should be demonstrated against.

If people let fear and terror rule we will loose the foundation of our very existence.

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2010, 02:36:54 PM »

No problem with building the mosque. Religious freedom, there are millions of Muslims in the USA and they have just as much right to build a place of worship as anyone else.

People forget that Islam isn't evil and Muslims aren't bad people. There are always crazies in every bunch, especially religion.

Burning the Qur'an is just as ridiculous as organized religion anyway so no idea how that accomplishes anything other than to show u are a fucking idiot

im gonna laugh with these religious idiots die and realize Allah is the true God and they just fucked themselves.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Rockin' Rose
VIP

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2010, 03:57:28 PM »

Burn a Koran, burn a Bible, I really don't care, it's just a book.

God/Allah ain't going to throw a lighting bolt at you. He sees beyond your faults and troubles in your mind. If you truly feel sorry for what you've done and ask for his forgivness, he'll give you that.

Na Naa Naa Naa Na Naa Naa...
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2010, 07:50:29 PM »

Why can't we just ban religion. God and Allah are just adult versions of Santa Claus

A tongue in cheek comment, but it is another reason for people to form tribes and kill each other.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2010, 08:10:44 PM by Mysteron » Logged
nekomex
Rocker

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2010, 02:04:41 AM »

Why can't we just ban religion. God and Allah are just adult versions of Santa Claus

A tongue in cheek comment, but it is another reason for people to form tribes and kill each other.

i wont discuss if God is real or not, but Religions dont make people go and kill each other nor does their belives in God makes them do that.

its humans that choose to use Religion as a pretext to kill each other, ban religion and then they will find another reason.

thats what i was trying to say in the last post, religious figures are the ones that should be talking about peace and understanding and trying to teach their followers into accepting others instead of hating others.  they should study their own religions and their philosofy before opening their mouth to create more problems, not interpreting the things like they want and using it for their own agenda.
Genesis
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2010, 02:05:12 AM »

im gonna laugh with these religious idiots die and realize Allah is the true God and they just fucked themselves.

Are you a closet Muslim? hihi

Fuck 'Em All.
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2010, 10:53:54 AM »

No problem with building the mosque.

But at that place?

there are millions of Muslims in the USA and they have just as much right to build a place of worship as anyone else.

I'll come to to the US and build a big, fat phallic lady above that mosque Grin

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
Rockin' Rose
VIP

« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2010, 11:29:48 AM »

A court interdict has been sought to stop a local man from burning bibles at the Library Gardens in Johannesburg. The man planned to burn the bibles as a protest against a plan by a US pastor to burn the Islamic holy book, the Koran.

http://www.citypress.co.za/SouthAfrica/News/Court-bid-to-stop-Bible-burning-in-Johannesburg-20100910

Na Naa Naa Naa Na Naa Naa...
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2010, 01:50:29 PM »

there are millions of Muslims in the USA and they have just as much right to build a place of worship as anyone else.

I'll come to to the US and build a big, fat phallic lady above that mosque Grin

There's already a strip club around the block (one block closer to Ground Zero).  So I've heard. 
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2010, 04:26:27 PM »

But at that place?

You have a problem with them building a holy center 2 blocks from ground zero? In case you didn't know there wasn't only Christians who died on that day, people from ALL religions were killed. Would anyone care if there was a church, synagogue or a temple built there? I don't think they would.
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2010, 10:30:14 PM »

Fuck you
zihuatenajo
Headliner

« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2010, 11:35:20 PM »

Fuck you

Ever watch ' rick mercer's : talking with americans ' ?...... there are some VERY ignorant people in the USA..not to say there aren't just as many or more ignorant idiots in other various countries all over the world.

God made weed, man made booze : who do you trust ?
Genesis
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2010, 02:58:29 AM »

But at that place?

You have a problem with them building a holy center 2 blocks from ground zero? In case you didn't know there wasn't only Christians who died on that day, people from ALL religions were killed. Would anyone care if there was a church, synagogue or a temple built there? I don't think they would.

I don't have a problem where they build a mosque, but considering some of the families of the victims are opposed to a mosque close to Ground Zero, why are they insisting they want to build it there? Nobody is denying that they have a right to build a holy centre where ever they please, but it's about tolerance and not provoking a fight. It's the same with the burning of the Koran, intentionally done to annoy people. The obvious reason for the backlash is that people equate Islam with terrorists and while I personally do not do that, I don't know if I would be so magnanimous if someone I loved was killed in a similar way.

Fuck 'Em All.
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2010, 08:55:31 AM »

But at that place?

I don't have a problem where they build a mosque, but considering some of the families of the victims are opposed to a mosque close to Ground Zero, why are they insisting they want to build it there? Nobody is denying that they have a right to build a holy centre where ever they please, but it's about tolerance and not provoking a fight. It's the same with the burning of the Koran, intentionally done to annoy people. The obvious reason for the backlash is that people equate Islam with terrorists and while I personally do not do that, I don't know if I would be so magnanimous if someone I loved was killed in a similar way.

Admittedly I don't know a whole lot about who is opposing the building or whatever, but from what I've heard the reason it's being built there is because they own the building (or someone associated with the project does). I also may be wrong on this part but I believe there was a Mosque just 3 or 4 more blocks from where they want to build a new center?

Also while watching CNN the other night the Imam dude (cant remember his name nor would I even venture to try and spell it anyway!) said they want to have prayer spaces in the building for Christians, Jews etc. So really what's the problem?
Genesis
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2010, 10:06:24 AM »

The pastor is in New York to talk to the people constructing the building and has said that he put off the burning because they said they are not going ahead with their plans, while the Imam says nothing of the sort has been said...

Fuck 'Em All.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: