Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 15, 2024, 07:50:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228060 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Koran Burning
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Koran Burning  (Read 13302 times)
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2010, 11:38:56 AM »

there are some VERY ignorant people in the USA..

Trust me i'm well aware of that, but i've been coming to this board for years, and there is always a ton of slagging on the US....

People call us stuck up, snobs, blah, blah.... But to sit and rip on Americans, when they've probably never even been, or even personally know any, shows me who the 'dumb' are

Oh and btw Rick Mercer is DREADFUL  no  Tongue
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2010, 11:59:08 AM »

there are some VERY ignorant people in the USA..

Trust me i'm well aware of that, but i've been coming to this board for years, and there is always a ton of slagging on the US....

Most of it you bring on yourselves. How did that little war in Iraq go by the way? No WMDs, No Osama, no nothing.
You still want to guess why people don't like the US very much?

But that's a different topic altogether...
« Last Edit: September 12, 2010, 12:08:47 PM by Genesis » Logged

Fuck 'Em All.
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2010, 12:04:17 PM »

Not that I disagree with you about the war, but I'm guessing you're a fan of Saddam then?
Genesis
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2010, 12:08:03 PM »

No, but that old guy would have croaked in a few years without any US help anyway. He hadn't lately been causing any trouble, right? Just going about his usual dictatorial ways...
There was no need to wreck a whole country, just to get one guy. That's the US. If you don't understand it, bomb it.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2010, 12:10:14 PM by Genesis » Logged

Fuck 'Em All.
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2010, 12:10:47 PM »

He hadn't lately been causing any trouble, right?

Wow  Roll Eyes
Genesis
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2010, 12:12:37 PM »

Wow  Roll Eyes

What? Before you start talking about 'saving' or 'liberating' the Iraqi people, they were much better off when he was around than they are now.

Fuck 'Em All.
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2010, 12:15:42 PM »

You think their future was brighter with Saddam than it is now?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2010, 12:20:07 PM »

No, but that old guy would have croaked in a few years without any US help anyway. He hadn't lately been causing any trouble, right? Just going about his usual dictatorial ways...
There was no need to wreck a whole country, just to get one guy. That's the US. If you don't understand it, bomb it.

dude u can't rewrite history. Iraq had sanctions. they wouldn't let the officials in to inspect.

Post 9/11 we couldn't afford to take Saddam at his word that he had none. Its like the guy who is cheating on his wife and won't let her check his email...

Once we invaded and removed Saddam, it was either leave their country in turmoil or do what we are doing now. love how everyone expects this giant quick fix in Iraq. It takes time. Change isn't easy,but in the long term, the world will be a better place.

Now on topic, I am pretty sure the people building and the Muslims who will be visiting the mosque are just as opposed to the terrorist as we are. Muslims aren't the guilty party.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2010, 12:21:51 PM »

Wow  Roll Eyes

What? Before you start talking about 'saving' or 'liberating' the Iraqi people, they were much better off when he was around than they are now.

I completely disagree with this. That's like saying the Germans were better off when Hitler was in charge. Does that mean we should've  done nothing to stop him?

Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2010, 12:26:54 PM »

Now on topic, I am pretty sure the people building and the Muslims who will be visiting the mosque are just as opposed to the terrorist as we are. Muslims aren't the guilty party.

Yes muslims were the guilty party...

Not the majority, but the minority of extremists'.... And that's what the people remember....

This is the same Religion that the terrorists practiced, and unfortunately give a bad perception to all Muslims
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2010, 12:27:50 PM »

I completely disagree with this. That's like saying the Germans were better off when Hitler was in charge. Does that mean we should've  done nothing to stop him?

Yes! Just because he 'didn't do any thing recently' does not take away the things he did do!
Genesis
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2010, 12:32:10 PM »

I'm not going to argue further about Iraq.

Everyone knows this, but it's not enough. Perceptions will not change overnight.

Fuck 'Em All.
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2010, 04:54:18 PM »

I think its the nicest way to prove that the US doesn't have anything against muslims and their religion! I do think that if i was american i would be a little bit mad, not because of the church itself but because i would expect another kind of construction other than a muslim church there

Oh My God i cant deny this...
zihuatenajo
Headliner

« Reply #33 on: September 12, 2010, 11:02:12 PM »

Yes muslims were the guilty party...

Not the majority, but the minority of extremists'.... And that's what the people remember....

This is the same Religion that the terrorists practiced, and unfortunately give a bad perception to all Muslims

Big deal? Catholic nuns killed hundreds of Canadian aboriginal children in residential schools across Canada for years. Does that mean all catholics are bad people?

You can't hate veryone who believe in a certain faith just because a few people of that religion do some thing horrible.. it just doesn't make sense

God made weed, man made booze : who do you trust ?
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #34 on: September 12, 2010, 11:04:30 PM »

It's the same with the burning of the Koran, intentionally done to annoy people. The obvious reason for the backlash is that people equate Islam with terrorists and while I personally do not do that, I don't know if I would be so magnanimous if someone I loved was killed in a similar way.

Yeah, we pagans get this a lot with the hooked cross. God how annoying!

It's not a nazi-symbol and it was not a pagan religion that killed, nor at 9/11. It was people, and some sheeple. Wink
« Last Edit: September 12, 2010, 11:09:25 PM by norway » Logged

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
Jdog0830
Legend

Rocking and Rolling because I am young and free!!!

« Reply #35 on: September 13, 2010, 02:40:45 AM »

God dam I hate stupid people and that "event" has to be the stupidest thing I ever even heard.
How are we not gonna look like "a Christan empire taking over the world" with all the biggits we have.

9/11 is tragic but it should not be used as a day to segergate people because of religon.

I bet they wouldnt like it if there were bible burnings in Iraq or other Middle Eastern countrys.

No better whats happening today than what happened to people durring the civil rights years and even before that. People should simply learn to respect each others beleifs unless if they are radical beleifs such as killing there fellow man.

Joe

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=59678.0

Just keep on moving on don't turn around or you'll lose it all
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #36 on: September 13, 2010, 04:30:30 PM »

yeah i mean shit Baptists and Christians had Slavery for hundreds of years.

Religion is one giant hypocritical con designed to control people's minds.

BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #37 on: September 13, 2010, 05:06:20 PM »

Religion is one giant hypocritical con designed to control people's minds.

I have to disagree there. I'm not particularly religious myself, but to say that all religion is a con or whatever just seems a bit.... short-sighted. I'm sure religion is responsible for a lot of good in the world, but that's not what usually makes the headlines. But some wacky American pastor threatening to burn some Korans becomes a worldwide story.

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
Jdog0830
Legend

Rocking and Rolling because I am young and free!!!

« Reply #38 on: September 13, 2010, 11:10:26 PM »

When there is a religion there will be raticals.
Sad but I think that's a fact.

Joe

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=59678.0

Just keep on moving on don't turn around or you'll lose it all
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #39 on: September 14, 2010, 01:19:37 AM »

Yes! Just because he 'didn't do any thing recently' does not take away the things he did do!

Whether or not he was a bad guy or not is irrelevant.  Al Queda and Osama attacked us on 9/11.  Iraq/Sadamm had NOTHING to do with them.  We were told they were, we were told Iraq had WMDs.  Neither was true.  America is worse off for the Iraq war.  There is simply no denying that.  Who really gives a shit if Iraq is or not?!

As for the mosque, its a community center and it is not at ground zero.  People don't realize american muslims died on 9/11 AND there was a mosque IN THE WORLD TRADE CENTER!!  Its a non-story being made into one by self serving politicians.

The koran burner.  A loser, idiot "pastor" who wanted attention.  The media gave it to him.  Pathetic some of our most powerful people were personally talking/calling to this nut job.

sad that we are so easily influenced by brain dead politicians, a mass media that loves to dumb things down and make nothing into something while we stick our head in the sand and ignore the real problems facing this country.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: