Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 09, 2024, 05:54:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228016 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  October 13, 2010 London, England (Discussion)
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: October 13, 2010 London, England (Discussion)  (Read 45104 times)
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #200 on: October 15, 2010, 06:30:49 PM »

Great Pics, Lou! Thank You!

Thanks!

I've posted my own review online now. If anyone would like to read it, please feel free to click on the link to my webzine in my signature (not sure if I'm allowed to post the link directly here).
Great review man, thanks! I don't think there's any problem posting the link here:

http://louciferspeaks.com/2010/10/14/guns-n-roses-sebastian-bach-13th-october-2010-the-o2-arena-london/

Thanks dude!  Smiley
Oh, I'm sorry, didn't notice you're a girl.  Embarrassed

Anyways, rock on! Hope you had the chance to catch them again with Duff. Smiley

One.In.A.Million
« Reply #201 on: October 15, 2010, 08:10:03 PM »

Here are some of my pics from the 13th. Smiley

André Menk
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #202 on: October 15, 2010, 08:32:39 PM »

Thank's for the pics !!!
samoice
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #203 on: October 16, 2010, 10:29:15 AM »

No link on a recorded version yet??
im still buzzing from it ^_^

I was there!!

Reading 2010
The O2 Arena October 13th 2010
The O2 Arena May 31st 2012 - OMG IT WAS AMAZING X10000000 Smiley
wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« Reply #204 on: October 16, 2010, 11:30:11 AM »

A good set of vid's (sound and images)  from the user who has this YCBM http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFMdXu1s5KI&playnext=1&videos=JaOLOGINJ-Q&feature=mfu_in_order

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
RobJ
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #205 on: October 16, 2010, 04:12:24 PM »

Couple of pix from Wednesday, got a great spot front n centre both nights, so I was lucky enough to get some good shots...

Sorry about the size

There will be more from the Thursday show in that thread for your viewing pleasure... I took a lot so if you wanna see any more check out the fb album......

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/album.php?aid=244763&id=508197311

enjoy  Grin
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #206 on: October 17, 2010, 09:27:49 AM »

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
André Menk
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #207 on: October 17, 2010, 11:08:19 AM »

Great pics !!!
richiegunz70
Opening Act

« Reply #208 on: October 17, 2010, 12:05:47 PM »

A good set of vid's (sound and images)  from the user who has this YCBM http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFMdXu1s5KI&playnext=1&videos=JaOLOGINJ-Q&feature=mfu_in_order
That might be the best live version of this song I have ever heard!
samoice
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #209 on: October 17, 2010, 12:06:30 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACiJvxwzLRQ

It's so easy recorded by me
Sound was so perfect on the upper tier!!

I was there!!

Reading 2010
Vinnyvin
Opening Act

« Reply #210 on: October 18, 2010, 07:59:07 AM »

Alright guys, sorry for bringing up an older thread but I was at this show and even though it was nearly a week ago now im still thinking about it.

I've been a fan of GNR since I was about 9 or 10 but never had the chance to go and see them before. The closest I ever got was watching the Channel 4 broadcast of a Paris show from the early 90's (which i still have a recorded and tucked away in the loft). My missus got me tickets for my birthday and I had mixed feelings about going. On the one hand I wanted to fulfill a dream and see/hear Axl live but on the other hand I couldnt help but think I would be let down (particualy after reading about Reading/Leeds). I decided to take my pal from school back then and we both had the same opinion after.

I'll hold my hands up and admit I was in the "original GNR rule" camp to the extent that I didnt even bother to buy Chinese Democracy when it came out! Again, my missus got this for me for my birthday and I had it on in the car for a couple of days before the show and was suprised at how good it was! This made me look forward to the show a little more.

I've seen a few acts over the past year that the "critics" seem to wank about and say how good they are. I had read loads of reviews about how good Kasabian were live and while I enjoyed them a lot, there is no doubt that thier album tracks are just that. I also saw Muse at Wembly about a month ago and despite them constantly being voted the best live act of the year I was more than a little bored during their show (There is only so much flashing lights and floating eyeballs can make up for a Twilight soundtrack). All this made me wonder if these same "critics" had been to GNR because they, without a doubt put on the best show I have ever seen!!

I am now a convert. Im no longer in "old GNR rule" but just plain old "GNR Rule". I can honestly say there was not one thing about the night I would have changed (apart from maybe Duff comming a day earlier). Axl was on top form and was as amazing as I was expecting and the rest of the band weren't the hired hands I had heard about but AWSOME musicians (Bumblefoot, what a Legend).

Not only did the old stuff sound great but the new songs were quality too with Better being my favourite song of the moment (I also thought Chinese Democracy was a great curtain opener). I cant tell you how long i've waited to sing along to Knockin' on Heavens Door and hear Axl screech out "shan-a-na-na-knees" on Welcome To the Jungle. I was dreading Sweet Child Of Mine (I do love Slash) but I think DJ did it justice and proved what a good g-tar player he is. Also, is there a better cover version that Live and Let Die?? I think not. It made me want to jump from my VIP seat into the crowd! Another highlight was defo the KFC bucket.

A lot of the complaints from the night seem to be about the late start/no transport. Ok, im lucky that I live only a 20 min drive from the 02 (and my missus was picking us up) but i still checked their website before and knew all about the extra transport so there is no excuse for anyone there really. And as for work the next day, I got to bed about 1.30am and had to be up at 6am! I drove in still drunk with Shanklers Revenge banging out.

If I could give one tiny bit of constructive critism it would be that on occasions the 3 guitars seemed to clash a little on the older material and I think DJ chould ditch the top hat. But thats just being picky.

I can now only hope that after this tour the guys get back in the studio and bang some new material out, then tour again before Axl gets to old! Next time i might even swap my comfy VIP standing to mix it with you hardcore rockers. Anyhow, sorry for boring you all with my life story but I just had to talk about such a great show!! A childhood dream has been achieved. Rock on.

p.s anyone else thing Axl looked a little like a ginger Mickey Rourke?
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #211 on: October 18, 2010, 09:11:33 AM »

Great story man! Im glad you gave the new band (and the Chinese Democracy album) a chance to see just how good they are. ok

There is too much prejudice towards this band. If more people get through the bad press, Im sure the album and an eventual next leg of the tour will gain more interest.

josketch
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #212 on: October 19, 2010, 04:33:45 PM »

Regarding Vinnyvins message:

Reading your message was like writing my own experiences with Guns N Roses, although I was slightly older (14).  The first time I heard of Guns N Roses was whilst watching the Freddie Mercury Tribute Concert I was blown away by them and was a huge fan from that day on.  I also have a dusty copy of the Paris concert on VHS (Oh to have had Youtube back then!) My first concert was Milton Keynes, then London 2002, 2006 and 2010. 

I thought the Oct 13 O2 concert was amazing we managed to get 2 rows from the front and I had my scarf thrown on stage during Sweet Child O Mine which Axl picked up wore for a few minutes love.  I was blown away by Axl's voice, sounds just like it did back in the old days.  They looked like they were enjoying themselves and having fun on stage too.  Like you I'd listen to the old stuff with a few randoms listens to Chinese Democracy but now that CD is played in my car constantly!

Regarding the issue of old band members/new band members, I am just grateful that the music is still being played/made and to be able to go to a big arena and enjoy the vibe and energy that goes with it,regardless, I think all the new guys rock especially DJ, would be great if Slash, Duff etc were to return (or would it?!?) but, it is what it is!

I have been reading numerous reviews on the net re: the UK concerts and most of them are a pile of S*** focusing on their lateness coming on stage and the apperance of Axl (he is now a 48 year old, he aint gonna look like he did in his 20's).   I have started to skip past those bits and read the rest of the review about the music!

I really hope that one day they will come back to the UK so then my Son Billy will be old enough to come and see them with me who incidently was born on 6 Feb 2004, Axl's bday!  Shocked

Well I ended up writing more than I thought I would so Ill stop now.  But reading your message made me start to think about my experiences sorry if I have bored anyone!! confused

Take care all

Jo

Ignacio
Rocker

I'm fn' inoccent!

« Reply #213 on: October 19, 2010, 04:38:40 PM »

Great story Vinnyvin thanks a lot for sharing  peace

M?sica, m?sica, m?sica, siempre s?...
Vinnyvin
Opening Act

« Reply #214 on: October 20, 2010, 08:31:29 AM »

Cheers guys, i can only speak the truth! ha

Josketch, funny you should mention that Freddy Murcury concert, i remember watching that with my dad! My mum moved recently and I found a taped copy in an old cudbord. I dont think it had even been watched since it was recorded! I do love the performance they gave there.

On another note i forgot to mention Rocket Queen. Underrated masterpiece!
samoice
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #215 on: October 20, 2010, 12:32:51 PM »

oh.. Who were the bunch of guys n girls in the holiday inn in the bar at 3ish on the weds???
I was there but to shy to come up n say hi lol..
Hard to belive it will be years before they come back again Sad
I will be OLD

I was there!!

Reading 2010
a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

Does the walker choose the path?

« Reply #216 on: December 22, 2010, 09:07:29 AM »

Just thought I'd have a re read of this thread seeing as it was such a great gig and I thought I would share my pics from the after show and VIP party that night! Great experience and everyone was so cool and took time to chat especially Chris who I shared a couple of beers with whilst chatting!

Happy Christmas all!!

Mike

« Last Edit: December 22, 2010, 09:42:04 AM by 33 » Logged

One.In.A.Million
« Reply #217 on: December 22, 2010, 08:00:16 PM »

Wicked pictures Mike, glad you had an awesome time at the shows. They were just off the hook weren't they?. I have been lucky enough to meet Ron twice, and spoke to him for lengthy periods of time at both accasions. And you can tell by my facebook page, he is one funny individual.  hihi

I really wanted to meet Robin, but it just never happened, although he always acknowledged me at shows, by throwing me bottles and smiling at me. But I feel truely blessed to have met Ron twice, really nice person.

Mike, you also got another extraordinary experience didn't you when Ron and Frank came to your school. That must have been out of this world, well done.  ok

Great pictures Mike, all of the members look really cool beside you.  Wink
« Last Edit: December 22, 2010, 08:02:24 PM by One.In.A.Million » Logged
samoice
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #218 on: April 21, 2011, 02:17:41 PM »

Just thought I'd have a re read of this thread seeing as it was such a great gig and I thought I would share my pics from the after show and VIP party that night! Great experience and everyone was so cool and took time to chat especially Chris who I shared a couple of beers with whilst chatting!

Happy Christmas all!!

Mike

Sorry to bring this thread up again but i as checking ifthere was any nice pics of this show around, wondering if you have thise hosted elsewhere?

Cheers  ok

I was there!!

Reading 2010
a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

Does the walker choose the path?

« Reply #219 on: July 01, 2011, 07:22:50 AM »

Wicked pictures Mike, glad you had an awesome time at the shows.

Mike, you also got another extraordinary experience didn't you when Ron and Frank came to your school. That must have been out of this world, well done.  ok

Great pictures Mike, all of the members look really cool beside you.  Wink

Very old thread but cheers man! I never saw this post of yours! Yeh it was an amzing experience when they came to the rock school and meeting most the band at the VIP party was brilliant. All very nice guys! Managed to chat to DJ and Chris for about half an hour and they are just very cool and interesting guys! Also spent a good bit of time with Del and he knew all about our rock school which was very surreal! All in all a great couple of days and to top it off Ron keeps in touch which is very cool! Not sure what happened to all the pics I posted! Maybe I'l repost them!

Respect.

Mike

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: