Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 10:10:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227962 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Duff McKagan Says It Was 'Great' Playing With Axl Rose And Guns N' Roses
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Duff McKagan Says It Was 'Great' Playing With Axl Rose And Guns N' Roses  (Read 25778 times)
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #80 on: November 03, 2010, 03:14:02 AM »

Bridge, a part of me (cough) wants to try to explain to you how full of shit you are. So much so that you don't even realize you are doing the exact same thing you are  accusing me of doing.

Your words:

"The guy is obviously happy and successful on his own terms.  He obviously doesn't weigh success and happiness by the scale of a fucking album that YOU like, the way that YOU do, and the way that YOU seem to thin he should.  It obviously pisses you off, and you got greatly offended that Duff actually went on with his life after GNR, but too bad my friend, because "much like the universe", it is the way it is."

"Actually, given the fact that you called Duff a douche when YOU know nothing about HIM (beyond this image you've created for him in your own mind), I was turning that on its ear -- but by all means, consider this to be more personal than it actually is.  I think you summarized it perfectly, you called Duff a douche, so maybe as you pointed out, it takes one to know one."

Bridge baby, do I even need to say it. Surely by now you have realized your hypocrisies. Alright fine I will spell it out for you o mighty great one....

What the fuck do you know? You know nothing about Duff. Yet you want want to psycho talk to me and tell me how Duff feels? O RLY? Do you secretly talk to Duff when you are all alone? Does he tell you how happy he is? You project often?

I am sorry for you that you aren't feeling Chinese Democracy. At least Axlative here is making sense. Good Fucking Night.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #81 on: November 03, 2010, 03:27:33 AM »

I am sorry for you that you aren't feeling Chinese Democracy.

Your sympathy isn't required, because my feelings towards that album aren't the point.  In fact, YOUR feelings towards that album aren't the point.  The point was, even if Chinese Democracy is the greatest record of all time, that doesn't mean Duff is a lesser man for not being in GNR for it.  The point is that Duff has lots going on in his life that obviously satisfies him.  Not everyone considers a "great album" to be the epitome of their existence the way that you seem to.

What the fuck do you know? You know nothing about Duff. Yet you want want to psycho talk to me and tell me how Duff feels? O RLY? Do you secretly talk to Duff when you are all alone? Does he tell you how happy he is?

hihi  Truth be told, I could talk to Duff regularly and you'd never know it.

But seriously, hypocrisies?  Open your eyes and read.  Between all statements made by Duff -- in Duff's column, Duff's career, Duff's interviews, etc.... it is very obvious that Duff has gone on with his life.  He left Guns N Roses.  He went on to other things.  He doesn't spend his life bemoaning the fact that he wasn't a part of Chinese Democracy -- only you do.

That was a very poor attempt at diverting attention from the fact that you have this sick sense of entitlement -- more psycho talk than what you accused me of -- which is what started this debate to begin with.

On another note: given the fact that people around here are constantly bitching that fans of the former members don't move on and accept the current lineup of GNR as it is, I find it utterly AMAZING that someone is now bitching because Duff HAS gone on with his life!  Talk about hypocrisy!
« Last Edit: November 03, 2010, 03:45:53 AM by Bridge » Logged
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #82 on: November 03, 2010, 03:48:44 AM »

Oh Bridge you silly goose you. See its psycho talk because you are arguing for the sake of arguing. Case in point, I am happy Duff moved on. Its not really like he had any other choice but to really. Besides I like Tommy. The dude seems to appreciates Axl and this whole "General" thing with him is kind of cool. Duff leaving turned out to be really good but, without CD who would know?

Did I just blow you mind Bridge? Is your head spinning like a top?

Having said that, I wonder if your attempts to rile people up by saying they are whining and bitching actually works around here? Just thinking out load. See this story had a happy ending. I just love happy endings. Speaking of which I need a massage.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
Derby Greg
Derby Tourism Ambassador
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #83 on: November 05, 2010, 05:48:13 PM »

I find it funny how mentioning Duff's name on this side of the message board got u a deleted post, now because Axl sits and has dinner with him he is the greatest bassist alive again...

I find it funny how people don't understand how sections work....

/jarmo

Hahahaahahahahah - legend.  I love this.  hihi

GREG

2002 Leeds, London
2006 London Ham, Download, London W'ley
2010 Montreal, Toronto, Reading, Dublin
2011 Rio, Arg
2012 Bham,London x2,Rotterdam, Paris,Vegasx3
2013 NYCx2
2016 Vegasx2, NYCx2, CR
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #84 on: November 06, 2010, 04:25:55 PM »

A little more from Duff on playing with Axl/GNR from this interview with ESPN:

November 6, 2010

The Life: I wasn't going to ask any Guns 'N' Roses questions, but then I read where you played that show in London. Did you just play the encore?

McKagan: I played a few songs in the encore. It was really fun for me.

It just happened out of nowhere. Literally, I was in the elevator going up to my room and the manager of the hotel -- it's a hotel I stay at all the time -- said, "Hey, you're playing tonight, right?"

"No, I'm not playing at all this trip." Usually I played when I go there. It's an honest mistake.

"You're not playing tonight?" Oh, will there be an issue you're in a room next to Axl's?

The Life: Right next to his room? Not just same hotel, but right next door?

McKagan: Right next, the chance of all the hotels in London, all the days of the year, all the years, all the floors in the hotel, you know.

Yeah, but it was a great serendipitous thing because I was being thrown into "OK, how's it going?" You didn't have like three days to prepare. ? And I don't have any resentments. It was a huge, great, amazing thing that happened in all of our lives. Killer. My life's totally enhanced in a whole different way because of that thing, for sure. So I just don't carry it around. I've gone through a lot of things to work through some of this s---. It happened.

So it was great. I had no resentment. It was really great to see him. I don't think he had any resentment and we had a good time. We laughed. That's what you want to do with an old friend.

The Life: What was it like to end up on stage playing Guns 'N' Roses. What was that feeling?

McKagan: I played a lot of Guns 'N' Roses songs with Velvet Revolver. It's part of my makeup. We wrote the songs [together], so they're like my songs. I don't compartmentalize what songs are what, so it was easy.

Great, he's got a really good band. Nice guys, it's all good. I had to get right back after the gig, I had a meeting at 8 a.m. the next morning. "I gotta go."

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/thelife/music/news/story?id=5764594

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #85 on: October 26, 2011, 01:11:12 PM »

Duff McKagan was recently interviewed by Wales Online.  He's asked about his relationship with Axl in this new interview, this is what he says in part...

Wales Online: What is your personal relationship now with Axl?

Duff McKagan: Axl's not one of the guys that calls you up and goes, you wanna go do something...ya know. It's a different relationship, but it's fine. He's the singer, he's way more the focal point than anyone else, so his experience through this thing is different than mine, and I realized writing this book.

You know, he was a good friend at times, and he really came through to me at times when I needed it. You know, maybe he's not the all the time friend, but when it mattered at some very important points in my life -- he was there.

So that's more important than what anybody thinks of him for being late to a concert, or ya know whatever, wearing a raincoat, who cares.  You know for me I don't care.

Audio @17:30 here: http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/need-to-read/2011/10/26/audio-guns-n-roses-bassist-duff-mckagan-talks-to-walesonline-91466-29666016/

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
AXL DEMOCRACY
Rocker

« Reply #86 on: October 26, 2011, 01:24:07 PM »

And that is just one of the many many many reasons Duff is a true artist and a fantastic person.  Loved his book and the way he approached.  So happy to see how he turned his life around and the person he has become.  Inspiring.

"The art comes first.  It dictates if not the course [then] the destination artistically." - W. Axl Rose
westcoast_junkie
VIP

Here to hell, gone today....

« Reply #87 on: October 26, 2011, 01:32:32 PM »

Nice to hear  Smiley I had to re-read it a few times, the part in his book where he and Axl meet in London. Fantastic stuff smoking

Life is what happens in-between each fight on the message board....
Lara
I Finck therefore I am
Legend

« Reply #88 on: October 26, 2011, 01:58:51 PM »

Sweet!
richwoman
VIP

« Reply #89 on: October 26, 2011, 02:06:21 PM »

Really looking forward to reading his book the nice thing about him is he has no secret agenda, even the thing last year of being in the same hotel you know it was a happy accident,a pretty decent man i think ok
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #90 on: October 26, 2011, 04:17:44 PM »

Duff McKagan was recently interviewed by Wales Online.  He's asked about his relationship with Axl in this new interview, this is what he says in part...

Duff McKagan: Axl's not one of the guys that calls you up and goes, you wanna go do something...ya know. It's a different relationship, but it's fine. He's the singer, he's way more the focal point than anyone else, so his experience through this thing is different than mine, and I realized writing this book.

You know, he was a good friend at times, and he really came through to me at times when I needed it. You know, maybe he's not the all the time friend, but when it mattered at some very important points in my life -- he was there.

So that's more important than what anybody thinks of him for being late to a concert, or ya know whatever, wearing a raincoat, who cares.  You know for me I don't care.

Audio @17:30 here: http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/need-to-read/2011/10/26/audio-guns-n-roses-bassist-duff-mckagan-talks-to-walesonline-91466-29666016/

I fuckin love how Duff put's the phrase in there "wearing a raincoat", makes me instantly think of Axl at Rock In Rio with that yellow jacket.  Grin

Gotta love Duff.  love
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #91 on: October 26, 2011, 08:10:30 PM »

loving his book so far!!
zihuatenajo
Headliner

« Reply #92 on: October 31, 2011, 09:15:49 PM »

I fuckin love how Duff put's the phrase in there "wearing a raincoat", makes me instantly think of Axl at Rock In Rio with that yellow jacket.  Grin

Gotta love Duff.  love

I believe he is making fun of the journalist who made fun of Axl wearing a rain coat in trhe rain  rofl

God made weed, man made booze : who do you trust ?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: