Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 04, 2024, 04:49:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227995 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  [RUMOR] - Latin America Tour October/November 2011
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: [RUMOR] - Latin America Tour October/November 2011  (Read 12604 times)
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2010, 11:21:55 AM »

I think the US deserves a tour more...
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2010, 12:14:49 PM »

And here we go again about who deserves it more.

I think it's pretty clear how the US tour will happen before all that and I don't even know how anyone could possible think they would take yet another lap in the world before anything in their own home country.

Manets
Rocker

« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2010, 03:35:31 PM »

Every fan deserves a tour equally. There's is no such thing as "better" fans.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2010, 04:06:53 PM »

Nobody said anything about any particular country having "better" fans than another.  It's just, they haven't toured the US yet, aside from one festival date in the middle of nowhere (no offense Sturgis), and some private shows in NYC.  They've toured basically every other corner of the world, including Latin America, so you would think/hope they'd tour the US next.  I'm a little surprised no rumors of any US dates have come out, yet we're getting rumors for shows a year away.  Doesn't make much sense to me.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2010, 04:10:17 PM »

I know that GN'R have many fans on the US and I won't start with all the "deserve" bullshit but let's admit it...the band is often battered there. More than any part of the world.

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2010, 04:15:23 PM »

I know that GN'R have many fans on the US and I won't start with all the "deserve" bullshit but let's admit it...the band is often battered there. More than any part of the world.
Oh no doubt.  US fans, for most EVERY band are far more demanding and less forgiving.  GNR may be to even more of an extent, but it goes for basically every band.  That's why I had absolutely no problem with them beginning their tour overseas and building up some steam.  I'm just tired of waiting, and I want to see them live again.  It's my own selfish reasoning.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2010, 06:30:41 PM »

Nobody said anything about any particular country having "better" fans than another.  It's just, they haven't toured the US yet, aside from one festival date in the middle of nowhere (no offense Sturgis), and some private shows in NYC.  They've toured basically every other corner of the world, including Latin America, so you would think/hope they'd tour the US next.  I'm a little surprised no rumors of any US dates have come out, yet we're getting rumors for shows a year away.  Doesn't make much sense to me.

Huh? No rumours? Did you miss the February US dates rumour sparked by DJ's comments? The only reason these dates are coming out is cuz of Rock In Rio being around that time.
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2010, 11:54:43 PM »

No one said anyone was better, it was just an opinion that I think the US needs a tour.

GNR was just down in the Latin American region, you guys should have to wait another what, 13 years or so? Wink
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2010, 02:01:19 AM »

Huh? No rumours? Did you miss the February US dates rumour sparked by DJ's comments? The only reason these dates are coming out is cuz of Rock In Rio being around that time.
Of course I caught the DJ mention.  I'm talking about specific rumors.  A US tour has been rumored for quite some time now.  Frank mentioned a possible late summer/early fall US tour MONTHS back, and that obviously didn't happen.  No official dates have ever been mentioned.  I'm talking about specific rumored dates, which have popped up before and turned out to be true.  There have been ZERO of those concerning a US tour.  I know there's still time, but February is right around the corner.

Galileo
Headliner

« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2010, 06:02:24 AM »

Rock in Rio is not in february 2011.

It's in september/october 2011.

http://www.rockinrio.com.br/

Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2010, 07:17:27 AM »

Maybe there's no US rumors yet because there's still three + months to deal with it?

No one said anyone was better, it was just an opinion that I think the US needs a tour.

GNR was just down in the Latin American region, you guys should have to wait another what, 13 years or so? Wink
You're so funny.

kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2010, 10:07:51 AM »

Rock in Rio is not in february 2011.

It's in september/october 2011.

http://www.rockinrio.com.br/

I'm aware of that. Maybe I wasn't clear but I stated THESE dates are being rumoured because of Rock In Rio, not the US rumours for February.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2010, 10:25:42 AM »

Maybe there's no US rumors yet because there's still three + months to deal with it?
Yet there are rumors for dates a year away.  I realize there's still plenty of time, but that was my only point.

Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2010, 10:45:25 AM »

Yet there are rumors for dates a year away.  I realize there's still plenty of time, but that was my only point.
But to set up an international tour (or even if it's only the Rock In Rio show) should be a bit more complicate, huh?

John
Rocker

...Gone To Hell

« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2010, 10:47:51 AM »

Maybe not better fans individually, but there's definetly such a thing as a better crowd.

I'm a UKer with no affiliation to the South America.

South America, from what I have seen, have the best crowd atmosphere by a mile.

Of course, that doesnt make them more deserving of a tour. 

Leeds Festival - 29/08/10, Birmingham - 17/10/10, Manchester - 18/10/10, Liverpool - 20/05/12, Manchester 29/05/12
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #35 on: November 25, 2010, 10:56:01 AM »

I don't know, I'm from Brazil but I can't agree with that. Each culture has its own way to enjoy social events. Japanese crowds are always solding out GNR shows there, but from videos you barely see any excitement - but that's only how they enjoy the show. Smiley

gnr-4-ever
VIP

Personal Text:

« Reply #36 on: November 25, 2010, 11:03:52 AM »

Latin American people are more passionate than others when it comes to stuff like concerts, football games etc., and that's the main reason they are a "better" crowd. But like Voodoo said everyone enjoys the show in their own way. Smiley

24/09/2010
17/07/2012
26/06/2015 🎩
19/05/2016 ⚡
04/07/2017
10/07/2017 🎤
03/06/2018
10/02/2019 🎩
19/07/2023
Manets
Rocker

« Reply #37 on: November 25, 2010, 11:06:17 AM »

OK, US haven't had a leg of this current tour and South America have, fair enough, maybe on this point you deserve.
About better crowds, it... Each place enjoy the concert on their way, as Voodoo said. Here in South America we jump and sing all the time Tongue
Of course the band enjoys it more than they enjoy crowds like Japan.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #38 on: November 25, 2010, 11:31:11 AM »

Nothing wrong with Japanese crowds.

Unless you've been there, please don't post ignorant statements like that.

The shows I've seen there were amazing. Very nice crowds who love and respect the band a lot.

South American crowds are very passionate. To the point that sometimes it gets a bit scary.

Buenos Aires for example.

Or being pick pocketed in a crowd outside a venue in Brazil....  Tongue

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #39 on: November 25, 2010, 12:19:20 PM »

OK, US haven't had a leg of this current tour and South America have, fair enough, maybe on this point you deserve.
About better crowds, it... Each place enjoy the concert on their way, as Voodoo said. Here in South America we jump and sing all the time Tongue

The japanese show their appreciation by sitting down and clapping, it's been that way for generations. Just because it doesn't involve headbanging and so called mosh pits, doesn't mean it's not support.

For example, X Japan are like gods in Japan. Watch any of their shows from 91-93, and people are as still as ice, and they clap after the performance is over. That is their way, and I find it very respectful and dignified.

I also love the crowd from the Guns N' Roses Tokyo DVD's, very well mannered and supportive.  Smiley

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: