Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 05:52:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Dec 1, Townsville, QLD, AUS (discussion)
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dec 1, Townsville, QLD, AUS (discussion)  (Read 58723 times)
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #120 on: December 01, 2010, 05:00:49 PM »

Thanks for the updates and pics!

reayj2003
VIP

« Reply #121 on: December 01, 2010, 05:28:52 PM »

Axl looks amazing in all these pics. He's in great shape. If you compare the Strugis photos to todays...he looks 10 years younger! Hope USA dates are announced soon! Gonna have me a 2011 roadtrip. Love yer Axl!!
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #122 on: December 01, 2010, 05:36:06 PM »

Thanks By Links, Amazing Pic`s !!!

beer

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
André Menk
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #123 on: December 01, 2010, 06:24:08 PM »

Thank's for the pics !!!
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #124 on: December 01, 2010, 07:45:25 PM »

The weird hat BBF was wearing was one someone threw

That's a shame, I was hoping it was Ron's own creation. I think that type of hat would suit Ron brilliantly, and he would look very mysterious and mythical.

He really would look badass in that type of hat, he could have 2 like a black one and a dark brown/grey one.  ok
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #125 on: December 01, 2010, 09:14:04 PM »

GN'R's Aussie Tour Blasts Off

No disrespect to the fine folk of Townsville but we're still shaking our heads over Axl Rose's decision to launch GN'R's four-date Aussie tour in Far North Queensland.

But as we've come to expect Axl is a man who does things his own way and judging by the reviews from last night's opening show it was a night to remember.

GN'R played a show full of energy and mayhem. They turned up on stage two hours late but still played a 16-song set littered with Gunners classics and various solos and instrumental jams.

It was a show that provoked and had everyone leaving with an opinion. Which is more than you can say about half the rock gigs these days. In fact, we started getting passionate responses from Triple M listeners as soon as the show was over.

Marc posted on our Rock Feed that while he was pissed about the GN'R being two hours late they more than made up for it with a great performance.

"I was very angry, but got over that about halfway through and enjoyed the rest of the concert.

"It's Axl Rose!," he continued. "He still has the same voice, still jumps around on stage, and puts on a great performance. The guitarists were phenomenal, and if I was to close my eyes I wouldn't be able to tell them from slash. Worth going to at least once in your life."

Setlist
Chinese Democracy
Welcome To The Jungle
It's So Easy
Mr. Brownstone
Sorry
Richard Fortus Guitar Solo (James Bond Theme)
Live And Let Die
This I Love
Instrumental Jam
Rocket Queen
Dizzy Reed Piano Solo (Ziggy Stardust)
Street Of Dreams
You Could Be Mine
DJ Ashba Solo (Ballad Of Death)
Sweet Child O' Mine
Instrumental Jam (Another Brick In The Wall)
Axl Rose Piano Solo (Goodbye Yellow Brick Wall)
November Rain
Bumblefoot Guitar Solo (Pink Panther Ron Solo)
Knocking on Heavens Door
Nightrain

Encore
Dont Cry
Paradise City

Photos: http://www.triplem.com.au/sydney/music/news//blog/gnrs-aussie-tour-blasts-off/20101202-asb2.html
« Last Edit: December 01, 2010, 09:45:26 PM by FunkyMonkey » Logged

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
twatty
Headliner

« Reply #126 on: December 01, 2010, 09:39:11 PM »

Got to love how the first thing the media can say is Axl was late, honestly, the scheduled start time was like 10 minutes after Korn finished, I bet no one reports that!

I'm hoping the next 3 shows get longer too as it seems they never played a few songs which have been regulars lately too.

Do you know where the f**k you are?
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #127 on: December 01, 2010, 09:52:29 PM »

GN'R played a show full of energy and mayhem.

It was a show that provoked and had everyone leaving with an opinion. Which is more than you can say about half the rock gigs these days.

"It's Axl Rose!," he continued. "He still has the same voice, still jumps around on stage, and puts on a great performance. The guitarists were phenomenal. Worth going to at least once in your life."

It sounds like it was a great show.

pdaldridge
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #128 on: December 02, 2010, 12:24:14 AM »

Some knob on Triple M radio in Brisbane saying everyone is complaining about GNR coming on 1 1/2 hrs late, and how he'd never seen so many people leaving a concert early. IDIOT! It's an on-stage approx. time; they come out when they're ready to deliver a top performance, if people would just sit back and soak up the atmosphere they'd enjoy things alot more.
Good to see many fans sticking up for the band on the Stations website though!!
pdaldridge
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #129 on: December 02, 2010, 12:25:22 AM »

Looking forward to a long show Saturday Night in Sydney!!
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #130 on: December 02, 2010, 12:43:25 AM »

One of the comments on Triple M's site:

Jason says:

People who complain about Axl going on late probably need to buy Justin Beiber tickets instead.

This is one of the world's last true Rock n Roll Stars who does things when and how he wants.

Axl keeps irregular hours to most of us and if he can deliver his best performance late at night, then so be it.

The guy rocks and sounds amazing still, can't wait to see the band on Saturday night.

One.In.A.Million
« Reply #131 on: December 02, 2010, 06:53:01 AM »

One of the comments on Triple M's site:

Jason says:

People who complain about Axl going on late probably need to buy Justin Beiber tickets instead.

This is one of the world's last true Rock n Roll Stars who does things when and how he wants.

Axl keeps irregular hours to most of us and if he can deliver his best performance late at night, then so be it.

The guy rocks and sounds amazing still, can't wait to see the band on Saturday night.

Absolutely right, he hit the nail right on the head. Rock N' Roll isn't about turning up exactly to the minute, if you want that you should go, and watch a crap pop show or something.  hihi
Marion68
VIP

« Reply #132 on: December 02, 2010, 08:55:07 AM »

Thanks for the updates and pics, highvoltage!  ok

Thanks too
carmiedisco12
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #133 on: December 02, 2010, 09:00:21 AM »

If my post was deleted can the mod that did it please PM me to explain why my opinion was so offensive to validate such a response please??    Cheers
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #134 on: December 02, 2010, 09:06:28 AM »

If my post was deleted can the mod that did it please PM me to explain why my opinion was so offensive to validate such a response please??    Cheers

How about you think whether or not we need that discussion for the umpteenth time?

Doesn't exactly require a Master degree to figure out that it's been done to fucking death already and the only ones who wanna whine about it are people like you.

If that's the only thing that interests you in a time when GN'R are on tour, just leave already.

I don't have interest in catering to whiners who try to turn anything positive into something negative.  ok

There's your fucking response and don't try that stupid shit again. Cheers!

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
carmiedisco12
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #135 on: December 02, 2010, 09:09:17 AM »

The discussion was started by others???

...correct or not??? you just didnt like my take on it cos I didnt agree??....yes or no??

A point by point response would be great.

OTHERS started that aspect and you allowed it cos it was pro starting late...my opinion differed so you deleted it.
Seriously I think If you allowed alternate vies that are REASONABLE and not abusive you would avoid a lot of agitation.

I beleive my views held some water no??

If it's an old discussion is it allowe in DEAD HORSE?? or is this a banned topic???
« Last Edit: December 02, 2010, 09:12:42 AM by carmiedisco12 » Logged
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #136 on: December 02, 2010, 09:14:15 AM »

There was no discussion. Some people pointed out the simple fact that this is GN'R. That's it.

We all know that. But you weren't happy with that, you had to try to steer the discussion into something else.

I said whining didn't I?

That's you.

Referring to others as fanboys... Priceless.

For the last time: If this is the only thing that matters to you when your favorite (?) band is on tour, I suggest you reevaluate your priorities.  Roll Eyes

What you and others like you seem to fail to understand is that when we have a tour to talk about, I have no interest in turning all the show discussions to be whine fests for you and a few others.

Just because you can't feel any happiness about going to a show doesn't mean that you have to try to bring everybody else down.

I don't care if you're upset that they didn't change the whole setlist at all those shows you didn't attend.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: December 02, 2010, 09:17:12 AM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
carmiedisco12
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #137 on: December 02, 2010, 09:15:54 AM »

On a more postive note Im glad that a small town like Townville got to see such a grat band I think this will resonate for yrs and yrs and the teenagers especially will remember this gig for a lifetime.

That is special.

Having grown up in a small rural Australian town myself I think there will be many inspired kids at the moment.
carmiedisco12
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #138 on: December 02, 2010, 09:21:37 AM »

There was no discussion. Some people pointed out the simple fact that this is GN'R. That's it......there was no discussion cos anyone that disagree's gets deleted.....there was yeh the fans that diagree suck....yeh your right.....yeh how dare any kid or hardworking person complain...yeh..........I disagreed and said my view on a message board....sorry [/u] We all know that. But you weren't happy with that, you had to try to steer the discussion into something else.....you are right I was trying to steer it towards my point of view and wanting to understand....Im an arsehole clearly for pointin out the elephant in the room.

I said whining didn't I?

That's you.

Referring to others as fanboys... Priceless......Well having grown up in a small town and religious environment Im wary of a group of people that dont allow legitimate alternate views and chatise or delete those with legitimate queries, especially whe expressed by the MAJORITY.......democracy my arse.
For the last time: If this is the only thing that matters to you when your favorite (?) band is on tour, I suggest you reevaluate your priorities.  Roll Eyes

What you and others like you seem to fail to understand is that when we have a tour to talk about, I have no interest in turning all the show discussions to be whine fests for you and a few others.

Just because you can't feel any happiness about going to a show doesn't mean that you have to try to bring everybody else down.....Thats crap Im happy but to deny those who GENUINELY feel aggrieved and belittle them as Justin Bieber fans and so on is disrespectful to the general fan??

I don't care if you're upset that they didn't change the whole setlist at all those shows you didn't attend. ....When did i mention setlists??

/jarmo
« Last Edit: December 02, 2010, 09:26:03 AM by carmiedisco12 » Logged
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #139 on: December 02, 2010, 09:25:56 AM »

Please don't play the innocent victim. You called the explanations silly and referred to those who get it as fanboys...

Obviously you have no interest in trying to understand anything.  ok

Now back to talking about this particular show.  Smiley

/jarmo

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: