Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 02:04:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227808 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Dec 1, Townsville, QLD, AUS (discussion)
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dec 1, Townsville, QLD, AUS (discussion)  (Read 58635 times)
Masken
Opening Act

« Reply #140 on: December 02, 2010, 09:27:12 AM »

Is there any vids  from the show  ??
carmiedisco12
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #141 on: December 02, 2010, 09:30:35 AM »

Ditto??

I will be at the Adelaide show and will record as much as possible and supply for you guys.

Is this against GNR's wishes??? If so I will refrain but Im not sure If its kinda shunned but accepted or cool with the band?
Why no live DVD with such great shows I wonder?? It'd help supplement the camera crews cost surely and make the fans happy and promote the new guys....and god knows they havent been promoted a whole lot (no vids etc)
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #142 on: December 02, 2010, 09:36:45 AM »

Ditto??

I will be at the Adelaide show and will record as much as possible and supply for you guys.

Is this against GNR's wishes??? If so I will refrain but Im not sure If its kinda shunned but accepted or cool with the band?
Why no live DVD with such great shows I wonder?? It'd help supplement the camera crews cost surely and make the fans happy and promote the new guys....and god knows they havent been promoted a whole lot (no vids etc)

Don't think it's against the band's wishes. Many of the band members links to the youtube vids.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #143 on: December 02, 2010, 09:41:09 AM »

Ditto??

We dont know what may be in the works when it comes to DVDs..
I think most artist have accepted that there is mobile phones in the audience. Even Del is posting pictures from his phone. But i would not ruin my own concert
holding up a mobile phone all the time. but i sure like to watch others videos, so please do =) I took a couple of photos in Oslo. Nice to have some pictures taken by myself, as a memory. But its not like something i focus on.

I dont know what kind of attitude GNR has to making DVDs, but i know some bands want the show to be an exclusive live concert experience. U cant always add that feeling to a DVD. But if they decide do release a DVD im sure they want to go through the material that they have, and choose the right show etc.

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
carmiedisco12
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #144 on: December 02, 2010, 09:41:47 AM »

Cool well Im not sure cos the band hasnt said so and didn't Axl used to get very upset at people in the crowd taking pictures? If I'm up front n centre as planned Id prefer not to get kicked out or get into a needless confrontation with Axl over a genuine misunderstanding on whats deemed allowable.

I assume they have just gone well the dam has breached so meh ...who cares.

Begs the question that if it's professionaly fimed and they are cool for people to film and watch then why wouldnt it be better to view a properly recorded version and make it available for concert goers....makes a few $$ if im not mistaken?

That said the Tokyo video's for me were horrible....no atmosphere and not like being there at all....far too polished and so on....gimme a great version of a youtube video anyday.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2010, 09:44:44 AM by carmiedisco12 » Logged
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #145 on: December 02, 2010, 09:45:08 AM »

We dont know what may be in the works when it comes to DVDs..

I dont know what kind of attitude GNR has to making DVDs, but i know some bands want the show to be an exclusive live concert experience. U cant always add that feeling to a DVD. But if they decide do release a DVD im sure they want to go through the material that they have, and choose the right show etc.

Also, if they indeed are recording every show they could do a release similar to "All That Could Have Been" by NIN where they make a compilation from different concerts.

Sweetness is a virtue
carmiedisco12
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #146 on: December 02, 2010, 09:47:41 AM »

Yes but all of the Illusion tour was filmed and supposedly large portions of the CD sessions but nothing was released. track records tell you a GNR DVD is more unlikely. A Single video was filmed and not released for gods sake.

I dont understand but God and Axl both work in bizarre ways....but God doesnt exist so I tend to blame him less Smiley
« Last Edit: December 02, 2010, 09:49:21 AM by carmiedisco12 » Logged
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #147 on: December 02, 2010, 09:50:11 AM »

Cool well Im not sure cos the band hasnt said so and didn't Axl used to get very upset at people in the crowd taking pictures? If I'm up front n centre as planned Id prefer not to get kicked out or get into a needless confrontation with Axl over a genuine misunderstanding on whats deemed allowable.

You're more likely to end up in a confrontation with the security guards, of course their attitude differs from show to show. Axl doesn't seem to mind. I believe he himself said he didn't mind bootlegs.

If you've seen som of the youtube vids, pretty much everyone are holding up their cameraphones, would be few left if one should throw out all of em.

Sweetness is a virtue
carmiedisco12
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #148 on: December 02, 2010, 09:55:53 AM »

Ha ha...yes.... I have had my share of difficulties with security guards and cops over the yrs....thankfully much less in the last 5 yrs or so. I'm not keen on any more than necessary though Smiley

Perhaps If I get in hassles I'll yell "Axl it's carmiedisco12 from HTGTH".....or more likely cos I express views deemed as unnaceptable on here that'd just get me in more hassles Smiley
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #149 on: December 02, 2010, 09:58:08 AM »

You're more likely to end up in a confrontation with the security guards, of course their attitude differs from show to show. Axl doesn't seem to mind. I believe he himself said he didn't mind bootlegs.

If you've seen som of the youtube vids, pretty much everyone are holding up their cameraphones, would be few left if one should throw out all of em.

(S)He's more concerned about Axl than the security? Because (s)he thinks Axl got upset once in the early 1990s with somebody taking pics? Wow.

Of all the shows I've attended, the ones who might object to cameras are local venue security.

In some places they are strict. In other places they don't care.

And then in some cases they make no sense at all. Like telling people not to stand in a certain spot, and then not noticing people jumping the barrier and standing in the same spot with no pass whatsoever.  nervous

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
carmiedisco12
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #150 on: December 02, 2010, 10:19:54 AM »

He.

Way to make a genuine post seem like a piss take.  I couldnt give a fuck about security I was giving a fuck about the bands wishes.....twist that if you will.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2010, 10:58:10 AM by carmiedisco12 » Logged
carmiedisco12
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #151 on: December 02, 2010, 10:23:10 AM »

Jarmo,

Im having computer probs...thanks for your Pm I actually appreciate it. I sent a reply but am not sure it sent, hopefully it did. Alternate views are to be encouraged a site of one way traffic is boring and only of interest to lemmings.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2010, 10:27:24 AM by carmiedisco12 » Logged
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #152 on: December 02, 2010, 11:26:13 AM »

Alternate views are to be encouraged a site of one way traffic is boring and only of interest to lemmings.

We are the alternative view!

This is the alternative to everybody else.

Call us lemmings, fanboys etc. I don't give a fuck!

I'm past caring  what people sitting behind keyboards and screen think of me. Somebody in Australia doesn't like me? Big deal!

I take it as a compliment.

Us fanboys stick with the band, through everything. We don't believe in everything we're told by people who obviously have no clue about what they're talking about.

Smiley

If this bothers you, you're in the wrong place.

/jarmo

« Last Edit: December 02, 2010, 11:27:49 AM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
banachkevin
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #153 on: December 02, 2010, 11:50:52 AM »

man the boys are on fire

Vancouver2002,Edmonton2006,Saskatoon2010,Las Vegas2012,Las Vegas 2014,Toronto 2016
scott1975
Opening Act

D.T.U.D

« Reply #154 on: December 02, 2010, 04:03:42 PM »

http://www.townsvillebulletin.com.au/article/2010/12/03/189431_hpphoto.html
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #155 on: December 02, 2010, 04:53:21 PM »

Not sure what to make of that review, but I know one thing for sure. That guy wants to stop complaining, it's a GN'R show, and it is a one time thing ya know, stop moaning and get a grip.

Honestly some people think that the world should live by their rules alone.  Tongue

(The neighbourhood dogs, really, can't believe what I'm reading, what an idiot.)  hihi
« Last Edit: December 02, 2010, 04:55:00 PM by One.In.A.Million » Logged
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #156 on: December 02, 2010, 05:45:38 PM »

Chinese Democracy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsnmSQu141k

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
scott1975
Opening Act

D.T.U.D

« Reply #157 on: December 02, 2010, 05:50:32 PM »

Axl leaving Townsville on his private jet. 
sixgnr
Rocker

I know it's only Rock N' Roll but I like it!

« Reply #158 on: December 02, 2010, 05:57:48 PM »

Axl leaving Townsville on his private jet. 
who did the pic?

I'm Fuckin' Innocent!
Turin '92 + Milan & Zurich 2006 + Helsinki-Aalborg-Roma-Milano-Zurich 2010
pdaldridge
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #159 on: December 02, 2010, 06:02:41 PM »

Not sure what to make of that review, but I know one thing for sure. That guy wants to stop complaining, it's a GN'R show, and it is a one time thing ya know, stop moaning and get a grip.

Honestly some people think that the world should live by their rules alone.  Tongue

(The neighbourhood dogs, really, can't believe what I'm reading, what an idiot.)  hihi

I hope I never get that old that concerts would annoy me!

BTW I may not post much but been around this site since the beginning before ever registering and back in the 2000 Intentions days, and always come back day after day and enjoy the new posts/thread so keep up the good work all!

Will give a review of the Sydney show...
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: