Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 10:04:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227821 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Steven Adler on Eddie Trunk 11/22/10
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Steven Adler on Eddie Trunk 11/22/10  (Read 2249 times)
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« on: November 24, 2010, 04:49:08 PM »

I posted the beginning part of this in the Patience/Tesla thread since that was the basis for Steven calling into the show.  But he was on for about 15 minutes or so and they touched on a couple of other topics.  Here's my best attempt at a review.

Just getting caught up on listening to Eddie Trunk's Sirius/XM show from this past week and Steven Adler called in to speak his mind on this subject.  He said it was a ridiculous claim, though he did say the guys in Tesla were great guys and they were a good band.  But he said that "Patience" was written by Izzy in 1982/83 when Tesla wasn't even a "sparkle in their daddy's eyes".  He had been fired up about it ever since.  Speaking in more detail about the "Throw Down" between "Signs" and "Patience", Steven joked, "Signs wasn't even their song.  Talk about stealing songs".  He said they had never even met the guys in Tesla at the time, even though they were label mates, and they had only heard their first album, which he described as a "great record".

Later, they touched on the reunion subject, as always.  Eddie said that the episode of "That Metal Show" with Slash is going to air in a couple of weeks.  Steven was surprised and excited that he did the show and joked, "now you gotta get that jackass Axl to do your show.  He's next".  Eddie told him that they talked about Steven during the show.  Slash said that the reason that Steven is so amped up about the possibility of a GNR reunion is because he left the band before things got so "fucking insane".  Steven joked that things were insane from day one. 

Eddie asked him what he thought about Duff playing with Guns recently and Steven said he thought it was "AWESOME!"  And how he hoped that would bring things one step closer to a reunion.  Ending his thoughts with, "it makes me nuts, that's all I have to say.  Those guys make me nuts". 

Then he went on to talk about working on new music with Adler's Appetite with Fred Coury producing and how excited he is about that.  Eddie talked to Fred for a bit , who was in the studio with Steven at the time, and asked him if Steven was driving him nuts yet.  He said, "of course".  Fred said he was a little hesitant to join forces with Steven until he heard the music, then he was fully on board.

I love Steven's open honesty.  You can't help but pull for the guy.  Even though he seems to stick his foot in his mouth half the time, that's just who he is and I think that's probably why he gets away with it.

« Last Edit: November 24, 2010, 04:51:50 PM by faldor » Logged

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
m_rated96
Rocker

slash slash slash

« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2010, 09:47:01 AM »

Great review thanks heaps faldor!!!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: