Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 10:30:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Gilby Clarke Talks Guns N' Roses To Rolling Stone Argentina
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Gilby Clarke Talks Guns N' Roses To Rolling Stone Argentina  (Read 3445 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« on: December 06, 2010, 04:57:32 PM »

From a rough Google translation -- if anyone can do better, please do.

December 6th, 2010

Gilby Clarke: rock is his way of being

The guitarist returns to the country to give two shows. But before speaking of rock, bikes and, of course, Guns N 'Roses.

And that connection is found everywhere in the world?

It is a challenge to find. Obviously everyone knows me by my last Guns N 'Roses, and many times people go to shows just for that, to see someone who was in that band. But what I seek to offer is music, good rock and roll. Sometimes it works and sometimes not. I think my records are good but have not been very popular. But trying to get to that level is what keeps us all walk by our side. None of the Guns separately could be as popular as it was with the band, was a special moment in a special place and all together we were something special. I remember great moments of that stage, but now just move forward, our job is to be honest, not only to make money, but to do what we like.

In recent years, key members of GNR as Izzy and Duff met with Axl on stage, but Slash does not. You who know them both, do you think possible that this will happen?

The truth is that I've not spoken to Axl for over ten years, so presumably he has changed as a person. To be honest, I don't think that's going to happen. I think the gulf between Axl and Slash is too large and deep, and I see no one approach, or think it will have. Besides the Guns N 'Roses are still together (laughs). No, seriously, everyone is successful on his own, and I think that will continue.

And if that were to happen, "you think you would be involved?

I always said I would be involved if Slash is. That's my opinion. I loved the band while I was there, and if for some reason back together, it would be a pleasure. I have no problem with Axl or Slash, Duff, Matt, Izzy and Steven, but in that case what is important would be that the band met be the original one.

Continue here: http://www.rollingstone.com.ar/1331268-gilby-clarke-el-rock-es-su-forma-de-ser

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
BumbleBuzz
Rocker

Guns N' Roses Strong Since 1999!

« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2011, 10:44:06 AM »

Good interview, I met Gilby a few years ago, had a drink with him and a chat - he is really and truly a down to earth bloke, but he himself knew that he was just a guy replaced to do a job for a few months (which turned into a few years for a tour)

Recording on the Spaghetti Incident was just a courtesy allowed to him and he was lucky to be with them when he was, but I think if any reforming happened, Gilby wouldn't be asked as Axl has seemed to patch things up with Izzy

2006.06.09 - Dublin, Ireland
2006.07.29 - London, England
2010.09.01 - Dublin, Ireland
2012.05.17 - Dublin, Ireland
2012.05.23 - Newcastle, England
2017.07.17 - London, England
overmatik
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2011, 07:34:24 AM »

Well, Izzy most definitely wouldn't be getting on a worldwide tour so perhaps Gilby would have a shot. But we all know that this just ain't going to happen, really.
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2011, 09:43:43 PM »

Ya know what?, I always thought Gilby was very respectable and just a genuine nice guy.

He seems like someone who truely loves the music and tries to stay away from all of the drama and media crap. And I always have to laugh at that banner from the Tokyo Dome show in 1992, the one that says "Who's Gilby?".

It just goes to show that even in the age before the internet, people were still very fourthright in their opinions about the band.  Cheesy
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: