Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2024, 12:02:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227963 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash Confirms Corey Taylor VR Singer Rumor...No Decision
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash Confirms Corey Taylor VR Singer Rumor...No Decision  (Read 23765 times)
sleeper
Rocker

« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2011, 12:40:19 PM »

I don't think we will get any verfication untill Slash is finished with this leg of his tour if then. JMO

Off topic
Does anyone know when Duff will start touring for his new cd. The loaded forum has been down for sometime and they usually have a tour schedule.
IzzyDutch
VIP

Here Today... Fuck The Hell

« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2011, 12:56:17 PM »

I don't think we will get any verfication untill Slash is finished with this leg of his tour if then. JMO

Off topic
Does anyone know when Duff will start touring for his new cd. The loaded forum has been down for sometime and they usually have a tour schedule.

The forum isn't down, it has moved to another location:

http://www.duff-loaded.com/Forum/index.php
Axlfanatic
Rocker

« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2011, 01:14:25 PM »

Just saw SLASH the other nite in Charlotte- the club was packed to the brim of people going ape  shit for SLASH with the highlite completely on him-I was on the rail right in front of him & playing was fucking mesmerizing- All the GNR SONGS GOT THE WARMEST RECEPTION & SOUNDED THE BEST! Myles has excellent range & A great voice, but just doesn't have the venom AXL has to really pull off those kind of songs- but getting back to the topic I think SLASH is totally content being the STAR & completly in his element doing smaller clubs like this where he can loosen up & just have fun & now with a second solo album confirmed i really dont see how we're gonna hear anything new from VELVET REVOLVER anytime soon.
sleeper
Rocker

« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2011, 02:26:14 PM »

Off topic

The forum isn't down, it has moved to another location:

http://www.duff-loaded.com/Forum/index.php

Thanks for the info
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2011, 01:09:08 PM »

This is so different from Slipknot:

Live & Acoustic: Corey Taylor Performs Bother

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JX0ah68Yz50

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2011, 09:01:34 PM »

if true, this has the potential to be the coolest thing in rock since AFD...

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2011, 03:33:41 AM »

This is so different from Slipknot:

Live & Acoustic: Corey Taylor Performs Bother

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JX0ah68Yz50

Slipknot have a few acoustic songs that are very similar to Stone Sour stuff, actually.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2011, 05:29:05 PM »

From Corey Taylor:

This is a year of change. Change, by nature, is violent and jarring and at first uncomfortable. But trust me- it is completely necessary.

Feb 24th via Twitter for BlackBerry?

WTTJ_91
Rocker

« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2011, 10:29:16 PM »

if true, this has the potential to be the coolest thing in rock since AFD...
Roll Eyes Let's try to not overhype this. It may be cool, but it's not really ground breaking.
siraddam
Headliner

« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2011, 12:25:44 PM »

good review of slash show ... playing some VR tunes!

http://www.seattlepi.com/pop/435958_153827-blogcritics.org.html
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2011, 06:18:57 PM »

Slash is probably trying to get Will I am, BReal or Diddy as the lead singer of VR, thats probably what the delay is all about. Roll Eyes
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2011, 10:17:07 PM »

Here's an interview with Duff at the Birmingham Guitar Show which took place February 26-27.  On VR, he says there's one singer he really likes and they'll sort everything out when they reconvene, probably in September. Undecided 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNYqbF7jgis

Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2011, 11:01:49 PM »

I  think Slash is wanting to know if Taylor is "dynamic" enough.  Sure, he has a good voice, and range, but its not as explosive as Axl Rose or as have as much range as Myles.  And he is no where near the front man of Scott Weiland.  Would he be good?  Sure.  Would be be great?  That is what Slash is wondering.
m_rated96
Rocker

slash slash slash

« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2011, 12:00:33 AM »

I just saw Stone Sour and Slash back to back at Sydney's Soundwave festival on Sunday.

Slash was awesome of course, and Stone Sour was okay I guess but I am much less pumped for Corey than before.... he did that really really lame, fake, depersonalised metal intro to every single song... he'd tell a little story and then end with the song title yelled out like is was WWE or something -
like "For while I did drugs, but now I'm.... "BE-COME-ING SOBERRRRRRRRR"

it was laughable. His voice is technically good as a non-screamer, but the songs are emotionless rock/metal... very middle of the road, generic kind of rock. We'll see what happens.
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2011, 04:25:10 AM »

I just saw Stone Sour and Slash back to back at Sydney's Soundwave festival on Sunday.

Slash was awesome of course, and Stone Sour was okay I guess but I am much less pumped for Corey than before.... he did that really really lame, fake, depersonalised metal intro to every single song... he'd tell a little story and then end with the song title yelled out like is was WWE or something -
like "For while I did drugs, but now I'm.... "BE-COME-ING SOBERRRRRRRRR"

it was laughable. His voice is technically good as a non-screamer, but the songs are emotionless rock/metal... very middle of the road, generic kind of rock. We'll see what happens.

I was there too, and this is my two cents about Corey Taylor / Stone Sour:

I'm not really familiar with Stone Sour's music, I know of them, but haven't listened to them much, not properly anyway.
I thought they were ok performance wise, they were a pretty tight unit, and Corey sang well, but as far as stage presence goes... I thought he was REALLY lame with most of the banter after each song. He'd either say fuck every second word, or try to justify to the audience or reassure himself why they were there playing.

He asked the audience if they have the new album at least 3 times, which I know they were there to plug, but he overdid it.
And the absolute lamest comment he made was at the end in reference to his hair looking dorky because he was growing it out again, and was going through the awkward in-between stage.
But he said something like, "I know you guys (the audience) are thinking it" and he was just explaining himself and his reasons for his hair looking bad. I truly doubt anyone thought about it until he actually brought it up.
It was the single dumbest comment I've heard from a front man.

If he's really gonna front VR, don't talk, just sing. Way too embarrassing!

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2011, 05:30:09 AM »

It was the single dumbest comment I've heard from a front man.

You obviously never heard Gerard Way say at Download of all places, "I know it can be difficult being different, but I see a lot of black shirts out there and none of you are getting beaten up!", as if at one of the world's leading rock/metal festivals, My Chemical Romance fans would be the only ones wearing black shirts...
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #36 on: March 01, 2011, 11:34:48 AM »

doesnt get much more "generic kind of rock" than Libertad does it?  Personally it will be nice to have a man fronting the band, not some primma donna bitch with a megaphone.  Scotts attitude fucking sucked, and he didnt bring enough to the table to justify it.

Here is a recent  video interview of Corey Taylor, a laid back dude, with a great attitude, and an open mind when it comes to music.  The perfect type of guy to be in the band.  Something tells me that exactly at the 5:00 minute mark of this interview, D will change his tune about Corey.   hihi

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxNaVQ-nM5o&feature=related
« Last Edit: March 01, 2011, 02:51:42 PM by Bodhi » Logged
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #37 on: March 06, 2011, 12:34:37 PM »

Duff was just interviewed in the U.K. and when asked about what's going on with VR, he says "nothing." Undecided  Regarding Corey Taylor he adds "he's the brightest and best singer of a generation, and I think he's killer."  He says there's no urgency with Velvet Revolver right now saying "one day hopefully", and talks about Slash making another record.

Video interview:

Total Rock - An Interview with Duff McKagan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP5g3zsAwpE

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #38 on: March 06, 2011, 01:21:31 PM »

^^Here's what he says in the interview:

DUFF MCKAGAN: COREY TAYLOR Is 'The Brightest And Best Singer Of A Generation' - Mar. 6, 2011

Total Rock last month conducted an interview with an interview with Duff McKagan (DUFF MCKAGAN'S LOADED, VELVET REVOLVER, GUNS N' ROSES) shortly after his appearance at the Birmingham Guitar Show, which took place February 26-27 at the New Bingley Hall in Birmingham, England. You can now watch the chat below.

When asked if he is "sick" of the persistent rumors that SLIPKNOT/STONE SOUR's Corey Taylor will be the new singer of VELVET REVOLVER, Duff said, "I don't ever hear unless I am going out and doing press. Because I don't go on Blabbermouth or [do] any of the other things [that would expose me to such rumors]."

Duff added, "[Corey's] the brightest and best singer of a generation and I think he's killer. But I don't think VELVET REVOLVER is? There's not much urgency there to do much of anything right now, so? one day, hopefully. And I think [VELVET REVOLVER guitarist] Slash is probably gonna go make another [solo] record [next], so that's cool. That's what it is."

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=154948

gnrjanus
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #39 on: March 06, 2011, 03:19:16 PM »

As to what I thought was happening..

VR is dead at the moment.
and won't probably come back, if they do... great! I'll see them and buy whatever they'll release.
but untill so

everyone has it's own sideproject and Slash has his thing going on so I won't be expecting anything till 2013
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: