Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 03:41:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227936 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Chinese Democracy is $1.99 at Best Buy
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chinese Democracy is $1.99 at Best Buy  (Read 58466 times)
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #60 on: March 28, 2011, 03:00:01 PM »

My passenger seat after a trip to Best Buy on Saturday.  I now have back ups for life!
  [/img]
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #61 on: March 28, 2011, 03:12:33 PM »

My passenger seat after a trip to Best Buy on Saturday.  I now have back ups for life!
  [/img]

OH MY GOD!

Should I say, obsessmuch!

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #62 on: March 28, 2011, 03:18:58 PM »

[/img]

OH MY GOD!

Should I say, obsessmuch!

That's amazing Bodhi, I'm very jealous of your new collection.  Wink

Especially seeing all of those, I remember a guy doing something similar around the release date. I just remember piles and piles of CD, all over his couch and with also a few Vinyls to boot.  Grin
richwoman
VIP

« Reply #63 on: March 28, 2011, 04:24:27 PM »

[/img]
beer love it it`s like release date all over again  Grin
el_loko
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #64 on: March 28, 2011, 05:35:34 PM »

Nice one Wink

Btw. Is there anyone who could buy for me some vinyls and send them to Poland (in Europe)? :>
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #65 on: March 28, 2011, 06:07:23 PM »

Nice!  Grin

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #66 on: March 28, 2011, 06:19:03 PM »

[/img]

Congratulations.. Good Pic, Good Price & Good Sales !! ChinDem, Sale Very Good !! Excelent News !!

beer smoking beer

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
JuicySwoos
VIP

Thatwhy

« Reply #67 on: March 28, 2011, 07:38:21 PM »

The CD is currently the 4th highest selling CD on the website, vinyl still #1.   I guess if the music industry wants to know how to increase CD sales, this is a nice blue print.  The artist and/or record company might make not make any money, but sales would be higher.  ok

2002- Minneapolis, MN
2006- Ames, IA
2006- Minneapolis, MN
2011- Minneapolis, MN
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Chicago, IL
2017- Minnea
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #68 on: March 28, 2011, 07:52:02 PM »

The CD is currently the 4th highest selling CD on the website, vinyl still #1.   I guess if the music industry wants to know how to increase CD sales, this is a nice blue print.  The artist and/or record company might make not make any money, but sales would be higher.  ok

Seems to me like alot of people who were curious about this album, due to the name alone. Have finally decided to give it a chance, since the price is so good. Yes, you are right juicySwoos, this is a very good example for fatcat record companys.  yes  Wink

Or then again, the high sales could be down to hardcore GN'R fans like Bodhi, buying up to 8+ copies and scooping up all of the damn stock.  hihi

But on a serious note, I'm glad that thousands of more fans have been exposed to Chinese Democracy due to Best Buys cheap price idea.  Wink
« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 07:53:54 PM by One.In.A.Million » Logged
Farid Bak
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #69 on: March 28, 2011, 09:28:07 PM »

This is about the time I hate not having a Best Buy in my city

Here Today..
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #70 on: March 28, 2011, 11:32:00 PM »

Nice!  Now if only Best Buy would actually put some signs up in the stores or put the $1.99 SALE sticker on the copies in the stores maybe they'd clear out even more.  Why alert people to the best deal in town though, right?

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Marion68
VIP

« Reply #71 on: March 29, 2011, 04:42:24 AM »

I have a few CD?s and on the birthdays of my best friends I gave them "CHINES DEMOCRACY"as a present...

erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #72 on: March 29, 2011, 09:12:04 AM »

[/img]

Well spent $20.  ok

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
Z?phyr
VIP

« Reply #73 on: March 29, 2011, 02:06:34 PM »

crazy ;-) this would cost a fortune in Belgium...

"It Ain't Rocket Science"
King Axl
Rocker

4/14/2012. MAKE IT HAPPEN.

« Reply #74 on: March 31, 2011, 02:33:31 PM »

Call me a pessimist, but this fire sale from Best Buy essentially will prevent the current lineup of Guns N' Roses from ever recording another album.

There are two sides to every story....most of us here are satisfied with the record, and accept the current lineup in the band. However, judging by the sales of the album, especially here in the U.S., and it has become clear that either people don't want a GN'R without certain former members, and/or they hold a grudge against Axl for believing he destroyed the old band. Another factor is that Chinese Democracy didn't yield a strong single, and there was very little airplay after the title track was released to radio. In addition, nothing on the record bears much resemblance to the "classic GN'R" sound a lot of people came to love the band for.

While the band still can tour and get decent draws outside the U.S., it would appear to me that there will not be another significant tour in America...hard to justify a tour promoting an album that's being cleared out for $1.99.

"Something, something, something, DARK SIDE. Something, something, something, COMPLETE".
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #75 on: March 31, 2011, 02:41:30 PM »

Call me a pessimist, but this fire sale from Best Buy essentially will prevent the current lineup of Guns N' Roses from ever recording another album.

There are two sides to every story....most of us here are satisfied with the record, and accept the current lineup in the band. However, judging by the sales of the album, especially here in the U.S., and it has become clear that either people don't want a GN'R without certain former members, and/or they hold a grudge against Axl for believing he destroyed the old band. Another factor is that Chinese Democracy didn't yield a strong single, and there was very little airplay after the title track was released to radio. In addition, nothing on the record bears much resemblance to the "classic GN'R" sound a lot of people came to love the band for.

While the band still can tour and get decent draws outside the U.S., it would appear to me that there will not be another significant tour in America...hard to justify a tour promoting an album that's being cleared out for $1.99.

I don't see how this would prevent them from recording another album.  I think Axl is in a position to record as many albums as he want's for the rest of his life.  It is hard to imagine that there would be no major labels ever interested in Guns N Roses.  CD sold over 600,000 copies, thats more than most rock albums that come out today.  They also would have no problem selling out a lot of shows at venues that most rock bands play.  The band  just got asked to headline Rock in Rio!  I'm pretty sure they'll have enough juice to put out another album if they feel like it.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #76 on: March 31, 2011, 02:51:50 PM »

#1: Album sales aren't a measurement of a band's popularity the way it used to be. Why do you think some artists are giving away their new albums these days?
#2: The album didn't sell because people were told it sucks because it's not the old band. I don't know how often I have heard stories of people say it sucks and they didn't even listen to it.
#3: There's still interest in GN'R. Look at how many news stories are written about Axl and the band.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #77 on: March 31, 2011, 05:26:08 PM »

Man...

You're crazy
Don't Cry

GN'R Is Better !!

smoking

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #78 on: March 31, 2011, 05:32:07 PM »