Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:28:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Wake up, it's time to play!
| |-+  BUY Product
| | |-+  MYGNR
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: MYGNR  (Read 87689 times)
el_loko
Rocker

Here Today...

« on: April 15, 2011, 05:08:17 AM »

Cry
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2011, 05:32:31 AM »

Smiley

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
Tomek 1985
Headliner

..Resident Evil..

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2011, 06:57:38 AM »

Undecided

BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2011, 07:04:18 AM »

Huh

This is not a smiley-only post

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2011, 07:56:33 AM »

mygnr is now gone

sad day indeed, its the biggest gnr forum on the internet, now after 10+  years,
nothing

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
gnrjanus
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2011, 08:01:41 AM »

you can thank god for the dutch!

http://www.dutchdemocracy.nl
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2011, 08:57:05 AM »

Good riddance.
willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2011, 09:10:45 AM »

This site is my home base and I have my issues with mygnr. But I still hate to see it go. Just too bad. Just hoping all the mouthy teenagers don't end up here. lol Good luck in all you do Eric.

Forgive them that tear down my soul,
bless them that they might grow old.
And free them so that they may know,
that it's never too late.
stvyrayvhn
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2011, 09:13:37 AM »

I don't get it.  I see it out there... 
stvyrayvhn
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2011, 09:17:45 AM »

nevermind...
Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2011, 09:38:25 AM »

Sorry for your loss everyone, this is home to me, when I have an issue here, well I just take a break Grin.

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
gnr-4-ever
VIP

Personal Text:

« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2011, 10:10:08 AM »

And this is posted in the main GN'R section why?

24/09/2010
17/07/2012
26/06/2015 🎩
19/05/2016 ⚡
04/07/2017
10/07/2017 🎤
03/06/2018
10/02/2019 🎩
19/07/2023
axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2011, 10:31:47 AM »

I can see clearly now, the rain is gone,
I can see all obstacles in my way
Gone are the dark clouds that had me blind
It's gonna be a bright (bright), bright (bright)
Sun-Shiny day.  Grin

Axl is God.
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2011, 10:32:22 AM »

And this is posted in the main GN'R section why?

Maybe the person who posted it here subscribes to the whole "This completely independently run fan forum shutting down for financial reasons means the end of Guns N' Roses" bullshit I've been reading on there. From that point of view, it could almost be considered relevant enough to put in the main section. It's really quite funny that they see themselves as so important to the continued existence of the band... and quite depressing at the same time.
Nightrained
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2011, 10:36:10 AM »

I'm fleeing mygnr like a Libyan diplomat. I will seek refuge in this forum.  Grin
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2011, 11:31:29 AM »

I was never fond of MYGNR, but Eric was always very kind to me, and he did in fact help me out alot during my trip to Toronto, Canada to see GN'R in 2010.  Cool

But having said that, alot of bad decisions have been made by them in terms of fueling lies and unwanted speculation. And alot of the active members over there seem to want to cause trouble at the drop of a hat.  Tongue

I also feel that Eric should have been more involved in moderating the forum, and not leaving it to people who are just as bad as the trolls in some cases.  yes

I can't criticise his comments about GN'R because, I think every GN'R fan would like GN'R to be out there more, in whatever capacitiy. It's only natural when you love a band so much, to want to feel their vibe and energy all the time.  Wink

But, I don't think he should be criticising GN'R for sending legal letters to MYGNR. Simply because when you claim to run the biggest GN'R forum on the net, you also have to take responsibility for the site and to make sure that everyone is on the site for the right reasons. MYGNR can only blame themselves in that aspect for providing a platform for such activities, and Eric should have dealt with it himself instead of leaving it to people who clearly enjoy the "forum drama" as much as the negative posters.  Roll Eyes

"When your great wall rots, blame yourself"

« Last Edit: April 15, 2011, 12:00:58 PM by One.In.A.Million » Logged
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2011, 12:29:23 PM »

I was never fond of MYGNR, but Eric was always very kind to me, and he did in fact help me out alot during my trip to Toronto, Canada to see GN'R in 2010.  Cool

But having said that, alot of bad decisions have been made by them in terms of fueling lies and unwanted speculation. And alot of the active members over there seem to want to cause trouble at the drop of a hat.  Tongue

I also feel that Eric should have been more involved in moderating the forum, and not leaving it to people who are just as bad as the trolls in some cases.  yes

I can't criticise his comments about GN'R because, I think every GN'R fan would like GN'R to be out there more, in whatever capacitiy. It's only natural when you love a band so much, to want to feel their vibe and energy all the time.  Wink

But, I don't think he should be criticising GN'R for sending legal letters to MYGNR. Simply because when you claim to run the biggest GN'R forum on the net, you also have to take responsibility for the site and to make sure that everyone is on the site for the right reasons. MYGNR can only blame themselves in that aspect for providing a platform for such activities, and Eric should have dealt with it himself instead of leaving it to people who clearly enjoy the "forum drama" as much as the negative posters.  Roll Eyes

"When your great wall rots, blame yourself"

I agree with a lot of what you said, but to me the thing that Eric was really wrong on in his closing statement was the implication that GN'R SHOULD HAVE financially supported the site.  They had no obligation to whatsoever.  It would've been nice, yes, but it is absolutely not an obligation nor is it standard operating procedure for that to be the case.  And therein lies the difference between an unofficial fan forum and an official forum.

Ali
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2011, 02:31:00 PM »

Just to clarify something for those who are interested.

In my opinion, getting a cease & desist letter isn't necessarily a personal attack on you.

I got the same letter. Didn't bother me.

I had no problem with it, I understood the need for it. Simple as that.

Some of you might keep thinking "why doesn't he allow us to talk about this or that", but at the end of the day, you aren't responsible for the site.

I know some of you don't understand....

I do what I do, others do what they do. I don't hide behind an username attacking the band that I claim to love and support.

I will also not let those same people take over something I worked on for years just to become "cool" with them.

Regarding him shut his forum down, it's unfortunate for those real fans who considered it their online home. But I don't see how any of this is the band's fault... 

As far as I remember, Axl even posted there! So did many other band members.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2011, 03:23:41 PM »

Well said Jarmo. I have also said that a cease and desist letter is not a personal attack. There are some people who think the C and D letters just came up with the recent MSL crap. Not true. Jarmo posted a similar letter during the Latigo Hammers fiasco.

Ali
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2011, 05:59:32 PM »

not happy news, definitely, even though I think that message board was an inmense crowd of haters and trolls. not only that: I really think its staff encouraged their users to spit all over the band they allegedly love.

I couldn't care less, to be honest. To blame the band about the shut down is ridiculous, absolutely insane. But, believe it or not, 90% of the posts there agree with the initial post from Eric Romano where he basically blames the band.

oh, by the way, there's a new facebook group from MyGNR. Join there if you cant live with this whole thing.

edit: post 4000 here  peace

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: