Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:10:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Wake up, it's time to play!
| |-+  BUY Product
| | |-+  MYGNR
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: MYGNR  (Read 87698 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2011, 02:55:32 PM »

But I don't see how any of this is the band's fault... 

I don't know how any of this works, but he does seem to blame the band.

I've never posted over there, and only check it out so often, but it sure seems to be a free for all now.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
F*ck Fear
VIP

Getcha Pull!

« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2011, 04:28:00 PM »

MyGNR was the fourm in which I spent most of my time on and I am sad to see it go, but the bottom line is I'm always going to follow my favorite band, and it really doesn't matter where I do it.

Thanks MYGNR for the memories!

11/29/2002 Toronto Canada
11/15/2006 Toronto Canada
01/24/2010 Hamilton Canada
11/28/2011 Hamilton Canada
07/15/2013 Toronto Canada
gnr-4-ever
VIP

Personal Text:

« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2011, 05:01:30 PM »

Mygnr was the first forum I found back in 2003-2004 (before I even knew what internet forums are, had no idea how it all worked), registered in 2005 when I get a faster internet and I was pretty active back in the days. Still remember times when I took down Almost Famous's record of 300 posts in one day (got 30% warning after that by a certain former admin over there), after that the place got filled with trolls and idiots, at one point it was impossible to actually say something without having to argue a bunch of morons (or adults with mental skills of a 4 year old, whatever) so for the last 3 years I rarely posted over there. Good thing I found a troll free forum where I can continue to support and post/discuss about the band I like.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2011, 05:03:43 PM by gnr-4-ever » Logged

24/09/2010
17/07/2012
26/06/2015 🎩
19/05/2016 ⚡
04/07/2017
10/07/2017 🎤
03/06/2018
10/02/2019 🎩
19/07/2023
Lara
I Finck therefore I am
Legend

« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2011, 05:06:53 PM »

I never followed MYGNR so I don't really care, but the news is sad because of so many homeless GnR fans out there.  Undecided
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2011, 06:13:47 PM »

I just hope these homeless haters & trolls will not come here.

RIP MYGNR, you died by yourself.

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2011, 07:06:18 PM »

What lead the forum turning into a complete joke was Eric putting people in positions of power who love telling people what to do, and crave attention. Some of the moderators are just as bad as the trolls, and they often provoke each other, and it's rediculous.

MYGNR (forum) started becoming a joke around 2008, when posters seemed to be allowed to start sarcastic threads. Aimed at offending the band, or even worse providing a platform for people seeking leaks or other illegal material.  Roll Eyes

And I don't know what Eric was thinking allowing this sort of behaviour to carry on and succeed to become normal. I don't know why Eric wasn't more active on the forum, in regards to leading the way and setting an example for the Mods over there who clearly had no idea what moderating meant.  yes

I do have accounts under my username at MYGNR and CD.com, but never posted.This was to protect my username in any cases of deliberate duplicates. But I consider HTGTH as my home, because of the in depth intelligent GN'R conversation. And the way that it is run, as apposed to MYGNR or any other forums.  Cool

In my experience, the true fans and supporters of GN'R are often too afraid to post on MYGNR, in fear of the resident posters being hateful and offending. That's what went wrong with it, too many posters with disgusting and hateful views about GN'R, we let by the moderating team to just continue with it.

So in the end, Eric needs to blame himself for everything he was complaining about in his cringeworthy statement.  Tongue
« Last Edit: April 16, 2011, 07:09:17 PM by One.In.A.Million » Logged
gnr-4-ever
VIP

Personal Text:

« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2011, 04:09:42 AM »

^ No need to thrash the place. Everyone runs their barn the way they want to, so to speak. Who are we to judge the way somebody runs their own forum?

If you don't like it just stay away - simple as that. No need to whine about it on other boards.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 04:32:04 AM by gnr-4-ever » Logged

24/09/2010
17/07/2012
26/06/2015 🎩
19/05/2016 ⚡
04/07/2017
10/07/2017 🎤
03/06/2018
10/02/2019 🎩
19/07/2023
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2011, 01:55:21 PM »

Yeah, i hate seeing any GNR forum shut down. That place was certainly one of the more "negative" forums but there was a pretty good mix of each type of fan.

i posted every once in a while but I never felt compelled to be a regular.

I think people need to realize, that there is a reason admins have to enforce certain rules cause it is a privilege to run a fan site, not a right.

Just ask Prince fans about that as he had all of his fan sites shut down once.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2011, 02:29:05 PM »

^ No need to thrash the place. Everyone runs their barn the way they want to, so to speak. Who are we to judge the way somebody runs their own forum?

If you don't like it just stay away - simple as that. No need to whine about it on other boards.

I understand it's kinda beating a dead horse at this point. But, by Eric going out on a note of criticism against the band for not embracing his site, he put into question how he ran his site. How he ran his site is likely linked to why it wasn't embraced.

When a fan site is allowing a rumor to propagate that leads to a band member (Ron) coming there to defend himself, something is not right.

Ali
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2011, 05:10:04 PM »

I understand it's kinda beating a dead horse at this point. But, by Eric going out on a note of criticism against the band for not embracing his site, he put into question how he ran his site. How he ran his site is likely linked to why it wasn't embraced.

When a fan site is allowing a rumor to propagate that leads to a band member (Ron) coming there to defend himself, something is not right.

Ali

Exactly...

And I want to bring to everyones attention that it never started out like that at all, but it all went downhill a few years ago. The general feeling over at mygnr, was to bash the band at every given opportunity. As I said before, the resident posters, who spent most of their time in the Anything Goes section talking crap, flooded the main GN'R section with useless threads, and dangerous speculation about illegal material or documents.

I only wish Eric continued the upkeep and moderating of the forum, which he obviously loved so much in the early days. But as Ali said, when a bandmember has to spend up to 4+ hours on a message forum defending himself, while getting verbally abused and treated like crap. That's when it's gone too far, and again, I don't know where the hell Eric was that night, but mygnr's moderating team was doing absolutely nothing to control their abusive posters.  Tongue
Axlfanatic
Rocker

« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2011, 06:16:12 PM »

Ali

Exactly...

And I want to bring to everyones attention that it never started out like that at all, but it all went downhill a few years ago. The general feeling over at mygnr, was to bash the band at every given opportunity. As I said before, the resident posters, who spent most of their time in the Anything Goes section talking crap, flooded the main GN'R section with useless threads, and dangerous speculation about illegal material or documents.

I only wish Eric continued the upkeep and moderating of the forum, which he obviously loved so much in the early days. But as Ali said, when a bandmember has to spend up to 4+ hours on a message forum defending himself, while getting verbally abused and treated like crap. That's when it's gone too far, and again, I don't know where the hell Eric was that night, but mygnr's moderating team was doing absolutely nothing to control their abusive posters.  Tongue

Amen. I checked that site everyday, mainly just for new info on the band, but it became obvious there was very little in the way of "moderating" being done. I believe Eric just lost interest in maintaining the site & had other priorities which is all well & good, but I don't think he should gone out the way he did,basically blaming the band for the site's demise.
Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2011, 06:40:27 AM »

Didn't know that Guns N' Roses has the obligation to pay for fansites' hosting.

I'm sending a PM to Dexter to pay mines.

Geez...

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2011, 08:25:02 PM »

holy hell they aren't shutting it down afterall

what a bunch of drama queens

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Ali
Legend

« Reply #33 on: April 18, 2011, 08:41:15 PM »

holy hell they aren't shutting it down afterall

what a bunch of drama queens

Yeah, strange.  It depends on whether or not the sale goes through.  I wonder who the buyer is.  I hope not BBA.

Ali
gnr-4-ever
VIP

Personal Text:

« Reply #34 on: April 18, 2011, 08:51:05 PM »

24/09/2010
17/07/2012
26/06/2015 🎩
19/05/2016 ⚡
04/07/2017
10/07/2017 🎤
03/06/2018
10/02/2019 🎩
19/07/2023
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #35 on: April 18, 2011, 09:19:41 PM »

This doesn't really make much sense does it.  Undecided

So it's gone from a forum with a reputable Admin (dedication issues set aside), with a majority (active) userbase who are hateful towards GN'R post 1998, and only interested in leaks when talking about current GN'R...

And it's going to turn into a board with all of the same negative aspects afformentioned, but this time it's actually going to be ran by one of these trolls.

And also for a forum to work, it needs to be credible and have a stable authority base. So after whats happened to mygnr over the last couple of days, I feel it has lost all credibility and will struggle to regain it. As now, the kids are getting the opportunity to take over the school so to speak, it will be a disaster.  nervous

And I also want to point out, that in Eric considering selling the site. He is more or less confirming the prime issue in his closing the site down, is due to funding the site. So one has to wonder, why he felt the need to attack GN'R in all manner of areas, including the cease and decease letters.  Tongue
« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 09:21:18 PM by One.In.A.Million » Logged
svdv22
VIP

This is not a piano falling out of the sky

« Reply #36 on: April 20, 2011, 01:32:54 PM »

So I went to mygnr to read this letter you guys are talking about.. Guess what?
Forum is back up..

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?s=ddc460610da8507b99e865e159dc48af&showtopic=176570

cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #37 on: April 20, 2011, 02:31:38 PM »

Jarmo - you can fake a shut down and get a bunch of money too!

Do it, do it!

hihi
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #38 on: April 20, 2011, 03:22:36 PM »

Well it seems like someone who wants to remain secret as helped the site out, by funding the monthly payments.

That's fine, but I still stand by my opinion that the forum has nothing good to offer in regards to supporting the current band. When it was unclear who was going to take over, I was already seeing members ask how much more they could stretch the rules, and basically seeing how much they could expose the situation for their own negative cause.  Roll Eyes

And I doubt that the wider forum community will forget Eric's attack on GN'R, and I feel that was not needed at all.  rant

But yeah, I still won't be interested in contributing to that forum, as I feel that this site is miles ahead in regards to intregrity, truth and common sense.  ok
« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 03:42:36 PM by One.In.A.Million » Logged
Ali
Legend

« Reply #39 on: April 20, 2011, 05:27:16 PM »

This was pointed out on MyGNR.

Eric said in his original "closing" statement, that it was about more than just the money, that the lack of support, even animosity, from the GN'R camp played a role.

But, now, an anonymous donor offers to cover the costs, and suddenly Eric wants to continue for the foreseeable future.

Doesn't that imply that it was in fact ALL about the financial concerns if the moment the financial concerns are relieved, Eric decides he wants to continue with the forum?

Ali
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: