Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 04:13:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227962 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "We're working on new songs for Guns n' Roses everyday" - DJ Ashba
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "We're working on new songs for Guns n' Roses everyday" - DJ Ashba  (Read 17991 times)
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #40 on: April 30, 2011, 11:36:30 AM »

I really dont' want to rain on everyones parade but, I think DJ says alot of things loosely. He said a while ago that you won't have to wait long for a new GN'R album, then Ron said in another interview that the band had yet to sit in a room together and any material that will be on any future album will probably heavily feature CD era songs.  Cheesy

I like DJ, and I appreciate his role in GN'R for the past few years. But I think it's obvious to everyone that Guns N' Roses as a band are not working on new material everyday. As Rons doing his own music and making appearences, much like Richard and Frank. However, it is possible DJ is working on some GN'R stuff here and there, but again in saying that DJ seems to be pretty busy lately too, with him attending awards shows, and also dealing with Sixx AM.  Undecided

I guess I don't want GN'R fans, to be on cloud 9 because they hear that Guns N' Roses are working on new material every day, because they most likely aren't. If you take into consideration the last few interviews and activities from GN'R members, like Ron, Richard, Frank and Tommy.  ok

you make a good point. not saying he can't be trusted or anything, but as the CD wait taught us, it's always best to wait for some kind of official announcements or something to that effect. i really hope the next album is on the horizon though.

Im glad DJ decides that he wants to give some us some info on what guns is doing. Because of some some stupid people that are overanalyzing everything out of context, shouldnt it prevent him from saying "gnr ar working on new songs". thats just stupid.

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #41 on: April 30, 2011, 12:50:53 PM »

Nytunz, did you read my last post?.  Tongue

I don't think anyone can really disagree with my sentiments, regarding fans building their hopes up based on such comments.

I just want to clarify for people what I meant by my comments in this thread.  Cheesy

All I am saying is that by DJ saying the comments he did, people are going to think that a GN'R release is much closer than we was previously expecting. That's just the way peoples minds work, based on what DJ said.

So, airing on the side of caution, if a GN'R album don't materialise for say another 2-3 years. People are going to get more fustrated during the wait, even more so because of such comments made by DJ.  Undecided

I will end my post by saying this, which I believe is a simple equation;

There is a reason why GN'R members like Ron, Tommy and Richard will not have said anything remotely like DJ did. And that's simply because, they know that GN'R fans latch onto every word, and make up their own conclusions based on their hopes and wishes.

Even if there were some GN'R songs being worked on now and then, they still wouldn't say it. Because at the end of the day, the ultimate decision is going to come from Axl in regards to releasing an album. So they would still keep it quiet as they, just like us, don't know for sure when the next album will be released. So they wouldn't want to give anyone false hope in regards to something they said. Cheesy
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #42 on: April 30, 2011, 01:51:49 PM »

There is a reason why GN'R members like Ron, Tommy and Richard will not have said anything remotely like DJ did. And that's simply because, they know that GN'R fans latch onto every word, and make up their own conclusions based on their hopes and wishes.

You're basically saying that Dj is stupid? That he's not familiar how some certain fans will probably take every word he says and twist it to fit their own dream/fantasy/wish?

I'm pretty sure he knows about that.

I still like to believe that if Dj says something, he has a reason to. And the reason doesn't have to be "there's a new album coming out very soon". Maybe he's just excited about working on some new material with/for GN'R?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #43 on: April 30, 2011, 02:02:02 PM »

There is a difference between "hearsay" and "reality", at this point it is only hearsay, when and if it becomes a reality, that is when my celebration begins, until then I just don't see speculating over something that could be taken out of context, not to say I don't believe DJ, but until Axl says so, I try not to let myself get to excited Undecided.

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #44 on: April 30, 2011, 05:00:03 PM »

You're basically saying that Dj is stupid? That he's not familiar how some certain fans will probably take every word he says and twist it to fit their own dream/fantasy/wish?

I'm pretty sure he knows about that.

I still like to believe that if Dj says something, he has a reason to. And the reason doesn't have to be "there's a new album coming out very soon". Maybe he's just excited about working on some new material with/for GN'R?

/jarmo

No, I'm not saying DJ is stupid.  Tongue

And if you want an honest answer, I would say that DJ probably doesn't realise the culture of GN'R fans clinging on to every interview during the past 10+ years. It's not his fault, because he only joined a few years ago, and before that he was heavily involved with Sixx AM. So unlike veteran members of GN'R, who have had experience of their interviews being twisted and being asked questions about GN'R which they can't answer, DJ is still yet to experience this sort of thing.  Tongue

To be fair to DJ, Ron was abit like that in 2006 when he first joined. But Ron learned quickly how obsessive us and the media are regarding GN'R, and now he barely answers any questions about GN'R business, other than light hearted stuff like "Axl shouting things down Rons ear monitor" or "Ron not be able to drink alchohol unlike Chris", but he never says anything to give us false hope. And he even went as far as to tell us the truth, even if it was negative sounding, which was that GN'R had not all sat in a room together and recorded yet. - And that's all because Rons become wise to things being blown out of context...

So that's my point, other GN'R members know the dangers of saying such things like "We are working on new songs everyday". Because they've had more experience than DJ, of the bad side of being honest and saying positive sounding stuff like this.  Cheesy
« Last Edit: April 30, 2011, 06:14:20 PM by One.In.A.Million » Logged
wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« Reply #45 on: May 01, 2011, 02:57:47 AM »

It could the fact that perhaps that DJ IS working on (new)material and the others aren't, so nobody would be lying. As publicly known, some members have already a few projects on the go, so DJ could be the first to be laying tracks. The other possibilities are that the existing versions of the CD2 tracks are being updated with DJ adding his touch, the others having already done so. So yes DJ is making music, BBF, Rich, Dizzy, Tommy and Frank aren't yet or already have, therefore nobody is lying.  ok

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #46 on: May 01, 2011, 07:56:10 PM »

It could the fact that perhaps that DJ IS working on (new)material and the others aren't, so nobody would be lying. As publicly known, some members have already a few projects on the go, so DJ could be the first to be laying tracks. The other possibilities are that the existing versions of the CD2 tracks are being updated with DJ adding his touch, the others having already done so. So yes DJ is making music, BBF, Rich, Dizzy, Tommy and Frank aren't yet or already have, therefore nobody is lying.  ok

I don't think anybodys debating whether DJ is lying, because if at least he alone is working on GN'R material, his statement would still be true (but of course not everyday).  Roll Eyes

What we are saying here is whether DJ should of put that comment out there, based on all of the other conclusions that hopeful and desperate fans will come to. I think the term is, if there isn't anything set in stone regarding a GN'R release, why give fans any yarn to spin, which is what the media are doing with his comment.

I'm sure it was true that Axl and GN'R was working on GN'R material almost everyday from 1998-2001, and then again from 2003-2005. But Axl and any GN'R member never once made a statement giving fans false hope, unless there was a genuine belief that the album was going to appear during a certain time.

There's no need to state that you are working on songs everyday, because we as GN'R fans to be honest, hope that this was the case anyway. But what DJ has done is, give the media a chance to bash GN'R if the album doesn't appear in the next 2-3 years.  Embarrassed

I can already see the quote...

"Well, even after the bands guitarist DJ said they was working on songs everyday 2 years ago, the album still hasn't appeared, and it's 2013. What's wrong with GN'R, are they scared to put anymore material out, what's happened to all those songs DJ was talking about, surely they are finished".

See the above fake news quote, is a prime example of how they would use DJ's comments against the band if what they indicate doesn't happen. (which is the albums progess being quick and rapid)  Cheesy
« Last Edit: May 01, 2011, 07:58:23 PM by One.In.A.Million » Logged
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #47 on: May 01, 2011, 08:16:06 PM »

There's no need to state that you are working on songs everyday, because we as GN'R fans to be honest, hope that this was the case anyway. But what DJ has done is, give the media a chance to bash GN'R if the album doesn't appear in the next 2-3 years.  Embarrassed

What if he's just excited about it?

I mean, imagine if that was the case and he just happened to speak because of that.

Instead of worrying whether or not somebody will take it out of context, twist it around and use it against him.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #48 on: May 01, 2011, 09:02:39 PM »

I am definitely interested in how the next album will work. Axl seems to have so much left over from the CD sessions etc.. Just wonder how the dynamic would change from those songs to new ones written by current band? And if they'd mix and match etc??

on the GNR build up thing.. Album in 2008, they've been regularly touring etc...I don't have that same latch on every word/anticipation that I had pre CD. They've earned some time off etc.

Now if it gets 2013... I may return to the way i was before 2008 and the inpatient GNR fan.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2011, 09:04:45 PM by D » Logged

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #49 on: May 02, 2011, 02:10:08 AM »

Er...didn't he said this on the context of touring? Meaning there will be a new setlist. Tongue

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
Gezzy
Headliner

Don't Damn Me

« Reply #50 on: May 02, 2011, 05:43:46 AM »

In all honesty, there isn't a line where you can define what "GNR writing new material" actually means. At the time in which he said it, it is most likely that band members were at home and occasionally picking up the guitar to see if they could come up with anything.

Velvet Revolver
23/01/2005
05/06/2007
Guns N' Roses
17/10/10
26/05/12
Thin Lizzy w/ Richard Fortus
02/06/11
Duff McKagan's Loaded
05/11/11
Slash
06/06/12
Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #51 on: May 02, 2011, 01:43:46 PM »

People complains about the silence of this band sometimes. When a member speaks...that people don't trust / don't believe him.

They're unbelievable.

The Prez
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #52 on: May 02, 2011, 02:58:41 PM »

When the guy says he's working on new songs, then I believe they are working on new songs... that's all he said....Don't really get it why certain people are being so negative about DJ's statement....  Huh
We should be happy to hear such things, that's means that we are really sure GN'R is still working to release music and as a fan that excites me! and that has nothing to do with hoping on a soon release date of new album(s)... (ofcourse the sooner the better  hihi )
 ok

There is a difference between the opinion of the majority and the thruth...
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #53 on: May 02, 2011, 03:10:40 PM »

They're negative because Dj is in the band and he replaced somebody...

/jarmo

One.In.A.Million
« Reply #54 on: May 02, 2011, 07:58:56 PM »

They're negative because Dj is in the band and he replaced somebody...

/jarmo

I love that comment.  Shocked

I've never made no secret that I preffered the person who DJ replaced, which was Robin. (you can say his name)  hihi

But this is nothing to do with that, I've never once criticised anything other than DJ's comments in this thread. A poster has actually made fun of DJ's look in this thread, and I never responded or joined in, so don't make out like I'm "Out Ta get" DJ or something.

Did you read my comment when I stated in DJ's defence, that Ron was saying things very similar in 2006, before he realised that the media twist everything, and that GN'R fans latch onto every word.  yes

So no, I don't have this opinion because it's "DJ". And before anyone tries to bash Robin, because of my first couple of words in my reply. I wasn't the one who brought him into it, and made a comment which has nothing to do with the debate that's going on in this thread.  ok
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 08:00:35 PM by One.In.A.Million » Logged
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #55 on: May 02, 2011, 08:08:02 PM »

It was a joke!

/jarmo

Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #56 on: May 03, 2011, 03:03:48 AM »

fans have every right to be sceptical with statements like this from Mr. DJ. it can be excitement and might be true but when it comes to Axl and releases....those 2 words provenly didnt get along well over the years. they can write 1000 songs and get excited like a rubber ball but what does it help to let people know about new songs when they wont be able to hear them any soon? add that the last Axl plan (we've been made aware about) was still to release the "old" songs from CD2/CD3.
but hey....why not officially giving out a short clip ~15sec as a teaser?  peace

Re-Union time, baby!!
gnr-4-ever
VIP

Personal Text:

« Reply #57 on: May 03, 2011, 06:28:58 AM »

http://youtu.be/MHEeMMXcQrQ

24/09/2010
17/07/2012
26/06/2015 🎩
19/05/2016 ⚡
04/07/2017
10/07/2017 🎤
03/06/2018
10/02/2019 🎩
19/07/2023
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #58 on: May 03, 2011, 10:48:03 AM »

fans have every right to be sceptical with statements like this from Mr. DJ. it can be excitement and might be true but when it comes to Axl and releases....those 2 words provenly didnt get along well over the years. they can write 1000 songs and get excited like a rubber ball but what does it help to let people know about new songs when they wont be able to hear them any soon? add that the last Axl plan (we've been made aware about) was still to release the "old" songs from CD2/CD3.
but hey....why not officially giving out a short clip ~15sec as a teaser?  peace
Why do you have a right to be skeptical?  What is there to be skeptical about?  DJ didn't say, we're working on the new album, it's just about finished, and it should be out by the summer.

Maybe you're jumping to that conclusion, but all he said was they're working on new songs everyday.  That's a very vague statement.  Read into it what you want, but it seems like you're reading too much into it.

Good find with that other vid, gnr-4-ever

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #59 on: May 03, 2011, 11:45:56 AM »

because without any release or any form of musical teaser it doesnt matter to music listeners how many songs they're working on!

Re-Union time, baby!!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: