Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 09:10:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Al-Qaeda leader Bin Laden 'dead'
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Al-Qaeda leader Bin Laden 'dead'  (Read 28132 times)
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #140 on: May 04, 2011, 07:35:45 PM »

Probably the right decision. Even if they release them, there will be people saying it's photoshopped (already a few on the net), so that's not important. What's important is that genuine pictures don't become the next recruiting tools for al-qaeda and their elk.

That's true, but some people just won't believe something until they've seen it.  yes

You've got people who think that Bin Laden's been dead for 9 years. And then you've got people thinking that he's some how "working" with the US govenment, and he's being kept safe, and this is just a spoof to fool the world into forgeting about him...   Shocked

So after all of that, why not just release the damn picture online, and anyone who wishes to see it, can. It doesn't need to be splashed all over the tv, or even newspapers. And that won't happen anyway, because of the taste issue, but I don't see any harm in letting individuals see it who really want to, online.  Undecided

You're serious?  The split-second it's released "on-line," it will be EVERYWHERE.  Most notably being used as a recruiting tool for the next fuck-tard that wants fame and notoriety even if it comes posthumously as a "martyr."
Your 1st paragraph summed up the argument for not releasing the evidence.  People will believe what they want to believe.  If foreign leaders want proof, I'm cool with them going into a sealed room...no recording devices, and seeing the evidence that doesn't compromise our covert techniques.  Released to the public?  That doesn't do a damn lick of good in my eyes, other than satisfy morbid curiosity...which is not a good reason for anything in life in my opinion.
 peace

I'm talking about it not being on daytime TV, and printed in newspapers. As it simply wouldn't be, because of the risk of children or minors seeing it. I don't think it would be used as a tool to recruit more terrorist members. As don't you think Al Jazeera showing gory images of dead bodies, of members of Al Qaeda and the Taliban daily, is already enough inspiration for them already.  Roll Eyes

If anything, I think this image would dishearten the Taliban alot, and it might serve as the start of their decline. Also, it would be a powerful tool in terms of the US spiritually declaring victory over the Taliban, and terrorism in general.  ok
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 07:38:58 PM by One.In.A.Million » Logged
zihuatenajo
Headliner

« Reply #141 on: May 04, 2011, 09:58:06 PM »

Probably the right decision. Even if they release them, there will be people saying it's photoshopped (already a few on the net), so that's not important. What's important is that genuine pictures don't become the next recruiting tools for al-qaeda and their elk.

That's true, but some people just won't believe something until they've seen it.  yes

You've got people who think that Bin Laden's been dead for 9 years. And then you've got people thinking that he's some how "working" with the US govenment, and he's being kept safe, and this is just a spoof to fool the world into forgeting about him...   Shocked

So after all of that, why not just release the damn picture online, and anyone who wishes to see it, can. It doesn't need to be splashed all over the tv, or even newspapers. And that won't happen anyway, because of the taste issue, but I don't see any harm in letting individuals see it who really want to, online.  Undecided

You're serious?  The split-second it's released "on-line," it will be EVERYWHERE.  Most notably being used as a recruiting tool for the next fuck-tard that wants fame and notoriety even if it comes posthumously as a "martyr."
Your 1st paragraph summed up the argument for not releasing the evidence.  People will believe what they want to believe.  If foreign leaders want proof, I'm cool with them going into a sealed room...no recording devices, and seeing the evidence that doesn't compromise our covert techniques.  Released to the public?  That doesn't do a damn lick of good in my eyes, other than satisfy morbid curiosity...which is not a good reason for anything in life in my opinion.
 peace

I'm talking about it not being on daytime TV, and printed in newspapers. As it simply wouldn't be, because of the risk of children or minors seeing it. I don't think it would be used as a tool to recruit more terrorist members. As don't you think Al Jazeera showing gory images of dead bodies, of members of Al Qaeda and the Taliban daily, is already enough inspiration for them already.  Roll Eyes

If anything, I think this image would dishearten the Taliban alot, and it might serve as the start of their decline. Also, it would be a powerful tool in terms of the US spiritually declaring victory over the Taliban, and terrorism in general.  ok

Sorry,but killing Bin Laden isn't a spiritual victory over terrorism. Terrorism will always exist. Sure, this horrible man is dead..but it won't be the end of terrorism. Terrorism is an invisible monster who shall plague or planet atleast until all of the homo sapien sapiens are dead and gone..

God made weed, man made booze : who do you trust ?
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #142 on: May 04, 2011, 10:07:37 PM »

Oh great!  Now our 4-legged, antlered friends are getting radicalized???   hihi

rofl Nice catch. ilk is what I meant of course.

Fuck 'Em All.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #143 on: May 04, 2011, 10:48:32 PM »

I'm sorry Genesis, I just had to bite on that typo!  Thanks for being a good sport.
To oneinamillion...I hate to break it to you.  Yes.  Yes, the pic would be front page news.  It WOULD be on tv.  and btw, my kids wouldn't see it, but MOST kids would.
Also, do you really believe conspiracy theorists would believe a photo?  A video??  DNA evidence???  Of course they won't and you know that.
The release of any of that shit serves no purpose.  A "spiritual victory?"  WTF?  Seriously?
The president could not have spelled it out more clearly.  The man is dead.  The fight continues.  That said, this was a blow to the terrorists.
More important perhaps than Bin Laden's death is the information we're most certainly culling together from his "compound."
A lot of motherfuckers are very nervous right now.
There are plenty of sick fucks looking over their shoulders right now over there. 
They know they are being hunted.
They know there is no safe refuge.
One of the aspects of this operation I am most proud of is that we went into Pakistan without alerting the Pakistani government.
President Obama said he'd do this before he was even elected.
He was criticized by Hillary.  He was criticized by Republicans.
He was called "naive," and was told, "his inexperience in foreign affairs is telling."
I for one was pleased as punch.  I posted here regularly back during the '08 campaign and applauded Obama then, just as I am now.
 yes

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #144 on: May 04, 2011, 11:05:58 PM »

I'm sorry Genesis, I just had to bite on that typo!  Thanks for being a good sport.
To oneinamillion...I hate to break it to you.  Yes.  Yes, the pic would be front page news.  It WOULD be on tv.  and btw, my kids wouldn't see it, but MOST kids would.
Also, do you really believe conspiracy theorists would believe a photo?  A video??  DNA evidence???  Of course they won't and you know that.
The release of any of that shit serves no purpose.  A "spiritual victory?"  WTF?  Seriously?
The president could not have spelled it out more clearly.  The man is dead.  The fight continues.  That said, this was a blow to the terrorists.
More important perhaps than Bin Laden's death is the information we're most certainly culling together from his "compound."
A lot of motherfuckers are very nervous right now.
There are plenty of sick fucks looking over their shoulders right now over there. 
They know they are being hunted.
They know there is no safe refuge.
One of the aspects of this operation I am most proud of is that we went into Pakistan without alerting the Pakistani government.
President Obama said he'd do this before he was even elected.
He was criticized by Hillary.  He was criticized by Republicans.
He was called "naive," and was told, "his inexperience in foreign affairs is telling."
I for one was pleased as punch.  I posted here regularly back during the '08 campaign and applauded Obama then, just as I am now.
 yes

I see your point, and you are most likely right...

Regarding Bin Ladens "safe house", I really wouldn't be surprised if the Pakistani army helped build the damn thing for him. I too, am glad that the US didn't alert them about the mission, because if they did, he probably would still be alive, let's face it.  yes
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #145 on: May 05, 2011, 01:34:36 AM »

He's not taken alive, so he is a martyr now?

Anyway, fucking pathetic, mass-murdering, shame-cultural, sexually frustrated and spritually gay god-worshipper finally died.  Ashes to ashes, Dust to dust!

Bush must live the rest of his life in jail.

For? What are you siding with? It was a war and people who free'd us from Nazism was murderers too.

Do you remember that USA is probably* the most dangerous tyrant in the world? I do. As my country (and all the world) does.

AHAHAHHAHAHAHA! China anyone? Israel? Certain African countries? Tyrant... Roll Eyes

Spain colonized most of South America and did what? Yeah, killed innocent people....

Pedantic mode /on

People of Spain colonized SA and did horrible things against the population there.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2011, 01:44:46 AM by norway » Logged

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
eragon
Rocker

« Reply #146 on: May 05, 2011, 03:38:16 AM »

They better had arrested and leaded Bin Laden to the gallows pole so that he gots his justice in front of the entire world press.
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #147 on: May 05, 2011, 09:20:36 AM »

What's so wrong w/ just saying the truth? "We executed him." Fine. I'm guessing most would applaud u. So I like trials! Call me an American!

@MMFlint Michael Moore

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #148 on: May 08, 2011, 09:02:21 PM »

I've watched a video today. I think you should watch it too.

http://youtu.be/HHhZF66C1Dc

Sadly fun. And true.

« Last Edit: May 08, 2011, 09:03:56 PM by Ulises » Logged

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #149 on: May 08, 2011, 09:49:41 PM »

Its something how we can watch video of JFK get his brains blown out but yet cant see a fucking photo of bin laden

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #150 on: May 08, 2011, 11:56:10 PM »

Its something how we can watch video of JFK get his brains blown out but yet cant see a fucking photo of bin laden
I agree with Obama on this one.  What's the point of showing the photos?  The conspiracy theorists and non believers are going to believe what they want to believe regardless.  Showing a photo of a guy who got a bullet through his eye isn't accomplishing anything.  He's dead.  Everybody knows it.  Let's leave it at that.  We don't need to see the pictures or release the videos of it.  Radical Muslims get pissed at political cartoons portraying Allah in a bad light.  What do you think a gruesome picture of one of their heroes with pieces of their skull blown to bits is going to do?

The counter-argument would be they're going to hate us whether we show the pictures or not, but there's just no good purpose behind releasing the photos as far as I'm concerned.  I've heard lawyers say that they'd like to see the photos so they could judge if we killed him lawfully, but I could honestly care less.  The man is dead, and that's all that matters.  So let's move on.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #151 on: May 09, 2011, 07:28:38 PM »

I agree with Obama on this one.  What's the point of showing the photos?  The conspiracy theorists and non believers are going to believe what they want to believe regardless.  Showing a photo of a guy who got a bullet through his eye isn't accomplishing anything.  He's dead.  Everybody knows it.  Let's leave it at that.  We don't need to see the pictures or release the videos of it.  Radical Muslims get pissed at political cartoons portraying Allah in a bad light.  What do you think a gruesome picture of one of their heroes with pieces of their skull blown to bits is going to do?

The counter-argument would be they're going to hate us whether we show the pictures or not, but there's just no good purpose behind releasing the photos as far as I'm concerned.  I've heard lawyers say that they'd like to see the photos so they could judge if we killed him lawfully, but I could honestly care less.  The man is dead, and that's all that matters.  So let's move on.

Well said Faldor.  Like President Obama said in the 60 Minutes interview (which btw, if you didn't see, was fantastic) , "there's no need to spike the football."  And when it came to the treatment of Bin Laden's corpse, the President explained that we treated it with much more care than Bin laden did with almost 3,000 innocents in the WTC attack...we were better than him.  It's called taking the high road, and it's quite refreshing. 
D, the JFK comparison couldn't be any more apples and oranges.  Would you argue that the death photos should be released?  If so, what's your rationale?  Just curious. 

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #152 on: May 10, 2011, 07:56:19 PM »

I hate this notion that Al Qeada are all of a sudden not going to hate us just because we didn't release the photos. Shit, us killing him is war cry enough.

I just think people deserve the right to get the closure they need by seeing with their own eyes he is dead.

Totally unrelated:

when my dad passed away i was in shock.. i didn't gain closure till i actually saw him, then it became reality and i was able to start the healing

With Bin Laden..  I think the country deserves and it is our right to see them.

U can take the high road or be a coward... Al Qeada already have the next batch. not releasing the photos makes it appear we still fear them and that they still got the best of us.

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #153 on: May 10, 2011, 08:50:20 PM »

I hate this notion that Al Qeada are all of a sudden not going to hate us just because we didn't release the photos. Shit, us killing him is war cry enough.

I just think people deserve the right to get the closure they need by seeing with their own eyes he is dead.

Totally unrelated:

when my dad passed away i was in shock.. i didn't gain closure till i actually saw him, then it became reality and i was able to start the healing

With Bin Laden..  I think the country deserves and it is our right to see them.

U can take the high road or be a coward... Al Qeada already have the next batch. not releasing the photos makes it appear we still fear them and that they still got the best of us.

D, I don't know one damn person stupid enough to think that since we didn't release the photos, Al Qaeda would hate our government any less.  That's not the reasoning.  If you think that's their basis, you are mistaken.

If you believe we aren't releasing the photos out of fear, again, I think you are mistaken.

On the "closure" comment.  Seeing Bin Laden's dead body does nothing.  It gets people no closer to "closure."  You had a bond with your father D.  Seeing him after he had passed had to be an incredibly powerful moment for you, I can't imagine.  But, you had a bond with him.  Americans have no bond with Bin Laden.  Again, it's apples and oranges. 

When family members of crime victims witness the electrocution of the criminal that killed their loved one...do you think they feel any better after having seen the eye taken for the eye?  Is it the fact they are witnessing the death they are happy about? or is it the fact that person can not harm their family again?  I think it's the latter.  I take it you'd argue the former.

In a war against terror, there is no end.  There is never closure.  The threat will always exist.  Nations must stay vigilant forever.  Is that living in fear?  I don't think so.  It's living rationally. 

Releasing the photos serves no purpose.  It's a wise and prudent decision to prevent the release.  In the words of President Obama, "spiking the football" accomplishes nothing. 

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #154 on: May 10, 2011, 11:01:37 PM »

Well, there is a difference in spiking the ball and doing a stupid Ocho cinco celebration... the crowds after were in the latter. Nothing wrong imo with a good emphatic spike after a score to put the exclamation point on.

I would've paraded his body downtown and burned the fucking thing in an incinerator in the middle of time square and pissed on the ashes.

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #155 on: May 11, 2011, 04:12:09 PM »

Well, there is a difference in spiking the ball and doing a stupid Ocho cinco celebration... the crowds after were in the latter. Nothing wrong imo with a good emphatic spike after a score to put the exclamation point on.

I would've paraded his body downtown and burned the fucking thing in an incinerator in the middle of time square and pissed on the ashes.

Again, whether it's spiking the football or doing an Ochocinco celebratory dance...neither do anybody any good.  Just my opinion.
Btw, of course I'd love to do what you mentioned in your 2nd paragraph, but wanting to do something and needing to do something are 2 very different things.
I am sure OBL's underlings are deciding who'll be the next face of their operation...and I'm sure every intelligence service in the world is out there watching, listening, infiltrating, and helping to keep the free world safe from these punks.

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: