Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 11:04:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Al-Qaeda leader Bin Laden 'dead'
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Al-Qaeda leader Bin Laden 'dead'  (Read 28134 times)
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2011, 09:21:32 AM »

so, you really see this as a ''U.S. vs. Terrorism'' thing?

im happy that that son of a bitch is dead, but there are some american leaders/former-leaders that deserve death too.

USA is not 100% the good and the taliban 100% the evil in all this thing. Don't be hypocrite.

We got to give peace a chance, really. Leave that cheap nationalism and start thinking about global justice and about peace.
With all due respect, it's not the time or place for a response like that.  I suggest you refrain from making any further posts of that sort.

ok, just be sure to give me a shout when the ''proper time'' to say what I think comes...

be happy living the illusion that ''us, americans, are the good, and we are here to save the world''.

i might live in the so called third world BUT at least, in my country, im allowed to speak my mind.

Remember 9/11? We do.

I do too.

But i also remember how the US leaded by its former president killed more than one million of innocent civilians in Irak. I also remember a whole lot of other things that the *good* US did in the name of *peace*  and *justice* that I wont mention because perhaps this is *not the place or the time*...

http://www.wsws.org/articles/2010/apr2010/bara-a03.shtml
You're just being completely disrespectful.  If you want to continue to do so, then I guess it is the proper time.  Do what you do, if it makes you feel better.  I'd rather not read that nonsense though, so I'd rather you start a "I hate America" thread, and I'll be sure and stay out of that one because I could care less what you think.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2011, 09:57:49 AM »

10 years, 2 wars, 919,967 deaths & $1,188,263,000,000 later, they managed to kill one person. I hope it was worth it.

Pretty sad.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2011, 10:26:19 AM »

10 years, 2 wars, 919,967 deaths & $1,188,263,000,000 later, they managed to kill one person. I hope it was worth it.

Pretty sad.
Obviously the money spent and lives lost over the last 10 years is indeed really sad.  But we'll see if it was worth it in the end.  If the loss of Bin Laden limits and ultimately levels Al Qaeda and terrorism in general, then I'd say it was absolutely worth it.  And regardless, for all the victims and people associated with 9/11, it was worth it to see the mastermind behind the whole thing meet his fate.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2011, 10:54:07 AM »

This is a pretty good article breaking the mission down, describing how it went.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0511/54093.html

Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2011, 10:56:18 AM »

Great day for the whole world.  It shows nobody is untouchable.  The fact that he was still breathing was an inspiration to so many that followed him and a complete insult to those who lost loved ones.  While this does not end the war on terror, it does bring a man responsible for killing 3,000 Americans in one day to justice.  It is sad that I have already seen the same old fucking bullshit in this thread with people making this a political debate, but what else is new?  Good job by Barack Obama.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2011, 11:08:23 AM »

Remember Al Qaida under Bin Laden also killed people terror attacks in England, Spain, Africa, Bali, etc. So this is not just good news for the USA.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2011, 11:17:32 AM »

Remember Al Qaida under Bin Laden also killed people terror attacks in England, Spain, Africa, Bali, etc. So this is not just good news for the USA.

Absolutely, like Bodhi said, it's a great day for the WHOLE WORLD!  And as Obama pointed out, Bin Laden had killed many Muslims as well.  So this truly is a great day for the whole world.

GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2011, 11:19:04 AM »

Agreed.  This is great news for the entire world.  Of course, Al Qaida will remain a threat, but this hurts them.  Innocent lives were saved as a result of this creep's death and, for those already lost, justice was served.  
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2011, 11:35:06 AM »

This could be a game changer with the morale in Al Qaida.

Hopefully this takes us a step closer to getting our guys out of Afghanistan.

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2011, 01:15:54 PM »

Al-Qaeda's remaining leaders

After 11 September 2001, the US issued a list of suspected al-Qaeda leaders. Many have now been captured or killed, including Osama Bin Laden, while some new names have emerged.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-south-asia-11489337

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #30 on: May 02, 2011, 01:30:32 PM »

"Good" numbers my friend.

-------------

so, you really see this as a ''U.S. vs. Terrorism'' thing?

im happy that that son of a bitch is dead, but there are some american leaders/former-leaders that deserve death too.

USA is not 100% the good and the taliban 100% the evil in all this thing. Don't be hypocrite.

We got to give peace a chance, really. Leave that cheap nationalism and start thinking about global justice and about peace.

Remember 9/11? We do.

Rot in hell Bin Laden.

Do you remember that USA is probably* the most dangerous tyrant in the world? I do. As my country (and all the world) does.

*I don't want this post getting deleted so I emphasize "probably".
------

I'm reading a lot of people being happy about this and make USA look as the "victim" and feeling bad about USA for all the 9/11 thing (don't wanna misconceptions...I do not support that)

My question is what they feel about USA killing civilians around the world, blocking Cuba since decades, being on the top of the global pollution that's killing us, implating military dictatorships in Latin America in the '70's, being behind every single move against real democracy in South America and a-long-and-sad etc.

Terrorism is far from good. But USA clearly is not a victim.

But...oh!...I forgot people eats what CNN put in his plates: USA is the savior.  Wink . Lot of cynicism and hypocresy in the air...
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 01:49:11 PM by Ulises » Logged

Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #31 on: May 02, 2011, 02:46:34 PM »

This is actually one thing Dems and GOP agree on

http://politics.blogs.foxnews.com/2011/05/02/potential-white-house-candidates-praise-obama-after-ubl-s-death

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #32 on: May 02, 2011, 02:58:46 PM »

I think, it's time we withdraw and make our way home.  The country is broke and morally bankrupt--lol 

I think it's time we come home and clean up our own house.  Quit sending jobs over seas, quit buying so many products from other countries, get our nose out of every bodies business, we have shit to deal with here.  The rest of the world pretty much hates the US.  They're glad we show up to throw money at their problems but I don't think that helps, besides we're broke.  We need to come home and focus on what were doing before we can be of help to anybody else, not that they want it any way.

Could not agree more...

All these ungrateful fucks who are trashing the US would be begging for the help... If all of these countries hate us so much, why are they our allies?

Esteban, Ulises, you know damn well if your countries were being attacked the USA would be right there to help... You fucks wouldn't be bitching then would you?
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #33 on: May 02, 2011, 03:03:15 PM »

estaban and ulises,  I would like you to name one country that has done more to help the rest of the world than America.  Name me one country that has given MORE money or aid to other countries when they need it most.  Just one....

« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 03:04:59 PM by Bodhi » Logged
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #34 on: May 02, 2011, 03:07:43 PM »

estaban and ulises,  I would like you to name one country that has done more to help the rest of the world than America.  Name me one country that has given MORE money or aid to other countries when they need it most.  Just one....

Oh wait they cant!  ok
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #35 on: May 02, 2011, 03:10:17 PM »

Oh wait they cant!  ok

thats what I mean, calling America the most dangerous tyrant in the world is completely fucking stupid.  Is America perfect?  Of course not.  But they do more to help the rest of the world than any other country on this planet.
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #36 on: May 02, 2011, 03:29:04 PM »

if you dont demand it, its not help. Latin America DONT need your home-made presidents, we dont need you to tell us how we should rule our countries. And I cant remember what have you done for our region, other than trying to separate us. I do remember the help you provided to England regarding falklands, for example. What does Falkland got to do with the US? No one knows. But you still put your nose there, and everywhere you consider there's a $$$ reason to put it.

And if you think the US ''gives money or aid to other countries because they are all good and they want the best for the world'' you're being too naive.

Remember Hiroshima. Remember the 1.000.000+ innoncent civilians killed in Irak. Think about the numbers of deaths. You're #1 in the historic ranking. Im pretty fucking curious about what the US colleges teach to the american students in a subject like ''history''... are you really learning you're the ''world saviors''?

Good to know Osama is dead. I personally will wait for a sentence of life imprisonment to George W. Bush to go out to the street to celebrate.

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #37 on: May 02, 2011, 03:34:26 PM »

I think, it's time we withdraw and make our way home.  The country is broke and morally bankrupt--lol 

I think it's time we come home and clean up our own house.  Quit sending jobs over seas, quit buying so many products from other countries, get our nose out of every bodies business, we have shit to deal with here.  The rest of the world pretty much hates the US.  They're glad we show up to throw money at their problems but I don't think that helps, besides we're broke.  We need to come home and focus on what were doing before we can be of help to anybody else, not that they want it any way.

Could not agree more...

All these ungrateful fucks who are trashing the US would be begging for the help... If all of these countries hate us so much, why are they our allies?

Esteban, Ulises, you know damn well if your countries were being attacked the USA would be right there to help... You fucks wouldn't be bitching then would you?

I don't want to start an argument with you guys.

United States acts with hidden intentions. USA always acts looking for advantage (in some way, it's valid since it's all politics but it's not real help).

Yes, they could give you money but with ridiculous interests. Yes, they could give you money but at the same time saying: "I'll give you money if you do what I say". We all know that's the way USA acts. USA helps when is convinient and advisable.

So...if we're talking about *help*...oh yeah, USA helps. If we're talking about *disinterested help* (the real help, the help that really counts)...well...  confused .

But hey, you think "white", I think "black". We won't never agree because you're in the gold chair, you're sitting on the center of the empire and I'm just a third-world-guy in a country who was pretty seriosly damaged in the history because of certainly USA's foreign policies.

If you come to me and ask for money and I say "Ok...i'll give you the money you asking me for but you have to give me your kidney"...it is something you'd call "HELP"?. And "give money" is not all...sometimes countries don't want money, they want RESPECT.

Think about it, guys.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 03:43:53 PM by Ulises » Logged

GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #38 on: May 02, 2011, 03:36:47 PM »

My question is what they feel about USA killing civilians around the world, blocking Cuba since decades, being on the top of the global pollution that's killing us, implating military dictatorships in Latin America in the '70's, being behind every single move against real democracy in South America and a-long-and-sad etc.

Many Americans have issues with all that.  Just as many of those same Americans take pride in the USA's positive contributions to the world.  But what does any of that have to do with capturing and killing bin Laden?  As has been mentioned, he was responsible for terrorist attacks that have killed scores of innocents in many countries, not just the US.  So American forces eliminate him and your response is basically 'America sucks'?  I don't get it.  
Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #39 on: May 02, 2011, 03:40:32 PM »

Many Americans have issues with all that.  Just as many of those same Americans take pride in the USA's positive contributions to the world.  But what does any of that have to do with capturing and killing bin Laden?  As has been mentioned, he was responsible for terrorist attacks that have killed scores of innocents in many countries, not just the US.  So American forces eliminate him and your response is basically 'America sucks'?  I don't get it.  

That's typical: "If you don't think 100% like me, you're against me".

Man...once again...i'm not saying "United States sucks" (I'll never say "America"...America is the entire fuckin' continent) and I do not support Bin Laden . I'm just saying that USA are far from being a hero or something like that. You've caused a lot of damage in ALL the history to A LOT of countries...I don't like Bin Laden but we're talking about a terrorist and a country who sometimes acts like one...

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: