Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 07:21:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227818 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Journey
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Journey  (Read 2373 times)
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« on: June 18, 2008, 02:27:59 PM »

I'm sure we all know about Journey, and we all love Steve Perry.

If we don't, then we should. I'm listening to their new album, Revelations, which is good actually. They do get singers that sound like Journey. I would love love love to see Perry back in the band, but this Asian dude off youtube is a great singer.

It kinda sucks hearing new music (well the last 3 albums) without Perry, but he's good. Their new album is great.

They re-recorded 11 of their hits with the new dude.

THis is the first cd I've listened through since Trial By Fire.

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2009, 07:34:02 PM »

American rock sensation JOURNEY will help kick off Super Bowl XLIII as part of the pre-game festivities adjacent to Raymond James Stadium during the Super Bowl XLIII celebration in Tampa Bay on Sunday, February 1 at 5:30 p.m. EST. JOHN LEGEND will also appear.

More than 148 million viewers in the U.S. watched last year's Super Bowl, the most-watched television program in history. The pre-game show and Super Bowl XLIII will be broadcast worldwide to more than 230 countries and territories.

JOURNEY ? Neal Schon (guitar), Jonathan Cain (keyboards), Ross Valory (bass), Deen Castronovo (drums) and Arnel Pineda (vocals) ? earned platinum honors in 2008 for the band's latest album, "Revelation", marking JOURNEY's 11th platinum album certification to date.

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2009, 08:41:09 AM »

Journey was on my top 5 faves back in the day, in fact was just listening their greatest hits a couple of weeks ago.  Saw them when I was about 19 here in Seattle with Bryan Adams, excellent I must say. 

Steve Perry has the most beatiful voice, you are right in saying that Arnel does a pretty fine job filling Steves shoes vocally.  On the norm If the lead singer is no longer with  a group I would normally become unsupportive, but not the case this time round. ok

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2009, 06:28:40 AM »

Up until recently I'd never heard any Journey beyond the track Open Arms.

Being a big fan of the tv series Supernatural, I downloaded a torrent of music used on the series, one track was Wheel In The Sky, I loved it and not long after ordered the Greatest Hits off play.com and I have been playing it loads, I've really enjoyed it, so much so, a few days ago on Vinyl I picked up Raised on Radio, Escape and FrontiersCheesy
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2009, 02:53:44 PM »

The new Journey singer is actually Filipino

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2009, 06:15:12 AM »

The new Journey singer is actually Filipino
Yes he is and I have to admit, I really think he does a fine job, pretty damn close in voice comparison.

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
bluedevil2179
Headliner

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2011, 10:14:14 PM »

From the new "Eclipse" album:

"Human Feel"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEAT-fBIngA&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

"City of Hope"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0IKs8CYHNM&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL
Jayster
Headliner

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2011, 12:16:18 AM »

im probably going to be seeing them in the summer, there playing in Chicago with Foreigner. i watched youtube videos of them live and i really really gid Arnel's voice. he does a great job! i hope they still play "ask the lonely" live as thats been one of my favorite Journey songs for a long time.

also ive been listening to Steve's solo album "for the love of strange medicine" lately...i love the song "somewhere theres hope" really amazing vocal's from Steve on it. if youve never heard it, looks it up on youtube, its a fantastic track.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: