Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 05:22:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227799 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  New official videos ?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: New official videos ?  (Read 4548 times)
nick6sic6
VIP

Kindness is a treasure

« on: May 12, 2016, 04:24:51 PM »

What do you think about the latest little videos posted officially ?
I don't want to be ungrateful,every new official video is welcomed,but 30 second snippets from each show ?
Metallica post full songs proshot on yt,same as other big rock bands.
Why can't we have that as well ?

Athens 1993,
Lisbon 2006,
Athens 2006,
Belgrade 2010,
Basel 2012,
Sofia 2012
Stockholm 2017
Prague 2022
Athens 2023
muttley
Opening Act

« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2016, 05:27:15 PM »

I'll admit when it was announced that there'd be a new video everyday for a week or something I was thinking more along the lines of a full song live performance from any of the shows.

So I'm not particularly into the fact that it's live footage mixed with studio tracks, but then again, I sense it could be leading up to something... So I'm certainly not gonna kick up a fuss about it.

Seeing the guys on stage is great!  peace

lowercase.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2016, 05:37:18 PM »

So I'm not particularly into the fact that it's live footage mixed with studio tracks, but then again, I sense it could be leading up to something... So I'm certainly not gonna kick up a fuss about it.
Im with you. But then again, the Troubadour clip didnt even had a soundboard audio, even tho they released before a couple of videos with soundboard. So I dont really know what to expect.

--DEA--
Rocker

Try it!!

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2016, 05:48:14 PM »

I did not expect anything more than this.. It's guns n' roses we are talking about.. Don't know why they can't share more stuff to there fans.. No pro shot or interviews or any information about anything.. Maybe there will come more when the real tour starts? ;-)
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2016, 06:19:59 PM »

^^^ guys guys guys....

Seriously... look at what we've had so far. New line up.... rocking shows.... the excitement levels have gone through the roof and Guns are on their way back. I just finished looking at the online store and as you all know, the merch in there now is farrrrking awesome... they have all the old vintage shirts from their hey-day... stuff i've been searching for for years at stupid prices...

the point is, we cant expect to have everything over-night. None of us know what they are working on in terms of official releases... we might have to wait till the end of the year? christmas or something??? Id love a full recording of the troubadour show for example.. or maybe an official release of one of these stadium shows when axl is up and about again.

I just think a few of you are jumping the gun by whinging for things when its still early days.

I learnt my lesson last year when everything was quiet and it looked bleak, now look what we have.

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2016, 06:25:30 PM »

I think it's safe to say that at least one show will be released on dvd/bd during or after the tour. It's a big event.

I'm still hoping they will explore the possibilities of selling each show's soundboard audio though.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
nick6sic6
VIP

Kindness is a treasure

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2016, 06:30:57 PM »

Hey,I'm just a hungry fan half around the world keeping my fingers crossed for a European tour.
Until that happens,I expect anything that is easy and simple (at least it appears so) and other artists do for their fans,Guns could do as well.
Perhaps we'll get an official dvd release and everyone will be happy.
This isn't complaining, just wanting more !

Athens 1993,
Lisbon 2006,
Athens 2006,
Belgrade 2010,
Basel 2012,
Sofia 2012
Stockholm 2017
Prague 2022
Athens 2023
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2016, 06:32:22 PM »

I think it's safe to say that at least one show will be released on dvd/bd during or after the tour. It's a big event.

I'm still hoping they will explore the possibilities of selling each show's soundboard audio though.

I'd love to see a double release or box set... along the lines of the last show in Argentina 93... maybe the troubadour show and one of these big stadium shows.. maybe philly.. (that would be awesome considering that philly show from the UYI tour was shot for PC)

I dunno.. theres lots of options, but like you said, i think we will get something and i dont think we will have to wait 15 years for it. The marketing and selling from GNR so far has really already exceeded my expectations, i mean... all the old vintage shirts being available again is a masterstroke, which i didnt think theyd be capable of.. so that gives me great hope for more stuff for us die-hards. Smiley
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2016, 06:34:41 PM »

Hey,I'm just a hungry fan half around the world keeping my fingers crossed for a European tour.
Until that happens,I expect anything that is easy and simple (at least it appears so) and other artists do for their fans,Guns could do as well.
Perhaps we'll get an official dvd release and everyone will be happy.
This isn't complaining, just wanting more !

ha yeah all good mate - I am the same, im down here in Oz and i am hanging onto any piece of news about whether guns will get to us in the summer... there have been rumours that january they will be here and im hanging on that seeing i cant get to the states right now for this tour.

And dont get me wrong, if they do release anything... ill be one of the first to open my wallet. Smiley
gcluskey
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2016, 07:05:07 PM »

Can't believe all that's happened so far this year...amazing

With your piss flaps flappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nuthin' done...
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2016, 07:16:41 PM »

the point is, we cant expect to have everything over-night.
Yes we can.  We're fan-atical.

We may not get what we want when we want it but that has nothing to do with what - in any other similar circumstance - would be a reasonable/do-able expectation.

I want it.  I want it now.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2016, 07:25:24 PM »

the point is, we cant expect to have everything over-night.
Yes we can.  We're fan-atical.

We may not get what we want when we want it but that has nothing to do with what - in any other similar circumstance - would be a reasonable/do-able expectation.

I want it.  I want it now.

you sound like that little brat off willy wonka and the chocolate factory  rofl
GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2016, 07:39:46 PM »

Maybe. 

But just like with those "old vintage shirts" you mentioned that are now available that you searched years for, isn't it reasonable to have expected something like that be made available overnight from day 1?

Like I said, under other similar circumstances, a lot of these things would be considered reasonable expectations.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
nick6sic6
VIP

Kindness is a treasure

« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2016, 07:50:39 PM »

All I'd like for now is one proshot song on yt from the 5 shows so far.

Athens 1993,
Lisbon 2006,
Athens 2006,
Belgrade 2010,
Basel 2012,
Sofia 2012
Stockholm 2017
Prague 2022
Athens 2023
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2016, 08:01:14 PM »

Maybe. 

But just like with those "old vintage shirts" you mentioned that are now available that you searched years for, isn't it reasonable to have expected something like that be made available overnight from day 1?

Like I said, under other similar circumstances, a lot of these things would be considered reasonable expectations.

yeah its not an unreasonable expectation.
GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2016, 08:07:51 PM »

And you have to wonder who exactly is the audience those 30 seconds videos are being marketed to??

ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2016, 12:29:29 AM »

And you have to wonder who exactly is the audience those 30 seconds videos are being marketed to??

i think thats why it seems to be leading up to something, as someone previously said.

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
Virolec
Rocker

« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2016, 11:12:27 AM »

Axl Rose is the master - the world master - of leaving people wanting more.  He's made a very successful career out of giving people just short of what they want, just short of what you would expect would be standard, just short of what would bore you. 

Nargle them.  Fargle them.  Nargle-fargle them.
adydas78
Headliner

« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2016, 11:20:48 AM »

Yeah, I was pretty excited about the short videos, dreaming about the possibility of having the Vegas shows released. That would be such an awesome thing! However, Jarmo said in another thread that he didn't see anyone else filming besides Kat. And if you look at the videos it does look like it's filmed from the angles where she would stand...right in front of the first row, or behind the stage...

At this point I highly doubt there is pro-shot footage of these shows. There might be soundboard recording though, if that's released, would be still awesome.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: