Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 10:20:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227818 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The Other New Song Titles Axl Confirmed (CD2)
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Other New Song Titles Axl Confirmed (CD2)  (Read 11044 times)
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #40 on: August 15, 2011, 08:42:52 PM »

Hmm.  I certainly hope these aren't simply Japanese imports.  I know GNR's back catalogue being remastered & rereleased has long been on the wishlist of GNR fans.  That would be very cool indeed.

Why would best buy import the old albums from japan when you can buy them in the us? Is there anything different with the japanese ones?

I hope they can get some new tracks out there soonish I'm hungry for more material!

It would be odd if BB did that, which is why it looks like these are something else.  Not necessarily a new album, but that price seems to indicate that this is something different.  We'll see...

The cd's in question are so called SHM, here's the wikipedia explanation of the abbreviation:

Super High Material (SHM-CD); a Compact Disc manufacturing process for some pre-recorded compact discs since 2006 in Japan only that is claimed to have improved sound.

Hmm, so I guess that's it then & explains the price.  Not very exciting and not sure why it's on the BB website.  Now that I think of it, I think something similar (SHM-CD) popped up on amazon.com a couple years before CD's release, causing fans to speculate about an upcoming release. I guess this is just an overly-expensive batch of import CDs.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: