Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 09, 2024, 10:09:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228016 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  We DEMAND 'Oh My God' at the upcoming shows
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: We DEMAND 'Oh My God' at the upcoming shows  (Read 13741 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2011, 10:29:04 AM »

It's one thing to have a favorite song that you'd love to see performed live. Wishing to hear/see it be performed live. Possibly at the show you're attending.

It's something else to demand songs to be played live based on the fact that you'll watch the bootleg.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Chinese Monopoly
Rocker

« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2011, 10:29:54 AM »

What gives you the mandate to demand anything (particularly as GN?R are touring)?

Chinese Monopoly
Rocker

« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2011, 10:31:33 AM »

What about the fans who are paying to see the show?

They will be pleased regardless of these so called ?demands? being fulfilled or not. Smiley

AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2011, 10:32:47 AM »

the quoted Axl rant was about their stable 2006 setlists, we have an upcoming 2011(!) Axl comeback now, Jarmo, this is some different  Kiss

It's not different. The same people who have been whining are still doing it.

Same old, same old.

"I'm gonna be watching it at home on a bootleg so I demand they play this and that".

What about the fans who are paying to see the show?

/jarmo

Not to mention that the setlists on the last tour featured a lot of songs that had never been played before, as well as a few surprises.

If you go to see multiple shows and it's the exact same set every night, you'd have at least some right to complain (not a right to demand changes, though)... but it just doesn't make sense complaining about the sets in shows you're not at. So you've seen it before... so what? Most of the people who are actually at the show haven't!
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2011, 10:57:04 AM »

Most bands have setlists for a reason, it is to give the same quality show to every fan every night.  They can't take into account people who are going to go to multiple shows.  For example say GNR took "Jungle" out of the setlist one night to play "Perfect Crime."  Sure the fans who go to 10 shows are going to be stoked about that, but what about the fan who cant afford to go to a bunch of shows?  What if that were the first GNR show a kid ever saw, and they didn't play "Jungle", that would suck for them.  The goal is to give the audience the same quality show every night. 

I saw Avenged Sevenfold 10 times on their "Nightmare" touring cycle over the past year, on 4 different legs.  On each leg it is the exact same show, same song order, same everything, and for the most part all the shows on all the legs were extremely similar.  Did I bitch?  No, I am one of the ones who feel very fortunate  to go see one of my favorite bands of all time play live that many times, and since I love almost every song by them, why would I complain about hearing them over and over?  I am actually going to another show in CT on 9/11, thats how sick of seeing the same show I am.

On the current Rockstar Uproar tour that they are headlining  they have allowed fans to choose their setlist every night by voting for the songs on Facebook, which was great, as they played some songs I havent heard them play live in almost 10 years as well as their staples from every other show.  That is a cool route that I'm sure all of us would love GNR to go in, but that is the bands call, it certainly isn't something we should be demanding, I'm happy enough that it looks like I will get to see them in the U.S this year.  I would love to hear songs off of "CD" that I have never heard but it's been 5 years, they can just get onstage and play "Jungle" 20 times straight and I'll be more than satistfied!
« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 10:59:17 AM by Bodhi » Logged
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2011, 11:52:24 AM »

so an official (Proshot) youtube-broadcast with soundboard audio, signed by bands/management, from Rio is a "bootleg"?  hihi
doesnt change anything, people can judge a band from a live broadcast, bootleg, being there. its just different takes, i did that with Rock Am Ring myself for example....turned out i had different thoughts on about what songs worked great live there, f.e. i didnt realize "Nightrain" being that killer when hearing/seeing it live but the tv broadcast proved me wrong; i've thought "SCOM" was sung well by Axl...but that turned out being not true at all.
the excitement part of being @ a live show often can be misleading in this.

i disagree with you, Bodhi, the "exact" same setlists every night is hell boring to me and IMO for the band aswell. there are wayyy more stable setlist-bands than Axl & Co, i just dont like such a thing in this age. more unpredictable setlists are prefered for many of the multiple show-goers...and for such a "dangerous" band its more like a must IMO.

Jungle 20 times in a row? now that would be cool as hell! i'd even welcome it if they'd open a show with Dont Cry!!
changes are refreshing for fans and the band members, doing that is a win-win situation in my eyes.

Re-Union time, baby!!
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2011, 11:54:58 AM »

You go to 20 GNR shows in a row?

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2011, 11:58:54 AM »

It's a bit amusing to see fans demand things for shows they're not planning on attending.

It's like me demanding you eat cabbage for breakfast....

It's nice that people care though. But to demand songs, especially when you're not attending is a bit.... Amusing.

/jarmo

So...if I DEMAND (whoa...what a funny word for a fan asking for songs to his favourite band) songs for La Plata or Rosario I'm ok? I mean...I'm attending those shows  hihi

JDA
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2011, 12:02:38 PM »

Never been a huge fan of this song, but what ever.  I remember picking up the cd and being really excited to hear my first new GN'R song, in 8 yrs, and then being like, WTF was that? It's ok, but not something I would want GN'R to do again.
JDA
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2011, 12:05:27 PM »

i wouldnt be amusing to see the same setlist again though  Wink

I don't mind.

It's my favorite band playing songs I love.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUhSa1_Cmu0

That's what it's about.

/jarmo

That's good stuff.  I really would like to sit and have some drinks with him and BS for an entire night. 
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #30 on: September 02, 2011, 12:07:37 PM »

so an official (Proshot) youtube-broadcast with soundboard audio, signed by bands/management, from Rio is a "bootleg"?  hihi

Usually bands allow their shows to be broadcast.

If you make a recording of it, you have a bootleg.

There's a difference in sharing the experience with people who can't be present in Rio de Janeiro, and performing for he people who aren't present.

doesnt change anything, people can judge a band from a live broadcast, bootleg, being there. its just different takes, i did that with Rock Am Ring myself for example....turned out i had different thoughts on about what songs worked great live there, f.e. i didnt realize "Nightrain" being that killer when hearing/seeing it live but the tv broadcast proved me wrong; i've thought "SCOM" was sung well by Axl...but that turned out being not true at all.
the excitement part of being @ a live show often can be misleading in this.

No. You judge a live show by being there.

That's the whole point.

If you enjoyed something, it was your natural reaction. Not based on some TV production. Camera angles etc.

Why do you think concert reviews are actually based on the writer being at the show (hopefully) instead of watching clips on Youtube?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #31 on: September 02, 2011, 12:28:17 PM »

I guess Ron said on one of those streamings with Poc that he never rehearsed Oh My God. I think it's pretty much safe to say the song, as good as it is IMHO, won't be played again anytime soon.

norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #32 on: September 02, 2011, 02:42:16 PM »

smoking smoking Srsly like Axlroseven now, dig? smoking smoking smoking
It's a bit amusing to see fans demand things for shows they're not planning on attending.

I'll be watching! Aaand...it's also on befalf of those attending. Wink

It's a good song, an important song for many fans and musiclovers in general and many wants it.

When they go out I think it might be too late to ask, cause they need to rehearse it.

It's one thing to have a favorite song that you'd love to see performed live. Wishing to hear/see it be performed live. Possibly at the show you're attending.

It's something else to demand songs to be played live based on the fact that you'll watch the bootleg.

Well he gave us the princsessyndorome!

But  mkay, it's humoristic... I'd wished they play it...and many feels the same. peace

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
norway
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #33 on: September 02, 2011, 02:50:14 PM »

He'd really nail it...he sings it low and end it on high notes. If we gonna hear it live again...

And it's just SO fucking heavy oO

It's not different. The same people who have been whining are still doing it.

Why can't he play with the satanbeard again!! Angry

har har... hihi

Seriously, I'm joking but begging...I'd sacrifice a goat for this. Many would go insane for this special moment in history. Don't put words into his mouth tho, he CCL about bitching (some people are expecting a revolution Tongue) and the flamewar-press, not necesarily people anticipating updates and uploads from the other side of the world to see our...god! He's not human! Lips Sealed

What gives you the mandate to demand anything (particularly as GN?R are touring)?

I'm Todd, the intern...sekrat! Grin Get a sense of humor yes
« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 03:21:03 PM by norway » Logged

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #34 on: September 02, 2011, 02:51:23 PM »

I guess Ron said on one of those streamings with Poc that he never rehearsed Oh My God. I think it's pretty much safe to say the song, as good as it is IMHO, won't be played again anytime soon.

The rehearsal doesn't start until next week though..

They might be adding songs to the setlist which they've never played or rehearsed before  Smiley

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #35 on: September 02, 2011, 04:49:55 PM »

Come on, demanding things from Uncle Axl is not the way to get what you want!

Question is, how do we get what we want?!

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #36 on: September 02, 2011, 05:06:16 PM »

Question is, how do we get what we want?!

Find your nearest Burger King.

Wink

/jarmo

norway
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #37 on: September 02, 2011, 05:47:44 PM »

Extra fries for me plz!

GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #38 on: September 02, 2011, 08:53:58 PM »

Sorry norway but Axl ONLY plays songs I demand!!!

Case in Point:  November 2009, I posted for GNR to play a Sly & The Family Stone song.  January 2010, GNR played a Sly & The Family Stone song in Ottawa!!!

THE GYPSY'S THE BOSS OF GNR!!!!*

*okay so the thread I posted suggesting they play a S&TFS song had absolutely NOTHING to do with demanding or even requesting a certain song be played.  And I'm sure it was purely coincidental that a S&TFS song was played.  And the song that was played was NOT one of the ones I suggested.  And I believe it was played as part of one of those piano moving jams and Axl wasn't even on stage at the time.  And not only was I NOT at this Ottawa show but I'm not even really sure exactly where Ottawa is.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #39 on: September 03, 2011, 12:37:51 AM »

''Oh My God'' is in my all time top-5 Guns N' Roses songs. What a killer tune. I'd love to see the band playing it again. Same for Riad.

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: