Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 03:14:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227826 Posts in 43249 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Wake up, it's time to play!
| |-+  Appetite For Collection
| | |-+  Filiming shows
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Filiming shows  (Read 3403 times)
xxgunsxx
Headliner

« on: November 07, 2011, 12:32:46 AM »

What are some good suggestions for camera's to use for filiming during  a show? It's time for me to get a new one and I would really enjoy one that can savor the great moments of a monster rock such show like we are being treated to in the US Smiley
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2011, 12:55:17 AM »

iPhone
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2011, 12:42:52 PM »

iPhone

This...

I've been using my N70 since 2006 to film shows, cost me ?350 and was considered one of the best video recording phones of it's time. And now, I'm also thinking of what I want to upgrade with, and I'm almost certain it's going to be an iphone, can't beat them really.

No point in taking a camera, because it's always going to be hit N' miss regarding walking out with it still intact. At least with a mobile, you know they can't take it off you. And in that case, the best thing on the market at the moment is an iphone.
xxgunsxx
Headliner

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2011, 04:48:13 PM »

I have a sony bloggie touch 8gb. Just curious how well it work. Camera's are easy for me to get in. didn't know if this would work better then a standard digital camera. Never used a video cam like this before.
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2011, 05:49:36 PM »

iPhone

This...

I've been using my N70 since 2006 to film shows, cost me ?350 and was considered one of the best video recording phones of it's time. And now, I'm also thinking of what I want to upgrade with, and I'm almost certain it's going to be an iphone, can't beat them really.

No point in taking a camera, because it's always going to be hit N' miss regarding walking out with it still intact. At least with a mobile, you know they can't take it off you. And in that case, the best thing on the market at the moment is an iphone.

no balls, huh?   Wink

Re-Union time, baby!!
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2011, 07:04:57 PM »

iPhone

This...

no balls, huh?   Wink

When you go to as many shows as I do, it's impractical to take a camera inside the venue all the time. You might as well get a reliable mobile to avoid the "what ifs", and also they are just as good at uploading to your computer, and these days the quality is just as good, if not better.

So why take the risk if you are planning on going to go to more than 7 shows say, on a tour.  Cheesy
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2011, 07:09:41 PM »

pure subjective decision off course, no problem.
however your logic doesnt make much sense...if you can only go to 1 show = ok, but not when you're attending 7-10 shows on 1 tour leg.
if you really get  caught once you still have all the other ones left to enjoy, right?

Re-Union time, baby!!
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2011, 07:18:36 PM »

pure subjective decision off course, no problem.
however your logic doesnt make much sense...if you can only go to 1 show = ok, but not when you're attending 7-10 shows on 1 tour leg.
if you really get  caught once you still have all the other ones left to enjoy, right?

Not really, because if you get caught once.... then this just serves to the theory that why risk it?. People like to have peace of mind, and don't like to risk not being able to get some kind of media to remember the show by, that's why I would always go for the mobile. Because you are 100% certain of getting some memories in media form, rather than risking getting the camera taken off of you.
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2011, 08:01:21 PM »

no risk no fun  Wink

still doesnt make much sense with multiple shows:
you can risk 1 and enjoy the others. but if you only (can) attend one it'd make sense not to risk it at all because you might miss your only show.

anyway each to his own  peace

Re-Union time, baby!!
Trist805
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2011, 09:40:59 PM »

I've been using an iPhone to record some songs at the last few concerts.   The only thing is I don't think it zooms, and I don't like the black side bars when you put it on youtube (but maybe that has more to do with youtube and how they distort it).   But it looks much better in Quicktime Player, and gets great sound.    I guess you also have to be closer to the stage to get better video. 
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2011, 10:53:21 PM »

turn the iPhone side ways...better video that way.

but like my buddy Limulus says, no risk no fun. ok

iPhone for video when you're close or some of the newer digital cams that take HD video.

for 'other' video purposes... who knows!

One.In.A.Million
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2011, 12:39:47 PM »

I was speaking purely from my own perspective, in that I like to get loads of media from every show I attend. I never realised that you was proposing the idea of risking getting the camera taken off you, for the sake of recording media from at least 1 show from a 7 show stretch.

If I was attending several shows, why would I choose a piece of equipment which could get taken off of me, for my primary recording source for the shows?. That's why I stated that for myself and many others, if they had their heart set on getting loads of video and photos from every show they attended, then a much reliable and peace of mind form of hardware, would infact be a mobile (with an excellent camera of course).

But I guess your right in your case of risking the camera at every show, because if it got taken off you, there's always the next right?. That's cool and all, but I was talking about a fan who was desperate to get media from every show they attended, and in that instance a mobile would be the choice.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2011, 12:42:39 PM by One.In.A.Million » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: