Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 12:21:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227823 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame! Now it's official.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 158 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame! Now it's official.  (Read 462666 times)
freddiebrph
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2011, 08:35:11 AM »

So,why we can't see new guys on ceremony...Guns n Roses are inducted,and Guns n Roses is Axl,DJ,Ron,Richard,Frank...
I like to see new guys

+1

This is where this board loses some of its credibility.  I LOVE the new band, 5th row tonight in youngstown, 3rd time seeing them after originals broke up.  but, lets use some common sense.  What would the speach be?  Thanks for the award, this line up has nothing to do with all the mega hits, but we accept on there behalf?  I am pretty sure EVERY band member would not want to go and represensent something that they had nothing to do with.  The band that did all the stuff to get the award (to spell it out, the PEOPLE, not the NAME OF BAND) should get the award, or not accept.  Again. while many people ON THIS BOARD would be upset if the originals got back together, trust me, you would be in the minority.  Now, enough of the past talk, I have a show to get reved up for!!!!!!
Boromir
VIP

« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2011, 08:37:38 AM »

So,why we can't see new guys on ceremony...Guns n Roses are inducted,and Guns n Roses is Axl,DJ,Ron,Richard,Frank...
I like to see new guys

+1

This is where this board loses some of its credibility.  I LOVE the new band, 5th row tonight in youngstown, 3rd time seeing them after originals broke up.  but, lets use some common sense.  What would the speach be?  Thanks for the award, this line up has nothing to do with all the mega hits, but we accept on there behalf?  I am pretty sure EVERY band member would not want to go and represensent something that they had nothing to do with.  The band that did all the stuff to get the award (to spell it out, the PEOPLE, not the NAME OF BAND) should get the award, or not accept.  Again. while many people ON THIS BOARD would be upset if the originals got back together, trust me, you would be in the minority.  Now, enough of the past talk, I have a show to get reved up for!!!!!!

Have you ever thought that if it wasn't for the "new" members that it probably wouldn't be any induction?

Keep Calm and Listen to Guns N' Roses!
Tongue-like-a-razor
Headliner

A sweet switch-blade knife...

« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2011, 08:38:19 AM »

They are being inducted because of AFD. Therefore, it should be the AFD line-up who receives the award and no one else. As far as playing GN'R songs is concerned, I foresee a mix of different line-ups - perhaps including several celebrity guests - performing some of the AFD classics. I hope that Axl and Slash can be grown-ups about it and at least receive the award as part of the same group, namely: Steven, Duff, Izzy, Slash & Axl. We don't need another Creedence Clearwater Revival farce...
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2011, 08:41:36 AM »

I like to see new guys

+1

Have you ever thought that if it wasn't for the "new" members that it probably wouldn't be any induction?

This is why I think they should all be included. AFD is nominally reason they're being inducted, so not including the people who made that record would be ridiculous. But the new band have kept them on people's minds as an ongoing concern, rather than nostalgia over the last ten years. They might have been inducted eventually without the new guys, but I think they're the reason they were able to get in on the first year, because no one has had an opportunity to forget them.

So let's just forget other people's arguments that are nothing to do with us, and celebrate for the past and present of Guns N' Roses, and hope that the peope whose business it is are able to put all of the bullshit aside for one night.
spgunner
Headliner

We begin by coveting what we see every day-Lecter

« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2011, 08:43:43 AM »

Axl deserves to stand up there as much as Slash, Duff, Steven/Matt, and Izzy do.  Nobody here is disputing that.

Sorry, but I dont agree with you at all.

And you have to be nuts (or very ignorant) to think Axl deserves to stand up there ''as much as'' Slash, Steven Adler and (specially) fuckin' Matt Sorum...

Anyway, there 's a huge northamerican tour with huge setlists and huge performances and other lot of huge things going on to care about. And an european tour is being arranged apparently. Too many exciting things to pay attention to a nostalgic, senseless and devaluated mediatic show.

+1 !

Sao Paulo.12.10 n'12
Rio III.01.14
Brasilia.03.07
BH.03.10
SP.03.13
Rio.04.04
Rio IV.10.02
Buenos Aires.10.08
Asuncion.10.15
BH.03.22
SP.03.28
Curitiba.03.30
Layflats
Headliner

I'm not an idiot.

« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2011, 08:49:52 AM »

Whoever represents the band, I hope they treat it for what it is worth, because the Rn'R HOF isn't worth much.

Chicago 11/15/11
el_loko
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2011, 08:50:57 AM »

I hope West Arkeen show up...

But AFD isn't a reason for this award. It's only formally reason that band could be inducted after 25 years since debiut album.
Mattgnr
Rocker

I'm a llama and very proud

« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2011, 09:04:38 AM »

They are being inducted because of AFD. Therefore, it should be the AFD line-up who receives the award and no one else. As far as playing GN'R songs is concerned, I foresee a mix of different line-ups - perhaps including several celebrity guests - performing some of the AFD classics. I hope that Axl and Slash can be grown-ups about it and at least receive the award as part of the same group, namely: Steven, Duff, Izzy, Slash & Axl. We don't need another Creedence Clearwater Revival farce...

+1

People who think the new band should be on that stage at the RnRHOF are mad!!  I think even the current band members would be embarassed to get on the stage and accept an award which is clearly for the AFD/UYI's albums!

Don't get me wrong, I am a huge fan of the current line-up and have seen them play everytime they have been in the UK - But they do not deserve the award.

my 2 pennies worth  Kiss
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2011, 09:07:21 AM »

I would hope the new guys would feel uncomfortable accepting an award they had nothing to do with. The world isn't exactly clamoring to see the current incarnation play at the HOF. They are not the reason it's been a hot topic for years. Would it be cool to see everyone put their differences aside for a night?
Of course. Do I see it happening? No. Not losing any sleep over it either, but if they are going to do it, they should do it right.

Ideally, I'd like to see Axl, Duff, Slash, Izzy, Steven and Matt. I could see Dizzy as well.

No matter how you want to slice it, no one else really has any business being on that stage for that one night.
sworrm
Rocker

« Reply #29 on: December 07, 2011, 09:10:20 AM »

I hope West Arkeen show up...

But AFD isn't a reason for this award. It's only formally reason that band could be inducted after 25 years since debiut album.
are you aware that West Arkeen is dead dude
GunnerOne 84
VIP

Welcome Back To The Jungle

« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2011, 09:11:11 AM »

How has this been handled in the past? Sammy Hagar and Michael Anthony were inducted as part of Van Halen, and Gary Cherone wasn't, correct?

So it might not be just the AFD people, but it certainly won't include DJ Ashba.

My feeling, and I say this is a huge fan of all the lineups that the band has gone through, is that the only "locks" should be the AFD lineup+Dizzy and Matt, due to their work on UYI I and 2. After that it gets cloudy. Should Tommy get in because of his tenure and his work in getting CD finished and out? He's probably the only "new" member I could see getting in.

Nothing Lasts Forever, And We Both Know Hearts Can Change
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2011, 09:13:13 AM »

I would hope the new guys would feel uncomfortable accepting an award they had nothing to do with. The world isn't exactly clamoring to see the current incarnation play at the HOF. They are not the reason it's been a hot topic for years. Would it be cool to see everyone put their differences aside for a night?
Of course. Do I see it happening? No. Not losing any sleep over it either, but if they are going to do it, they should do it right.

Ideally, I'd like to see Axl, Duff, Slash, Izzy, Steven and Matt. I could see Dizzy as well.

No matter how you want to slice it, no one else really has any business being on that stage for that one night.

I don't think they should go up onstage to accept it... but I do think the new guys should be included (if only for one song).
If there's one way that the HOF can ensure that the event turns into embarrassing drama rather than the celebration it should be, it's if they tell Axl that the current line-up aren't welcome.
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #32 on: December 07, 2011, 09:15:28 AM »

I'd like to see Axl, Duff, Slash, Izzy, Steven and Matt. I could see Dizzy as well.

can you (or somebody) inform me what are the requirements to ''deserve to be there''?

- Why Matt and no Gilby?
- Why Steven and Matt, and no Paul Tobias?
- Why Matt AND Steven?
- Why Matt and no Teddy or Cece Worral (LOL)?
- How come you include Steven and Matt and dare to say ''i could see dizzy as well'' for god's sake!!

Axl: record a videotape, say thanks to the RNRHOF people so they can play it at the night of the event, and let it be it.

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #33 on: December 07, 2011, 09:16:54 AM »

Sorry, it would be more brutal than the VH thing if he got up there with the new lineup, whether you want to hear that or not-this is mainstream medua and casual fans watching this.

libertad
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #34 on: December 07, 2011, 09:18:43 AM »

I'm pretty sure the hall invites who shows up or is inducted-I remember reading Gary Cherone was not invited

libertad
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #35 on: December 07, 2011, 09:19:24 AM »

I'd like to see Axl, Duff, Slash, Izzy, Steven and Matt. I could see Dizzy as well.

can you (or somebody) inform me what are the requirements to ''deserve to be there''?

- Why Matt and no Gilby?
- Why Steven and Matt, and no Paul Tobias?
- Why Matt AND Steven?
- Why Matt and no Teddy or Cece Worral (LOL)?
- How come you include Steven and Matt and dare to say ''i could see dizzy as well'' for god's sake!!

Axl: record a videotape, say thanks to the RNRHOF people so they can play it at the night of the event, and let it be it.

I'm thinking Matt and no Gilby, because Matt played on two of the band's full length original albums and Gilby didn't.
Steven and Matt together played on four of the band's albums, including the three big ones, and Paul's contributions were for Chinese Democracy (which right or wrong doesn't have the reputation needed to earn a place in the HOF).
Matt and Steven for the reason above.
Teddy and Cece were both backing musicians, and never full members.
Dizzy only recorded a couple of songs for UYI.

I'm not saying I agree with these reasons... just saying I think that's what they are and I understand the rationale.
//JK75
VIP

It's been a long time for me

« Reply #36 on: December 07, 2011, 09:19:29 AM »

Congrats to GNR !
No need to argue about this... The original line up must be there, they are the rewarded.
That doesn't mean they should play together.. let's Axl decide that.

I support the New Guns 100%, but this is an honor for the 5 guys that started all...
just take a look at the picture in the inductees page:
http://rockhall.com/inductees/guns-n-roses/

//JK
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #37 on: December 07, 2011, 09:22:11 AM »

the original 5 should be there to accept, no one else-no dis on the current lineup

libertad
wadey
Legend

« Reply #38 on: December 07, 2011, 09:24:02 AM »

So how about this line up, Axl, Duff, Izzy, Dizzy, Frank & Dj.  Both Izzy n duff have performed on stage recently with guns so at least it would be 2/3 Afd line up.

wembley-91'  leeds-02'  donington-06'  sheffield-06'  leeds-10'  manchester-10'  manchester-12' - donington 18' -and i finally met Axl !
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #39 on: December 07, 2011, 09:26:40 AM »

Steven Adler and Slash will be there-you know it-Slash will have his album coming out around then

libertad
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 158 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: