Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 02:40:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227981 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame! Now it's official.
Pages: 1 ... 148 149 [150] 151 152 ... 158 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame! Now it's official.  (Read 467083 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2980 on: April 15, 2012, 04:43:37 AM »

Original lineup is Slash,Adler,Duff,Izzy,Axl.Original lineup is the lineup that put the first record.And yes they written AFD.

Say something different is of twisted minds.But who cares? i think after being inducted as GNR its all clear.

o?rig?i?nal/əˈrijənl/
Adjective:   
Used or produced at the creation or earliest stage of something.

Stop rewriting history and redefining a word in the English language.

Was it the original line up of the band? No.
Was it the first line up to release the band's first album? Yes.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
src
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #2981 on: April 15, 2012, 04:46:39 AM »

You're talking about the classic AFD line up.

Or if you want to use the word original, the original AFD line up.  Cheesy

I'm sorry if you have issues with the definitions of the word original.

It is what it is.

Doesn't take anything away from what the AFD or UYI line ups achieved.

/jarmo

If you try to teach something to other people you should preferably be right about it. But from a scientific point of you you're probably the person here who has the major issues with how words and terms are defined. You're right about the definition of the word "original" as a standalone word, but in the context of GnR, the term "the original band" has a strongly established meaning which you have seemingly tried to reinvent here. I seem to recall a good principle: If you understand the meaning someone tries to give a phrase, don't be a bitch about it and make the discussion into one about semantics.

Too many people on either side discusses semantics here. I wish (for the sake of good discussion) it would end.
kukol1978
Rocker

« Reply #2982 on: April 15, 2012, 04:48:38 AM »

Original lineup is Slash,Adler,Duff,Izzy,Axl.Original lineup is the lineup that put the first record.And yes they written AFD.

Say something different is of twisted minds.But who cares? i think after being inducted as GNR its all clear.

o?rig?i?nal/əˈrijənl/
Adjective:   
Used or produced at the creation or earliest stage of something.

Stop rewriting history and redefining a word in the English language.

Was it the original line up of the band? No.
Was it the first line up to release the band's first album? Yes.

/jarmo

As i said they were inducted as GNR so who cares? the world knows that that guys were the ones who conquered the world many times.Not other ones,just them,and sorum.
ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #2983 on: April 15, 2012, 04:52:30 AM »

Just a great night of rock n roll   beer beer  beer Just unhappy izzy and dizzy weren't performing both.  no
kukol1978
Rocker

« Reply #2984 on: April 15, 2012, 04:56:03 AM »

You're talking about the classic AFD line up.

Or if you want to use the word original, the original AFD line up.  Cheesy

I'm sorry if you have issues with the definitions of the word original.

It is what it is.

Doesn't take anything away from what the AFD or UYI line ups achieved.

/jarmo

If you try to teach something to other people you should preferably be right about it. But from a scientific point of you you're probably the person here who has the major issues with how words and terms are defined. You're right about the definition of the word "original" as a standalone word, but in the context of GnR, the term "the original band" has a strongly established meaning which you have seemingly tried to reinvent here. I seem to recall a good principle: If you understand the meaning someone tries to give a phrase, don't be a bitch about it and make the discussion into one about semantics.

Too many people on either side discusses semantics here. I wish (for the sake of good discussion) it would end.

Also i want to know for how long Ole beich and Tracii guns stayed under the name of GNR ( yes after fusion) ,please answer this question.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2985 on: April 15, 2012, 04:57:00 AM »

Yes, a lot of people use the term original because they don't know any better.

Also, a lot of people in the media write things that aren't true. What's wrong with pointing out the errors?

Ringo wasn't the original drummer for The Beatles, Kirk Hammett isn't the original Metallica guitarist and so on. They're both probably more known than the guys they replaced.

Doesn't take anything away from anybody's achievements.  ok

As i said they were inducted as GNR so who cares? the world knows that that guys were the ones who conquered the world many times.Not other ones,just them,and sorum.

Not Dizzy?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
kukol1978
Rocker

« Reply #2986 on: April 15, 2012, 05:01:31 AM »

Yes, a lot of people use the term original because they don't know any better.

Also, a lot of people in the media write things that aren't true. What's wrong with pointing out the errors?

Ringo wasn't the original drummer for The Beatles, Kirk Hammett isn't the original Metallica guitarist and so on. They're both probably more known than the guys they replaced.

Doesn't take anything away from anybody's achievements.  ok

Not Dizzy?

/jarmo

And Dizzy,yes.And please answer the question above,thanks.
ITARocker
VIP

« Reply #2987 on: April 15, 2012, 05:06:49 AM »

I'm just imaging Dizzy on his car to cleveland with all his family and then he get texted from the boss  rofl
Alfie Bones
Rocker

I'm on the nightrain.

« Reply #2988 on: April 15, 2012, 05:07:57 AM »

Also i want to know for how long Ole beich and Tracii guns stayed under the name of GNR ( yes after fusion) ,please answer this question.
Why would Jarmo waste his time on that? Find out for yourself.

It's an irrelevant question. Original means original, first, nothing more, nothing less. Slash was a replacement. Adler was a replacement. Duff was a replacement.  None of them were original, founding members of GN'R. Whether Tracii played one gig, ten shows, or a hundreds shows with GN'R is irrelevant to his point.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2989 on: April 15, 2012, 05:08:31 AM »

March 26th, 1985 - A flyer for a show at The Troubadour in Los Angeles says "L.A Guns and Hollywood Rose presents the band Guns N' Roses". The band's line-up is: Axl Rose (vocals), Izzy Stradlin (guitar), Tracii Guns (guitar), Ole Beich (bass) and Rob Gardner (drums).

I believe that was the first Guns N' Roses show.

The first with the classic new original line up was on June 6th, 1985.

/jarmo

kukol1978
Rocker

« Reply #2990 on: April 15, 2012, 05:08:52 AM »

Why would Jarmo waste his time on that? Find out for yourself.

It's an irrelevant question. Original means original, first, nothing more, nothing less. Slash was a replacement. Adler was a replacement. Duff was a replacement.  None of them were original, founding members of GN'R. Whether Tracii played one gig, ten shows, or a hundreds shows with GN'R is irrelevant to his point.

Guns N' Roses (1985)

Main article: Guns N' Roses

Following Tracii Guns' decision to put L.A. Guns on hold to join recently reunited Hollywood Rose (who had disbanded the previous year), replacing Weber,[6][7][8] Hollywood Rose eventually changed their name to Guns N' Roses (combining the names of L.A. Guns and Hollywood Rose) with the lineup composed of Axl Rose, Tracii Guns, Izzy Stradlin, Ole Beich[9] and Rob Gardner.[10][11]

Beich played one show in early 1985 before quitting the group[1] and was eventually replaced by Duff McKagan[12][13] while Guns left the group[2] being replaced by Slash.[12] McKagan went on to book shows taking place between Sacramento and Seattle, which was dubbed "The Hell Tour". During this time, Gardner quit the group and was replaced by Steven Adler[7] with this lineup becoming known as the "classic lineup" of Guns N' Roses.[7][
ZRO
Rocker

Does this look infected?

« Reply #2991 on: April 15, 2012, 05:10:18 AM »

I don't see the point of this "original lineup" debate. What is it proving?

If you want to take that route, then I look at GNR like a sports team. Michael Jordan isn't an "original Chicago Bull" but he is the best one. Whether playing with them or not, Michael Jordan IS the Chicago Bulls. Axl/Slash/Duff/Izzy/Adler/Sorum IS Guns N' Roses.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2992 on: April 15, 2012, 05:11:17 AM »

with this lineup becoming known as the "classic lineup" of Guns N' Roses.

See the word original anywhere?

/jarmo

ITARocker
VIP

« Reply #2993 on: April 15, 2012, 05:11:21 AM »

March 26th, 1985 - A flyer for a show at The Troubadour in Los Angeles says "L.A Guns and Hollywood Rose presents the band Guns N' Roses". The band's line-up is: Axl Rose (vocals), Izzy Stradlin (guitar), Tracii Guns (guitar), Ole Beich (bass) and Rob Gardner (drums).

/jarmo

Omfg

rofl rofl rofl

this is getting more and more embarassing, i think everybody have to stop...

kukol1978
Rocker

« Reply #2994 on: April 15, 2012, 05:11:57 AM »

/jarmo

Yes,and the only one with this lineup.So Rob halford is part of black sabbath i guess....

Even more,Rob halford has played more gigs with black sabbath than ole beich with GNR,it sound ..... ok
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2995 on: April 15, 2012, 05:14:50 AM »

Some of you need a history lesson because you refuse to realize that the band existed before your beloved former members joined. Smiley

What's embarrassing about knowing what you're talking about?

It's more embarrassing to keep repeating something that you've been shown is false. It means you have some kind of learning disability or are just too stubborn.

Yes,and the only one with this lineup.So Rob halford is part of black sabbath i guess....

Even more,Rob halford has played more gigs with black sabbath than ole beich with GNR,it sound ..... ok

When was Rob Halford in Black Sabbath? I had no idea.

Was this in the same history book that refers to Steven Adler, Slash and Duff as original members of GN'R?  Tongue

Ronnie James Dio was part of Black Sabbath at some point. So was Ray Gillen, Ian Gillan and many others.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 05:18:15 AM by jarmo » Logged

zombux
Legend

watching the sky moves sideways...

« Reply #2996 on: April 15, 2012, 05:15:55 AM »

Yes,and the only one with this lineup.
followed by 4 more shows until the band got into the "classic AFD lineup"
source: http://www.gnrontour.com/setlistalm85.htm

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2997 on: April 15, 2012, 05:21:11 AM »

Original and classic are two different things.

Sometimes they can describe the same thing.

For example: The original line up of Black Sabbath is also the classic one.

/jarmo

kukol1978
Rocker

« Reply #2998 on: April 15, 2012, 05:22:32 AM »

DIO leave black sabbath, and halford had to sing in some shows
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxcHe8OvQUg

Ozzy osbourne sick
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6yROrOBp7A&feature=related

and btw, the original/classic word fight it is stupid yes,but its very clear that always is coming from new gnr supporters,loving to bash the old/classic/orginal/first lineup,and as i said before,im love both lineups i loved 2006 and 2010 gigs,they were awesome.Not now for me.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 05:24:07 AM by kukol1978 » Logged
kukol1978
Rocker

« Reply #2999 on: April 15, 2012, 05:23:06 AM »

Yes,and the only one with this lineup.
followed by 4 more shows until the band got into the "classic AFD lineup"
source: http://www.gnrontour.com/setlistalm85.htm

No,Ole quit after 1 gig.
Pages: 1 ... 148 149 [150] 151 152 ... 158 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: