Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 09:49:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227821 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame! Now it's official.
Pages: 1 ... 155 156 [157] 158 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame! Now it's official.  (Read 462626 times)
team-axl
Headliner

« Reply #3120 on: April 16, 2012, 07:02:12 AM »

yeah but i mean ...calling an "outsider" to replace members of the band when at least one of them (duff) is also a singer ?? come on...

Well technically the precedent was set when the Doors were inducted into the hall of fame. They had the dude from Pearl Jam replace Morrison. However, as you may or may not know, after Jim Morrison's death, the Doors released two albums without him in which Ray Manzarek sang. In addition, there were times when Big Jim passed out and ray filled in. I've seen some clips, he actually did a pretty good job.

I see what you mean, but in my opinion it's not that big of a deal

but wht i mean is...guns n roses have duff who is also a singer (although not a good one)
Boromir
VIP

« Reply #3121 on: April 16, 2012, 07:19:03 AM »

I am a fan and i didn't want him to attend so... he respects me  ok

He can't please everybody.

Keep Calm and Listen to Guns N' Roses!
volcano62
VIP

I Am Inconquerable

« Reply #3122 on: April 16, 2012, 08:01:37 AM »

Cool article here, KISS drummer applauds Axl for snubbing Hall of Fame induction

Read more: http://www.abc2news.com/dpp/entertainment/celebrity/Singer-applauds-Axl-for-snubbing-Hall-of-Fame-induction_41057338#ixzz1sAeambD8

Cool and another reason the HOF is a joke is becasue Kiss in not in it!! I don't even like Kiss at all but they should be in if there was any credibility to their "organization"

Anyway, historic night!, Thanks Guns n' Fuckin Roses!

Ummm that was not Guns N' Roses... confused

Montreal 1992
Quebec City 2006
Montreal 2010
Ottawa 2010
Quebec City 2013
Montreal 2013
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #3123 on: April 16, 2012, 08:10:41 AM »

Why should Kiss be in? There's no credibility to them. The best their drummer could do to explain why they should be in is all of the merchandise? I don't think their merchandising empire that has been bigger than the actual band for the past 30 years is something that should be congratulated.
volcano62
VIP

I Am Inconquerable

« Reply #3124 on: April 16, 2012, 08:18:00 AM »

Why should Kiss be in? There's no credibility to them.

They can sell out anywhere they go and have been around for 30 years...sure no credibility  Roll Eyes
I was hinting there is no credibility to the HOF organization

Again I'm not a Kiss fan but I respect them.

Montreal 1992
Quebec City 2006
Montreal 2010
Ottawa 2010
Quebec City 2013
Montreal 2013
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #3125 on: April 16, 2012, 08:32:49 AM »

They can sell out anywhere they go and have been around for 30 years...sure no credibility  Roll Eyes

Being able to sell out arenas does not equal credibility. Gene Simmons sucked any credibility the band may have had out of them when he found out that idiots would be able to pay anything to get something with his bands logo on. Since then, he's been entirely focused on money.
It doesn't matter that a lot of people still like them. They're a band that got by on a gimmick which they once attempted to abandon only to return to it when they realised it really was only the gimmick they got by on, and sell out at every opportunity. They are not credible.
volcano62
VIP

I Am Inconquerable

« Reply #3126 on: April 16, 2012, 08:35:02 AM »

Being able to sell out arenas does not equal credibility. Gene Simmons sucked any credibility the band may have had out of them when he found out that idiots would be able to pay anything to get something with his bands logo on. Since then, he's been entirely focused on money.
It doesn't matter that a lot of people still like them. They're a band that got by on a gimmick which they once attempted to abandon only to return to it when they realised it really was only the gimmick they got by on, and sell out at every opportunity. They are not credible.

They're more credible than the clowns that portrayed themselves as GNR at the HOF.

Montreal 1992
Quebec City 2006
Montreal 2010
Ottawa 2010
Quebec City 2013
Montreal 2013
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #3127 on: April 16, 2012, 08:41:01 AM »

No. No they're not. Not by a long shot.

(Also, they didn't portray themselves as Guns N' Roses. The media is portraying them as such, but not once did those involved ever say it was a Guns N' Roses performance. It was people from GN'R playing some songs with a friend.)
Smokey
Headliner

« Reply #3128 on: April 16, 2012, 08:42:59 AM »

They're more credible than the clowns that portrayed themselves as GNR at the HOF.

Clowns? Seriously? Where the fuck do you get off calling them clowns?
Ive seen a few of your posts n' its fairly obvious your a blind Axl fanboy. Without those 'clowns' you wouldnt have the new GN'R you seem to love so much or the old songs you love so much. Show some respect where respect is due.
volcano62
VIP

I Am Inconquerable

« Reply #3129 on: April 16, 2012, 08:57:55 AM »

Ive seen a few of your posts n' its fairly obvious your a blind Axl fanboy. Without those 'clowns' you wouldnt have the new GN'R you seem to love so much or the old songs you love so much. Show some respect where respect is due.

They have become clowns get over it. That performance was not necessary and a slap in the face to the REAL Guns N' Roses. I just knew Saul Hudson would have brought his little sheep dog Myles....and what the fuck was Gilby doing there?

If your going to have all these clowns then why not the REAL GNR? This is a problem.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 09:00:12 AM by volcano62 » Logged

Montreal 1992
Quebec City 2006
Montreal 2010
Ottawa 2010
Quebec City 2013
Montreal 2013
Jay Tea
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #3130 on: April 16, 2012, 09:09:02 AM »

have any of you seen the lastest tweets from Perla Hudson?

the most memorable of them all was

''tell me that when slash is going to the bank.''

in response to

''GUNS W/OUT ANY BULLETS AND NO PASSION W/OUT THE ROSE! HAVE FUN LIVING OFF OF PAST FAME! THAT'S ALL THEY'LL EVER BE! HAS-BEENS!''

reading things like these make me extremely proud of Axl and Izzy for not showing up.

Perla Hudson:

@estebanfgnr my bank comment does not relate from gnr. Slash does well enough on his other projects. Sorry I wasn't clear people

and:

Guys, please understand, I only have love for axl, I'm just disappointed about the situation as I'm sure u r all are too

Esteban - how do you expect Perla to react when you personally antagonize her like that?  I'm not saying this as a defender of Slash in anyway, but its fucked up to post a quote out of context.

what? The twit where she said that dreadful comment was in response of someone else, not me. Out of context? come on... it's pretty clear Perla tried to respond a provocation with a better one, and failed.

And trust me you cant defend Slash about this. Slash is the kind of guy that would play a show for you in your backyard if you have the right ammount of money.

I had no idea you knew Slash personally. This is the double standard shit that gets thrown around all the time. If you say something about Axl you get the "you don't know him, you can't judge him based on x or y, you don't know what happens behind closed doors" but it's perfectly ok to trash talk anyone with a top hat. Your statement is complete speculation, you have NO idea what he's turned down, why he's accepted certain spots, etc. As someone else noted Axl has no problem doing the same and who the fuck cares it's THEIR JOB.

I think what Perla was trying to say was he laughs his way to the bank, making money off projects that have nothing to do with VR. AKA he's making money without "living off the past"

I find it hilarious that in a couple seconds someone is going to justify why Axl playing a party is ok but how Slash doing a TV spot is NOT.  Roll Eyes

I think the argument of does Axl do it for the money or for the fans/love of the game is pretty obvious "Axl Rose (William Bruce Rose) was born in Indiana and has an estimated net worth of $200 million dollars"
Dude never has to work another day in his life even if he lives to be 120. But he's out there KILLING IT on stage for over 3 hours a show for us.
Chuzeville
Rocker

I'm Serge Lama!

« Reply #3131 on: April 16, 2012, 09:19:56 AM »

Could you please the same source and let us know how much Slash is worth these days?
Jeramy
Rocker

« Reply #3132 on: April 16, 2012, 09:28:06 AM »

http://www.celebritynetworth.com/richest-celebrities/rock-stars/slash-net-worth/

32 million according to this

"He's in my band, that's where Slash is, fuckhead. Go home!"
Chuzeville
Rocker

I'm Serge Lama!

« Reply #3133 on: April 16, 2012, 09:36:09 AM »

Thanks.

Well, if I had 32 M$ I'm pretty sure I wouldn't feel the need to keep working again. Just sayin'.
volcano62
VIP

I Am Inconquerable

« Reply #3134 on: April 16, 2012, 09:42:10 AM »

Thanks.

Well, if I had 32 M$ I'm pretty sure I wouldn't feel the need to keep working again. Just sayin'.

You're not $la$h

Montreal 1992
Quebec City 2006
Montreal 2010
Ottawa 2010
Quebec City 2013
Montreal 2013
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #3135 on: April 16, 2012, 09:48:40 AM »

Not everybody is just out for themselves though.  Im sure Slash would like to ensure his kids are set up for life and perhaps even their kids.  (if they ever have any).   And perhaps Perla and her family. 

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #3136 on: April 16, 2012, 09:49:18 AM »

Speaking of credibility, that celebrity net worth site has none. It's been said by most celebrities that their figures are way exaggerated and don't take into consideration how much wealth someone has wasted/spent.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
sleeper
Rocker

« Reply #3137 on: April 16, 2012, 10:10:26 AM »

They have become clowns get over it. That performance was not necessary and a slap in the face to the REAL Guns N' Roses. I just knew Saul Hudson would have brought his little sheep dog Myles....and what the fuck was Gilby doing there?

If your going to have all these clowns then why not the REAL GNR? This is a problem.

It was very necessary to perform. Slash and Duff would not think of making their fans unhappy. They knew we wanted more that a speech and they delivered!  I'm sure that they would have rather had Axl and Izzy but when they found out that could not happen they moved forward. What did you expect them to do roll over and quit? The induction was very important to them.

And BTW Myles Kennedy is not a lap dog! You are being childish with your remarks. Myles and Gilby came because their friends ask them for some help period.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #3138 on: April 16, 2012, 10:14:31 AM »

Speaking of credibility, that celebrity net worth site has none. It's been said by most celebrities that their figures are way exaggerated and don't take into consideration how much wealth someone has wasted/spent.

yeah those net worth sites are hilarious.  Nowhere near accurate in a lot of cases, as it is impossible to know a lot of the bands finances that are not made public. Super rough estimates at best.
Judas Fuckin Priest
Headliner

« Reply #3139 on: April 16, 2012, 10:25:10 AM »

Thanks.

You're not $la$h

Hey kid, If Slash really loves money, he would stayed in Guns n' Roses along side Axl Rose, think this:  much free time, touring the world once in a while, and get the big check at the end of the month.

But Slash prefered work by his own and has been very succesfull since then.
Pages: 1 ... 155 156 [157] 158 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: