Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 15, 2024, 11:46:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Re: axl in revolvers the 100 Greatest Living Rock Stars
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Re: axl in revolvers the 100 Greatest Living Rock Stars  (Read 5690 times)
axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2011, 10:52:05 PM »

Korn may be more popular than A7X, but there's no way in hell Korn's music is better or that they're a better band.
The musicianship in A7X wipes the floor with the Korn guys talent (or lack thereof).

And to say Korn are better than Kiss... really?

I'm not a big Kiss fan, but those guys are legends, Korn, not so much....

I actually do like A7X more than Korn......I was just making a point about why John Davis was on the cover. Wink (Still love both Korn and A7X though!)

Axl is God.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2011, 11:59:53 PM »

Was Jon Bon Jovi or Anthony Kiedis and Flea on there?

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2011, 06:42:08 AM »

KISS are one of the most influential bands of the 1970s, and are still going strong today, regardless of what anyone thinks of them.

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
gummyfish
Rocker

« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2011, 09:44:27 AM »

only a couple questions regarding this otherwise admirable list... look up the middle. Why Hetfield over Mustaine? and behind hetfield, in the mask. Slipknot? greatest anything? and behind him. Shadows from A7X? otherwise looks like they did a pretty good job with this list great they put Manson up front with Axl, also good to see Zombie and Mike Portnoy especially.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2011, 02:07:11 PM »

Korn may be more popular than A7X, but there's no way in hell Korn's music is better or that they're a better band.
The musicianship in A7X wipes the floor with the Korn guys talent (or lack thereof).

The musicianship is not even close when it comes to how much better A7X is than Korn.  But Korn is also nowhere near as popular as A7X is in 2011 either.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2011, 02:17:20 PM »

only a couple questions regarding this otherwise admirable list... look up the middle. Why Hetfield over Mustaine? and behind hetfield, in the mask. Slipknot? greatest anything? and behind him. Shadows from A7X? otherwise looks like they did a pretty good job with this list great they put Manson up front with Axl, also good to see Zombie and Mike Portnoy especially.

James Hetfield fronts the biggest metal band of all-time, thats why he is ahead of Mustaine. Although Mustaine should be on there ahead of half of those guys.

Slipknot is probably the biggest heavy metal band of the last 10 years, so that explains their inclusion on it.

Avenged Sevenfold are the biggest hard rock band in the U.S today, and actually swept every category of the Revolver Golden God awards last year, so I was surprised Shadows wasn't even more front and center on this cover.

Seeing as though Marilyn Manson hasn't done anything noteworthy in 12 years, I was surprised to see him so front and center on the cover. 

But once again, the list is not ranked, they are just the top 100.  The way in which the cover was done had nothing to do with A being better than B, I think they just went with what aesthetically looked the best, while taking into account they had to put some of the more successful people up front for recognition purposes.
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: