Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 09:36:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228067 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  LA Times: Axl Rose's appetite is for today's Guns N' Roses
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: LA Times: Axl Rose's appetite is for today's Guns N' Roses  (Read 54163 times)
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #40 on: December 21, 2011, 12:24:03 PM »

Glad to hear that Axl doesn't plan to blow off the HOF.

I just hope Beta has what it takes to make things work.  Axl seems like he's in a good place creatively with the current lineup and it would be real shame fuck things up now.  I think it would make some sense to do things a little smaller the next tour.  With consideration for the costs with late fees and modest attendance, it makes sense to scale back, and build this thing up again.  They should start there own label and just use one off the majors for distribution.

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #41 on: December 21, 2011, 12:26:01 PM »

And it's about time to come off the Slash stuff. When Axl asks the journalist not to mention Slash's name and then bash his contributions to GNR with no prompting? You just start to look like an asshole.

Exactly, and a bitter, insecure one at that.  If Axl were secure in his current lineup and the current state of GNR, why the need to even mention Slash at all?  Especially when you've told others not to ask about him?

My fear is that she won't push him to do anything. And people on here will spend most of 2012 bitching about how there's no news, no signs of a new album, etc.

Yeah, the problem is, she's been involved so personally with him for so long, she may be afraid to say "no" to Axl (as so many people have who've worked for him).  Then again, she may be the one person who Axl tolerates saying "no" to him, so it's a crapshoot.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 12:35:44 PM by Bridge » Logged
new gnr fan
Headliner

« Reply #42 on: December 21, 2011, 12:27:59 PM »

I really hope/believe, that a new album could be released very fast with Beta as manager.

枪和玫瑰 中國民主
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #43 on: December 21, 2011, 12:31:34 PM »

Yeah, it's obvious the tour isn't making money. You can't put on a show of this scale and play to 7-8k people 3 or 4 nights a week and turn a profit. And if someone wants to argue with me on that then go ahead and waste your breath. You won't change my mind.

It's actually great to see someone who don't only worry about money and profit. Not used to that in In-Corporated States of America?  hihi

Guns getting some well deserved reputation with this tour, that's worth more than money. Hell, maybe it's even an long-term investment!

If Axl wasn't worried about turning a profit (nothing wrong with that), he would not be going through managers every 6 months, or complaining about marketing of CD, tour. Trent Reznor once put an album up online for free

libertad
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #44 on: December 21, 2011, 12:58:41 PM »

Ughh....every time you think the band has some momentum then you read something like this

haha, i really enjoy posts like this one. love to see frustrated fans being even more frustrated. you guys fall with the same stone over and over again... when are you going to understand that Axl has dignicy and integrity as a person and as an artist?

That L.A. Times article was one of the most positive and NEEDED articles of the last years.

Axl telling the whole fucking world he's focused in Guns N' Roses (and not in some bullshit tied to the past award who will be on newspapers for... 2 weeks? and that will be all), that the band is being managed by people he love from his own intimate circle, and telling the damn fucking truth about Slash (most overestimated musician EVER in rock history) and Izzy (probably a top 3 in the most underrated musicians ever) is ALL POSSITIVE to me.

That L.A. Times article made me wanna  beer  I can already smell a new album in the air. Fuck Adler, Sorum and Slash. Nobody need them.

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #45 on: December 21, 2011, 01:19:33 PM »

Ughh....every time you think the band has some momentum then you read something like this

haha, i really enjoy posts like this one. love to see frustrated fans being even more frustrated. you guys fall with the same stone over and over again... when are you going to understand that Axl has dignicy and integrity as a person and as an artist?

When did I ever question Axl's dignity or integrity as an artist? I merely mentioned that the management situation seemed kind of fucked up. Some of you act like any non-glowing, non-super positive observation is some kind of affront to the Lord and savior himself.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #46 on: December 21, 2011, 01:30:32 PM »

Ughh....every time you think the band has some momentum then you read something like this. The management situation is a joke. His ex-girlfriend's babysitter and her kids manage what should be one of the biggest bands in the world. Only when the band has had proper management did anything get done.

Beta's job as babysitter was over 20 years ago.  Her job for the last 20+ years has been right here with GNR, right next to the manager.  And at times when there was no manager, it was Beta.  "Proper management" got us no where for a long time and it was all fucked up when we got there.  (Although Merck was a lot of fun.)  Beta is the right person for the job.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #47 on: December 21, 2011, 01:36:37 PM »

Ughh....every time you think the band has some momentum then you read something like this. The management situation is a joke. His ex-girlfriend's babysitter and her kids manage what should be one of the biggest bands in the world. Only when the band has had proper management did anything get done.

Beta's job as babysitter was over 20 years ago.  Her job for the last 20+ years has been right here with GNR, right next to the manager.  And at times when there was no manager, it was Beta.  "Proper management" got us no where for a long time and it was all fucked up when we got there.  (Although Merck was a lot of fun.)  Beta is the right person for the job.

Think about this though. In the past 7 or so years he's worked with Goldstein, Merck, Azoff, Doc Mcghee, and this Peter Katsis. Why would Axl keep hiring these industry guys if he thought the right person for the job was working for him all along? And now she has threatened to quit if there is another manager (an idle threat I would assume).

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
Verasa
Be original.Be yourself
VIP

« Reply #48 on: December 21, 2011, 01:56:11 PM »

Think about this though. In the past 7 or so years he's worked with Goldstein, Merck, Azoff, Doc Mcghee, and this Peter Katsis. Why would Axl keep hiring these industry guys if he thought the right person for the job was working for him all along? And now she has threatened to quit if there is another manager (an idle threat I would assume).

Yeah, I dont get it. I'm not saying Beta is going to be horrible, Why has she not been the manager all along? Why all of a sudden now did she pull the trump card and say either I'm the manager or I quit? How in the hell is Axl ok with that kind of an ultimatum?  As a manager in my day to day life.. If an employee comes to me with an ultimatum of any kind with the words following " Or I quit" I can tell you right now that  employee is gone. I dont care what the ultimatum is. 

That said, I dont know if Beta is going to be good or bad as the verdict is still obviously out on that one. Let's see how things look this time next year.  I hope things go great as this tour has just been amazing.

5/14/06 Hammerstein Ballroom, NYC
11/12/11 Kansas City, MO
Jeramy
Rocker

« Reply #49 on: December 21, 2011, 02:18:21 PM »

this is axl's band and his vision is and apparently always was the driving force behind it

if he believes the lebeis family can get things done then that works for me

no matter what happens at least he's got plans for 2012

you can't blame him for wanting 'beta' management... screw those other sleazeballs

"He's in my band, that's where Slash is, fuckhead. Go home!"
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #50 on: December 21, 2011, 02:24:08 PM »

I don't understand how these managers keep screwing themselves out of jobs.  My first meeting with Axl would be to ask him what his non-negotiables are.

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #51 on: December 21, 2011, 02:32:58 PM »

That L.A. Times article was one of the most positive and NEEDED articles of the last years.

Axl telling the whole fucking world he's focused in Guns N' Roses (and not in some bullshit tied to the past award who will be on newspapers for... 2 weeks? and that will be all), that the band is being managed by people he love from his own intimate circle, and telling the damn fucking truth about Slash (most overestimated musician EVER in rock history) and Izzy (probably a top 3 in the most underrated musicians ever) is ALL POSSITIVE to me.

That L.A. Times article made me wanna  beer  I can already smell a new album in the air. Fuck Adler, Sorum and Slash. Nobody need them.
If things were this easy, why wasn't Beta managing the band years ago?

libertad
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #52 on: December 21, 2011, 02:34:54 PM »

I don't understand how these managers keep screwing themselves out of jobs.  My first meeting with Axl would be to ask him what his non-negotiables are.
Bingo-is Axl interviewing these managers, telling them what he wants?

libertad
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #53 on: December 21, 2011, 02:37:35 PM »

I don?t have an excitement to work with people that joined in the "Illusion" time. There?s behind the scenes that was really, really difficult there with different ones. So it?s not really even a full reunion. And these guys have been here a long time, whether the public knows it or not because we haven?t done the media like that. Tommy?s been on 14 years, Richard?s going on 11. That?s as long as Duff was in the band. Chris has been in going on 11, Dizzy?s on since "Illusion," Frank?s going on six, and so?s Bumble. These guys have been here. And DJ?s going on three.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/music_blog/2011/12/axl-rose-talks-playing-los-angeles-rock-hall-reunion.html

God bless W. Axl fuckin' Rose.

Its fantastic to know Axl thinks exactly the same than me and the real GNR fans that dont suffer amnesia.

new gnr fan
Headliner

« Reply #54 on: December 21, 2011, 02:40:10 PM »

I don?t have an excitement to work with people that joined in the "Illusion" time. There?s behind the scenes that was really, really difficult there with different ones. So it?s not really even a full reunion. And these guys have been here a long time, whether the public knows it or not because we haven?t done the media like that. Tommy?s been on 14 years, Richard?s going on 11. That?s as long as Duff was in the band. Chris has been in going on 11, Dizzy?s on since "Illusion," Frank?s going on six, and so?s Bumble. These guys have been here. And DJ?s going on three.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/music_blog/2011/12/axl-rose-talks-playing-los-angeles-rock-hall-reunion.html

Its fantastic to know Axl thinks exactly the same than me and the real GNR fans that dont suffer amnesia.

I think, Axl did the right thing! He is seeing the band as a real band, and don't care about the past.

枪和玫瑰 中國民主
Verasa
Be original.Be yourself
VIP

« Reply #55 on: December 21, 2011, 02:47:01 PM »

this is axl's band and his vision is and apparently always was the driving force behind it

if he believes the lebeis family can get things done then that works for me

no matter what happens at least he's got plans for 2012

you can't blame him for wanting 'beta' management... screw those other sleazeballs

Well, It appears that he's gone through literally everyone else and still has yet to choose Beta to be his manager. She gave him an " Either me or I quit" ultimatum to get the position.  So, its not like he has been at her ankles begging for the Lebeis Family to be his management. And I would guess that there is a reason for that.

Throughout that entire interview I never read anything  about him supporting the new management. I really hope things workout, but being backed up against the wall and being forced into doing something that you may not want to do for the sake of keeping the ones you love close to you only sets up resentment. Axl has said on more than one occasion that he views them as his family and Beta as his mother, so why in the hell would she say something like " Or I Quit". Quit what? Being his Assistant? His friend? His mother? Cleaning his house? Washing his clothes? What does " Or I Quit" even mean... I dont get it

5/14/06 Hammerstein Ballroom, NYC
11/12/11 Kansas City, MO
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #56 on: December 21, 2011, 02:51:05 PM »

I understand wanting to distance himself from people in the "Illusion" era, but before he slams them, he should realize the biggest news coming from this tour might be the song Estranged, from the guy who helped out with a few riffs back then.

libertad
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #57 on: December 21, 2011, 02:52:44 PM »

I am sure she is very nice, and has a nice family, but if she came my office, and I am a record exec, and she wanted to talk terms of a new album, I would laugh my ass off.  Being a manager is more than just doing what Axl Rose wants to do.

Exactly. And I believe that's the real reason Azoff came into the fold. Interscope wasn't releasing CD without a big retailer exclusive and the personal assistant wasn't negotiating that shit.

estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #58 on: December 21, 2011, 02:56:47 PM »

I understand wanting to distance himself from people in the "Illusion" era, but before he slams them, he should realize the biggest news coming from this tour might be the song Estranged, from the guy who helped out with a few riffs back then.

you have to be fucking kidding me  rofl

Estranged is a song written 100% by Axl Rose. It's his baby. First grade fact, not a newsflash at all... in fact, it even exist in full form without guitar solos and it's still a masterpiece.

Sorry, but Slash, the guy that did ''come on come in'', ''spectacle'', and butchered November Rain with a couple of rappers dont have what it takes to create a gem of the dimension of Estranged.

asdf gunner
Rocker

« Reply #59 on: December 21, 2011, 03:00:34 PM »

I think you are judging Beta withouth even knowing her as a profesional, or even worse, as a person.
Just give them a chance and then see if it was a good or bad choice, for god's sake

What's so civil about W.A.R anyway?...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: