Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 04:13:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227796 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Administrative
| |-+  Administrative, Feedback & Help
| | |-+  approval
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: approval  (Read 5601 times)
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« on: January 05, 2012, 10:46:03 AM »

What's with people having to be "approved" in order to join the forum membership, here?  I know of a couple of people who have registered their info a couple of weeks ago, already, and are still waiting for "approval" to join.  Are you serious?   
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2012, 12:12:27 AM »

Yeah, I like how quickly our questions are answered....................waiting.................... Roll Eyes
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2012, 10:03:52 AM »

Sorry, just got home from a almost four month tour.

Am I serious? Yes.

Accounts need to be approved before they can be used for posting.

Ever heard of spam?

We get a lot of new accounts each day. Many are used o sell you all kinds of things you didn't know you needed.

Do you want that kind of shit posted here? Maybe you do.

I personally don't.

So the only alternative is to manually approve all new accounts before they can be used for posting.

This is all done manually by checking the accounts one by one.

Sometimes it takes time because I got other things I need to do. Especially during the past fourth months. There is this band that I wanted to see, I had to get from A to B, had to sleep etc.

Enough with the attitude.
Seriously.  Roll Eyes

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2012, 12:46:04 PM »

Ever heard of spam?

We get a lot of new accounts each day. Many are used o sell you all kinds of things you didn't know you needed.

I'd like that thing that gives me 3 extra inches plz, kthxbye...

hihi

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2012, 12:59:03 AM »

Ok - sorry about the attitude - it gets away from me at times and I can't help it.  Although, I will say that the responses here can sometimes be just as reflective of the same disposition.  Speaking of which, yes I have heard of spam and no, I don't want that shit posted here. 

But, just to explain myself a little - I do understand the approval thing.  Usually, though, when I've registered to a site I get a response - if not immediately, then within 24 hours.  I was just beginning to wonder, after people were waiting for 2 or 3 wks, if there was some type of elaborate screening and approval process people had to go through or something.  They were wondering what the deal was, as well.  It just seemed like a long time. 

Plus, often - when people ask questions in this section, the questions aren't always answered until there is a little prompt of some kind.  There will be silence, where you begin to wonder whether anyone's listening or if maybe moderators, etc. think it's just too much of a bullshit question to be bothered with.  I don't know.....I'm on the other end here of not knowing.....

Anyway, don't you have someone to help you - a trusted moderator who can help with the process, when you're not able to?  That might make things easier for you, as well as others who are left in the dark.       

Not trying to have an attitude right now - just trying to be honest.
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2012, 02:42:33 AM »

uh....still waiting for an approval.   How long can this process possibly take?  I'm not trying to be an ass, here, but several weeks is kind of, uh, a long time.  Come on.  I completely understand that people have other things to do in their lives, so it could possibly take a little time.  Yet, I have to say that I have never registered to a site and had it take more than 24 hrs or so.   
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2012, 09:36:11 AM »

You're waiting?

Instead of playing these rather silly games, why don't you just tell me (by PM or publicly) who exactly is waiting?

/jarmo
« Last Edit: January 14, 2012, 09:44:51 AM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2012, 12:13:59 AM »

Ok. 
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2012, 12:20:01 PM »

Thank you.  ok

/jarmo

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: