Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 11:53:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227784 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Administrative
| |-+  Administrative, Feedback & Help
| | |-+  Question
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Question  (Read 8620 times)
CIAT
Banned
Rocker

« on: March 18, 2012, 10:55:23 PM »

Since you obviously have some kind of comprehension problems. 

I'll spell it out for you in plain English:

Pro Robin: Not a problem!
Disrespecting current band members: Problem.
Your man crush on Robin: Not a problem.
Preferring Robin to anybody else on the planet: Not a problem.
Assuming things only to make current band member(s) look bad: Problem

Thank you. Try again next time Robin plays with GN'R. 

/jarmo

Ridiculous.

Clearly we have different definitons of disprespect. The thread jarmo locked, featured abslolutley 0 disrespect towards DJ as far as I could tell. In order to avoid such an issue in the future, I'd like to know exactly what was "disrespectful" towards DJ. This way, we know our limits on exactly what we can and can't say.

Broski
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2012, 11:05:28 PM »

Surprise surprise. One of the Robin fans didn't see any disrespectful comments.

If you actually read the thread in question you would notice how others pointed it out to you and the ones like you.

Move on already.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
CIAT
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2012, 12:02:42 AM »

I've read the thread. The only disrespect I've seen is your condescending comments in 90% of your posts.

No one really pointed out anything in particular from what I remember. I'd just like to know what the limits are of what we can and can't say. I saw absolutley zero issue with anything said about DJ but, clearly you disagree. So it would be nice to know what is allowed here and what isn't.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 12:05:35 AM by CIAT » Logged

Broski
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2012, 12:23:35 AM »

I respect that jarmo runs the site the way he does, this is his forum and he can do what he wants and that's fine...

I do however find it "troublesome" how I recieve negative karma for suggesting the thread be locked, if the moderators didn't like the innevitable discussion involving aspects of Robins appearence with GN'R...  Roll Eyes

If it was to do with my opinions on Robin and DJ, then that's just exactly what it was.....opinions. It's natural for individuals to have different tastes, preferences etc...

If that can't be expressed, then the thread should have been locked at least 3 days ago.....as both parties caused the conversation to turn into a back and fourth argument which wasn't going to end.  Wink

« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 12:28:07 AM by One.In.A.Million » Logged
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2012, 12:31:59 AM »

U know what..

I don't always agree with Jarmo on things but I at least have to give him credit for being consistent.

If Slash fans weren't allowed to bash Robin... Robin fans shouldn't be allowed to bash DJ

fair is fair

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
CIAT
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2012, 12:41:27 AM »

I agree that no members should be bashed. I just personally didn't see any bashing towards DJ. I saw some people offer there opinions and while they weren't all favorable, I just didn't see anything that was so horrible.

Ex: I don't like his tone. I don't like the way he plays Robin solo's and many Slash solo's. I prefer Robin. - I still think DJ is a good guitarist. I just don't LOVE certain things about him. And I don't think any of the things said were disrespectful or bashful. I just don't see it.

Broski
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2012, 09:14:00 AM »

Ex: I don't like his tone. I don't like the way he plays Robin solo's and many Slash solo's. I prefer Robin. - I still think DJ is a good guitarist. I just don't LOVE certain things about him. And I don't think any of the things said were disrespectful or bashful. I just don't see it.

Wait, let me get this right - you don't like DJ but you love Robin?

Just want to make sure I got that right.

hihi
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2012, 11:22:59 AM »

1: Dj fits perfectly into the "new" direction of gnr, which is more classical and bluesy rock. (new compared to omg-era)

2: I think we all are very diferent musical fans when it comes to gunsnroses.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 05:46:03 PM by norway » Logged

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
CIAT
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2012, 02:50:24 PM »

hihi

Correct

Edit: Well, I wouldn't say I don't like DJ. I just consider him my least favorite GNR member of all time personally and Robin one of my favorites. But, I still think DJ is a good player.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 02:54:57 PM by CIAT » Logged

Broski
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2012, 03:42:11 PM »

hihi

Correct

Edit: Well, I wouldn't say I don't like DJ. I just consider him my least favorite GNR member of all time personally and Robin one of my favorites. But, I still think DJ is a good player.

Oh, well thanks for clearing that up for us! As if we didn't see your numerous posts in the other threads about it already.
CIAT
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2012, 03:47:05 PM »

hihi

Correct

Oh, well thanks for clearing that up for us! As if we didn't see your numerous posts in the other threads about it already.

No problem

Broski
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2012, 05:57:05 PM »

So... Who's your favorite again?

All this is a bit of a mystery.

Why don't you like Robin?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2012, 09:00:18 PM »

/jarmo

Ridiculous.

Clearly we have different definitons of disprespect. The thread jarmo locked, featured abslolutley 0 disrespect towards DJ as far as I could tell. In order to avoid such an issue in the future, I'd like to know exactly what was "disrespectful" towards DJ. This way, we know our limits on exactly what we can and can't say.

Was there namecalling towards DJ?  No.   But, suggestions, like yours, that when Robin plays a solo differently, it's intentional, thereby implying when DJ plays a solo differently it's a mistake, were absurd.  And then you add in the comments about DJ "needing" to have people like him, not being surprised if he's an only child, etc. and there is to me an overall feeling of a lack of respect. 

Ali
CIAT
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2012, 09:22:17 PM »

/jarmo

Ridiculous.

Was there namecalling towards DJ?  No.   But, suggestions, like yours, that when Robin plays a solo differently, it's intentional, thereby implying when DJ plays a solo differently it's a mistake, were absurd.  And then you add in the comments about DJ "needing" to have people like him, not being surprised if he's an only child, etc. and there is to me an overall feeling of a lack of respect. 

Ali

You completely took my comments about mistakes the wrong way. Go back and read it again.

And I never said a thing about him needing to have people like him or him being an only child. You have me confused with someone else.

Broski
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2012, 02:50:15 AM »

/jarmo

Ridiculous.

Ali

You completely took my comments about mistakes the wrong way. Go back and read it again.

And I never said a thing about him needing to have people like him or him being an only child. You have me confused with someone else.

Yeah, right.  And I was the only person to take that comment that way, huh?

I never attributed the "only child" comment tot you, but as an example of what contributed to an overall sense of disrespect.

Ali
CIAT
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2012, 03:02:19 AM »

/jarmo

Ridiculous.

Ali

Yeah, right.  And I was the only person to take that comment that way, huh?

I never attributed the "only child" comment tot you, but as an example of what contributed to an overall sense of disrespect.

Ali

I already explained the comment in the thread though.

Broski
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: