Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 08:58:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227772 Posts in 43246 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Live gigs: standing VS seated
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Live gigs: standing VS seated  (Read 8170 times)
3STRANG3D
Headliner

Nothing UnReal Just human

« on: April 19, 2012, 01:01:00 PM »

I think I have done a mistake and bought seated tickets, having been with the ' zoo '  for quite few years now , sorry for the political incorrectness there, and I think that I am probably about to buy one for the standing area if I can ...

not sure if this is the correct area to post it.

Your thoughts on this subject?

"There goes mama, spwashin in the wa-ta! no more fightin wit dad! no more restraining order! no more step-da-da! no more new brother! blow her kisses bye-bye! Say mommy you love her! " Eminem BITCH!!!
Verasa
Be original.Be yourself
VIP

« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2012, 01:06:47 PM »

for me, its front row or bust. Every GnR show I have been to, I've waited patiently for hours upon hours outside to be sure Im in the front row. I prefer a little to the right or stage left by Tommy or DJ because its not as packed in tight as dead center where Body odor and the stupids hang out lol.  Im getting to old and impatient to do much more of the waiting and waiting, Next GnR show I will most likely buy seats and show up around 10:30 or so  beer

5/14/06 Hammerstein Ballroom, NYC
11/12/11 Kansas City, MO
wadey
Legend

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2012, 02:06:35 PM »

for me, its front row or bust. Every GnR show I have been to, I've waited patiently for hours upon hours outside to be sure Im in the front row. I prefer a little to the right or stage left by Tommy or DJ because its not as packed in tight as dead center where Body odor and the stupids hang out lol.  Im getting to old and impatient to do much more of the waiting and waiting, Next GnR show I will most likely buy seats and show up around 10:30 or so  beer

yep im with you on that one, used to be front row or bust up until manchester 10' when i chose seated. leeds fest 10' was my last gig at the barriers, immensly enjoyable but crushed to hell and knew about it the next day. obviously festivals will be standing but im gonna be seated (upfront and close) from now on, getting too old to be in the pit now hihi
it depends what experience your looking to get from the show though  ok

wembley-91'  leeds-02'  donington-06'  sheffield-06'  leeds-10'  manchester-10'  manchester-12' - donington 18' -and i finally met Axl !
KeyserSoze
Opening Act

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2012, 12:43:36 PM »

It depends what you want from the gig, both have advantages.

Seated - you will have a good view of the band because your vision won't be blocked by someone taller than you, you can turn up 10mins before the band starts and your space will always be there, you can get up to get more beer/go to the toilet and return to your seat easily and you have space under your seat to line up drinks  beer

Standing - possibility of being right up at the front of the stage, some freedom to move around to try and get a better view.  Do you really want to be sitting down at the back of an arena when a high energy AFD song is being played? probably not.

I change between seated and standing depending on what arena/hall the concert is in, some venues are just better for standing than others and also depending on what the band is, if its Eric Clapton for example then Im happy with good seats near the front and the freedom to go get more beer influences me getting a seated tick Smiley

"You wanted the best? Well, they didn't fuckin' make it! So here's what you get! From Hollywood..Guns 'N' Roses!"
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2012, 09:22:36 PM »

Out of all the shows I've seen so far, I've only sat down twice... in Paris 2006, and Toronto 2010. Both were only because all of the standing tickets had sold out before I decided I was attending.

I can't say I enjoyed those 2 shows any less, and if anything I may of enjoyed them more. I primarily love to stand though, as I feel you are more part of the action so to say. All of the shows I'm attending this year, I have braught standing tickets again, I just find myself choosing standing if I can.

I sometimes feel I should choose to sit at more shows, as I've only experienced it 2 times, but again I choose to stand.  Wink

svdv22
VIP

This is not a piano falling out of the sky

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2012, 11:10:08 AM »

I had seats that were really close to the stage, you didn't have a good view on Dizzy / Chriss / Frank but all the guitarists, Tommy and Axl walked / ran to the end of the stage and then you were really close to the action. Band members signing to the crowd, laughing and throwing stuff. We were standing the whole show, even though we had seats.

MillionsOfSpiders
Opening Act

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2012, 01:23:28 PM »

Standing ofc!

Ask yourself why i would choose
To prostitute myself and live with fortune and shame
Estranged85
Rocker

Why must it drift away and die?

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2012, 03:58:36 PM »

Standing. I had standing tickets when I saw them in 2010 and I also have standing tickets for when I see them this summer. I wanna be on front row!
taylor
Opening Act

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2012, 01:58:07 PM »

i have seated seats and i was sitting the last time i just cant be bothered getting sqaushed and pushed,   

seating the last time was good even though i stood the whole show if i wanted to sit i could and if i need the loo i coud go with out losing my place.
asdf gunner
Rocker

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2012, 07:07:30 PM »

Standing, that's where the real jungle is  Wink

What's so civil about W.A.R anyway?...
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2012, 10:19:12 AM »

Tried standing once and that involved beer spilling on me, no bathroom breaks, no beer refills, guys behind me pushing their junk against my ass, guys behind me pushing me and so pushing my junk against the guy-in-front-of-me's ass, and getting cursed out and pushed for being too tall and in the way.   For the record, I did not enjoy any of that, so I prefer seating. 

wadey
Legend

« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2012, 03:34:43 PM »

always thought the same when i was 18......now pushing 40 i prefer to chill and enjoy the show  hihi

wembley-91'  leeds-02'  donington-06'  sheffield-06'  leeds-10'  manchester-10'  manchester-12' - donington 18' -and i finally met Axl !
asdf gunner
Rocker

« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2012, 08:55:30 PM »

always thought the same when i was 18......now pushing 40 i prefer to chill and enjoy the show  hihi

Well that's right, I'm 18  hihi

What's so civil about W.A.R anyway?...
wadey
Legend

« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2012, 03:33:44 PM »

Well that's right, I'm 18  hihi

i know cos i checked your profile  rofl rofl

3STRANG3D
Headliner

Nothing UnReal Just human

« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2012, 01:17:12 AM »

What I like to have from a gig is very simple: music! So simple. & SO EASY!

I am so cheesy, cheesy, when everybody starts to ,,,, great tune George Soros, whatcha U think? Bankrupt, no bankrupt, coins, no coins throwing onstage? I dont think mamma drop some true rockers from da cradle, I think it developed at a later stage......... ! The PMRC was right! you gotta be joking me! Infact, I must had been OUT of my skull!

Plus, I got VIP ticket so I ll exchange words, hopefully not with Becky, & GnR wooohoo becky! & Smile! & woohoo, I am getting so excited already!!! 

Axl doesnt show up so nothing different there and thats ok, I am a beast when it comes to understanding!   

"There goes mama, spwashin in the wa-ta! no more fightin wit dad! no more restraining order! no more step-da-da! no more new brother! blow her kisses bye-bye! Say mommy you love her! " Eminem BITCH!!!
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2012, 09:34:22 PM »

The 'seats' should be in the back back back, so the "sit on their ass and yawn" crowd doesn't ruin the experience for those of us who actually came to rock.   Cool
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2012, 06:26:56 AM »

I think it's safe to say that everybody here prefers standing or seated to the other option: Passed out from drinking too much during the day and not remembering the show the next day. Wink

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: