Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 02:20:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  If there was a Guns N Roses biopic movie?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: If there was a Guns N Roses biopic movie?  (Read 6045 times)
SkeletorSerpent
Rocker

« on: April 20, 2012, 05:09:07 PM »

With Matt Sorum's plans to make an authentic "rock biopic" based on Gnr's life, what actor would play Axl? I always thought that Brad Pitt has a young Axl look and would do a great job playing him. Pitt is a great actor despite his reputation as just a pretty boy. They have similar facial features (similar facial hair, noses, deep voice, etc. (early 90s Axl).
Matt Sorum basically said that other than Walk the Line and The Doors, no rock movie has come close to accurately capturing rock n roll's energy. All attempts have been "dumb" and cheesy according to Sorum. I agree. The Doors was solid, but movies like Rock Star and The Perfect Age of Rock N Roll are terrible. No rock movie director "gets it" yet. Gnr would be the perfect band for creating the ultimate rock biopic.

Anyway, what actors could fit the roles of Izzy, Duff, Steve, and Slash, David Geffen, Mike Clink? It would be cool to start the movie off in Lafayette, Indiana, a small, rust belt city in the early 80s, washed up, post-industrial, Midwestern town.  The movie could open up with Axl singing in the church choir and going home to his basement and playing Sabbath, Elton John, and Queen records. A teenage Axl would leave Church and go home to his abusive, and whitetrash mother screaming at him and smoking Winstons or something. The sound track would be Scorsese-esque and mind blowing. The sound track would include GNR tunes but also the music that influenced Gnr would be part of the background in Indiana with Izzy and Axl. The movie would flip scenes to England where the viewer would see a young Saul Hudson being musically cultivated in Europe. I can just imagine it. Their story has the potential to be the ultimate rock flick. The film could juxtapose the small, rust belt town in Indiana with the bright lights of Hollywood.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 05:16:02 PM by SkeletorSerpent » Logged
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2012, 05:15:51 PM »

With Matt Sorum's plans to make an authentic "rock biopic" based on Gnr's life, what actor would play Axl? I always thought that Brad Pitt has a young Axl look and would do a great job playing him. Pitt is a great actor despite his reputation as just a pretty boy. They have similar facial features (similar facial hair, noses, deep voice, etc. (early 90s Axl).
Matt Sorum basically said that other that Walk the Line and The Doors, no rock movie has come close to accurately capturing rock n roll's energy. All attempts have been "dumb" and cheesy according to Sorum. I agree. The Doors was solid, but movies like Rock Star and The Perfect Age of Rock N Roll are terrible. No rock movie director "gets it" yet. Gnr would be the perfect band for creating the ultimate rock biopic.

Anyway, what actors could fit the roles of Izzy, Duff, Steve, and Slash, David Geffen, Mike Clink? It would be cool to start the movie off in Lafayette, Indiana, a small, rust belt city in the early 80s, washed up, post-industrial, Midwestern town.  The movie could open up with Axl singing in the church choir and going home to his basement and playing Sabbath, Elton John, and Queen records. The sound track would be Scorsese-esque and mind blowing. The sound track would include GNR tunes but also the music that influenced Gnr would be part of the background in Indiana with Izzy and Axl. The movie would flip scenes to England where the viewer would see a young Saul Hudson being musically cultivated in Europe. I can just imagine it. Their story has the potential to be the ultimate rock flick. The film could juxtapose the small, rust belt town in Indiana with the bright lights of Hollywood.

For it to fit here, it would have to be a biopic on GN'R from past to present, so current members would have to be considered too.

Brad Pitt though, when he gets acting lessons, maybe that could be a consideration  hihi
SkeletorSerpent
Rocker

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2012, 05:20:48 PM »

Absolutely, I think to capture the entire Gnr story, the director would have to carry it out through the release of Chinese Democracy, the successful tour, and the Hall of Fame acceptance and rejection. The movie could end with Axl watching HBO induction from Malibu, while master minding his next album and European tour. That would be a great ending.
SkeletorSerpent
Rocker

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2012, 05:23:04 PM »

Brad Pitt is one of this generations greatest actors; that can't be denied. I think someday he will be in the same league as Redford, Deniro, Hoffman, Fonda, etc. He is the real deal.
SkeletorSerpent
Rocker

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2012, 06:21:12 PM »

Must include scenes:
Axl's strict, religious upbringing
Axl's musical influences (sound track)
Singing in church
trouble in school (police, teachers, mom)
Meeting Izzy
Slash's childhood and musical influence
Greyhound to L.A., arriving in L.A. (sound track)
forming Hollywood Rose (Traci Gunns, etc.)
Working the sunstrip (flyers, competing against the plethora of average hair bands, trying to prove that they are not just Motley Crue without make-up or Bon Jovi with more attitude)
Final formation of the Appetite line-up
writing Appetite Songs (see the origins of the some of the bigger hits, e.g. writing Paradise City in the back of a Van and singing big titties, etc.)
Gnr appear on Head Bangers Ball
Sweet Child goes Number One on Billboard/Appetite Explodes, bubble gum pop takes a swift kick in the ass, Hair Bands are dethroned, Gnr is the biggest band in the world
Duff and Slash drunk and swear at American Music Awards "Most Dangerous Band in the World"
St. Louis riot
One in a Million controversy
Metallica/Montreal riot
long lines at Tower Records for Illusions (Two albums in the top 2 spots)
Kicking out Adler
filming of Estranged/rise of Nirvana and Grunge
Izzy leaves
Slash leaves
Axl writes Catcher in the Ry/Better/or Madagascar
releasing Chinese Democracy
rough start to touring
Successful tour
RARHOF induction
Axl tours

LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2012, 01:07:37 PM »

It would be awful and I wish people would quit bringing it up.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: