Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 04:06:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227669 Posts in 43239 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 492 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1546553 times)
Spirit
Legend

« on: May 03, 2012, 01:03:35 PM »

ALBUM NAME:
STAY OF EXECUTION
(RUMOR)
CHINESE DEMOCRACY 2 (RUMOR)

RELEASE DATE:
Unknown

TRACKLIST: (TBA)

CONFIRMED SONG TITLES (WORKING TITLES)
Not confirmed for the next LP release

Atlas Shrugged
* Ron said it almost made it on Chinese Democracy, but it would've taken the album past the 74 minute mark.
* Ron has done a solo for this song.
* Ron said it'll be going on Chinese Democracy 2.
* Axl: Song doesn't have all that much to do with the book other than trying to do what you believe in and a line about shoulders not being wide enough.
* Brian May recorded on this song. Axl said in the '08 chats that he might appear on an alternate or bits, on that track it has more to do with recording issues and getting the mix to a good level.
* Jeff Leeds: It's somewhere between '70s glam rock and 'November Rain'.
* Rumored to be released in November 2023

The General (Set to be released on 7" vinyl on October 27, 2023)
* (Co?-)written by Bryan Mantia.
* Ron thinks this is an interesting song.
* Axl: You may have heard parts of it somewhere.
* Orchestral arrangement by Marco Beltrami.
* GN'R twitter on which songs are used as intros at the concerts: "The General" is probably most played before CD.
* Baz: One of my favorite songs is this song called "the general" which is so, its by far the heaviest metal tune I think ive ever heard axl do, this slow grinding riff with these high peircing vocals, screaming vocals.
* Dizzy on what is one of his favourite tracks [from the Chinese Democracy sessions): Last year Brain had this song called 'The General' that was really cool.
* Brain: Yes I wrote the general! Not sure if bucket or robin are on it... It will have to be a surprise!!!

Perhaps (Released as a single on August 18, 2023)
* Written by ?
* Drums by Bryan Mantia
* Slash and Duff recorded for this track, including background vocals from Duff

Hard Skool (Released as a single on September 24, 2021)
* Written by Rose, Slash, McKagan, Finck, Freese, Stinson and Tobias
* Aka "Jackie Chan" and "Hard School"
* This is the real (working) title of the clip 'Checkmate'.

Absurd (Released as a single on August 6, 2021)
* Written by Rose, Slash, McKagan and Reed
* Aka Silkworms
* Played live in 2001 and as "Absurd" in 2021.
* Axl: Has a lot of guitars, lots of different drum the chorus is gone.
* Chris: It ended up being this incredible track that sounded like Guns N' Roses 10 or 15 years in the future. It was so far removed from our other songs that we had to put it in this other place. Concept-wise, it didn't fit with Chinese Democracy. We hope we will have other songs that match that kind of futuristic sound. It's a really exciting track because it morphs into this crazy sound, but it was out so much in the other direction that we have to let time catch up with it.
* Dizzy on writing Silkworms with Chris: Umm... it was passed back and forth on our computers.

Ides Of March
* Dave Dominguez revealed the existence of this song.
* "Ides of March" was a 'loop' written by Dizzy.

Berlin
* Aka "Oklahoma"
* Dave Dominguez: Axl wrote that with inspiration from the Oklahoma City bombing (more as a tribute to those who died, if I'm not mistaken).
* Axl: It was inspired by a court date with ex-wife Erin Everly. ''I was sitting in my litigation with my ex-wife, and it was the day after the bombing,'' Rose remembers with a wince. ''We had a break, and I'm sitting with my attorneys with a sort of smile on my face, more like a nervous thing - it was like, 'Forgive me, people, I'm having trouble taking this seriously.' It's just ironic that we're sitting there and this person is spewing all kinds of things and 168 people just got killed. And this person I'm sitting there with, she don't care. Obliterating me is their goal.''

Oh My God (Released on the End Of Days soundtrack in 1999)
* Written by Paul Tobias, Dizzy Reed and Axl Rose.
* Played live.
* Axl: There?s a remix w/lots of new vocals and a wilder guitar intro but it?s not taken all that seriously.

Down By The Ocean
* (Co?-)written by Izzy
* Originates from a tape Duff and Izzy recorded in 1995.

Seven
* Marco Beltrami wrote a guitar part on this song.
* Brain: It's a timeless ballad with a blow-your-face-off chorus and a suck-your-ball-sack bridge!

P.R.L.
* Aka "Thyme".

Quick Song
* Jeff Leeds: It's a rock song with a riff similar to 'Smells Like Teen Spirit'.

Zodiac
* Aka "Zodiac 13"
* Jeff Leeds: It's an electronic, industrial song.

Soul Monster
* Aka "Elvis Presley and the Monster of Soul", "Me and My Elvis" and "Leave Me Alone"
* Axl: I think it's [our] most Black Sabbath moment. Sang it on a Christmas eve. Imo the meanest section of anything I've sung to date. Which having said that I'm sure when it's heard others may disagree but we felt it was a Christmas card of unadulterated venom so to speak. I felt a lot better afterward.

Going Down
* (Co?-)written by Tommy Stinson
* Features Tommy on vocals and Axl on main chorus
* Ron has described the song as "slower paced".
* Ron has described the song as "acoustic-ey" - something that Bob Dylan could have done.
* In an online chat Ron described this one as "earthy".
* Been on set lists.

10%er
* (Co?-)written by Tommy Stinson
* Listed on ASCAP

As It Began

State Of Grace

Eye On You

Mustache

Tonto

Real doll.com

Billionaire

Dub Suplex

Devious Bastard

Dummy

Circus Maximus

D Tune

Curly Shuffle

Nothing

Inside Out

Prom Violence

The Rebel
« Last Edit: August 22, 2023, 05:56:41 PM by Spirit » Logged

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Chuzeville
Rocker

I'm Serge Lama!

« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2012, 01:34:23 PM »

Well, for starters you can add Tommy's quote from a recent itw about recording a new album.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2012, 01:40:14 PM »

Thank you!

Sweetness is a virtue
westcoast_junkie
VIP

Here to hell, gone today....

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2012, 01:53:51 PM »

Enough songs there. Release the hounds!!  Grin

Life is what happens in-between each fight on the message board....
volcano62
VIP

I Am Inconquerable

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2012, 02:01:36 PM »

Release the hounds!!  Grin

YES!!!!! We are ready for round 2!!!

Montreal 1992
Quebec City 2006
Montreal 2010
Ottawa 2010
Quebec City 2013
Montreal 2013
peter7411226
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2012, 03:21:08 PM »

I really hope that if they do in fact record that they record a proper album and just abandon any old songs left over from the Chinese Democracy sessions. Start from scratch. Let this lineup shine. Write collaborately and see what this group of musicians can come up with. In my opinion I feel that Chinese Democracy suffered from having too many musicians playing too many parts. To me it never seemed cohesive. I want to see the chemistry this band has on stage come across on an album not just record parts for songs that are already done.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2012, 03:26:45 PM »

fuck yes please. release em 14 songs.

who's jeff leeds?
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2012, 03:27:06 PM »

I really hope that if they do in fact record that they record a proper album and just abandon any old songs left over from the Chinese Democracy sessions. Start from scratch. Let this lineup shine. Write collaborately and see what this group of musicians can come up with. In my opinion I feel that Chinese Democracy suffered from having too many musicians playing too many parts. To me it never seemed cohesive. I want to see the chemistry this band has on stage come across on an album not just record parts for songs that are already done.

In one way I agree with you, I can't wait to hear what the current line up can come up with.

On the other hand I think it would be a shame if much of the previously recorded material went to waste. I think Bumblefoot has the right idea when he said that they should just get the remaining Chinese-era songs out quickly, and then get started with brand new material. From what I can gather they've already started the writing process.

Sweetness is a virtue
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2012, 03:28:16 PM »

who's jeff leeds?

He works for The New York Times.

Sweetness is a virtue
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2012, 03:36:43 PM »

who's jeff leeds?

And how has he heard these songs?

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2012, 03:38:28 PM »

WOW, didn't realise just how many rumoured song titles there were, and my mouth is watering.  drool

How cool would it be to have GN'R debut a new song in Europe, would be amazing..... here's hoping.  ok
The Prez
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2012, 04:10:14 PM »

Great new, interesting thread, thanks
 ok

There is a difference between the opinion of the majority and the thruth...
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2012, 04:20:32 PM »

Ides of March was a 'loop' written by Dizzy.

Dave Dominguez revealed the existence of this song.
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2012, 04:24:21 PM »

who's jeff leeds?

And how has he heard these songs?

Jeff Leeds did a story for the NY Times on Guns N' Roses. It was an expose on the recording on Chinese Democracy. Management were not supportive of the story.

Jeff Leeds later revealed extra information to Guns N' Roses fan sites. He revealed the titles of, and briefly described three songs.
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2012, 04:35:29 PM »

'Down by the Ocean' was randomly mentioned in an interview ages ago. A user called Firefly confirmed it's existence on the alt.gnr group years ago, and said it was a song written by Izzy.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 04:38:01 PM by Mysteron » Logged
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2012, 04:41:28 PM »

'Down by the Ocean' was randomly mentioned in an interview ages ago. A user called Firefly confirmed it's existence on the alt.gnr group years ago, and said it was a song written by Izzy.

Axl also confirmed the title in the forum chats.

I think I've read somewhere that the song stems from a GN'R session back in the mid-90s, but I can't seem to find it now. Do you know anything about that?

Sweetness is a virtue
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2012, 04:48:03 PM »

I think I've read somewhere that the song stems from a GN'R session back in the mid-90s, but I can't seem to find it now. Do you know anything about that?

Izzy told Popular magazine in 2001 about 'Down by the Ocean'', checking on Google.

It originated from a tape Duff and Izzy recorded in 1995
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2012, 04:49:37 PM »

Izzy told Popular magazine in 2001 about 'Down by the Ocean'', checking on Google.

It originated from a tape Duff and Izzy recorded in 1995

Thanks!  Smiley

Sweetness is a virtue
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2012, 05:01:29 PM »

It may also be interesting to point out that during the CD sessions Merck said there were two and a half albums worth of good material, at that time.  So we are looking at 30 songs potentially, minus  what been released already.

Add to that now what DJ etc.. have added. There must be a good pool of songs to choose from

And, Catcher in the Rye was not going to be on CD. It was only ever added because of the positive feedback to the leak. I am happy to be corrected  on this.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 05:03:36 PM by Mysteron » Logged
rendestroi95
Rocker

You Know Where You Are?? No?? Okay :(

« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2012, 05:05:24 PM »

WOW, didn't realise just how many rumoured song titles there were, and my mouth is watering.  drool

Damn... me too  Shocked

it's happening
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 492 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: